PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the english players on Ship 10?

GH0
Aug 24, 2012, 11:03 PM
There are none in block 20 right now? Did something happen? :(

Chacron
Aug 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
There are none in block 20 right now? Did something happen? :(

Wish I could tell you. Guessing a majority of them are just waiting for new content or simply busy. I can say for myself its sort of both.

Dan Maku
Aug 24, 2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe they...

[/sunglasses]

...jumped ship.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Rika-chan
Aug 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
They'll be back after the update

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:34 AM
Theres a few things.

1) some of the younger players went back to school/started college.

2) got bored and are taking a break.

3) Did everything they could and are waiting for content additions.

4) The few regs there (including myself) usually play with friends. tbh, its kinda hard to find new ones too since most people set their rooms to friends or team only. Thats always been a pain in the neck.

Mystil
Aug 25, 2012, 02:04 AM
They'll be back after the update

And leave again a few weeks later. A trend PSU had >_>.

Arika
Aug 25, 2012, 02:19 AM
Which is why it is best to choose the most populated server at start. Yes, someone will also take their break, but at least, it will still remain enough people to play with.

It was mentioned long ago on the argument thread between ship-02 choice and ship-10 choice, and a lot of players has been predicting that ship-10 wouldn't have enough population to make it good for a long term play.

Coatl
Aug 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
I am shocked any ships besides 1-5 aren't barren yet.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
I am shocked any ships besides 1-5 aren't barren yet.

Nah, Japanese people actually play this game.

Anyway if you're not on Ship 2...

You better hate people, or know Japanese, or both. D:

Halvaard
Aug 25, 2012, 03:08 AM
I started on 10 when ship 2 was closed. /sigh
I just rolled a HUcast on 10, before I noticed that s10-b20 was getting really empty...

Maybe I could roll a pure FO on 2.... hmm....

EXPFULL
Aug 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
I started on 10 when ship 2 was closed.

SO many people did this - you're not alone. BUT , It's easy to jump ship now, even if you're a lv 40 with good gear - In the long run, it STILL makes sense to jump to ship 2, in my opinion.

Why? Because when the US/EU game finally hits, there will be even more fallout. Ship 2 is not immune to this, but it has the highest number of hardcore players that will stick with it no matter what, so it's community has the highest chance of survival.

Iduno
Aug 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sorry, they were just too tasty.

The Walrus
Aug 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
Personally I just haven't played as much since the whole Gameguard 64 but issue started happening. Cause ya know, it's fuckin retarded that it's happening in the first place.

DoubleCannon
Aug 25, 2012, 08:46 AM
im on ship 10 and i took a break playing d3 now since patch 1.04 and pso2 i got level 40 like a month ago and then i grinded the hell out of mines and floating island, got a kick ass spardion and kick ass units, i run around with 1.3k defence lol and i demolish everything while they do 1 dmg to me. I have capped myself except my mag which is like level 110. So I am waiting for new classes + level cap to 50 + V.hard mode update. I can not wait for this!!! DOUBLE SABERS!!

Coatl
Aug 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah, for the most part the community has taken a step back and are waiting for new updates rather than farm the same floaty islands day in and day out.

Slidikins
Aug 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
4) The few regs there (including myself) usually play with friends. tbh, its kinda hard to find new ones too since most people set their rooms to friends or team only. Thats always been a pain in the neck.
I never understood this. Actually, I do understand it if it's PSO v1/2 and people are going around PK'ing and NOL'ing people, but this is another game. Do you not like to meet new people?

I don't see any real detriment to having a random person join the room. Even if you're doing something very particular, you can add that to the comments or explain it to them when they come in.

But maybe I'm missing something..,.

Sephirah
Aug 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
As multiple people have already said, come over to Ship 02, the water's fine. :)

Coatl
Aug 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Some players are just anti-social shut-ins.
It can't be helped.

Amaranthus
Aug 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
As multiple people have already said, come over to Ship 02, the water's fine. :)

Lol, you say that like we can nonchalantly transfer our characters to ship 2 right now.

Coatl
Aug 25, 2012, 09:36 AM
Didn't sakai mention of ship transfers being plausible in the near future?

Sephirah
Aug 25, 2012, 09:36 AM
Lol, you say that like we can nonchalantly transfer our characters to ship 2 right now.

It's called re-rolling. Sure you will lose your current progress. But you have to think about the future of your character. Do you want to continue playing your character on a dying/dead shard? Or do you want to start a new character on a healthy, vibrant shard? Took me about 3 weeks to get from lvl 1 to 40 (and yes I have a job, work 40 hours a week and hang out with friends :P). So it's not the end of the world.

And before anyone says anything about the amount of time it takes, obviously it is different for each person, some people it may take 1 week, some people it may take 3 months. But ask yourself, would you rather spend that time building up a new character with plenty of active players, or continue grinding your old character who's all alone on a big ship.

Amaranthus
Aug 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hmm.. I appreciate your notion. But like I said, I can't just nonchalantly remake/reroll/transfer on any other ship cause I have friends here on our ever-so-dying ship see.

Arika
Aug 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hmm.. I appreciate your notion. But like I said, I can't just nonchalantly remake/reroll/transfer on any other ship cause I have friends here on our ever-so-dying ship see.

Probably you need some WM point or Amex credit card then. I m sure that Ship transfer that is coming around this September-October will require some AC cost. Either 500 or 1000, or 2000.

