PDA

View Full Version : Those snow banshee and banther

Finalzone
Aug 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
First time I faced them in duel mode. Currently Hunter lvl 33. Those bastards are sick making working hard on my evade. They love moving a lot making life as hunter harder so I had to use gunslash to keep them at bay. I ran out of mates for the first time in the game in boss battle I had to play surviving mode. Eventually, I died and realized my armor is weak. I guess I will need help to defeat those speedy bastards.

DoubleCannon
Aug 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
1.3k defence here, i take 1 dmg from those guys lol. helps me alot :)

Saffran
Aug 25, 2012, 05:50 PM
If it's any consolation, I am level 40 and I can't get them down either, even with Ooza.
In a rare display of frustration, I used up all the SP I was saving for the class update into JA bonus and S-Def - enabling me to equip some rare armor. I'm gonna try again right now.

My advice if you're going to go in there regardless would be to telepipe to the camp ship and use a Deband Drink EX or possibly a Guts Drink EX.
Also, if you wish to, try to synthe a blow resist unit (blow resist II or better if you can). That should cut down the damage some more.

Vashyron
Aug 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
As a Hunter, using Just Guard helps a ton, even with crappy equipment. (http://www.youtu.be/7_7sRpiI0AU)

Rika-chan
Aug 25, 2012, 06:06 PM
What Vash said

Saffran
Aug 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'm going to play without any armor at all, because I have just guard.
(seriously, people...)
(Incidentally, I passed it)

Leyline
Aug 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
Please stop these posts, in all honestly you are removing a lot of the fun factor from the game by expecting to beat bosses in 1-2 tries easily or buffing up your defense so high that they do 1 damage. (Last one probably won't work for too long considering we only have "hard mode")

Cool thing about this game is there are multiple ways and styles to beat bosses without getting hit on the hunter class. I'm not going to touch ranger / force because they are even easier. No I am not trying to "brag" I just think you guys haven't messed around with the different systems in game.

If you are on Ship 7 I'll show you, if not I have little intention of posting videos for people to copy my play style. I have received many requests for a dragon run tutorial after showing players in game because I do a lot of fancies during that, considering it, but it will be a private one. (the same mechanics make it very easy to clear tigers too, in fact the tigers have a lot less move variety than the dragon.)

My advice try out the blocking and dodging, the blocking system has a rewarding system in which the closer you are to exact block timing the closer to your max damage you will do.

Silver Crow
Aug 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
It's not that hard... As soon as i hit 33 on my hunter i was able to do the Ohza quest. My recommendation for you is to watch banther/banshee hunter solo's on youtube, it really helped me. Took me around 3-4 attempts. First two i was learning the rythm of the monsters. After that it's just about combining what you've learned from watching and the rythm to just-gaurding their attacks. For example when he does the roar you can tell that because he will put his right frontpaw down first then his left frontpaw and after a brief delay he roars, so just watch out for it and you'll learn the timing. I really think this thread is pointless though, you should have figured it out on your own and asking for help is.. well good luck.

Edit:

Please stop these posts, in all honestly you are removing a lot of the fun factor from the game by expecting to beat bosses in 1-2 tries easily or buffing up your defense so high that they do 1 damage. (Last one probably won't work for too long considering we only have "hard mode")

Cool thing about this game is there are multiple ways and styles to beat bosses without getting hit on the hunter class. I'm not going to touch ranger / force because they are even easier. No I am not trying to "brag" I just think you guys haven't messed around with the different systems in game.

If you are on Ship 7 I'll show you, if not I have little intention of posting videos for people to copy my play style. I have received many requests for a dragon run tutorial after showing players in game because I do a lot of fancies during that, considering it, but it will be a private one. (the same mechanics make it very easy to clear tigers too, in fact the tigers have a lot less move variety than the dragon.)

My advice try out the blocking and dodging, the blocking system has a rewarding system in which the closer you are to exact block timing the closer to your max damage you will do.

LOL. Dumb post. Putting "not trying to brag" IS bragging. I'm sorry but your whole post doesn't make any sense, all i see is yapp yapp i'm great i help people dey want tutorial videos im like naw i ain't braggin bitches. Calm down mateeey.

