PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Does anyone else have problems with character models loading?

runhomejack
Aug 24, 2012, 11:51 PM
My brother and I both have very similar computers. We both have i7 870's and 8 gigs of ram. He uses a GTX 470 and I use a GTX 670.

We both play at max settings at 1080, yet he doesn't have any choppy/laggy graphics when character models load, and he has the 470, which is supposed to be a weaker card.

My 670 works great on any other game, including DX11 games, so I don't think the card is defective. I don't overclock any settings either, though I am considering it.

I am wondering what anyone here might be using, and if they have the laggy character models loading in the lobby or elsewhere? What are your experiences so far?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 25, 2012, 01:54 AM
like the game does a quick 3 frame hiccup when a character loads?? i thought that was normal, and i just assumed it had something to do with system RAM to GPU speed (perhaps Hz rate of sys RAM itself?)+^_^+ anyway, it isn't game breaking and only happens when i load characters so i ignored it till i saw your post+^_^+

Gama
Aug 25, 2012, 02:04 AM
i have the same issue.

laptop tho.

been trying to understand why it happens.

i end up using like 30 hi load models because it makes the game lag less then suddenly loading people.

Dan Maku
Aug 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
How do I mke it load more character models? I can only load five at a time (myself included).

Gama
Aug 25, 2012, 02:22 AM
Get this

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

defrag your hardrive with this program.

fixed it for me.

if you have multiple partitions "usualy C: os and D: data " defrag both.

if you already have a defrag utility, consider trying defragler. it did the trick for me and its free.

runhomejack
Aug 25, 2012, 03:16 AM
Gamma- thank you for that suggestion, I will definitely try that. This is a fairly new hard drive but its worth a shot anyway.

To be honest I thought it was probably a normal thing too, I figured maybe it had something to do with latency or something else I don't understand lol. Then when I saw my brother didn't have that issue, I got really disappointed :-?

Aeris
Aug 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
Gamma- thank you for that suggestion, I will definitely try that. This is a fairly new hard drive but its worth a shot anyway.

To be honest I thought it was probably a normal thing too, I figured maybe it had something to do with latency or something else I don't understand lol. Then when I saw my brother didn't have that issue, I got really disappointed :-?

Not a network issue, more of a hardware/client issue to me, its either the cpu or hard drive since i get it as well since the game has to pause for a moment to load a model of a character.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 25, 2012, 04:12 AM
I got that Problem too sometimes when there are too many Characters on the Screen.
But I think my CPU is just too slow.

Gama
Aug 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
well game still working good after the defrag.

someone already had suggested this on another topic.

if the char files are all scattered throughout the drive, the game will end up waiting for it to load and produces a "hickup" add more chars being loaded, bigger hickup.

also noticed it took less time to load an area.