PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to keep the game interesting?

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
I want to know. These days I just log in to talk and chat with people. I find myself unable to play if no one in my guild is online. What do you do to keep yourself playing?

Crimson Exile
Aug 26, 2012, 12:19 AM
Same as you, but also do matter board, client orders, leveling final class, free roam a bit or help guild members out.

Fox2Tails
Aug 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
I've already passed that point, I'm playing other games ._.

Amaranthus
Aug 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
Hunting rares. Spamming kitty boss atm for the blizzard wand. :D

IzzyData
Aug 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
Just socializing. Not really playing seriously. Waiting for content I guess.

BIG OLAF
Aug 26, 2012, 12:47 AM
I usually log on, get bored within five minutes, and stand around in the lobby. It's really hard for me to want to actually do anything in-game. I'm really lazy when it comes to leveling my alt character, as well. I need something new to do, or someone(s) new to run with, haha.

Crimson Exile
Aug 26, 2012, 12:51 AM
I've already passed that point, I'm playing other games ._.
Not going to lie you just made my night with that comment.

Lostbob117
Aug 26, 2012, 12:52 AM
Lving up.

Amaranthus
Aug 26, 2012, 12:57 AM
I'm really lazy when it comes to leveling my alt character.

This. I still have to level an alt on ship2 specifically made for my awesome gaming guild's team, BunnyBrigade (or something about bunnies, lol). They were one of the people who rerolled on ship2. :(

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
RE-ROLL A DAGGER SCOUT!

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 26, 2012, 01:30 AM
I tend to either try to upgrade my gear,money run, or help my friends out

NeoRydia
Aug 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
RE-ROLL A DAGGER SCOUT!

LOL WUT? That just gave me a total flashback to Luna Online.

Quatre52
Aug 26, 2012, 03:06 AM
I..uh..play the game?

Rather disappointing how many all ready seem bored..

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
RE-ROLL A DAGGER SCOUT!
I WOULD IF I COULD. Closest I could make was wired lance. >: That's why I'm waiting for twin daggers

LOL WUT? That just gave me a total flashback to Luna Online.
Totally missed his reference >:

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 03:13 AM
I..uh..play the game?

Rather disappointing how many all ready seem bored..

Have you maxed out all your classes? It's just that doing the same thing over and over and over again makes everyone sad. ):

Shirai
Aug 26, 2012, 03:46 AM
Waiting for more content. ._.

Along with having fun with the character creation.

Blackheart521
Aug 26, 2012, 03:47 AM
Waiting for more content. ._.

That's the most interesting part of the game! ^^

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 04:25 AM
Have you maxed out all your classes? It's just that doing the same thing over and over and over again makes everyone sad. ):

MMO is always about doing same thing over and over.

PSO1 : 4 areas for a year until v2.0 come in, then it become 8 area for another year.

PSU = white beast S over and over, omg WHITE BEAST S2!! over.. over.. omg WB S3!!

FF14 = patch 1.19 Ifrit run? over and over, estimate roughtly 100 runs you need to get all gear from him, then in the next 2 months, 1.20 Moggle primal? over and over for another 100 runs for 3 months, then raid for dark light items, repeat repeat for 3 months.

DQ10 = I heard nobody make all classes to cap yet. it seem to had kind of harsh exp there, but I doubt it would be different at end-game. Consider they don't even have end-game content yet, and also no private house yet. (another game that seem to release without full system ready)

PSO2 at least have 4 kinds of run you can do : Catalancer hunt, Maizer hunt, Floating island roaming, and Cave roaming. Problem that make it easy to get bored is because of roaming I think..

Because when roaming with 12 people, you don't need to use your brain in this game, and it make it easy to feel bored. I think they should nerf the benefit of roaming to split people away from help each other in 12x group, so that it will be little harder.
Also, if they could balance areas in VH mode to make them equal good, then it will also help.

