PDA

View Full Version : So apparently we can earn nifty bonuses for inviting friends to PSO2.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-friend-invitation-system/

Is there anything actually stopping you from just inviting yourself with a new account? >_>

HFlowen
Aug 24, 2012, 12:53 PM
That's what I was thinking of doing but then I realised I wasn't going to level a character just for a new hat.

I'm sure someone is bored enough to do it though.

Sephirah
Aug 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if Gameguard will let you open 2 clients at the same time? Seems like you could just set your other account to auto-follow you on a multi-party map and soak up XP?

blace
Aug 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
That's assuming it won't force the first client to close out.

Xaeris
Aug 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
I like the chignon decoration, but nothing I can't live without. Good thing too, because I already recruited anyone I could recruit.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 01:00 PM
That's what I was thinking of doing but then I realised I wasn't going to level a character just for a new hat.

I'm sure someone is bored enough to do it though.

You can literally get to level 10 in less than an hour.

sugarFO
Aug 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Ugh I want the funny ribbon!!!

Garnet_Moon
Aug 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
Yet another game to fall victim to the capitalist hatconomy.

gigawuts
Aug 24, 2012, 01:20 PM
You can literally get to level 10 in less than an hour.

Level 10 isn't the issue.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
That all looks awesome. Shame I don't know anyone who doesn't already play.

Well, actually, I do, but they aren't the types of people that would be interested in a game like PSO2, especially not the Japanese version. So, looks like I'm shut out of this opportunity.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 24, 2012, 01:24 PM
That all looks awesome. Shame I don't know anyone who doesn't already play.

Well, actually, I do, but they aren't the types of people that would be interested in a game like PSO2, especially not the Japanese version. So, looks like I'm shut out of this opportunity.
You could always find people you do know to make an alt account that you can PL on your 40 through quests and MPAs, and then you can bunny hop and role reverse to ensure the mains get the items.

You just have to ask yourself if playing babysitter for a bunch of alts is worth a new hat.

Gardios
Aug 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
I ended up playing RO just for the headgears, so this is somewhat intriguing. Too bad everyone I know who'd play it already does and I surely won't level another character.

But man, dem hats.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2012, 01:26 PM
You just have to ask yourself if playing babysitter for a bunch of alts is worth a new hat.

Oh trust me, I babysat probably at least 100 alt characters over my PSU career. I could handle it.

I mostly just want the star glasses, and that's it.

Chacron
Aug 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
I might ask someone to try this with me when its closer to when this comes out. Would be nice to see what ship 2 is all about even if it means starting a new account/char.

HiOc
Aug 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
dat straw hat!

Sizustar
Aug 24, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hopefully the hat is sellable in MY SHOP, then if the requirement isn't too bad, their price should be gettable.

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hopefully the hat is sellable in MY SHOP, then if the requirement isn't too bad, their price should be gettable.

I feel the same way. If they are tradable, it should work out for everyone. Otherwise, it really would suck having to level a new account to 40, just to get a hat.

Alnet
Aug 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Dang, I've already gotten most of the people I know who were interested in PSO2 into this game already.

But then again, I don't really want any of those prizes.

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
They always wait till the last minute to implement these stupid things...

Don't you realize that no one wants to play your game by the time you add this "special system"

Also LOLhats...

They better not make it so that this is the ONLY way to get certain items though... That won't be fun... e_e

Sizustar
Aug 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Dang, I've already gotten most of the people I know who were interested in PSO2 into this game already.

But then again, I don't really want any of those prizes.

True, none of them look that interesting to me currently, but Sakai said that's not all of them.
And also since you earn 1 "badge" for each lv.10 person, hopefully the "badge" required won't be some ridicilious number like 10~100+
Just 1~2 badge per accessory.

Retehi
Aug 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, another hat simulator.

Crimson Exile
Aug 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
This should have been something that came out on release. The people that would join have and the others want because they aren't into these types of games.

Chacron
Aug 24, 2012, 03:22 PM
Oh, another hat simulator.

