PDA

View Full Version : Using client orders to level Fighter/Gunner/Techer fast at start:

D-Inferno
Aug 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
For those who are all at Lv40 with your classes, a good idea would be to complete as many client orders with the highest exp yield as possible, but don't actually turn them in. When the new classes become available; you can turn in all of your client orders, and get a lot of exp for your new class.

Worth noting: For client orders that require you to turn items like enemy parts/ect in, get all the parts, but then cancel the client order to free up client order space. If you use multiple characters, don't hesitate to get double the amount of the items (if you bank stuff you currently have, the game will keep dropping them unless you have the max in your inventory I think). So you can do most, hell, ALL of Franca's client orders by banking the enemy parts, then withdrawing them. Of course, if you are planning to level two or three of these, I'd get double/triple the enemy parts. Note that if two/three of the class are on the same character, you will have to wait a week or so for the client order to become active so that you can turn in a batch of enemy parts.

Also note that at lower levels, accepting client orders meant for higher levels will lower the amount of exp you get (you still get a decent amount though). However, I do not know the exactly formula for client order exp reduction. Could someone help me with this? Try turning in the earlier enemy part client orders first, as those likely won't get hit as hard (or at all) by the exp reduction.

And also, if you are leveling two/three of the new classes on the same char, you will have to split up the exp from the non-enemy part client orders.

I also need help with compiling a list of the highest client orders (excludes enemy part ones) that you could all have completed (leave a slot for the client order unlock the new class!); if it gives like 10000+, and it's a one time only one, I would advise avoiding turning them in until the big update.

Dunno what the best level to start unloading client exp is; I'd probably get the subclass to 20 first before using the higher exp ones.

Oh, I added in a bonus poll. I'm going to start with the Fighter first, since it's probably the most different in playstyle. Then I'll use Techer, since Zan (Wind techniques, Megid, and the rest of the missing technqiues will be out by then. Gunner will probably go last.

EDIT: I just switched my Cast to a Lv1 force to see how much EXP things yield, and the reduction in EXP rewarded is quite big, for Lv1 at least. 22000 EXP went down to 700. That's a 97% reduction.

It may very well be best to wait until Lv20 on the new class before accepting any high-exp client rewards.

Blundy
Aug 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
doing that to level hunter at he moment, leveling 20-30 again is just PAINFUL, i mean it was bad the first time but jeez.

thanks for the tips.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 08:30 PM
Cressida's "Can You Do Me a Favor? III" quest gives over 30,000 EXP, is repeatable and all you have to do is get 30 drops from Dragonkin from the FC. You can even also do her "Lava Rock Gathering" quest which will also drop from all of the Dragonkin on the FC, but I forget how much it's worth. In the process of this, you can also do the "Are You a Top (Class)?" quests for each class you have high enough to fight in FC which IIRC are worth 6,000 a piece.

Coatl
Aug 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
My friend has like 430,000 EXP worth of COs to turn in when the sub classes are released lol.
I might as well start doing this too.

NoiseHERO
Aug 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
That green haired kid with the glasses...

I THINK you can do all his quests at least once a day, and his later ones give a LOT of EXP. More than the once a week rappy quest for sure. I forget how much. If you're running random fields by the level cap, you may as well grab all of them .

They basically ask you to see certain whether effects so it could take a couple minutes or a couple HOURS to finish. But they're easy and give exp, so yeah.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
That green haired kid with the glasses...

I THINK you can do all his quests at least once a day, and his later ones give a LOT of EXP. More than the once a week rappy quest for sure. I forget how much. If you're running random fields by the level cap, you may as well grab all of them .

They basically ask you to see certain whether effects so it could take a couple minutes or a couple HOURS to finish. But they're easy and give exp, so yeah.

I think Emeline's quests are every 3 days or something like that.

Coatl
Aug 24, 2012, 09:14 PM
Well we'll have a month before the level cap raises as well.
That's plenty of time to get one or two sub classes to lv40.

IzzyData
Aug 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58437091/pso20120816_180342_019.png[/spoiler-box]

Crimson Exile
Aug 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58437091/pso20120816_180342_019.png[/spoiler-box]
You may want to put a spoiler box on that. But that's basically what I am doing with the high end exp CO.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 09:34 PM
You may want to put a spoiler box on that. But that's basically what I am doing with the high end exp CO.

But that's only worth 17,500 and you can't start the quest every single day.
Meanwhile you CAN do Cressida's quests every day and she has several worth more than 10,000 and one worth more than 30,000.