Real problem is that they really shouldn't allow players to get big profit of meseta by doing something that doesn't need to use brain. Meseta should gain better with some other challenge method. such as PSU where you rather solo speed run when you are strong enough instead of stick with over powered group. It make the game remain more challenge.

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
MMO is always about doing same thing over and over.

That's true. PvP at least kept me entertained in other games @__@ Or some minigames.. They need pvp and minigames implemented >:

Dan Maku
Aug 26, 2012, 04:59 AM
I work through the Matter Board, level my other classes, and try to solo Big Vader.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
The best way for me to keeping the Game for me interesting is to play in a slower Pace and to complete all Orders, Quests and the Matter Board. Also helping out some Newbies can be fun too and you can find some interesting Folks that way ;)

Some People just seem to rush through the Game and play all day just to complain that there is no Content. I mean the Game isn't going away so you don't need to rush it and abandon RL just to play PSO2 xD.

But I guess that hardcore Group exists in every MMORPG and they will always complain about the lack of Content.

valmont
Aug 26, 2012, 05:41 AM
farm meseta while waiting for the new content..
then, spend ridiculous amount of meseta for the new accessories/parts.. XD

its the combat that keeps me interested..
i rarely participate in MPA runs cause its boring as hell..

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 06:11 AM
The best way to keep the Game interesting is to play in a slower Pace and to complete all Orders, Quests and the Matter Board. Also helping out some Newbies can be fun too and you can find some interesting Folks that way ;)

Some People just seem to rush through the Game and play all day just to complain that there is no Content. I mean the Game isn't going away so you don't need to rush it and abandon RL just to play PSO2 xD.

But I guess that hardcore Group exists in every MMORPG and they will always complain about the lack of Content.

The best way FOR YOU, you mean. Not everyone has the same opinion. And no, no one here's complaining about 'no content'; I'm plenty satisfied with the pace of updates. I just find the monotony of doing nothing but killing monsters (that's basically what the client orders are anyway. Kill monsters/get x from monster y and you'll only get it by killing them). There are time attacks but I've already finished them /:

WienerWuerstel
Aug 26, 2012, 06:45 AM
The best way FOR YOU, you mean. Not everyone has the same opinion. And no, no one here's complaining about 'no content'; I'm plenty satisfied with the pace of updates. I just find the monotony of doing nothing but killing monsters (that's basically what the client orders are anyway. Kill monsters/get x from monster y and you'll only get it by killing them). There are time attacks but I've already finished them /:

Well yeah it's my Opinion and I thought this Thread is about them ;).

And I didn' say that everyone is complaining about the lack of Content but if you look at the Forums you will find a lot of People that do complain about it.

I agree that most of the Orders involve killing A to get B but not all of them are like that. You can still make them fun by using different Weapons and playing in a Party etc. But tell me one MMORPG that doesn't have the typical "Kill Monster A to get Item B" Quest ;)

valmont
Aug 26, 2012, 06:59 AM
yeah, at least this game doesnt forced you to do stupid quests just to lvl up..
just take a break from this game if you feel bored.. play again when some of the new content makes you interested..
but me, i will keep playing either solo or with my friends and a couple of npcs..
im already addicted to this game combat system.. XD

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 07:06 AM
farm meseta while waiting for the new content..
then, spend ridiculous amount of meseta for the new accessories/parts.. XD

its the combat that keeps me interested..
i rarely participate in MPA runs cause its boring as hell..

Yes, MPA run is boring as hell, which is the problem.

Something the most simply and easiest to do become something that is most efficient in farming meseta in PSO2.

I wish they will find a way to balance it, and make something easy = low reward, and something harder = more reward instead.

PSU did it correctly in that aspect by having people choose between go with 1x-6x player per team. 6x = easy but more share, 1x = harder, but less share. But what make PSU go wrong is White beast.