Leyline
Aug 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
Nah Silver I'm just not a fan of mindless drones watching youtube videos for strategies. Find your own makes the game more enjoyable.

Also tired of seeing these multiple times a day, why should you be able to easily beat a boss first try or have to use a specific equipment to beat it (high def). Makes no sense.

Silver Crow
Aug 25, 2012, 08:08 PM
Nah Silver I'm just not a fan of mindless drones watching youtube videos for strategies. Find your own makes the game more enjoyable.

Here we go...

Also what do you mean by strategy. There is only one strategy. You block/evade and attack the weakspot/breakable parts. How you do it and with what PA's is what everyone does differently. In the videos i've watched they've used Sonic > RE > Nova. I use Sonic > Sonic > RE. If you're going to insult me then atleast make it constructive. Another post you made that doesn't make sense, lets see if you keep the streak up.

edit to your edit:

...Also tired of seeing these multiple times a day, why should you be able to easily beat a boss first try or have to use a specific equipment to beat it (high def). Makes no sense.

I never mentioned any of that. The equipment i used was a 5 star sword with whatever armor that dropped at the time. Now i have rare 9's and stuff for looks. They're only better than 5 star equipment when you +10 them and i'm at around +7 since there is no real point in spending close to millions when there is a content release coming up very soon.

relentless
Aug 25, 2012, 08:11 PM

Please don't try to tell others how you are supposed to enjoy the game.

Finalzone
Aug 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
My advice if you're going to go in there regardless would be to telepipe to the camp ship and use a Deband Drink EX or possibly a Guts Drink EX.
Also, if you wish to, try to synthe a blow resist unit (blow resist II or better if you can). That should cut down the damage some more.
I only have Drink Z unlocked. Thanks for the advice and for letting know about synth, I'll check if that will succeed.

As a Hunter, using Just Guard helps a ton, even with crappy equipment. (http://www.youtu.be/7_7sRpiI0AU)

Oh yeah, Just Guard! I will try it.

Shadowjesse626
Aug 26, 2012, 04:25 AM

Also tired of seeing these multiple times a day, why should you be able to easily beat a boss first try or have to use a specific equipment to beat it (high def). Makes no sense.

watching youtube videos for help is being a mindless drone?

Mystil
Aug 26, 2012, 08:26 AM
Banshee is easy enough without even just guarding. IT is BANTHER that really needs some practice with. I don't trust my just guarding "abilities" so I use their own quickness against them by relying on evading. :)

Haseokun
Aug 26, 2012, 09:20 AM
Unless you decided to go for an attack/critical build instead focusing on defense. Fury Stance+Fury Critical+STR/DEX Mag. My build doesn't allow the extra point allocation to put points into Just Guard. I've also put too much time into this character to scratch it and work on him all over again. Swords/Sword Gear aren't his style anyhow. I went for Partizan Gear and Wired Lance Gear instead. I'm still putting points into Fury Critical since I'm only lv33 Hunter currently. The Banshees are a real pain if you plan to use Wired Lances, but Heavenly Fall really helps break their claws fast compared to anything else. I only die if I'm in mid Heavenly Fall when it decides to do its roar. It's roar is its most unpredictable and deadly move due to it hitting you multiple times if you are in close as a hunter. I don't ever die to its claw attacks.

Z-0
Aug 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
Fury Critical... lol. If I told you that all criticals do in this game is make you hit the highest of your variable damage, would you have put any points into Fury Critical? In my opinion it's one of the most worthless skills.

Also, the roar is an extremely predictable move, as the movement just before the roar is long and drawn out. Start watching the boss and you'll see what I mean.

Saffran
Aug 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, if you can't evade the roar, you have serious cognitive issues that you want to solve before bothering with the rest.
That being said, it's the combo that gets me. If the first hit connects and you stay down, you may end up being hit 3 times *while still on the ground*. If it connects and you use just reversal, you *will* be hit several times. And there's the famous phase where he lunges 4 times and then some and may or may not bite you on top.
Nifty burn animation though.

