PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Towards the future?

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
No, not PSO's white beast! :D

"Towards the upcoming large scale update in September and October, there will be a new survey collecting feedback and opinions. This will allow them to examine if any changes are necessary through any aspect of the game." -Ric's blog, Bumped.org

So yeah, I think we should give this attention and maybe like put together some actually interesting ideas and nag the few people here that know Japanese to translate it for us so that we can pretend we're actually important to the PSO2 JP fanbase. Speaking of which, this'd also be the time to say "SEGA PLS DUN HAET US." a few more times.

I say if you think an Idea is cool and non-selfish and doesn't conflict with other things people would want in the game enough to the point of causing a fanboy rage argument in an online gaming forum then don't hold back your imagination. And together we can put together a series or awesome ideas and agree on or discuss things that could actually make this game more fun...

Even if it's something small I guess.

Otherwise this is just another "what would you change/add to make the game more fun" thread but with a more realistic mindset and... seriously about translating some suggestions but no one HAS to do that either. >____>

------------------------------------------------------

I have a couple of ideas floating around that I'll never remember, but for now, an idea from another thread floating around here:

Different lobbies on different sets of blocks. Kind of like how PSO did it, except MORE than just a re-skin. like actually completely different lobbies. maybe even taking place on different planets (that I'd doubt but it'd be cool)

Neith
Aug 26, 2012, 08:03 AM
My personal changes I'd like to see would be:

- Change TA requirements for missions so you don't have to run the mission first and THEN TA it (making you run the same mission twice in a row).
- I honestly think droprates for rares need adjusting, not sure how anyone else feels on this but I only seem to find Vraolet and Talis Legacy with any frequency.
- Possibly need something else to do at 20-25 as it is a bit of a grind currently.
- Costume shop- not sure why this is still open as it seems pointless if it's only going to sell the initial clothes/parts you can select at creation in the default colours.

More varied enemies would be nice (Floating Continent was disappointing to me because most of the enemies were just recoloured Caves enemies). Particularly in the case of Caterdransa I really think they could've thought of something better than an identical boss to Caves.

Spellbinder
Aug 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Only change I can think of for now.

PP costs of Force techniques need to be adjusted.

The way things stand now, there's absolutely no reason to use uncharged Techniques, and I think it's a shame.

Gama
Aug 26, 2012, 09:18 AM
Photon Chairs.
and maybe a revamped psobb lobby :3

better shader control.

valmont
Aug 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
from me:
-make matter board more rewarding..
-make daily client orders give somethin more rewarding other than meseta/exp..
maybe like a "?" chest? with random nice items in it..
-make hair recolor free.. XD
i'll post more later, if somethin comes up..

Reiketsu
Aug 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
I want more clothes categories like top, bottom, shoes, etc so you can have more variation instead of just one-pieces that only have different colors... >_>
Also Visiphones in Campships would be nice!
And something like an in-game arcade where you can play old SEGA classics, lol (like in Shenmue)
Or like the Dreamcast you can get for your my room... being able to actually play games on it xD

gigawuts
Aug 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
Rare weapons being unique!

Please :( It's the only real long term reason to hunt for them, 1% higher atk is not a valid reason for most of us after something like 6 months.

Would I have farmed 30+ pal rappies to get an orotiagito if it didn't do that wave attack? No. Would I have farmed a chain sawd if it didn't have a unique unreduced HP absorb? No. Would I have gone for a dragon's claw, technical crozier, Caduceus, every elemental bonus cane/wands, and a good dozen other actually unique rares just for 5% more base atk that amounted to even less gained real damage dealt?

Hell no. And I'm still not done looking for all the good rares I want, I'm just taking a long break like I did before farming for a few months late last year.

pikachief
Aug 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
most importantly something to do durings levels 20-30. Mostly 20-25. I'm thinking a normal mode version of Tundra that you unlock from beating mines free field normal under a certain time limit.

Then making the normal enemies a little more aggressive would be nice.

and last but not least... SHOTGUNS.

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
1. For many reasons, evade need to cost some PP to use. Or restrict it more from just spamming.

2. Mindless MPA run shouldn't be the best way to farm meseta. It is weird to have easiest way of playing that is also the best way of gain. it break the rule of "the more challenge, the more reward" also make people to not care to improve gears.

If anybody is agree of it, please copy this one when the survey begin :

[spoiler-box]
マルチパーティーエリアは今一番メセタを稼ぎやすい場所なのでみんながそこに溜まってしまいま す。 シング ルパーティーエリアでしかできないこととか何かマルチパーティーエリアで溜まりにくくする方法 をPSO2に 追加してほしい。

今の限回避がだめだと思うので、回数をつけるか、PPを消費するか、回避をもっと制限してほし い。[/spoiler-box]

Sephirah
Aug 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
I think putting a list together and translating it is a great idea.

Boss Rush Mode - Killing bosses back to back

Personal Transportation (ex: Hoverbikes to speed up running through un-needed areas, would also allow for new types of level/boss encounter design and puzzles to be added)

PvP Quests

Free for all and team based objectives

Personal Statistic Report at the end of quests. - When you finish a quest, the window that tells you which rank you got, it would be nice if you could click to the next page and have a report of your characters performance in that quest.