Tell your friends to come with you too, so that it is like not leaving them alone.

Dextro
Aug 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
If i'm ever going to re-roll for the mere sake of having more English-speaking players to be around, it'll be for the NA/EU release.

Also, it's not just about the race to level 40...
If the situation was reversed, would you give up all the rares you've farmed, units you've upgraded, meseta you've earned and friends you've made?

Maybe the people that are just 'vanilla level 40' and carrying nothing of any real worth would consider it.

Amaranthus
Aug 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
If the situation was reversed, would you give up all the rares you've farmed, units you've upgraded, meseta you've earned and friends you've made?

I like how you mentioned your rares first. That's so Dextro! :-P

Darki
Aug 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
If i'm ever going to re-roll for the mere sake of having more English-speaking players to be around, it'll be for the NA/EU release.

Also, it's not just about the race to level 40...

Well, the thing is that this game is a MMO. The OP is talking about not finding people to play, so you gotta put yourself in those shoes, of course if you have a good group of friends the situation is different. Unless you have japanese friends or you don't care to play solo forever, would you prefer to keep your rarz and enjoy them in solitude instead of just re-rolling your character in a more populated server, where you're probably going to get those rares easier (because with more people, better market, cheaper player shops)? Specially considering that we're talking about rarity 9* items in a 2-months-old server. I seriously doubt you'll be using the same shit in the long run when this game gets enough content.

Also, when the US/EU servers people are going to leave there, as you said it yourself. English community is going to shrink in all ships, so I would see more logical that non-JP players decided to band in a single ship.

Dextro
Aug 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
of course if you have a good group of friends the situation is different.

Well, that's that.
And it's the case for most of us who remain.

Also, when the US/EU servers people are going to leave there, as you said it yourself. English community is going to shrink in all ships, so I would see more logical that non-JP players decided to band in a single ship.

I find nothing wrong with your suggestion of all the English players banding together on a single ship - it makes sense - but it's simply not practical for established players to reroll on a whim.

I realise we won't be using the same rares forever, but for the forseable future, they're worth keeping.
And even more so if it means not having to deal with horrible drop rates, Dodo, and Sega's awesome RNG a second time.

It's easy to just throw out counter-arguments over message boards, but seriously; entertain the thought of rerolling to another ship yourself and you'll soon realise that regardless of the long-term benefits on paper, you'd be extremely reluctant.

I like how you mentioned your rares first. That's so Dextro!
lol friends first obviously, it wasn't in order of importance :D

cammy17
Aug 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
I still play regularly but mainly on block 11/12 for grinding. I would like to join / start a team of english players on ship10 who are still on regularly.

KEV1N
Aug 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
Every gaijin on Ship 10 should Join the same team. Problem solved... Sort of.

Galax
Aug 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
^Assuming we're all being a pain to people? Or is that just because we're on ship 10...

I have a small core of friends who aren't very active, but I doubt I'll leave them for my Ship 2 account, which I made just to see what it was like there. I recently unlocked Desert, and I play at a slow pace - I don't play to be efficient, just to get by and have fun. And I set my parties to friends only because 1) I'm paranoid. 2) I find I have a hard time with randoms in the majority of my open parties. It's been like that, for me at least, throughout ever online game I've played. So until I get myself sorted out, I prefer not to bother people with my presence. Runs with randoms for me are pure desperation.

And if it gets to that point, I may as well just ditch Migitgun and go on to Gunmetal. Not sure if I could do it. Not anti-social - which I take issue with the assumption there - Just being me and sticking with my friends.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Why don't you just make a new account on ship 2...

you're going to have multiple characters at some point or another anyway...

Then go about it from there.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
Thing is, I dont want to re roll again because of what dex said basically. I have 560 hours of game time invested into my little dude, I found, souled and grinded my Ardillo to 10 (and all my other equipment on every class for that matter), I have 18 very active friends on the ship, and sakai said THAT SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE ARROUND SHIPS FREELY.

Those are my reasons, and that last one should make it clear that it would be retarded to jump ship at all. You would just end up losing whatever you did when you could be advancing further while you wait for that to take effect.

To all of you on ship 2, stop telling people to join you just because there are alot more players there. If theres so damn many of you just play with yourselves till the update rolls arround.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
But we're not the ones saying "OMG THERE'S NO PEOPLE HERE"

We're just giving suggestions...

You guys are the ones saying "WE DON'T WANNA MOVE"

If you're fine with how things are in ship 10... Then technically your opinion is irrelevant to this thread. o_o

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
That question was answered on page 1. And if you read the entire thing, it seems like the topic has changed.

Just leaving my thoughts on the new topic that sees to have formed.

Sephirah
Aug 25, 2012, 01:14 PM
But we're not the ones saying "OMG THERE'S NO PEOPLE HERE"

We're just giving suggestions...

You guys are the ones saying "WE DON'T WANNA MOVE"

If you're fine with how things are in ship 10... Then technically your opinion is irrelevant to this thread. o_o

Exactly. If you are unhappy with how things are on ship 10, the only option is to leave ship 10, I'm not sure what other outcome you were expecting.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:22 PM
Exactly. If you are unhappy with how things are on ship 10, the only option is to leave ship 10, I'm not sure what other outcome you were expecting.

I guess thats one way to look at it. I guess i will agree to that, no point in telling people to stay if they want to go. Still staying tho.