Tyruka
Aug 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
o.o

I'm lvl 36, a ranger at that. Even with a Rifle or Launcher those bosses destroys me D: Should I used Gunslash? or use a better armor piece? ._. I just want to get to Mines >.<

Dextro
Aug 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
LOL. Dumb post. Putting "not trying to brag" IS bragging. All i see is yapp yapp i'm great i help people dey want tutorial videos im like naw i ain't braggin bitches. Calm down mateeey.
lol that's exactly how i read it too :-D

The only advice i can give is to strafe sideways!
I see too many people backpedaling and backpedaling into certain doom. They're faster than you and can close the distance in seconds...

It's like those people in movies that try and run away from a falling object by running a straight line in it's shadow (Prometheus, i'm looking at you...)

Scotty T
Aug 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Keep in mind you can Just Guard any attack they do, including the roar.

Silver Crow
Aug 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Fury Critical... lol. If I told you that all criticals do in this game is make you hit the highest of your variable damage, would you have put any points into Fury Critical? In my opinion it's one of the most worthless skills.

Also, the roar is an extremely predictable move, as the movement just before the roar is long and drawn out. Start watching the boss and you'll see what I mean.

Don't talk shit without backing this up. A lot of people noted a 3% dps increase which was quickly taken down because the number is much higher than that. Well anyway i'm not going to tell the likes of you why it's one of the best hunter skills but if you put some effort in reading the japanese wiki's maybe you'll find out. Worthless skill... the shit people say nowadays.

Cry0
Aug 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Just just guard they said, it would be easy they said.

... is what I thought when reading this post. Yeah, just guard is a good skill, and the key to beating bosses on hard. I only just found that out myself, I used to be an incessant dodger, but bosses on hard dont leave many openings. Just guard fixes that.
However, if you are a dodger like me, it's hard to outgrow that habit... :( I'm getting there though!

Z-0
Aug 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
Lol... If I was really "wrong", would you care to correct me? :\

See, the thing is, I've noticed exactly this:

All my criticals are the same damage. If I do 1297 critical, my next critical will be the exact same.
My regular attacks also hit 1297 sometimes. It's rare, but it does happen. I also hit towards that value (unless I'm using a 5-star, which have extremely variable damage).

Note: Damage Value is just a random one.

Does that really indicate that criticals make you do more damage (well overall it will do, but you know what I mean)? No, not really. I'm using "experience" as my source, but I guess that's not enough.

Silver Crow
Aug 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
Lol... If I was really "wrong", would you care to correct me? :\

See, the thing is, I've noticed exactly this:

All my criticals are the same damage. If I do 1297 critical, my next critical will be the exact same.
My regular attacks also hit 1297 sometimes. It's rare, but it does happen. I also hit towards that value (unless I'm using a 5-star, which have extremely variable damage).

Note: Damage Value is just a random one.

Does that really indicate that criticals make you do more damage (well overall it will do, but you know what I mean)? No, not really. I'm using "experience" as my source, but I guess that's not enough.

Well it's been explained before and you might know this but criticals do your max damage. So if your damage swinged from 1000-2000 then your crit will do 2000. If you read the japanese wiki enough you'll learn that having this 20% increase is as good as having a certain amount of ability on certain targets. So it elimates the need for ability on hunters so we can actually just go pure s-atk and deal stupidly large crits consistently. There's a hint. if you want to know more i'm not gonna dig around for you so... good luck

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, crits are a forced max damage. They're separate from ordinary damage calculations, which probably calculate inside your damage range after rolling to determine a crit.

The thing in question is how frequently it does this. It might be superb, and a lot of players are saying it is, but other players do testing and record some statistics and it indicates otherwise.

Really, we just don't know. Want it? Get it. It's as easy as that.

IndigoNovember
Aug 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Also note that you have to be in Fury Stance to take advantage of Fury Critical. According to Silver Crow's observations, enjoy dying a lot?

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
It's to Fury Stance what Guard Stance Up is to Guard Stance: A supplemental skill for when you're out of other skills to raise but still really want to raise that one aspect of your character.