Bare Minimum of Information wanted:
You would only see this information about your own character
Total Damage Done
Total Healing Done

Wishlist of Information wanted:
An individual character report, as well as a group summary with truncated version of report
Total Damage Done
Total Healing Done
Total Damage Taken
Total Kills
Total Deaths
Total times you revived party members
Total Hits
Total Critical Hits
Total Weakspot Hits
Total EXP earned
Total Meseta gained
Total items dropped
Total useful items dropped (5/6+ star items?)
Highest Damage Done
Highest Damage Taken
Emergency Codes Completed
Emergency Codes Failed

Hidden weapon effects - like in PSO Ep. I&II

Unique Armor Auras - like in PSO Ep. I&II

Individual chat windows - with functionality to be minimized

Gunslash Gear - skill for all classes

Mini-games

Hoverbike Racing (self explanitory)
Rappy Roulette (dropping rappies on a board divided into different squares, have something panic the rappies, maybe let the players attack them. Place bets on where they trip and fall after being panicked.)
Some kind of Card Game - players could initiate 1 on 1 battles in lobby/MyRoom
Shooting Range - Over the shoulder aiming, no lock-on. Different levels of difficulty with stationary/moving targets (picture the shooting range in zelda ocarina of time, or resident evil 4) All classes could participate with gunslash.
Whack-A-Mag (whack-a-mole with mags)

Hmm... that's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I'll be adding more though.

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 11:22 AM
^
^
I don't think they are looking for that kind of suggestion. at least not yet. From the total of the sakai post. I think he mention more about opinion of balance adjustment only.

But anyway we will have to see when they release the survey to know it for sure what kind of idea they want.
although it is better to just put a few prioritize idea for the chance of them to easy implement rather than many ideas together and they can't follow all.

Sephirah
Aug 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
^
^
I don't think they are looking for that kind of suggestion. at least not yet. From the total of the sakai post. I think he mention more about opinion of balance adjustment.

But anyway we will have to see when they release the survey to know it for sure what kind of idea they want.
although it is better to just put a few prioritize idea for the chance of them to easy implement rather than many ideas together and they can't follow all.

Speaking as someone who works in the game industry, there is no such thing as too much feedback. You also have to understand we can make the feedback we submit as simple as possible, they are still going to be getting thousands of different feedback reports from their players. While the big issues that get reported by numerous players are the first ones to get addressed, that doesn't mean that everything else is completely ignored. So you shouldn't let submitting a lot of feedback scare you into thinking you're diluting your own suggestion.

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
It is just hard for them to prioritize it that way when you submit all together. I used to work for student council, and it was crazy sometimes when I saw some students wish for 100 different thing that isn't possible to implement. They don't think about the chance of those stuff to really get implement or not at all. College only has limited fun, it is not easy to grant everything. So I think SEGA would want to focus on more important adjust too. mini-game could be done later.

Not to mention that you gonna burden people to translate a lot too.

Btw, I m curious of what field do you work in game industry?

Sephirah
Aug 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
It is just hard for them to prioritize it that way when you submit all together. Not to mention that you gonna burden people to translate a lot too.

Btw, I m curious of what field do you work in game industry?

To prevent hijacking/derailing this thread, how about you message me. :P

Anyway, carry on with your suggestions people!

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 02:08 AM
Hmm I think they could expand on ranger more... Even though we don't know how much diversity mechgun will have at then end of the day they could have WAY more than just 3 weapons...

Also they should do more for traps. Traps are always whatever outside of PSU's protranser.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 02:12 AM
I think Ranger needs just mechguns and shotguns, then a whole slew of PA's - some even shared between guns. Homing emission and diffuse shell on a shotgun, something like that. That would be in addition to the standard 6 for each weapon, it wouldn't result in fewer choices.

The way it is now, Force will have variety in techs, Hunter in weapons, Ranger in ???. Skilltree-based abilities count, I guess? Maybe if they condense the tree...

Mike
Aug 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Read that wrong, nevermind.

Aka
Aug 27, 2012, 02:20 AM
I like to keep my minimap zoomed so they need to implement an option to STOP THE MINIMAP FROM ZOOMING OUT EVERY FUCKING CODE!

Chik'Tikka
Aug 27, 2012, 02:23 AM
Ranger will have a weapon with a gear that, according to Shogai (who I can't provide a link to at the moment), gets more powerful the more you avoid being hit so they still are the ranged damage dealer.

sounds like a good excuse to max out dive roll advance+^_^+

Also, i wouldn't mind pistols, particularly a top-break revolver oh, and miniguns that throw millions of bullets for like 5 dmg+^_^+

Galax
Aug 27, 2012, 03:42 AM
^Pistols. Yes please.
Also. LK38 would be welcome.

