PDA

View Full Version : Gunslash Gear

Sephirah
Aug 25, 2012, 11:08 AM
Who else wants one?

Darki
Aug 25, 2012, 11:20 AM
Depends on the effect. If it's like Partisan Gear, I wouldn't cry without it. <_<

Shakuri
Aug 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
I want a Launcher Gear.

- Increases damage by 25% at max bar
- Increases explosion radius by 50%
- Doubles Aerial Fire rate

Lostbob117
Aug 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Won't happen Gunslashes are good enough.

moorebounce
Aug 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
I want a Launcher Gear.

lol thank you for my laugh of the day.

Coatl
Aug 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
I want a Launcher Gear.

Yeah..because it's not like launchers are incredibly over-powered already or anything. >.>
I'd love some gunslash gear to be honest.

jooozek
Aug 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Launchers still aren't as broken as rafoie though, not like you could lock on with a launcher on a weakspot and never miss :-? ^^; :-o ^^; :-?
And if wands attack is a ranged attack that recharges PP instead of using it up, oh boy

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:11 PM
I thought gears were only for melee weps...

Anywhoo, the new close combat class may get it, but i doubt that because anyone can use gunslashes. No point in making a 1 class gear on an all class wep.

NoiseHERO
Aug 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
apparently wand and twin mechgun will have gears(they're non-melee), or whatever it'll be... It's CALLED gears in the game's data.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
Sweeeet, gonna have fun with the new classes.

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
The gunslash focuses primarily on multiple hits, so add gear that increases the number of hits by up to two thirds (Functioning like the sword gear). All the multi-hit attacks I've bothered counting seem to be 6 hits - rage dance, serpent air, and thrillsplosion.

Great for dat status effect inflicting. The only real exception is the lifty one, then the charge shot. Those can get extra damage. The damage for multihit attacks should probably be reduced a bit so they don't get a whopping 67% damage bonus, but then again the gunslash IS pretty situational...so why not give it that awesome bonus?

Then give it weak bullet on rangers and don't have melee waste weak bullets - letting them hit something without using PP or losing weak bullets. Then give forces some kind of bonus like I don't know bare-hand casting time.

Bam. Gunslash has a whole new take for each class, if they choose to spec in it.

Sephirah
Aug 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
The gunslash focuses primarily on multiple hits, so add gear that increases the number of hits by up to two thirds (Functioning like the sword gear). All the multi-hit attacks I've bothered counting seem to be 6 hits - rage dance, serpent air, and thrillsplosion.

Great for dat status effect inflicting. The only real exception is the lifty one, then the charge shot. Those can get extra damage. The damage for multihit attacks should probably be reduced a bit so they don't get a whopping 67% damage bonus, but then again the gunslash IS pretty situational...so why not give it that awesome bonus?

Then give it weak bullet on rangers and don't have melee waste weak bullets - letting them hit something without using PP or losing weak bullets. Then give forces some kind of bonus like I don't know bare-hand casting time.

Bam. Gunslash has a whole new take for each class, if they choose to spec in it.

I love the PAs for gunslash (Thrillsplosion and Serpent Air in particular) for the exact reasons you stated. And I feel that the gunslash is a very powerful weapon; but once you start using Sword Gear it really just can't compete with the damage you gain from it. If there was a gear I think you'd see a lot more people using Gunslashes as their main weapon.

Carillon
Aug 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
depends what it does.
something like the wired lance gear would be completely useless. it'd really need to reward spamming your PAs. sword gear's prolly a good model to start working with for it.

Yeah..because it's not like launchers are incredibly over-powered already or anything. >.>
I'd love some gunslash gear to be honest.

they're not. the crazy 80% damage bonus from the ranger skill tree otoh...

SPOnion
Aug 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
Wait...wand gear? I wonder what that will do...