PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect/want to learn about PSO2 from PAX?

RedRaz0r
Aug 24, 2012, 11:25 AM
PAX is right around the corner, with the debut of the US version of PSO2. What details are you hoping they will reveal?

I'm hoping for a release date, and more details about how far behind we will be in updates. Although I don't expect to get any information, because I know getting hopes up with Sega leads to heartbreak </3.

So what do you want to know about PSO2 from PAX?

Neirene
Aug 24, 2012, 11:28 AM
As many details as possible, game management, payment system, ingame currency, prices, GM support, updates, exclusive contents, PS Vita and Smarthphone versions, in game events, etc.

I think it will be the best chance to know as much as possible about the overseas release of PSO2 cannot miss this oportunity!

Cyrillic
Aug 24, 2012, 11:35 AM
I just hope it releases not too far behind content wise to jp version.

I'd find a 5-7 month delay for localization acceptable at most, since i know quite a few games lie around that range for their mothership versions.

a year plus is where it becomes annoying.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
I expect to learn nothing new. Maybe news on a vita and smartphone version.

I would like to hear about it releasing a little earlier.

Arika
Aug 24, 2012, 12:07 PM
I just hope it releases not too far behind content wise to jp version.

I'd find a 5-7 month delay for localization acceptable at most, since i know quite a few games lie around that range for their mothership versions.

a year plus is where it becomes annoying.

In PSU, they were only 1-2 month behind at first, and then every update took 1-2 week extra time compare to JP until it become whole year delay later.
SO it is not all about release day. it is about how long do they need for their translate team to finish the job. (they could ask fan to translate everything and give them script for quick lol)

Garnet_Moon
Aug 24, 2012, 12:11 PM
They better not fuck this up by following the JP timeline of updates. Guild Wars 2 and Mists of Pandaria will utterly destroy PSO2 if they launch as bare as the JP one did. Also add in the random gacha system and you don't have a whole lot to hook players in the states and europe aside from the fans of the series, most of which are playing JP PSO2 because fuck SoA.

Hell, I'm so bored I just resubbed to FFXIV.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
They better not fuck this up by following the JP timeline of updates. Guild Wars 2 and Mists of Pandaria will utterly destroy PSO2 if they launch as bare as the JP one did. Also add in the random gacha system and you don't have a whole lot to hook players in the states and europe aside from the fans of the series, most of which are playing JP PSO2 because fuck SoA.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet big money on the updates at least starting off the same as the JP updates.

Whether or not US/EU content is starting the same as JP isn't as much of a question as whether or not the updates will be as steady.

Golto
Aug 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'm not going to play on the NA/EU servers unless they ip ban non-JPN on the JPN server. The track record for sega and the ps mmos for NA/EU is horrible. With them spending even less in those markets now they can only do worse when it comes to keeping up with updates. Seriously should it take 2 months for Sega to translate something that 3 people can do in 1-2 weeks?

DAMASCUS
Aug 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'm still vainly hoping that there will at least be an announcement that it will be available for one console or another. I may be a be able to run it on my laptop for chat sessions but...idk beyond that.

I'll be curious to see it running on VITA if they have that as a demo.

Macman
Aug 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
I don't expect to learn anything new or good.

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
I expect to learn how to anticipate community wide butthurt from how underwhelming it'll be in terms of hoping for any info that could tell us it WON'T have a mediocre/boring launch.

Zipzo
Aug 24, 2012, 03:34 PM

PSO2 is not in direct competition with either of those games. Different strokes.

Also...FFXIV? Really? That game is terrible.

Chacron
Aug 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
Would be nice though if they did start with more content then the JP release. I'm hoping they tell us what the pricing is for the AC stuff and that they're not going to be a year behind in updating.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
Would be nice though if they did start with more content then the JP release. I'm hoping they tell us what the pricing is for the AC stuff and that they're not going to be a year behind in updating.
Telling us they won't be behind is one thing. Actually making good on such a promise is something they have shown to be incapable of doing in the past.

Crimson Exile
Aug 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
I don't expect to learn anything new or good.
I agree with this ^