On topicish? Meh. I'd just like to see the Hunter type classes not getting the most weapons...again and again. PSO2 - Hunter - Because everyone gets Gunslash, Hunter has four weapon types. Ranger has three. Force has three. You could say RA and FO have four because Gunslash Melee and Gunslash Ranged, but...HU can do that too. So if you go there, that means Hu has FIVE. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything AGAINST the up close and personal fighters, it was just never my favorite style, and I'm a little tired of HU having variety in one way or another, and sure FO gets all those techs...But how many are you ACTUALLY going to use in one quest? Caves, everything is weak to ice except the dagans, but Grants is so damned powerful anyway why bother. Forest, most everything is weak to fire, Rafoie spam everything dies. Desert...I've just started desert on my ranger, but I see lots of lightning weakness. Mechs don't like the high voltage. I brought a few FO npcs on a run and didn't have to worry about a thing - I barely got touched. Zap zap burn freeze zap freeze heal dodge grants. I could have let them do everything, mob-wise. I can't speak for tundra mines or floating, though.

I think that should be balanced, seeing as FOs, as npcs, just dominate. They die at bosses, but still...I don't believe FOs need another Diga. It was neat, for a while, chucking rocks at people, seeing numbers a few times, and then dead monsters, but it got boring...and at the moment the right combo of NPC invitations and my party is just one huge, neverending Gidiga. Launchers get...so broken. I can understand, it's a truckin GRENADE. They HURT. But when you're lv10 and you hit 1000 to a rock bears face because you combo'd weak bullet from your 1* assault rifle and whipped out your 1* launcher and shot that PA (Divine Grenade?) at his face....It's BROKEN.
I wish it could be remembered it's a game, not a powerhouse race...Wishful thinkin' though. All it is on my end.

EDIT: Also, if you go by chronological order, White Beast is PSU's TTF. ;p

valmont
Aug 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
oh makes the bosses drops more meseta!!!
i just dont see the point to farm bosses if its doesnt drop rares that i want..
so i can farm bosses diablo 2 style like a madman XD

Darki
Aug 27, 2012, 06:31 AM
On the Force department, I have three issues...

1) As it was said already, make techs to be worth to use uncharged. Honestly, I don't know how would this work, but they should do more damage and/or cost much less PP. Currently doing a barrage of Foies and emptying your PP bar might do as much damage as ONE charged version of that tech. I dould be happy if I could just shoot a dozen weak foies like a machinegun to some fast enemies, but currently that'a so useless.

2) Skilltree is heavily imbalanced. Fire branch is too overpowered, with lightning branch being kinda useless , and ice branch is directly useless (also, there are less areas where monsters are weak to lightning or ice). It'd be nice if they revamped Freeze Ignition to have a wider area and give Freeze Boost a much higher boost, and maybe making Photon Flare to last a bit more than 30 secs. In case of Lightning I don't think it's THAT bad, maybe we just need more areas weak to lightning... and making Tech JA boost a bit stronger.

3) I like the talis weapon, but I don't play in TPS mode and I don't like that you gotta wait for the card to come back when you might need it. I think they should give a method to make the weapon to return the card instantly.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
- MORE KICK ATTACKS. I AINT GOT DEM LEGS FOR NOTHIN.

Seriously. D:

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
^Pistols. Yes please.
Also. LK38 would be welcome.

On topicish? Meh. I'd just like to see the Hunter type classes not getting the most weapons...again and again. PSO2 - Hunter - Because everyone gets Gunslash, Hunter has four weapon types. Ranger has three. Force has three. You could say RA and FO have four because Gunslash Melee and Gunslash Ranged, but...HU can do that too. So if you go there, that means Hu has FIVE. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything AGAINST the up close and personal fighters, it was just never my favorite style, and I'm a little tired of HU having variety in one way or another, and sure FO gets all those techs...But how many are you ACTUALLY going to use in one quest? Caves, everything is weak to ice except the dagans, but Grants is so damned powerful anyway why bother. Forest, most everything is weak to fire, Rafoie spam everything dies. Desert...I've just started desert on my ranger, but I see lots of lightning weakness. Mechs don't like the high voltage. I brought a few FO npcs on a run and didn't have to worry about a thing - I barely got touched. Zap zap burn freeze zap freeze heal dodge grants. I could have let them do everything, mob-wise. I can't speak for tundra mines or floating, though.

I think that should be balanced, seeing as FOs, as npcs, just dominate. They die at bosses, but still...I don't believe FOs need another Diga. It was neat, for a while, chucking rocks at people, seeing numbers a few times, and then dead monsters, but it got boring...and at the moment the right combo of NPC invitations and my party is just one huge, neverending Gidiga. Launchers get...so broken. I can understand, it's a truckin GRENADE. They HURT. But when you're lv10 and you hit 1000 to a rock bears face because you combo'd weak bullet from your 1* assault rifle and whipped out your 1* launcher and shot that PA (Divine Grenade?) at his face....It's BROKEN.
I wish it could be remembered it's a game, not a powerhouse race...Wishful thinkin' though. All it is on my end.