Sizustar
Aug 26, 2012, 04:16 PM
Don't talk shit without backing this up. A lot of people noted a 3% dps increase which was quickly taken down because the number is much higher than that. Well anyway i'm not going to tell the likes of you why it's one of the best hunter skills but if you put some effort in reading the japanese wiki's maybe you'll find out. Worthless skill... the shit people say nowadays.

If it's the Japanese wiki
http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?%A5%CF%A5%F3%A5%BF%A1%BC

The 2~3% damage incease has been crossed out, and has been deemed unknown, and unable to get clear number on, so it might or might not.

Mystil
Aug 26, 2012, 04:53 PM
All I know is, Banther is a demoralizing boss. That guy makes me wanna give up everytime I fight him. I just think SEGA was being nice by not having Banther spawn in forest, and just his little brother. That'd just be TOO much. I can just guard fine when they start jumping around like jackasses, but then Banther puts on some Air Jordans and decides to glide from the freethrow line all over the freaking place.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Banther spawns in Forest, it's a Random Change over that can happen while still fighting a Random Banshee.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 04:58 PM
All I know is, Banther is a demoralizing boss. That guy makes me wanna give up everytime I fight him. I just think SEGA was being nice by not having Banther spawn in forest, and just his little brother. That'd just be TOO much. I can just guard fine when they start jumping around like jackasses, but then Banther puts on some Air Jordans and decides to glide from the freethrow line all over the freaking place.

Now try to solo the quartz dragon. My god, what is that guy's fucking problem?

When he's not stunlocking you with melee, he's knocking most of your health in one swipe, or stunlocking you with ranged damage (lol guard stance), or stunlocking you with tech damage (LOL guard stance), or doing that charge and double smash which every so often knocks me airborne and JUGGLES ME FOR ALL THREE HITS :OUFGB:AIYSFV:IYAVCF:IYACSFV:ISYDVCF:ISDYGVCC:SFDY GVC:FDSG

I have an easier god damn time in Dark Souls, no fucking joke.

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
Now try to solo the quartz dragon. My god, what is that guy's fucking problem?

When he's not stunlocking you with melee, he's knocking most of your health in one swipe, or stunlocking you with ranged damage (lol guard stance), or stunlocking you with tech damage (LOL guard stance), or doing that charge and double smash which every so often knocks me airborne and JUGGLES ME FOR ALL THREE HITS :OUFGB:AIYSFV:IYAVCF:IYACSFV:ISYDVCF:ISDYGVCC:SFDY GVC:FDSG

I have an easier god damn time in Dark Souls, no fucking joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
Apparently I'm inept because i can't do that. I'll do perfect for 7 minutes, tail and horn broken, then get wrecked by one of his stunlocking attacks.

Silver Crow
Aug 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
Apparently I'm inept because i can't do that. I'll do perfect for 7 minutes, tail and horn broken, then get wrecked by one of his stunlocking attacks.

if you did perfectly for 7 mins he should be dead... my solo runs take around that time with my best being 5mins. and what do you mean stunlocking attacks, you mean the light barrage and missles? those are so easy to dodge. tbh most of his attacks are easy to dodge.

edit: why are you breaking the tail and horn... just choose and break one of them and hit the weakspot under it... no wonder you don't kill him in 7 mins

Rika-chan
Aug 26, 2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c)

You do more with your fist... than what I do with a weapon ;A; Probably the units

Vashyron
Aug 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
It's not me, no idea on their stats.

Rika-chan
Aug 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
It's not me, no idea on their stats.

Oh ^^;. That's too bad

Skyly HUmar
Aug 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
Im surprised a newman woman is doing that much concidering they have the lowest S attack in the game...

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
if you did perfectly for 7 mins he should be dead... my solo runs take around that time with my best being 5mins. and what do you mean stunlocking attacks, you mean the light barrage and missles? those are so easy to dodge. tbh most of his attacks are easy to dodge.

edit: why are you breaking the tail and horn... just choose and break one of them and hit the weakspot under it... no wonder you don't kill him in 7 mins

Drops, obviously.