This game pretty much already was, just need to embrace it! Now all we need are cross promotions with other games or media for more options in hats!

Crysteon
Aug 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Yuuuup...this game is so close to become one of the Korean archetype base. That hat bullcrap reminds me a lot to the fashion galore Ragnarok Online has with headgears.

What's next? Unjustified PK system and PvP areas? Sure, let Rangers and Forces eat Hunters all day long.

JeyKama
Aug 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
This should have been something that came out on release. The people that would join have and the others want because they aren't into these types of games.

On the contrary, at launch the game didn't need it. The player drop-off (typically 70% or more) for F2P games generally occurs a couple months after release, and at that point with the competition out there, the most important way (though it is true through out a game's life) for increasing playerbase is by word of mouth.

And while it sucks that most of your responses to this initiative is "oh, time to PL an alt account" instead of "oh, gotta try to get a friend to play" that's something a game's gotta do to survive. Also, don't pretend that only Asian games do these friend-link campaigns.

It sure beats the *points to the ad banner on this very site* "You deserve an Orgy." campaign.

Chacron
Aug 24, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yuuuup...this game is so close to become one of the Korean archetype base. That hat bullcrap reminds me a lot to the fagshion galore Ragnarok Online has with headgears.

What's next? Unjustified PK system and PvP areas? Sure, let Rangers and Forces eat Hunters all day long.

Erm, I can kinda see the game going that way to draw in the Korea crowd...

Link1275
Aug 24, 2012, 04:05 PM
You're forgetting something:

Anyways, what you’ve seen so far is only a glimpse of the items you can get, you can expect to see some fun weapons too.

Make sure your friend has never made any characters on any ships before being invited. Even if they made a character and deleted them, they can’t be considered “invited.”
You must tell your player id and ship number to the person you are inviting.
The invited player must start the game on the same ship as the player who invited them.
If either character moves to a different ship, you can no longer obtain the badges. However, if they return to the same ship again, you can obtain badges when they reach their next level goals.
You can accept an invite from your friend 1 time, but you can invite other friends any number of times.

With the new classes coming out in September, when you change classes, you’ll become level 1. If you invite a friend who has not played PSO2 before, you can level up together without worrying about the level differences.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 04:43 PM
Yuuuup...this game is so close to become one of the Korean archetype base. That hat bullcrap reminds me a lot to the fagshion galore Ragnarok Online has with headgears.

I don't think they would allow PvP to be that unbalanced. Sure, Rangers and Forces could run away from Hunters, but Hunters would have good enough defenses to withstand several hits and be able to kill Rangers and Forces in three or four hits if they got in. Plus Hunters could probably Just Guard all of Ranger's attacks and could Step through most of Force's.

ScottyMango
Aug 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
OH NO, HATS!

This game is obviously doomed.

... >_>

Jungo Torii
Aug 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
I can't see anything that I care for a whole lot. Since I also don't know anyone else who would want to play that doesn't already, this whole thing is kinda meaningless to me.

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
OH NO, HATS!

This game is obviously doomed.

... >_>

I know right?

Hats?

We were a korean game the second it was free to play.

Inazuma
Aug 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
If you earn 1 badge for every 10 levels, then the best way to accumulate badges would be to get a new account to lv 10, make another account for lv 10, etc. until you have enough badges for all the stupid hats.

The total amount of "players" will quickly shoot up like crazy because of this, but since none of them will be active past the first day, it won't do any good. However this system works, it sucks imo.

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 06:37 PM
If you earn 1 badge for every 10 levels, then the best way to accumulate badges would be to get a new account to lv 10, make another account for lv 10, etc. until you have enough badges for all the stupid hats.

The total amount of "players" will quickly shoot up like crazy because of this, but since none of them will be active past the first day, it won't do any good. However this system works, it sucks imo.

A new use for city missions you say?!

Quick! a city mission is announced, we have 15 minutes to invite a new account and level up a character to 10 for that hour! EASY BADGE

/ships start getting locked again

Amaranthus
Aug 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
That Chignon Decoration, must have!