EDIT: Also, if you go by chronological order, White Beast is PSU's TTF. ;p

There's some valid points in this, and I agree all classes need good variety. But I just want to point a few things out:
First, hunter weapons are different takes on mostly the same attacks, with a couple weapon-unique attacks. A weapon is less of an extra weapon, and more of a style for that attack. Each weapon is to their PA's what a tech's element is to its attacks. Gifoie/Rabarta/Razonde/Gigrants = Shaker Slide/Nova Strike/Other Cyclone
Second, elements aren't actually resisted by enemies. Their weakness just gets extra damage. A fire-specced force will get more damage out of Gifoie than Rabarta, but then Rabarta's strength isn't necessarily its damage. Same with Gizonde.
Third, due to the nature of gears, to maximize performance in the way rangers can, gears are a requirement. Whereas rangers get 80% extra damage out of their tree for all weapons they can aim, hunters get significantly less - and reduce those lesser bonuses if they actually want to use all the weapons properly. Want to use all 3 weapons with their gears? That'll be 22 SP please. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2IbInqnqDIb4QIbf) Yes, most players will have chosen one way or the other to go, but it costs a tanker 11 more SP to use partisan or WL gear (12 for both), and an offensive player 7 SP just to access sword gear.
Fourth, hunters only have an extra weapon because they direly need it. Hunters don't have the ability to back off and spam attacks to anything resembling usefulness or good damage. They have two ranged attacks - speed rain and sonic arrow. The partisan exists as a weapon designed around mobility and survivability. You aren't anchored during your PA's, so you can jump+block at most points during any PA (with the exception of trick wave, which is wonky as all hell and has much smaller jump/dodge windows). This is there because the class needs something that lets them deal damage while being able to block or dodge instantly. Rangers and forces simply do not need that, they can see any attack coming and move.

So, in that way, hunters and rangers have a similar amount of variety. Rangers are the odd ones out, but then they're also not. Hunters and Forces are forced to specialize due to the nature of their trees. Rangers are not. Hunters have a small selection of PA's that are actually useful in most situations - enough to put them on their palette, that is. They're also mostly on every weapon, just slightly different in function. Someone is sure to claim otherwise, but I find half the partisan PA's leave a lot to desire. Ranger PA's are all fairly good and universally useful, with pretty much the exception of homing emission (which I'm sure many use to great effect, but I never did).

Rangers also have traps, which are seemingly forgotten by most players because they don't make sneak shoot do over 9999 damage. This is another place variety lies for rangers.

Now, as far as force NPC's being the best against mobs, that's because forces are the burst damage AOE class. Their weakness is the downtime they face when they run out of PP and their low health. Bring 3 of them and that downtime may as well not exist, plus everything is perpetually stunlocked. You should try playing the classes into hard mode (or at least desert) to better understand the limits of each class. Normal forest and caves is easy for everyone, it's when there's way more on the screen that things get challenging.

hbmizzle10
Aug 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
1. for the love of god make the playing characters different from one another seriously. whats the point of playing as a HUnewm and Hunewearl if they solely based on a balanced between close range and techniks only to discover that the hunter class can't use techniks? same with newm and wearl rangers. that needs to be changed seriously and fast. to me it seems like just real laziness. they need to put more of a focus on class balancing and differences, now it just seems more on looks rather than play style.
2. no more ripping off weapons from last gen video games. that's getting old, real old
3. make my room free. never understood why they didn't do that yet
4. seriously use something other than gameguard so sega doesn't have to (bleep)ing make maintenance checks every week.
5. no more gatcha(or whatever the hell it's called) it serves no point
6. take the time to care about your game and your fans we deserve better than this.
7. don't blame the players for something that could have been resolved by your staff
8. globalize this game so we won't have content differences
9. have unique rare weapons with unique abilities only for that weapon and nothing else.
10. stop players from abusing the npc system. it shouldn't even be an option in a mmo

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:19 PM
On the Force department, I have three issues...

1) As it was said already, make techs to be worth to use uncharged. Honestly, I don't know how would this work, but they should do more damage and/or cost much less PP. Currently doing a barrage of Foies and emptying your PP bar might do as much damage as ONE charged version of that tech. I dould be happy if I could just shoot a dozen weak foies like a machinegun to some fast enemies, but currently that'a so useless.

You see, this reason I think they made uncharged techs weak to begin with is because they want FOs to be a slow-attacker kind of class. FOs can nuke monsters like lulz, but it takes some time to deliver the punishing.

2) Skilltree is heavily imbalanced. Fire branch is too overpowered, with lightning branch being kinda useless , and ice branch is directly useless (also, there are less areas where monsters are weak to lightning or ice). It'd be nice if they revamped Freeze Ignition to have a wider area and give Freeze Boost a much higher boost, and maybe making Photon Flare to last a bit more than 30 secs. In case of Lightning I don't think it's THAT bad, maybe we just need more areas weak to lightning... and making Tech JA boost a bit stronger.

Now this point I agree with. It's not that the fire tech is any greater than the barta and zonde techs honestly, it's just that the left-hand side of the skill tree is so much better than the right side, that you'd be considered gimp going fully right-sided. I mean, no FO I know goes around without PP regenerate, and that takes at least 10 SP into the left side of the skill tree.

3) I like the talis weapon, but I don't play in TPS mode and I don't like that you gotta wait for the card to come back when you might need it. I think they should give a method to make the weapon to return the card instantly.