Haseokun
Aug 26, 2012, 07:13 AM
When I get really bored of grinding daily repeatables I try to hang out and chat with people in Ship 02 Block 20. Sometimes things escalate into entertaining wars of Symbol Arts, which brightens the mood a bit and either makes me laugh or puts a smile on my face. It's all in good fun. Of course of no ones around and things get too stale I simply logout for the day and watch some movies over Crackle instead and come back to the game later on.

Mizunos
Aug 26, 2012, 07:21 AM
Playing other games. getting spoon-fed so early makes me totally lose interest in the game, which is a bad sign...

Haseokun
Aug 26, 2012, 07:23 AM
I WOULD IF I COULD. Closest I could make was wired lance. >: That's why I'm waiting for twin daggers

Totally missed his reference >:
I'm looking forward to Daggers as well. Wired Lances will have to do until then due to the "Tri-Edge" weapons that Ovan, the character my character is based off of, would actually be seen using. Currently I use Daylight Scar+10 and Alva Tri+7. The Alva Tri is rather fitting given the nature of design. The Alva Tri is also stronger. The Daylight Scar+10 I use for the Desert because of its 20% Shock, Lucky Rise 1, and Freeze II abilities. The Alva Tri on the other hand I use for Forest and Tundra due to it being 20% Fire with Power II and Stamina I. I'm still trying to get either Poison II or Burn II on the Alva Tri. It would feel more appropriate to have Burn II on a 20% Fire weapon and Poison II on a 20% Dark weapon. I also have the Neigling Zero on Ovan due to it being the closet thing I can get to his Bayonet weapon within the Steam Gunner class in the .Hack games he is from. The Negling Zero will never be as strong as the +10 Alva Scissors that I have though unfortunately, but I really prefer the look of the Neigling over the Scissors.

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 07:30 AM
Anyway, for those people who get bored about this game but also are fan of this game, you should find some good tip to improve the game that will not make it boring. They are going to be a new survey coming soon for the next balance adjustment. Ask any near by person who could translate JP for you to help the writing.

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 07:40 AM
Since this isn't PSO and PSU... and it's free to play, over a subscription. There's nothing FORCING you to log in unless you're running on some timed item you wanna make use of.

You're really not hurting anyone finding something else to play for a while as you wait for new content. Well maybe you'd be hurting SEGA a little, but they know how much entertaining content this game has...

Shugo17
Aug 26, 2012, 07:59 AM
@Haseokun, wasn't Ovan a steam-gunner?

On topic: I just run missions since I haven't even maxed one class yet.

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 08:53 AM
Well yeah it's my Opinion and I thought this Thread is about them ;).

Your post: "The best way to keep the Game interesting is to play in a slower Pace and to complete all Orders, Quests and the Matter Board. Also helping out some Newbies can be fun too and you can find some interesting Folks that way ;) implies that this is a universal thing. That's why I called it out.

And I didn' say that everyone is complaining about the lack of Content but if you look at the Forums you will find a lot of People that do complain about it.

I agree that most of the Orders involve killing A to get B but not all of them are like that. You can still make them fun by using different Weapons and playing in a Party etc. But tell me one MMORPG that doesn't have the typical "Kill Monster A to get Item B" Quest ;)

FANTASY EARTH ZERO. PvP based game. No monster grinding. You get 'rings' from wars (50v50 pvp) that you spend on weapons and armor and the cool stuff and you get gold from killing monsters. NA server closed down though.

Why are you even asking me to give you games like that anyway?

Playing other games. getting spoon-fed so early makes me totally lose interest in the game, which is a bad sign...

I know what you mean. Personally I liked the pace, it keeps you satisfied until you hit cap. They need more things to do for people who reach the cap ):

kkow
Aug 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
despite pso2 not being a complete game, what really kills it is how boring everything is. mpas are a joke. soloing the fang duo is about the only remotely challenging bosses in the game.

i refuse to do most mpas, and just play with a few friends.

