PDA

View Full Version : The Mag Never Evolved

Cypher_9
Aug 25, 2012, 12:04 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2176&pictureid=30863[/spoiler-box]

Ok so here is how this happened:

At level 100 I had my stats at

30///50/20///

So I was like, "Ok, now I just need 5 or so levels for it to evolve to something different" (PB with 6 arms)

(5 or so levels later)

It remained the same :D... D:

So I was thinking, "Might as well continue with Ability and see what happens..."

30///70/20///

Nothing :D... ; ;

But yes, the result you see is what I did today... seeing that both (s-atk/def) are considered to be a singular stat combined. So from what I was thinking, Ability really doesn't have anything to 'override' the strike stats... I feel if I push s-def any further then it would become the hulk like on my main but, I want something different.

It MAY be too late but I feel if I raise either R-def or T-def it would change... so...

CHOOSE MY MAGS DESTINY!!

I may just keep it like this... it suits the character in some way but... I just want a different PB ; ;

PSchiZ
Aug 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Your s.atk and s.def total =70, which is the same as your abiltiy stat. make either your Striking or Ability stat higher then the other.

RocSage
Aug 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
You can make it a Delphinius or a Cygnus

For it to be a Delphinius Striking must be at least 76 at 150
For it to be a Cygnus you need to raise Ranged by 1 and Make sure Ability and Ranged = 76 at 150

If neither of these conditions are met by lvl 150 your mag will remain a Lyra

So at lvl 145
for Delphinius, Striking must be at least 73
for Cygnus, Ranged must be 1 and Ability 72 or Ranged 3 and ability 70.

Oh yeah, if you want to keep Lyra, raise Abl to 73 and then Strike to 72, then abl to 75 and Strike to 75. Strike can never surpass ABL when you level to a multiple of 5 or your mag will evolve.

edit: you can also make it a Libra by following what I said for Cygnus but change Ranged for Tech

IzzyData
Aug 25, 2012, 05:38 PM
On a semi related note you can double level past increments of 5 to avoid evolving.

Takatsuki
Aug 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Whatever you do, don't make it a Delphinus.

Rika-chan
Aug 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
What about Delphinus?

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 06:00 PM
You can make it a Delphinius or a Cygnus

For it to be a Delphinius Striking must be at least 76 at 150
For it to be a Cygnus you need to raise Ranged by 1 and Make sure Ability and Ranged = 76 at 150

If neither of these conditions are met by lvl 150 your mag will remain a Lyra

So at lvl 145
for Delphinius, Striking must be at least 73
for Cygnus, Ranged must be 1 and Ability 72 or Ranged 3 and ability 70.

Oh yeah, if you want to keep Lyra, raise Abl to 73 and then Strike to 72, then abl to 75 and Strike to 75. Strike can never surpass ABL when you level to a multiple of 5 or your mag will evolve.

edit: you can also make it a Libra by following what I said for Cygnus but change Ranged for Tech

Yep, this is all bang on. I advise going for a Cygnus or Libra. The process for a Cygnus or Libra, broken down, is very simple but very specific:

At level 145 you want more Strike than Ability - 73 Strike & 72 Ability is perfect. This should turn it into a Lyra
At level 150 you want Strike to be LESS than either Ability + Ranged or Ability + Tech. So, 1 Ranged or Tech, 75 Ability, 74 Strike is great.

Just explaining it another way that I usually go about it. You could also go for Leo, but its PB is the same. I use a Leo on my hunter, but I'm branching out into a very unique Tucana soon.

Cypher_9
Aug 25, 2012, 06:43 PM

Interesting... thank you for this input! I'll make it into something definitely not Delphinius because I already have one on my first character. Now to see or if someone would be so kind to post the images of the other ones (meh I am not that lazy to not look up)

I'll take this advice to heart as well...! ... now to determine which stat route to choose... D: As for the Leo as you explained... is that the one that has the unicorn does a Shock AOE?

@The Rest

Thank you for your input on this~

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
No, Leo is one of Antlia's third form evolutions, the Striking variant. It has the same six-armed teleporting swiping PB.

The unicorn lightning bolt PB is Cygnus. Libra is the swipe+leap unicorn. Delphinus is the regular charging unicorn (Not advisable due to its lifting trigger action being extremely annoying).

