PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the soul eater and rares.

HuslerOne
Aug 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
I have been farming the El Ahdas for soul eater in rare ore mining(hard mode) for about 2 days straight. So far its been very frusterating because i'm a free user and I have no means of getting quick meseta(lv 33) and cant afford a better partisan atm, so my only option is to farm and grind like the old pso days. So my question, when getting rares, do they only drop when they are displayed on the available items in the quest screen or can you still get them to drop regardless? Also is there a better way to make these guys spawn because it appears that they rarely come out when I join a multiparty, and come out very little when I solo?

Crimson Exile
Aug 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
The new partisan (the 9* one) drops often. Your best bet is to farm that when you get to lvl 35. But if you really want a soul eater, El Ahda spawn on the collect desert mission often.

HuslerOne
Aug 25, 2012, 01:07 AM
What 9* partisan? Also I know what quest they spawn the most, the trouble is getting them to spawn, and the the difference of them spawning whether im in a multiparty of 12 or soloing is miniscule. I appreciate the help though, also bringing up the question again, can you get rares regardless of whats shown on the available items screen, I can I only get the rares shown?

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds like you and me are alot alike :P When the game first came out i had similar questions. Here are some answers.

1) the displaued weapon is just a way to show you what can appear, it does not affect what can drop.

2) Stick with the big group, the bigger the group the better the spawns (yes you must be close together).

3) Get to lv 35 and then farm Catadransas for the new 9* partisan, its the best in the game so far and more common than a soul eater.

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
yes you can get rares regardless of what's shown.
the two that are shown are just the most recent drops (I think)
For a full list you can check the Quest Record for that quest and see what items you can get from that quest and how many times it has dropped.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:28 AM
Blue... that is a very nice signature you have there. Really classic :).

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 25, 2012, 01:42 AM
Blue... that is a very nice signature you have there. Really classic :).

Thank you ^^
I made it almost 10 years ago in MS Paint, LOL.
But I'm, glad I kept it all these years, since a lot of people in these forums have said they like it, yay~~ :D

Anyway back on topic, I want one of those 9* partisans too!! It outclassed my +9 Spardion when they released Floating Islands, grrr

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:46 AM
I already got my spardion to +10 and its got its souls on it already. imo its not worth getting a new partisan untill I see a good increase in power X3.

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
I've been playing since hour 1 of the POBT and I STILL haven't found a soul eater. I had to buy the one I've got. Rabble rabble RNG rabble.

pikachief
Aug 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
I've been playing since hour 1 of the POBT and I STILL haven't found a soul eater. I had to buy the one I've got. Rabble rabble RNG rabble.

good ol' RNG. My friend was lvl 30 when he found his trying to unlock the lvl cap increase.

But he's a force. lol

Courina
Aug 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
i thought soul eater only drops from el arda at city emergency event

and i dont think could hope for the spear from catredansa... he keep giving me 4 - 6 blob 10-20meseta each time..

back to grind till sharp...

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
No, all el ardas above a certain level. 35 I think?

IndigoNovember
Aug 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
JP wiki says 26 and above.

Crimson Exile
Aug 25, 2012, 02:00 PM
No, all el ardas above a certain level. 35 I think?
Lol hope you don't mean lvl 35. Soul eater was out before we broke the 30 lvl cap.

Honestly Soul eater isn't even good he would be better off buying/hunting something else. If you really want it though check the drop charts on missions and play the one with the most soul eaters found.

Dammy
Aug 25, 2012, 02:04 PM
how much they go for these days?
i remember i sold my for 600-650k or so, bu that was long ago

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
They're like 200-400k

I bought mine a while ago...

But it's so damn weak. (+10'd but no element or affixes)

It looked cool, but now I rarely use it.

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 03:12 PM
Lol hope you don't mean lvl 35. Soul eater was out before we broke the 30 lvl cap.

Honestly Soul eater isn't even good he would be better off buying/hunting something else. If you really want it though check the drop charts on missions and play the one with the most soul eaters found.

Go look at the enemy levels in hard mode desert free field. I was wrong though, it's 26+.