I've been playing with Talis since pre-open, and I can assure you that TPS is almost never needed. Want to heal your pals? Aim at the boss, shoot a card, and resta. This works for shifta/anti/deband as well. All the nearby players will receive healing. There's no point in chasing one person with a card if only them will receive the healing.

You don't learn how to use a Talis properly over time, you learn it from experimenting with different card positioning and different techs in different situations. But I can assure you that, to use a talis' full potential, you don't need TPS.

Stuff.

I sorta hafta agree. After playing FO and RA and then playing HU, I realize that the skill tree pretty much makes you "choose" which weapon you want to use. It's not the same as the RA and FO skill tree. RA pretty much has to use both launcher and rifles to be optimal, and FOs can make their skill trees "balanced" and still be excellent in the field.

But the only way to play a hunters' weapons to their fullest is to get their gears, which pressures a player to pick one and main it.
Also, I don't really count gunslash as an extra weapon for FOs. Rangers and HUs naturally have high S-atk and R-atk, while FOs only get to use techs that would deal 3x more damage anyway if they were using a rod/talis.

Darki
Aug 27, 2012, 01:20 PM
1. for the love of god make the playing characters different from one another seriously. whats the point of playing as a HUnewm and Hunewearl if they solely based on a balanced between close range and techniks only to discover that the hunter class can't use techniks? same with newm and wearl rangers. that needs to be changed seriously and fast. to me it seems like just real laziness. they need to put more of a focus on class balancing and differences, now it just seems more on looks rather than play style.

That's what sub-classes are for (apparently).

2. no more ripping off weapons from last gen video games. that's getting old, real old

I half-agree there. Some weapons are fine, specially if this game is going to be tied to the previous ones somehow. What I don't want is that they all get treated almost as godlike rares.

3. make my room free. never understood why they didn't do that yet

My room is an useless commodity. I'm fine with it being premium content. What they should make free is trading.

4. seriously use something other than gameguard so sega doesn't have to (bleep)ing make maintenance checks every week.

Agreed.

5. no more gatcha(or whatever the hell it's called) it serves no point

So no room, no gacha... Where the hell do you expect SEGA to make money from this game?

6. take the time to care about your game and your fans we deserve better than this.
7. don't blame the players for something that could have been resolved by your staff
8. globalize this game so we won't have content differences

Lol I agree but we're asking for some improvements, not for miracles.

9. have unique rare weapons with unique abilities only for that weapon and nothing else.

That'd be cool.

10. stop players from abusing the npc system. it shouldn't even be an option in a mmo

I completely disagree. NPCs are fine. If you don't like them don't use them.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
On 10. I think he was referring to people who bring NPCs to MPs that are farming meseta, on purpose. Which I agree: It's pretty damn annoying.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, there needs to be a "No NPC" option in MPA creation. No, setting a password is not good enough. People can still join with a new party to bring NPC's just to spite you and you can't kick them.

Darki
Aug 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
You see, this reason I think they made uncharged techs weak to begin with is because they want FOs to be a slow-attacker kind of class. FOs can nuke monsters like lulz, but it takes some time to deliver the punishing.

If that was the case, then why didn't they make techs just slow-casting and that's all? Like, you tap the button and then your character "charges" directly.

My problem is that I'm of the oppinion that, "if you put it in the game, make it fucking worth the effort using, if you don't plan to make it useful then it's not neccesary". If they wanted Forces to be slow casters then they didn't need to add the useless fast-casted techs with no use whatsoever.

We do have fast-firing techs. So I think they should make them useful in some way. Having them for nothing is just lame.

Now this point I agree with. It's not that the fire tech is any greater than the barta and zonde techs honestly, it's just that the left-hand side of the skill tree is so much better than the right side, that you'd be considered gimp going fully right-sided. I mean, no FO I know goes around without PP regenerate, and that takes at least 10 SP into the left side of the skill tree.

The problem is mainly the aviability of enemies weak to fire and the fact that, as we discussed in the previous paragraph, charged techs are so useful, so even if you wanna go use lightning or ice, you'd be getting Tech Charge Advance.

If there were much more enemies weak to lightning, that side of the skilltree is not THAT bad. You get Bolt PP save, you get more PP skills, you get tech JA bonus... Those skills would mean a serious hurt if it wasn't that like 85% of the enemies in the game are weak to fire, so it's not worth getting those techs. If they made those skills more attractive (making the Tech JA bonus more rewarding, for example, and turning the non-JA bonus into a JA bonus 2, I seriously don't understand why would they want us to not to use JAs), more people would go that way. The skills are cool, specially Razonde. They have the potential, but not too good development.

In the case of the ice branch, I just feel they didn't really know wtf to do in that part. The fire branch seems intended to go with speed, lightning with less cost, and ice I'd say, with raw power, but the skills all go wrong. At least they should make Freeze Ignition a tech with as much range as Gibarta, so you can nuke a couple monsters with it at the same time.

In any case, the main problem is lack of targets. We're getting two new maps in the future that we know of, one is some sort of second forest and the other seems to be the darkers hive... and I doubt those places are going to hold monsters weak to lightning or ice. We NEED more areas with those weakness.