And for some bizarre reason I can basically never get out of the range of his laser beams if I'm in sword whacking range. Just doesn't work. I get caught at the edge, in the middle, never get out of range. Dash-jump-dash, just walking, nada.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 26, 2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c)that is one of the single greatest PSO2 boss fight videos I've seen thus far.

Crimson Exile
Aug 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
Drops, obviously.

And for some bizarre reason I can basically never get out of the range of his laser beams if I'm in sword whacking range. Just doesn't work. I get caught at the edge, in the middle, never get out of range. Dash-jump-dash, just walking, nada.
You may be way to close to him to get out of range of the lasers. You could always use Just Guard on lasers though.

relentless
Aug 26, 2012, 07:46 PM

If you can't evade it, try to block it. You could also try to block->evade since the laser hits up to two times.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
When I do that I either get hit from the sides/back/top/wherever or since I've been whailing on him my PP is half empty so if I time it even slightly wrong I spend all my PP on the first two blocks and then just get wrecked by the rest of them. Believe me, I've fought a lot of quartz dragons solo and have tackled these things from a whole bunch of angles. Other people are evidently doing subtle things I'm plainly not, or they're blending their memories of fighting solo versus fighting with a party.

I also can't read the tell for the spammed laser beams to save my life (see what I did there) when I'm under his belly so that doesn't help.

I'm not about to say tough bosses are bad, but the difficulty gap between hunters having to precisely block so many attacks and rangers/forces where simply being far away is all the safety you need is a bit excessive for my tastes. I preferred the banshee/bantther roar and vol dragon's ranged attacks. Yes, they hurt, but at least those wouldn't wreck me if I mis-time a just guard and get stunlocked during a regular guard and then promptly killed. Stupid attacks, hope this is the last we see of them.

Acel
Aug 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah, if you can't evade the roar, you have serious cognitive issues that you want to solve before bothering with the rest.
That being said, it's the combo that gets me. If the first hit connects and you stay down, you may end up being hit 3 times *while still on the ground*. If it connects and you use just reversal, you *will* be hit several times. And there's the famous phase where he lunges 4 times and then some and may or may not bite you on top.

You can just block those chain hits. ITS FUN!

Crimson Exile
Aug 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
When I do that I either get hit from the sides/back/top/wherever or since I've been whailing on him my PP is half empty so if I time it even slightly wrong I spend all my PP on the first two blocks and then just get wrecked by the rest of them. Believe me, I've fought a lot of quartz dragons solo and have tackled these things from a whole bunch of angles. Other people are evidently doing subtle things I'm plainly not, or they're blending their memories of fighting solo versus fighting with a party.

I also can't read the tell for the spammed laser beams to save my life (see what I did there) when I'm under his belly so that doesn't help.

I'm not about to say tough bosses are bad, but the difficulty gap between hunters having to precisely block so many attacks and rangers/forces where simply being far away is all the safety you need is a bit excessive for my tastes. I preferred the banshee/bantther roar and vol dragon's ranged attacks. Yes, they hurt, but at least those wouldn't wreck me if I mis-time a just guard and get stunlocked during a regular guard and then promptly killed. Stupid attacks, hope this is the last we see of them.
My only tip to you is either practice a little more with your JG timing or try not to fight while being so close to him. Also I believe he makes sounds before he does the missiles or lasers. It took me about 4 attempts to get his movements down. The only thing holding me back from fighting better against him is this keyboard and mouse. It's been plenty of times I hit shift and I don't block but it's whatever.

Acel
Aug 26, 2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBIXTBnJ4c)

Seriously. Dodging is OP in this game. Ive tried punching most bosses from Rockbear onwards. And I find the invincible frames amazing. And not to mention the speed to spam it... sheesh! The barefist "PA" is totally invunerable during the entire sway!

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
My only tip to you is either practice a little more with your JG timing or try not to fight while being so close to him. Also I believe he makes sounds before he does the missiles or lasers. It took me about 4 attempts to get his movements down. The only thing holding me back from fighting better against him is this keyboard and mouse. It's been plenty of times I hit shift and I don't block but it's whatever.