Rika-chan
Aug 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the lowest levels in the team...
Too lazy to do any COs x.x And I only have 100K meseta or so, gonna be a while until I can afford any of the new outfits/accessories ;A;

Crimson Exile
Aug 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
But that's only worth 17,500 and you can't start the quest every single day.
Meanwhile you CAN do Cressida's quests every day and she has several worth more than 10,000 and one worth more than 30,000.
Lol huh? Don't know if you actually looked at the picture but he has all those orders complete. He can get around like 15 lvls off those starting at lvl 1. (if the exp required is the same as current classes)

JeyKama
Aug 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
Well, ideally you pick up 999 of each turn in quest item, then the day before you fill your log with high-value 1-shot/kill count/Emeline CO :p That sounds like a much bigger pain in the ass than I'm willing to farm for, so I'll just stick with Cressida's rocks, Fang parts, and islands parts COs.

There's also that random 1-shot Aki CO for the odd 21k...

I'd rather just play the damn job, you know?

moorebounce
Aug 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
I'd have to wait and see how the new weapons work.

Carillon
Aug 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
what do you have to do to unlock the 30k one?

i'll prolly level gunner first. techer prolly won't be very differnt at all from force, and my hunter isn't 30 yet.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
Lol huh? Don't know if you actually looked at the picture but he has all those orders complete. He can get around like 15 lvls off those starting at lvl 1. (if the exp required is the same as current classes)

Oops, you're right. I only saw Emeline's icon and thought he was trying to say "See? You can do this one more than once!" My mistake.

what do you have to do to unlock the 30k one?

i'll prolly level gunner first. techer prolly won't be very differnt at all from force, and my hunter isn't 30 yet.

I'm pretty sure the only prerequisites are to have completed the first two "Can You Do Me a Favor?" quests (which require drops from I believe Natives and Mechs) and unlock Floating Continent.

D-Inferno
Aug 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Everyone please see the edit I made in the opening post.

JeyKama
Aug 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
You have to have done one of the いざ一級ハンター/レンジャー/フォース COs... clearing the first mission in islands with a specific class/weapon.

Crimson Exile
Aug 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
I think most know about the reduction. Even with the reduction I don't plan on saving these things for lvl 20. You could turn all the high paying CO in then do daily CO for a certain map to get more exp. The time it take for you to get to lvl 20 would be longer if you waited.

Takatsuki
Aug 24, 2012, 11:16 PM

Oh wow, that's actually a huge cut.
Then, would it not be better to actually load up on low EXP COs? Like Hans' Forest Normal and Caves Normal quests, as well as Lavelle's early Darker extermination quests? They may only reward a couple hundred EXP each, but they would probably not be reduced at all and turning them in may result in more EXP than if you turned in a formerly 6,000 EXP CO.

Zorafim
Aug 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
Considering I capped out my classes long before I unlocked all my client missions, I think I'm going to give this method a miss. I've got a few I can turn in with them, but it's not worth the energy it'll take.

However, now that I have a bunch of missions unlocked, I can do a bunch of COs while leveling my classes how I'd level them anyway. So I think this is going to be fast anyway.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:26 AM
Woooo, 3 more classes to get to 40 XD. But isnce im more of a close combat guy ill do that one first.

Mystil
Aug 25, 2012, 02:14 AM
Oh wow, that's actually a huge cut.
Then, would it not be better to actually load up on low EXP COs? Like Hans' Forest Normal and Caves Normal quests, as well as Lavelle's early Darker extermination quests? They may only reward a couple hundred EXP each, but they would probably not be reduced at all and turning them in may result in more EXP than if you turned in a formerly 6,000 EXP CO.

The lower ones are better for 1-10. After that you can start using the higher EXP ones(there's still a cut but it decreases by level).

Aeris
Aug 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
EDIT: I just switched my Cast to a Lv1 force to see how much EXP things yield, and the reduction in EXP rewarded is quite big, for Lv1 at least. 22000 EXP went down to 700. That's a 97% reduction.

Pretty much of whats that called exp scaling since they don't want you to level a low level class so fast and such, only for COs though, not from mobs, PSU used a system like that on the mobs.

Edit: Going to level Gunner first

Zalera
Aug 25, 2012, 04:11 AM
Pretty much of whats that called exp scaling since they don't want you to level a low level class so fast and such, only for COs though, not from mobs, PSU used a system like that on the mobs.

It appears that XP caps somewhere around 100% of what you would need to gain a level. So sure, you're not getting "full value", but you're still getting a level, which gets you closer to farming city and whatnot.

Kinaya
Aug 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
I wanna lv Techer first :D