This thread should help you a bit, there's a table near the bottom of the first post with lots of handy info: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250
Here's a video of the PB's, the second and third are the two unicorns I'd suggest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs&hd=1

For the lightning unicorn you'd want Cygnus, which means raising Ranged by 1 level and not Tech. Hope this helps!

Eman2417
Aug 25, 2012, 07:56 PM
Doesn't your mag lock it's evolution at lvl 95?

gigawuts
Aug 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
I forgot that, and normally yes, but things get finicky when there's ties for stats. I don't actually know what will happen.

superbadpig
Aug 25, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hello,

I have a problem making this Cygnus mag also. I've read the mag guide and I wanted a Cygnus, in the guide they say that I actually need Striking highest stat, ability + range > striking, and range > tech. So what I did is this :

S-Atk : 33
Dex : 46
S-Def : 14
R-Def : 2

So Striking (33+14) > Dex (46) / Dex + Range (46 + 2) > Striking (33+14) / Range (2) > Tech(0)

So when I reached level 95, my mag was supposed to be locked isn't it?

But somehow when my mag reached level 100 it turned into a Delphinus instead of a Cygnus.
I don't really get it. What did I do wrong? And can I still make it a Cygnus ?

Thanks

Cypher_9
Aug 25, 2012, 08:26 PM

Oh YES! Thank you very much... I shall look into this now... Also for those who have the same or ends up in the predicament I was in... feel free to post here.

Hello,

I have a problem making this Cygnus mag also. I've read the mag guide and I wanted a Cygnus, in the guide they say that I actually need Striking highest stat, ability + range > striking, and range > tech. So what I did is this :

S-Atk : 33
Dex : 46
S-Def : 14
R-Def : 2

So Striking (33+14) > Dex (46) / Dex + Range (46 + 2) > Striking (33+14) / Range (2) > Tech(0)

So when I reached level 95, my mag was supposed to be locked isn't it?

But somehow when my mag reached level 100 it turned into a Delphinus instead of a Cygnus.
I don't really get it. What did I do wrong? And can I still make it a Cygnus ?

Thanks

I spoke too soon.. :p anyway I hope someone can tend to your need~

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
O,....,O

*attempts to drag Cypher into a pit*

Z-0
Aug 25, 2012, 08:54 PM

Let me guess. You levelled just your striking stats after that, which caused the sum of the striking stats to be more than the sum of ability and ranged stats.

This is wrong.

When you "lock" your mag at 95, it does not mean that the 100+ evolution will take the evolution that you would've got at 95 assuming you'd have gotten 2nd evolution then. All locking means is that your mag is now locked into the Striking Branch, so can only be Delphinus, Cygnus or Libra.

Mags evolve past 100 every 5 levels in the exact same format pre-100; it will look at the stats and take the evolution which matches those stats inside that branch.

To get your Cygnus, you will need to level ability more so that your ability stat +2 is higher than the sum of your Striking stats.

superbadpig
Aug 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
Let me guess. You levelled just your striking stats after that, which caused the sum of the striking stats to be more than the sum of ability and ranged stats.

This is wrong.

When you "lock" your mag at 95, it does not mean that the 100+ evolution will take the evolution that you would've got at 95 assuming you'd have gotten 2nd evolution then. All locking means is that your mag is now locked into the Striking Branch, so can only be Delphinus, Cygnus or Libra.

Mags evolve past 100 every 5 levels in the exact same format pre-100; it will look at the stats and take the evolution which matches those stats inside that branch.

To get your Cygnus, you will need to level ability more so that your ability stat +2 is higher than the sum of your Striking stats.

Aw I do understand it now, didn't know that it could evolve after 100, my bad :D.
So if I go for this : Striking 74 Ability 74 and Range 2, it should give me a Cygnus then?

I could have kept the Delphinus, he looks funny but then the Knock up action is so annoying .

Thank you for your fast reply. :)

RocSage
Aug 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
The best way to explain MAG evolution is by saying what it can evolve into...

