PDA

View Full Version : pso2 english pic? lol

Galerianx
Aug 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
was looking around for info about the english pso2 and come on to sega forums and saw this lol

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7564900832_26e352b155_z.jpg

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?419656-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-at-PAX-Prime

oo w8 never mind how do i delite this lol

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
well thats one way to freak everyone out lol.

it's not an english pic, Edward said he just grabbed a random empty picture of PSO2.

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
This is a picture of the PSO2 Alpha Lobby.

I heard that they were bringing back the Alpha Lobby for PAX in Seattle where they'll be showing off PSO2's English Version, so it makes sense.

I hope Edward just doesn't know what he's talking about, because I loved the Alpha lobby. It's much more similar to PSO's lobby =P

Galerianx
Aug 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
i had too read all of it
i got on the start of open beta so i never saw the old lobby lol

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
This is a picture of the PSO2 Alpha Lobby.

I heard that they were bringing back the Alpha Lobby for PAX in Seattle where they'll be showing off PSO2's English Version, so it makes sense.

I hope Edward just doesn't know what he's talking about, because I loved the Alpha lobby. It's much more similar to PSO's lobby =P

I also preferred it. It would be cool if they kept it. You know, do things that would make the English version its own game without breaking it or giving them any less than the JP version

Chik'Tikka
Aug 25, 2012, 01:26 AM
10 interweb points they bring that lobby back for events+^_^+ kinda like that 3rd floor room in PSU before GAS came out+^_^+ also, the lighting in that lobby actually looks decent+^_^+

Arika
Aug 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
lol, just an random old picture. If they used this on patch, then it mean english one start with alpha lol.

Angelo
Aug 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
I kind of miss the alpha lobby.

I wish we had alternate lobbies like PSO GC.

HFlowen
Aug 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
That lobby screams PSO1 to me.... they should bring that back for certain blocks or something.

Resanoca
Aug 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I actually want the Alpha lobbies back. D:

[spoiler-box]Premium only.[/spoiler-box]

moorebounce
Aug 25, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I actually want the Alpha lobbies back. D:

Co-signed.

I like that alpha one better than the current one and didn't get on until the CBT.

Metaru
Aug 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Alpha lobby brings that nostalgic Pso1 fill.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Alpha lobby brings that nostalgic Pso1 fill.

All it lacks is the quest counter/party counter in the center and your done.

Shirai
Aug 26, 2012, 07:06 AM
If only they could have kept that look and expanded on it...

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 07:10 AM
I actually REALLY like that idea...

different/special blocks having different lobby designs.

Sounds like a really cool way to appeal to PSO fans AND PSU fans who miss having multiple leisure-like lobbies...

Because lets face it, nobody's hanging out in those tiny cafes... Everyone just afk's right in front of the mission area.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 26, 2012, 07:11 AM
That's just a preview to show you how outdated the EN servers will be compared to the JP servers. Get prepared, lol.

Macman
Aug 26, 2012, 11:41 AM
Haha, if they seriously use that ancient alpha client as a preview for PAX, that's a guaranteed sign to how bad the content gap is going to be after release.

Ash1ey
Aug 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
lol hes just using that picture as an example of what PAX looks like right now, an empty convention center.

MissMalice
Aug 26, 2012, 01:41 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2453620559/image.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

But not seriously. c:

BIG OLAF
Aug 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
Never played on the Alpha lobbies, but I saw videos, and I think they're too small. I like the huge, expansive staircase setup with the city vista overlook they have now (for the 2nd floor). Wouldn't want to go back to the drab little gray Cul-de-Sac.

pikachief
Aug 26, 2012, 02:37 PM
Never played on the Alpha lobbies, but I saw videos, and I think they're too small. I like the huge, expansive staircase setup with the city vista overlook they have now (for the 2nd floor). Wouldn't want to go back to the drab little gray Cul-de-Sac.

there were other, larger areas than that. That's about the same amount of space most people use in the game anyways. I also liked the shopping area lobby a lot more, personally. Even if it was pretty similar to what we have now.

Mikura
Aug 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
It's hard to tell by just that one pic, and I didn't start playing until CBT, but from what I'm seeing, I like the design of the alpha lobby. I agree, it has more of that old-school PSO feel to it than the ones we have now.

I think if nothing else, they should add that lobby as an option in a few of the blocks just so we could have some variety.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, that lobby is way more to my tastes. The current one is so full of clutter, and areas seem arbitrarily thrown in and are then promptly never used by players because they're nowhere near anything important.

Maybe if they stuck a few more quest counters and campship terminals in other areas, sure, but as it is the lobby is a small area by the gate and quest counter plus like an acre of useless open space.

They could throw in 500 more shop areas per lobby and players would still hug the gate area because it's the only one.

HFlowen
Aug 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
Currently lobby is just too big. It's nice to have the option to go sit around in the weird blue and red clubhouses tacked into the corner of the shopping area, but everyone hangs out in front of the quest counter, and in front of the shops, that's it. Hell, most of the time when I have to do a cutscene with someone on the ship for a matterboard sphere I end up running around for ten minutes trying to find them, and that's with them giving me a little picture of their position ahead of time.