HiOc
Aug 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
Currently leveling HU while completing COs and my matter boards. After that, I'll be leveling RA.

moorebounce
Aug 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Make more characters and do different skill tree builds although I always make a power mag lol. I like to get bosses down to nothing and finish them off with my Photon Blast. For people who love the series you really don't get bored with the game. Most of the people who get bored just needs to come to grips with the fact that Sega needs to slowly put out new content to try and make some money from this game.

Sega could easily fix people's boredom from leveling too fast by raising the exp need to get each level and lower the exp you get from client orders.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
implies that this is a universal thing. That's why I called it out.

This Thread is about our opinions so just add 1+1 and you know that my Post was an OPINION ;). I'm sorry if you misread my post. English isn't my native language so there can be confusions sometimes.

FANTASY EARTH ZERO. PvP based game. No monster grinding. You get 'rings' from wars (50v50 pvp) that you spend on weapons and armor and the cool stuff and you get gold from killing monsters. NA server closed down though.

Why are you even asking me to give you games like that anyway?

I just wanted to say that most of the MMORPG's have the kind of "Kill Monster A and get Item B" Quests and that is part of the Game so to speak. Your Example is really good but it didn't last long. Games like that are very rare or "dead".

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
This Thread is about our opinions so just add 1+1 and you know that my Post was an OPINION ;). I'm sorry if you misread my post. English isn't my native language so there can be confusions sometimes.

Dear god. First of all, idk if this thread counts as an opinion thread. I started it asking people what they did to keep the game interesting to them. Not ask them what they think. So no. Instead of saying "I personally play in a slower pace yadayadayada...", you've said "The best way to keep the game interesting is..." which, first of all, is not a way to start something based off of your opinion. It's a way to start a fact. There's a difference between saying "The best way to is to do this" and "I think you have to do this." English isn't my native language too, but I understand basic english.

I just wanted to say that most of the MMORPG's have the kind of "Kill Monster A and get Item B" Quests and that is part of the Game so to speak. Your Example is really good but it didn't last long. Games like that are very rare or "dead".

The game is still alive and doing well in Japan and HK. Irrelevant topic tho.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
Dear god. First of all, idk if this thread counts as an opinion thread. I started it asking people what they did to keep the game interesting to them. Not ask them what they think. So no. Instead of saying "I personally play in a slower pace yadayadayada...", you've said "The best way to keep the game interesting is..." which, first of all, is not a way to start something based off of your opinion. It's a way to start a fact. There's a difference between saying "The best way to is to do this" and "I think you have to do this." English isn't my native language too, but I understand basic english.

You are still going on about this? I said it how I said it and if it sounds like a fact for you then so be it.

And when did I say that you don't understand "basic english"? We wouldn't have this stupid conversation if we couldn't understand english.

You should take it easy from time to time and not dissect everything that someone says...

Skyly HUmar
Aug 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
Usually I grind for money, hunt for rares, and try to upgrade my equipment with better abilities (that last one doesn't usually work so well). If you have lots of good friends to hunt with its not boring :P.

KEV1N
Aug 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
I find making topics then having pointless arguments with people who post in it helps take away some of the monotony in PSO2.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
I find making topics then having pointless arguments with people who post in it helps take away some of the monotony in PSO2.

Well I could live fine without the pointless Arguments :P

PSO2 is still plenty fun for me because I didn't hit the Cap yet.

Tyruka
Aug 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Well naturally I just grind for exp, money, buying better Rifles/Launchers or Armor pieces to improve my character, or simply explore maps. xD Currently im working on my matter boards to get it out of the way

Garnet_Moon
Aug 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
Well, i've been enjoying Guild Wars 2 pre-launch all weekend. I haven't even stopped to think about PSO2 at all until right now when I got off work and am enjoying my burgerking burgers. Of course, when I finish these I'm going back onto GW2.

As for keeping PSO2 interesting? Eh, I guess when GW2 has maintenance I can log into PSO2 and have (hopefully) tons to do!