MAG can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Lepus, and Antila

Lyra can evolve into Fornax, Lepus, Antila, Delphinius, Cygnas, or Libra

Fornax can evolve into Lyra, Lepus, Antila, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum

Lepus can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Antila, Monoceros, Carina, Orion

Antila can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Lepus, Crux, Leo, Corvus, Apus

Delphinius, Cygnus, and Libra can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Cepheus, Tucana, and Caelum can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Monoceros, Carina, and Orion can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Crux, Leo, Corvus, and Apus can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Further, even though a brief look seems to say that all MAGs in a given family are for the same prime stat, that isn't the case. The first stat is your secondary unless you are going for a pure mag (Delphinius, Monoceros, Cepheus, or Crux). It is built around if you want to play a Hunter with sub being Force, you should raise a Lepus first then go for a Carina. ie Carina is a Hunter MAG, not a Force MAG even though Lepus is a Force MAG

As far as the Cygnus question. To evolve it you must have a MAG in the Lyra family, you must have at least 1 Range level and range+Dex(or ABL) must be higher than Strike. So Assuming you want a Cygnus with the most amount of Strike, your stats must be 74 Strike, The rest of your stats can be anything provided Range is greater than Tech which means you max Tech you can have on a cygnus with this set up is 0, The minimum Strike you can have on a Cygnus is 45 and with this set up you can raise tech to 30, but must have range at least 31 then.

RocSage
Aug 26, 2012, 06:46 AM
Here's a layout of the MAG evolutions above...roughly made...

http://crushing-utopia.com/PSO2/MAGevolve.jpg

Haseokun
Aug 26, 2012, 07:00 AM
I figured this looks like the right place to come for Mag advice. My Mag is currentlly lv147. It has 72 Striking and 75 DEX. I've been doing my best to get it to 75/75 but I believe the 6 armed Photon Blast is far too weak to be very useful, at least from my personal experience. It only ever uses Julius Proi. Is there any way to get it to use anything else? I read before that each Mag type has 3 different attacks that it can do, but I have no idea how to trigger or make it learn either of the other 2 abilities.

Mystil
Aug 26, 2012, 07:02 AM
What about Delphinus?

It knocks up making you or anyone else attacking the mob, miss.

superbadpig
Aug 26, 2012, 08:23 AM
The best way to explain MAG evolution is by saying what it can evolve into...

MAG can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Lepus, and Antila

Lyra can evolve into Fornax, Lepus, Antila, Delphinius, Cygnas, or Libra

Fornax can evolve into Lyra, Lepus, Antila, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum

Lepus can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Antila, Monoceros, Carina, Orion

Antila can evolve into Lyra, Fornax, Lepus, Crux, Leo, Corvus, Apus

Delphinius, Cygnus, and Libra can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Cepheus, Tucana, and Caelum can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Monoceros, Carina, and Orion can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Crux, Leo, Corvus, and Apus can evolve into each other but nothing else (currently)

Further, even though a brief look seems to say that all MAGs in a given family are for the same prime stat, that isn't the case. The first stat is your secondary unless you are going for a pure mag (Delphinius, Monoceros, Cepheus, or Crux). It is built around if you want to play a Hunter with sub being Force, you should raise a Lepus first then go for a Carina. ie Carina is a Hunter MAG, not a Force MAG even though Lepus is a Force MAG

As far as the Cygnus question. To evolve it you must have a MAG in the Lyra family, you must have at least 1 Range level and range+Dex(or ABL) must be higher than Strike. So Assuming you want a Cygnus with the most amount of Strike, your stats must be 74 Strike, The rest of your stats can be anything provided Range is greater than Tech which means you max Tech you can have on a cygnus with this set up is 0, The minimum Strike you can have on a Cygnus is 45 and with this set up you can raise tech to 30, but must have range at least 31 then.

Ok I got it now. I am gonna try for the most strike possible, I think I am going to do 74 striking / 74 Dex / 2 Range. I thought I messed up my mag but it seems not just yet :D. Thank you.

Ezodagrom
Aug 26, 2012, 08:38 AM
Now to see or if someone would be so kind to post the images of the other ones (meh I am not that lazy to not look up)
Cygnus:
[spoiler-box]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7687/pso2001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Libra:
[spoiler-box]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3484/pso20120805225851000.jpg[/spoiler-box]