Here is my Quartz solo fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSf0ksu6bwg

That's my plan, practicing JG timing against him, I only wish failing didn't mean death :/

Actually, I also wish the next area was announced and the new boss was confirmed to not have these kinds of attacks and instead had instakill claw swipes or something. I'd have a ton of fun with those.

And yeah dodging also seems a small bit excessive, but if you don't have it maxed out honestly it's not particularly amazing.

Saffran
Aug 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
Acel > Precisely. *IF* you miss one block, you're over.
Incidentally, the most he did was a 17 swipes combo (I was just guardind and evading and waiting...) which got me pretty nervous.
I managed to kill it with 15 seconds remaining though, so that means I'm officially never going back to thundra...

Acel
Aug 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
Acel > Precisely. *IF* you miss one block, you're over.
Incidentally, the most he did was a 17 swipes combo (I was just guardind and evading and waiting...) which got me pretty nervous.
I managed to kill it with 15 seconds remaining though, so that means I'm officially never going back to thundra...

17?! SEVENTEEN?! Are we talking about the same "hoppy" ground-stabbing like move? All I got was like 5...

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
In one fight he did the triple stomp combo against me six+ times, mixed with only one quad-lunge.

I eventually said fuck it, stopped trying to frantically JG+dodge+heal, and tried to melee him. Didn't work. The next fight I JG'd so many attacks that it only took about 3 swings to actually break his front claws, then he died to around 10 or so non-JG attacks. I pretty much just guarded him to death.

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 09:40 PM
How to solo quartz...

Pretend you're playing megaman and touching the boss hurts like hell.

Proceed to stay 234234324 feet away from him the whole fight.

Wait till his nose is stuck in the ground.

Own the shit out of him till your instincts say "GTFO."

You'll never get hit.

Of course my hunter skill tree and my mag is messed up, resulting in crappy armor and damage output and my weapon's are all mediocre. So he one/two-hit kills me, with everything he does.

relentless
Aug 27, 2012, 07:42 AM
And yeah dodging also seems a small bit excessive, but if you don't have it maxed out honestly it's not particularly amazing.

Utilizing both block and evade can be essential in a fight, they're equally important. You don't need to have it maxed out at all, timing is the key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6CwY0KDc4

The times he didn't block was because he couldn't since you have to look the enemy's way properly to block and that's not always the case, which is when it's best to step away. Btw. take a look at 3:05 onwards when Quartz does his lasers, you see how the player merely moves away so he can face him properly and prepare JG since standing too close might not count as "in front of".

Silver Crow
Aug 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
And a sword solo by Crimson Exile/Crim/Darkcloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSf0ksu6bwg

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Duked it out with a couple quartz dragons last night and skitted around the edge of sword range this time. I paid particularly close attention to the tail and horn elevation, backing off when they were raised. This time I only ran away from a roar once (usually he roars much more often). Only got wasted by the laser spam once, where it was on that charged quartz dragon and every laser hit for 140-150 damage. Also, his ordinary charges all did 680+. Lol.

Not sure why sometimes I simply can't get out of the laser range, maybe I'm misremembering and being a big babby.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
Duked it out with a couple quartz dragons last night and skitted around the edge of sword range this time. I paid particularly close attention to the tail and horn elevation, backing off when they were raised. This time I only ran away from a roar once (usually he roars much more often). Only got wasted by the laser spam once, where it was on that charged quartz dragon and every laser hit for 140-150 damage. Also, his ordinary charges all did 680+. Lol.

Not sure why sometimes I simply can't get out of the laser range, maybe I'm misremembering and being a big babby.

Dont worry about it too much giga. Everyone has their up and downs in the game. Just keep at it and it'll become easy in notime.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
Last time I only got hit by his laser rain once...

and it was only a couple hits so I survived and continued running like a little girl.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2012, 11:37 AM

Hey, I get wiped out by those lasers sometimes as well, don't sweat it, man. If people give you grief, just do what this cat does!