I've been playing with Talis since pre-open, and I can assure you that TPS is almost never needed. Want to heal your pals? Aim at the boss, shoot a card, and resta. This works for shifta/anti/deband as well. All the nearby players will receive healing. There's no point in chasing one person with a card if only them will receive the healing.

You don't learn how to use a Talis properly over time, you learn it from experimenting with different card positioning and different techs in different situations. But I can assure you that, to use a talis' full potential, you don't need TPS.

I was talking about the fact that to "call" your card back you gotta aim through a wall or the floor so it comes back, something that is kinda hard without TPS. I love using all aviable weapons in this game, and I've been using Talis (specially for boss fights and emervency codes) all the time, but I still find that the weapon should have a "recall" system, somehow.

For example, the second attack could be a "card boomerang" that through it back to your hand. If you're just positioning the card to use techs, you don't need to do a full combo. if you're recovering PP you wouldn't really mind that action.

So, the Talis combo would be something like "throw -> recall -> throw". if you need to use Resta on yourself and the talis is at the other side of the room you just mash the button twice and you get it back.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
I know they are coming up with a survey soon, but I'm highly skeptical about it.
They might ask us:

"How do you feel about being able to bring NPCs with you in quests?"
1 very upset about it
2 upset about it
3 nuetral
4 content with it
5 very content with it

You answer 1, and npcs removed. What then?

Darki
Aug 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, there needs to be a "No NPC" option in MPA creation. No, setting a password is not good enough. People can still join with a new party to bring NPC's just to spite you and you can't kick them.

That is a good suggestion.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
I know they are coming up with a survey soon, but I'm highly skeptical about it.
They might ask us:

"How do you feel about being able to bring NPCs with you in quests?"
1 very upset about it
2 upset about it
3 nuetral
4 content with it
5 very content with it

You answer 1, and it and npcs removed. What then?

That's a weird, instantly negative way of thinking way too far into things you have there... o_o

Usually even if they DID have a question like that. Their best interest is to come up with a compromise between the divided players on the "issue." D:

I think.

Like when everyone was like "RARES SHOULDN'T BE TRADE-ABLE" and instead of straight up making them untradable, they just made them bind on equip.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
People were saying that? But PSO depended on common rares becoming cheaper for low level players, it was something to strive for and kept the PD's flowing. PD's were the de facto endgame currency.

Now common rares are just a disaster due to the grinding system.

That reminds me: 7* rares need to grind more like 6* rares and less like 8* rares (when 6*'s are added, that is, I assume they'll function a bit more difficult than 5*). Far better success, far less penalty for failing, and just 1 grinder per grind attempt.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
People were saying that? But PSO depended on common rares becoming cheaper for low level players, it was something to strive for and kept the PD's flowing. PD's were the de facto endgame currency.

Now common rares are just a disaster due to the grinding system.

That reminds me: 7* rares need to grind more like 6* rares and less like 8* rares.

Yeah they were...

JP players included, hell I think it was mostly them since they're SEGA's direct feedback.

I think a lot of the JP fanbase still mostly comes from portable games. So it'd be understandable. But this one is an actual serious online PS...

Rare being un-tradeable = My Shop becomes a joke. and there's no economy and that's minus a community aspect and also nobody would buy premium or my shop stuff and then we could buy AC outfits for meseta and everyone would be fucked.

Of course a lot of people would a disagree, and there's a series of changes that you could do to work with non-tradeable whatevers, (even though that'll make a completely opposite group of people unhappy.) But that's too bad. Things are already set!

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
Honestly I don't think it needs a "card boomerang."
Just cut the recall time by half.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
That's a weird, instantly negative way of thinking way too far into things you have there... o_o

Usually even if they DID have a question like that. Their best interest is to come up with a compromise between the divided players on the "issue." D:

I think.

Like when everyone was like "RARES SHOULDN'T BE TRADE-ABLE" and instead of straight up making them untradable, they just made them bind on equip.

Because that's how surveys fundamentally work. They are the cheapest and fastest way of retrieving a populations most general opinion on a subject.

I wouldn't associate skepticism with negativity though.

EDIT: Woops double post.

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
Because that's how surveys fundamentally work. They are the cheapest and fastest way of retrieving a populations most general opinion on a subject.

I wouldn't associate skepticism with negativity though.

EDIT: Woops double post.

Well like I said in the next three sentences of my post...

They wouldn't just make a clean one-sided "fix" like that.

If anything they would go about it like gigawut's suggestion of making it so that you can open MPA's with NPC's turned off.

hbmizzle10
Aug 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
i just wish sega wasn't so dang lazy. i bet you the next phantasy star game is going to be"you do what the (bleep) you want. you make it. you create it. do what ever. apparently us developers dont know what the (bleep) to do. it's all yours buddy have fun."

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
i just wish sega wasn't so dang lazy. i bet you the next phantasy star game is going to be"you do what the (bleep) you want. you make it. you create it. do what ever. apparently us developers dont know what the (bleep) to do. it's all yours buddy have fun."

That'd be the best game ever

Seeing as how everyone here could do such a better job!