Ryuujin13
Aug 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
Taking my time with it. Building my mag and trying to maintain a solid level of currency. Also making friends and goofing around is always fun lol

IndigoNovember
Aug 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
Hunting rares. Isn't that one of the big things PSO was about as well? Aiming for that feeling of success when you successfully get the rare you've spent xx amount of hours hunting for?

Mikura
Aug 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Playing other games until some more content is released. :D I've fallen behind on a lot of games anyway that I should finish.

Narugami
Aug 26, 2012, 07:43 PM

^You win, good sir.

Hunting rares. Isn't that one of the big things PSO was about as well? Aiming for that feeling of success when you successfully get the rare you've spent xx amount of hours hunting for?

^ it is! But I'm one of cursed ones. I'm one of the ones who grind all week without any rares!

~

So I read about how some of you guys find multiparty areas boring. Is it really? I just automatically join a multiparty for the fast item drops and probable pse bursts. Hmm. I should try not being in multiparties then

Aegea
Aug 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Eh, it's more of what your playstyle is. I prefer MPAs/farming to boss runs. It's more relaxing and you can socialize if it's a good group. Though it helps I have my HDTV hooked up next to my computer, so I can be watching Netflix and other shows while playing in the other. That's how I play all my grindy RPGs.

I will say being a ranger in a MPA run is boring as hell. I had to level up force to be my farming class instead; otherwise I would have gone crazy with monotony.

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 08:08 PM

Yes, but PSO was also all about rares that were unique.

LokinModar
Aug 26, 2012, 08:18 PM
well, i managed to get to lvl 40 without even completing matter board page 2, so... there is still something to do. and there are plenty of client orders and i almost forgot: i'm still at lvl 1 as hunter and force....

Silver Crow
Aug 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
i might go back to playing monster hunter tri on the wii... even though i've made like 4 characters on that game...

problem with this game is it's not rewarding to solo... in games like monster hunter its fun to solo because you still get the same drops etc... whereas here you gotta get s-rank before fighting the boss for good drops. and players solo'ing have less monster spawns and have to roam far more to get the s-rank and it just isn't worth it. you get more rewards doing boring mpa's. what's the point of getting the best weapon and armor anymore... to solo? for what... i solo'd all the boss monsters for fun and i feel like i havent gotten anything out of it... unless i record it and i don't think my runs are good enough to record so... rambling on.. i may just quit the game...

valmont
Aug 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
yeah, its kinda sad how MPA is the best way to farm..
at least make the bosses drop more mesetas..
i dunno.. maybe bigger yellow crystal at 2000-3000 each? XD

Slidikins
Aug 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
problem with this game is it's not rewarding to solo...I actually like this because the only thing a game like PSO has over an action RPG is the social aspect. I play the game to meet new people and quest with them. Solo'ing is my last resort. I think I'm not in the majority, however.

What I tend to do to keep a game interesting is to pace and immerse myself. Read the cutscenes, try to complete the Matter Boards and stories (and Client Orders) before moving on. Then, when I have a nice handle on the world, try to figure out where my character fits in all of it. I like the auto-words for that since I can literally turn my character into an NPC who plays and talks the way I envisioned.

But because I play so casually it hasn't gotten boring for me. I dunno what I'd do if I hit the end of the content.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 12:23 PM
I play it at my own pace, just like I did on PSO1. Which generally entails going solo in a passworded MPA. I find something I want to do, regardless of the profitability, and if I want to take a break I do. In the campship, in the MPA itself, signing off, whatever.

Soloing in passworded MPA's has the nice benefit of everything still being there when you come back - including code duels in the field if you had to step away from the computer for a bit. I've gone afk for an hour to come back and feed my mag and finish a boss. No problems, nobody rushing me, nobody telling me to use X or Y because what I'm using is bad. Half the time I don't give a fuck if my weapon or gear is 1% worse than their shit, but if I do then I'm working to upgrade it.