[SPOILER-BOX]Strut your f*cking stuff! :D
http://data.whicdn.com/images/9637209/haters-gonna-hate-cat_large.jpg
I am entirely too obsessed with this. I don't care. XD[/SPOILER-BOX]

Haseokun
Aug 27, 2012, 03:04 PM

For me personally it's got nothing to do with being knocked down. I have Just Reversal and 80-90% of the time get it off perfectly. It's when it decides to Roar when I'm in the middle of a typically mid air close range attack that isn't cancellable like Heavenly Fall that I'm forced to get hit multiple times with one roar. Also if you get hit with the roar while airborne you don't get knocked into the ground until after a few hits, usually you hit the ground dead. I've got no problem with my ground game and Banshees claws are a total joke. If you're trying to destroy Banshee asap to avoid fighting Banshee and Banther at the same time though and are using any Hunter weapon other than a Spear with Speed Rain or a Sword with Sonic Arrow and are using Fury Critical/Fury Stance without the ability to use Just Guard than you are in for a tough fight. Banthers and Banshees are known for their anti close range game.

LadyMoon
Aug 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
I could use a hand killing these two as well. If anyone would like to party up and help me take them down I would really appreciate it. Ship 10 for me. Someone please help.

Husq
Aug 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
I could use a hand killing these two as well. If anyone would like to party up and help me take them down I would really appreciate it. Ship 10 for me. Someone please help.

What times are you normally on? I always enjoy playing with them.
The only thing I do on ship10 at the moment is to look for a level39/40 ragne, play with snow banther & banshee or quartz. Other than that I am working on leveling my ship2 character.

Omega-z
Aug 27, 2012, 08:43 PM
Wow, That's the second time I've hear that someone or seen someone take that much damage. What's up with all the I'm shark bait account's?. I never thought a Hunter would be weaker then me in Def. The most I ever take is around 300 without boost and that's melee as a Force, but with boosts it drops to 96 - 124 damage. Quartz can't 2 hit K.O. me, maybe 3 if he's lucky. But I can live thru all of his attack's no Problem, And I have midi-core Def? But it's fun to stick my rod up his ........ and shock or blow him a new one since I play Melee Force.

Saffran
Aug 28, 2012, 02:47 AM
For me personally it's got nothing to do with being knocked down. I have Just Reversal and 80-90% of the time get it off perfectly. It's when it decides to Roar when I'm in the middle of a typically mid air close range attack that isn't cancellable like Heavenly Fall that I'm forced to get hit multiple times with one roar. Also if you get hit with the roar while airborne you don't get knocked into the ground until after a few hits, usually you hit the ground dead. I've got no problem with my ground game and Banshees claws are a total joke. If you're trying to destroy Banshee asap to avoid fighting Banshee and Banther at the same time though and are using any Hunter weapon other than a Spear with Speed Rain or a Sword with Sonic Arrow and are using Fury Critical/Fury Stance without the ability to use Just Guard than you are in for a tough fight. Banthers and Banshees are known for their anti close range game.

OK, so in order :
I generally get hit only once by the roar, because I try to close in "too soon" (the roar is still in effect). I just guard all their attacks, but sometimes a hit will get through and then it's prayer time because there's just no telling when exactly they will stop attacking.
I am most consistent using wired lance but I can get by with a sword as well. Lance are too weak overall (as I don't have speed rain). I dislike Fury Stance and Sonic Arrow as well, so no, my using them is not the problem.
The problem is really the attack pattern of the Banther (Banshee is easy in comparison). It may attack for a full minute non stop sometimes, and just guarding simply doesn't cut it. RNG I guess.

Mystil
Aug 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
I want a "arena" where you go one on one with Banther. I don't consider myself a worthy hunter unless I take him on solo and not die or get my ass slapped all over the area. Just me and him. I'm tired of taking my aggression out on his inferior brother.

/dream

Hard mode tundra doesn't count cause he comes in mid-fight.

LadyMoon
Aug 28, 2012, 03:21 PM
I am usually around about 5pm eastern .... name is Catharia