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
Er, no, the next PS game will be blatantly pay to win. Sega's discovered just how much money people will pay for hats bikinis and how much time and e-money they'll throw at affixes that result in less than 5% more damage.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure there has to be a good PvP before something gets Pay-to-win.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
PVP is going to be implemented, that comes from Sakai himself. It's part of their plan to appeal to a Korean audience.

But that's a whole different thread (That I would probably be very active in).

NoiseHERO
Aug 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
PVP is going to be implemented, that comes from Sakai himself. It's part of their plan to appeal to a Korean audience.

But that's a whole different thread (That I would probably be very active in).

As much as I want PVP or Battle mode...

I don't think he ever gave a 100% OK towards PVP being implemented.

He said IF this game comes out and Korea he'd CONSIDER it...

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Oh? I thought it was confirmed.

Hooray! Shitty Korean MMO style PVP isn't confirmed!

Galax
Aug 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
I don't mind PVP. I really don't.

But I thought the basis of the FRANCHISE here was TEAMWORK. The three/four races working together and overcoming a common foe and the like. Not going to an arena and bashing the shit out of each other. While I understand that some people like that option in a game, and that at the endgame in PSO you could do Ult Episode 1 and 2 runs on battlemode so you had to aim to not kill your teammates, but I don't get how it fits.

As to getting FO to desert, from a few pages ago, I did play mine in desert. He got destroyed. My teammates spent half the run reviving me, and I didn't even bother to attack anything most of the time - I was just buffing and healing. I think my FO npcs are broken because they have INFINITE PP...or at least it seems like it. The amount of techs they sling around...No way it's limited. Removing that factor from FOs just makes them death incarnate, especially in groups. And I don't get rangers having the 80% damage boost for ANY aimable weapon - that's too much. Cut that down or make it affect each weapon type differently, but launchers don't even need 50%, much less 80.

On Hunter, I wasn't aware of that - Like I said, I've never favored it. Something about pure up-close-and-personal just...irks me. Not my style. I still feel limited in that I have, as a Ranger, three and a half combat styles. I use my launcher to lay down high damage at the cost of being in the enemies faces with Divine Launcher, Zero Distance, and Rodeo Drive - the same combat style here is accomplished when I use a rifle with Grenade Shell, One Point, and Diffuse Shell. I could change to a rifle I've outfitted for long range, with Piercing Shell, Sneak Shooter, and Homing Emission - The same thing is done here, although at a bit of smaller distance between me and my enemies, with a Launcher outfitted with Cluster Bullet, Cracker Bullet, and Concentrate One. The only attack setup I use often that I've yet to copy to Launchers is using rifles with either Grenade Shell, Piercing Shell, and Diffuse Shell, or replacing Diffuse Shell with Homing Emission. I don't know what I can put in for more variety on those weapons - I'm about to experiment with a Gunblade and see if it can make things less...boring.

Lostbob117
Aug 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Abilities that add Attack Speed or Movement Speed.

valmont
Aug 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
recolor weapon ticket? XD

DemonDante92
Aug 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
I agree with valmont, being able to change the color of your weapons would be nice. And I think having some kind of casino like in PSU would be cool but you could bet with FUN points

MCF
Aug 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
new interactive action lobbies with other players or npc

UNIQUE WEAPON MAKING THEM UNIQUE
own
sound effect
projectile
personification (color, vandals, add ons)
good looking
special animations (like heat dispers too cool the weapon when reloading, or unique way of handling the weapon)
and for everyone's favorite special PA that weapon can only do!
(the only launcher i wanted was photon launcher for being unique from the rest of the launcher)
(for people playing dragon nest you know this one)

making 7* to 9* or 10* (in the future) re-seal or to unbind items...
or making an premium item(hey sega you can sell this) or RARE loot-able item than can re-seal or to unbind items

re-resign/re-enginner/fix the CHAT
(srsly having problems with switching to public/team/party and pm)

new codes
new hair style
new voice
new cloths
new accesories
new weapons
new weapon class
new class
new race
new PA
new tech
new map
new mobs
new lobby extention (public places like park, pool, city section, traven with npc quest)

cloths can be variable
top lower foot wear

No NPC option for MPA maps (annoying or forever alone or troll people dunno which)

make mobs higher hp by 5% per person in the map and 1% or 2% on atk damage
and boss 50% more hp per player(this way complaining HU and FO will stop complaining about weak bullet and will actually ask them) and 1% or 2% more damage per player
(for player/people who are going to ask buffs more than 5% to 10% attack srsly?
i even get 1hit ko when i fail to roll(dodge on RA) in FI boss ragne's x2 lighting and quart's laser rain thingy ( i have 655 hp -_- and +10 vol unit set)
do you want to get 1hit ko that badly are you guys/girl masochist or something?
and not all RA can do 9999 damage -_- )
and they are going to do very hardmode right?
also BETTER MOSNTER/MOB AI and AOE damage or skill(boss only have aoe tech damage? O_o )
spawn 3 or 5 more mobs every player in MPA

make a code that all darker or native boss appears at once (x2 quarts and Caterdra'nsa) or (x2 ragne and ???)
put special EPIC memorable bgm when boss appears
diffrent boss diffrent bgm...
boss drop MORE METSA!!!
better boss AI

put mini-games (interesting mini-games with fun points rewards when weekly ranking for specific mini games comes up)

forgot the others :p

hbmizzle10
Aug 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
dude why don't we make our own phantasy star game? ( i know for obvious reasons)
i mean it can happen can it? CAN IT?!