Narugami
Aug 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
On a sidenote, we all know what the double sabers look like now: http://puu.sh/YzS3.png

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 11:46 PM
You mad late FEZ boy!

Narugami
Aug 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
You mad late FEZ boy!

Hory shet I recognize you!

Chik'Tikka
Aug 25, 2012, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know if Gameguard will let you open 2 clients at the same time? Seems like you could just set your other account to auto-follow you on a multi-party map and soak up XP?

That's assuming it won't force the first client to close out.

My PC can barely handle one instance of PSO2 with shaders on, but there are ways around various games protection to open more then one, it's called virtualization, unfortunately, Virtual Machines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine) (VMs) each require there own OS product keys for long term use, as well as the cost of some of the more decent VM software out there+^_^+ i used to do it for another MMO that required players to be logged on to run a shop, logged on and unable to move or play (being that shop was open) so i loaded another OS on a VM, gave it it's own IP address in my network, installed the game with lowest settings and res, and had a shop 24/7 for awhile+^_^+ also keep in mind, giving resources (RAM, HDD space, CPUs, etc) deducts those resources from the Host OS+^_^+

MOHFL
Aug 25, 2012, 07:29 PM
On the contrary, at launch the game didn't need it. The player drop-off (typically 70% or more) for F2P games generally occurs a couple months after release, and at that point with the competition out there, the most important way (though it is true through out a game's life) for increasing playerbase is by word of mouth.

And while it sucks that most of your responses to this initiative is "oh, time to PL an alt account" instead of "oh, gotta try to get a friend to play" that's something a game's gotta do to survive. Also, don't pretend that only Asian games do these friend-link campaigns.

It sure beats the *points to the ad banner on this very site* "You deserve an Orgy." campaign.

This. I saw that ad and was like "wtf"

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
So, anybody know if we'll have a chance at purchasing these through player shops at a later date? It's a shame they decided to wait so long to do this, "invite a friend" campaign though. Anybody I know that wants to play is already playing, lol.

Why the hell would they wait this long when they know anybody that wanted to play has already registered at this point anyway? Bah.

Mike
Aug 26, 2012, 07:23 AM
Why the hell would they wait this long when they know anybody that wanted to play has already registered at this point anyway? Bah.
It's probably what JeyKama said. PSO2 may have over 800,000 registered accounts but only a minority of those accounts play and an even smaller number of those pay for items. So what they're really looking for is more rubes to buy junk from the AC scratch.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
It's probably what JeyKama said. PSO2 may have over 800,000 registered accounts but only a minority of those accounts play and an even smaller number of those pay for items. So what they're really looking for is more rubes to buy junk from the AC scratch.

Ah, well... in that case, I guess it makes sense. So it's not so much about you and your friends as it is SoJ using that as an excuse to make a quick buck, lol. I still wonder if we will be able to purchase them from player shops though.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, in abandoning the monthly sub system and converting to an F2P model PSO2 has turned into a game that ideally needs to cater specifically to new players. The ones that find out about the game, do all the content in one go, buy some crap, and leave. The flaw in this is you saturate the market very quickly - players hate X or Y and then just move on to the next "disposable" F2P game. Yes, you can add new content, but many will never return to play it.

Sega CAN work around that by actively attending to things players dislike and constantly adding new content. Monthly content so far is there, but at this point it's all either pre-made or partially finished (enemies int he game files, roadmap, etc.) This is both good and bad: They have a plan, which is good, but at the same time they're holding out on us. The affix system is a copout meant to keep dedicated and hardcore players around (and to help make AC scratch a form of RMT, but more on that later) for many multiples of time the ordinary player will spend on the game without actually putting in that much extra content, but it's not a real solution. Players will max out the best performing weapon and units and never go back to Dodo again until a new one comes out. Ardillou has been the best sword in the game since hard mode released. I say it a lot, but only because it's true: There needs to be real weapon variety to make hunting viable. Unless you're a collector, which is all well and fine, you have no reason to get a sword with worse stats than your current one unless you really like the looks (like me and my signo braver <3 ). Yes, it's early in the game, and no that doesn't matter. The fact that we're only on hard mode does not mitigate the fact that we're being held at this point and we're actively farming just to watch our wallets go up. Give me this much time on PSO1 and I'll have been farming SJS for 2 months already.