And when I play FOcast I especially play solo, because I frankly couldn't give fewer shits about having a smidgen less T-ATK like all 11 other players in an MPA.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
i troll noobs+^_^+
http://i.qkme.me/35wsrq.jpg

Lolz, no seriously, i mostly just talk with whoever willin to hear "+^_^+"s in even the most serious conversations+^_^+
oh, and it would be a plus if someone fixed League of Legends with PSO2 on there+^_^+ but no PSO2 troll pics i liked+^_^+

kkow
Aug 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
how2trollonpso2plox?? maybe mine runs? :3

anyways, moar complaining. i consider myself fairly casual, and even avoid most mpas, but even then i'm quickly reaching that point where there is nothing left to do. other than to start, dunno, becoming a completionist in order to amuse yourself, which signals that there's a serious problem with the game. you know, most games are supposed to entertain you not other way around. i don't need a glorified chat client sega, thanks.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
I play with my friends and team members.
Sometimes we just chill in rooms and talk.

Agitated_AT
Aug 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
Nothing, I just quitted and waiting for the survey

Jakosifer
Aug 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
I AFK for 30 minute intervals and feed my MAGs. Playing this game is a snore.

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
I AFK for 30 minute intervals and feed my MAGs. Playing this game is a snore.

You must be a pretty miserable person if you choose to play a game that you dislike. >_>
Maybe you should quit, and find something enjoyable to do with your free time? Just a suggestion.

As for me, not only do I consider PSO2 to be the greatest game ever, I will probably end up playing it 8+ hours everyday when I retire in a month or so. There is nothing better in life than having fun, accomplishing your goals and doing what you want to do.

PepperCat
Aug 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
Help out some lowbies (like me), level your own lowbies or low classes up with new people who could use the advice of someone whose been playing for a while!

Your love/hate of the game rubs off on others, so be enthusiastic! 8)

No idea what those class level requirements are going to be for the new classes though, atm I'm just levelling Hunter.

:D

Crysteon
Aug 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
Roaming Floating Islands in random MPAs I use to explore alone and farming meseta like an idiot until I gather enough money to buy something that picks my interest. Oh, yeah...also doing random COs and wasting the reward exp in Force, lolz.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
I'm the same way, the best benefit of not playing with others for me is not having to act like I give a shit about them or what they do or say. No incentive for me to rush to do something if I don't want to, I can sit in the middle of a pool of lava until my HP hits 20 if I want to, don't have to discuss the whole "MPA or boss rushing" stuff, can actually look at/chill near random environmental things that pique my interest etc etc. It's just extremely relaxing, and if I seriously want a rare I'll just buy it anyway. :D

What?

I do these things even if I'm IN a party!

What are they gonna do about it? Grind slower? 8D

Crysteon
Aug 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
It's just extremely relaxing, and if I seriously want a rare I'll just buy it anyway. :D

No No NOOO!!

You're not doing it like the "legit players"!!!! Meanie!!! *runs away*

...Well, yeah...if I want something, I just buy it and save myself of the hassle to hunt it, unless I get it by natural means first, lol.

Jakosifer
Aug 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
You must be a pretty miserable person if you choose to play a game that you dislike. >_>
Maybe you should quit, and find something enjoyable to do with your free time? Just a suggestion.

In what world does AFKing = playing the game? Unless you think feeding 3 MAGs, which takes all of 30 seconds is a time consuming task which requires actual attention in game. :wacko:

I could see your suggestion making a lick of sense if I just sat and stared at my character as he dances for several hours though. I appreciate it.

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
Playing this game is a snore.

You said it, not me. By "playing", I thought you meant "playing". Sorry if I misunderstood.

Jakosifer
Aug 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Maybe an "actually" before that "playing" would have been helpful if it was easy to misunderstand. Idk.

Inazuma
Aug 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe an "actually" before that "playing" would have been helpful if it was easy to misunderstand. Idk.

Oh OK. Actually playing this game is a snore. Got it.

darkante
Aug 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Have taken a break recently for some other games.
Just waiting mostly for some new areas and the new class types.