PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board A-2: Gilnas Core

Clunker
Aug 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Finally getting around to the 2nd MB (yeah, I know), but having a hard time getting this one.

I've gotten more Gilnas to show in Mines; does anyone know if MB A-2 will 'drop' in Mines,
or *just * in Desert?

I was about to start hunting this MB again, but wanted to know if I had to do soon Desert,
or what...

CyberNei
Aug 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
Any gilnas' of level same or higher of marked in MB

blace
Aug 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
As long as it doesn't name a specific mission you need to get the matter board item from, just hunt until you get it. I was in a similar situation, but I needed a drop from the Signo Gun, which had taken two days to get.

Crimson Exile
Aug 25, 2012, 03:46 PM
Good luck with finding it. Drops from enemies like that are very annoying.

CJ Johnny
Aug 25, 2012, 04:48 PM
Finally getting around to the 2nd MB (yeah, I know), but having a hard time getting this one.

I've gotten more Gilnas to show in Mines; does anyone know if MB A-2 will 'drop' in Mines,
or *just * in Desert?

I was about to start hunting this MB again, but wanted to know if I had to do soon Desert,
or what...

The \\ Easiest // to obtain for 2nd Matter Board 'A2'.
Play the >> Emergency Quest. (The City).

Due to the reason that the "El Arda" it swamp all Planet's.
By the way, it needs to be LV-21 and or above.
If you can't wait, Desert Mission will be your best bet.
And pick the mission that has 1 level. That way when it loads, it loads whatever there are on 1 map.

When I had mind done, I only hunt for that 1 'Monster'.
Once I obtain the item.
I abandon the mission and move on to the next.

Clunker
Aug 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
Geh, I meant "A-1" on MB 2; gotta get a rifle from a Gilnas.

It DOES say "Desert" at bumped, but not a specific mission.

Crimson Exile
Aug 25, 2012, 08:35 PM

Best desert map would be the drill map. Or roam mines till you get it.

moorebounce
Aug 25, 2012, 09:09 PM

or *just * in Desert?

or what...

I had this happen to me too. Drops will not always drop on higher level enemies. It works most of the time but some drops you have to go to the level it was meant to drop. I needed a drop from a Rockbear but by time I got around to doing it I had already unlocked hard mode. I killed about 10 or 11 Rockbears and it wouldn't drop. I told a teammate what was going on and they said go back to the regular level. I did and it dropped on my first attempt.

CJ Johnny
Aug 25, 2012, 11:35 PM

Both 'Desert' and 'Mine' are possible.
>> Suggest, do the 2nd last mission of Desert.
When you found the "Gilnas" kill it.
Then >> Telepipe Trick. It worked for me and few others as well.
When you pipe back down, you will need to go to near by area, then go back for it to Re-swamp.
Say your map show C-3. Goto C-2 or D-3.
Sometime it may not Re-swamp at the excat same spot.

Total of 6 missions have it, at this time.
It is a 2 Starts Rifle. With a level 21 monster.

Saffran
Aug 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
CJ Johnny -> depends on how you unlock stuff. Mine is after Thundra (lv33 ish), but you can enter hard mode desert for lv21+ Gilnas Core as "soon" as lv25.
Btw, as far as I could see, you can't find any lv21 gilnas in normal desert. Highest is lv20.

LokinModar
Aug 26, 2012, 11:35 AM
i only got it at desert. the same happened to me with the El Ahda node. I only could get the item form the ones that show up in the city quests...