AC scratch items being sellable is not an inherently "good" thing, as some players have said. Other games may restrict all gacha items, but in PSO2 they can all be sold. The reason for this is blatantly obvious: RMT. Why do you think Sega is crushing RMTers and then bragging about it? They want players to do AC Scratch, try to get a bikini, then sell the bikini in the market. This is why certain grind/affix items are AC Scratch exclusives. This is why we can't expect any changes to the affix system at all, not even to better indicate your real chances of success - they want you blind and they want you to have no idea just how bad your chances of success actually are.

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, in abandoning the monthly sub system and converting to an F2P model PSO2 has turned into a game that ideally needs to cater specifically to new players. The ones that find out about the game, do all the content in one go, buy some crap, and leave. The flaw in this is you saturate the market very quickly - players hate X or Y and then just move on to the next "disposable" F2P game. Yes, you can add new content, but many will never return to play it.

Sega CAN work around that by actively attending to things players dislike and constantly adding new content. Monthly content so far is there, but at this point it's all either pre-made or partially finished (enemies int he game files, roadmap, etc.) This is both good and bad: They have a plan, which is good, but at the same time they're holding out on us. The affix system is a copout meant to keep dedicated and hardcore players around (and to help make AC scratch a form of RMT, but more on that later) for many multiples of time the ordinary player will spend on the game without actually putting in that much extra content, but it's not a real solution. Players will max out the best performing weapon and units and never go back to Dodo again until a new one comes out. Ardillou has been the best sword in the game since hard mode released. I say it a lot, but only because it's true: There needs to be real weapon variety to make hunting viable. Unless you're a collector, which is all well and fine, you have no reason to get a sword with worse stats than your current one unless you really like the looks (like me and my signo braver <3 ). Yes, it's early in the game, and no that doesn't matter. The fact that we're only on hard mode does not mitigate the fact that we're being held at this point and we're actively farming just to watch our wallets go up. Give me this much time on PSO1 and I'll have been farming SJS for 2 months already.

AC scratch items being sellable is not an inherently "good" thing, as some players have said. Other games may restrict all gacha items, but in PSO2 they can all be sold. The reason for this is blatantly obvious: RMT. Why do you think Sega is crushing RMTers and then bragging about it? They want players to do AC Scratch, try to get a bikini, then sell the bikini in the market. This is why certain grind/affix items are AC Scratch exclusives. This is why we can't expect any changes to the affix system at all, not even to better indicate your real chances of success - they want you blind and they want you to have no idea just how bad your chances of success actually are.

ARE YOU SAYING PSO2 IS A MONEY TOOL IN THE IMAGE OF IT'S FORMER SELF?!

SAKAIS VISION IS WORTH MORE THAN THAT!!!!!!

I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

COMMIT SEPPUKU FOR SAKAI RIGHT NOW!!! AAGGHGHHH!!!!!!

YOU FOOLS!!!!

valmont
Aug 27, 2012, 06:22 AM
ARE YOU SAYING PSO2 IS A MONEY TOOL IN THE IMAGE OF IT'S FORMER SELF?!

SAKAIS VISION IS WORTH MORE THAN THAT!!!!!!

I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

COMMIT SEPPUKU FOR SAKAI RIGHT NOW!!! AAGGHGHHH!!!!!!

YOU FOOLS!!!!

i lol'ed.. hard..
but really, i dont mind if sakai takes my money to make his vision come true..
this games fits my taste a lot..
action based, no stupid quest, lolibot XD
and HEADPHONES!!!!!
ontopic: it just sad, that some of my friend doesnt even try this game because of the languange..

AFKei
Aug 27, 2012, 07:24 PM
mfw I already sent invites to my brother and his friend.