Dr.No
Aug 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
Personally I'd like...

Exp full popping up message to be disabled. There's no point in showing this message over and over again. It's like the game is trying to guilt trip me for reaching the level cap!
Casts should be able to hover in fleshie clothes (aka tuxs and swimsuits). What? It'd be humorous and awesome!

Increased enemy numbers, it'd be more epic that way. :D Along with more active enemies as well.
Freeze Ignition should have more uses, right now it's just kind of...pointless. Then again, I think the Freeze status effect should be improved as well by allowing more hits before the enemy is unfrozen.
More things to do when a player reaches level cap, anything will do really. Perhaps rewarding players with a bit of FUN points for gaining levels after the cap?

sexyslut
Aug 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
I want the ability to convert EXPFULL -> MESETA

-Like a special container to capture all the EXP and then you could sell it at the shop. Or to newbys LOL

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 05:40 PM
EXP FULL is fine. It's there to tell you that you killed it.

I'm really not sure why anyone is bothered by it, but if they are I agree there should be an option to disable it from popping up.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
Instead of "EXP FULL" I'd rather get a series of randomly generated engrish compliments like...

"VIEWTIFUL"

"AWESOME"

"COOL"

"RAD"

"MURDER!"

"HEAD SHOT!"

"KILL STREAK"

"ROCK ON!"

"NICE!"

"AMAZING!"

"HOT HOT HOT!"

"TOASTY!"

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Instead of "EXP FULL" I'd rather get a series of randomly generated engrish compliments like...

"VIEWTIFUL"

"AWESOME"

"COOL"

"RAD"

"MURDER!"

"HEAD SHOT!"

"KILL STREAK"

"ROCK ON!"

"NICE!"

"AMAZING!"

"HOT HOT HOT!"

"TOASTY!"

And why not some of these (https://www.google.com/search?q=batman+sound+effect+graphics&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS473US473&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D13&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=x009UO-IGYSi8gTryoGoCQ&biw=1440&bih=796&sei=1009UKHqM4a88AS4o4GQDA) too!

sexyslut
Aug 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Would even be fine with EXPFULL if you could change the font to be pink hearts and sparkles.

Alucard V
Aug 28, 2012, 06:26 PM

"VIEWTIFUL"

"AWESOME"

"COOL"

"RAD"

"MURDER!"

"HEAD SHOT!"

"KILL STREAK"

"ROCK ON!"

"NICE!"

"AMAZING!"

"HOT HOT HOT!"

"TOASTY!"

SMOKE'N

SMOKE'N STYLE

SICK SMOKE'N STYLE

Or what ever DMC4 did for a Triple S Combo.

Aside from that little things like Ryuker would be nice and maybe race skill trees so playing as a Cast feels like playing as a PSO Cast.

sexyslut
Aug 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
As for minigames, they should make them room items like trick darts. But i dunno what games they should b. :/

Gama
Aug 28, 2012, 06:49 PM

"VIEWTIFUL"

"AWESOME"

"COOL"

"RAD"

"MURDER!"

"HEAD SHOT!"

"KILL STREAK"

"ROCK ON!"

"NICE!"

"AMAZING!"

"HOT HOT HOT!"

"TOASTY!"

that would be amazing. if the sounds resembled something like unreal tournament, or mortal combat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFWv1cNhOQ

sexyslut
Aug 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
Can you imagine how cacophonous that would sound during a pilot protect or a pse burst?

-better make the sound effect just for bosses if you want it to have the same impact as opposed to hearing that for every dagan and oodan lol

Dr.No
Aug 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
EXP FULL is fine. It's there to tell you that you killed it.

I'm really not sure why anyone is bothered by it, but if they are I agree there should be an option to disable it from popping up.

Because it's unnecessary clutter on the screen when you're at the cap. It's not really needed since most monsters give out obvious signs that they're dead either way (especially considering that they can drop items when they're dead).

It may be minor, but it'd be nice to see the message disabled since I recall that PSPo2 did that.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
I'm more fussed over these shitty cut in faces. Jesus christ stop covering my fucking screen.

And make chat boxes stop covering the minimap too, that's irritating as fuck.

Agitated_AT
Aug 28, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm only excited for the survey

Gardios
Aug 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Was said on the first page, but it's something I really want - rare weapons being unique. By that I mean that they don't just have higher stats (which makes other rares obsolete quite easily) or special affixes like Another History, but something that can't be gotten otherwise easily and thus define the rare.

Examples for that could be stuff like
recover 1% of your health on every 10th normal attack
Sword Gear depletes slower
low chance to inflict 20% of the enemy's current health as damage on every normal attack
chance to cast Gigrants Lv 1 on every normal attack
increase damage of Rising Edge by 10%
Rising Edge Lv +2
increase invoked buff duration by 20%
allows use of Foie

I don't care what we get, I just want rares that don't just look, but actually are special.