PDA

View Full Version : Reverser?

LokinModar
Aug 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Is there the reverser technique in this game? I saw someone selling a light lvl 1 technique for 330k in the store. I did not have it (i could use it so it means i did not have it yet...)

Strange...

HFlowen
Aug 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
Not currently in game.

In the future? I dunno, I don't think I saw anything reverser-ish in that hacked techs video.

Tyruka
Aug 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
It would be nice if there was. So when we die. someone or a npc can cast to revive us instead of going all the way back during a boss battle. Well that's my opinion anyways

CyberNei
Aug 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
PSU didn't have it too. Giresta appeared only when AoTI came out.
If they gonna add any revival technique here, we probably have to wait year or two.

Well, nobody will buy scape dolls if reviving is easy, right? It's all about money, i bet.

Arika
Aug 26, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well, nobody will buy scape dolls if reviving is easy, right? It's all about money, i bet.

same as moon too. and I think it is good for revive to be in limited chance.
It is 5 moon per person, which mean a full party can have 4x5 = 20 revive chance already. way too many.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
Oh, I know, let's put the spell in, but give it a random chance to revive.

People love random chance, right? Right?

Galax
Aug 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
PSU didn't have it too. Giresta appeared only when AoTI came out.
If they gonna add any revival technique here, we probably have to wait year or two.

PSU had Giresta Pre-AoTI. It's in Storymode and Extramode, for one. Also, back when Protranser was lolcrap with all A-Ranks and the popular mission was Her Secret Mission in the Neudaiz GUARDIANS Branch, I had an ally cast Giresta while we were opening that one...I think it's like four person gate, but one of the buttons is halfway across the map. While we waited, he took out his wand and started a Giresta. The reason nobody seemed to have it before AoTI? It took FOREVER to cast, and 99 PA Frags meant 99 S runs. I don't even remember if there were S2s yet.

Then AoTI came out and beasted Protranser, added two new classes with two new weapons to match, and by that time we had S2s I believe? Things just got easier in general, making PA frags a non-issue either then or soon thereafter.

IzzyData
Aug 26, 2012, 12:45 PM
It seems rather game breaking at this point because it would be so easy to reverser spam and never not get an s-rank on something. Pretty sure you can only hold 5 moon atomizers instead of 10 for a reason.

If there was a Reverser spell it would have to revive you at the cost of a death in terms of ranking.

Jonth
Aug 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
I don't really see an issue. It's always been one of the benefits of being a Force. It's not too often you need to rez people more than 5 times in a mission anyway right? I would just figure Reverser would be more of a money saver than a benefit in terms of making a mission easier or more possible.

I mean if it's that big of an issue, make it a tech that requires like 10 seconds to cast, thereby making it near impossible to cast in a boss battle if you got aggro. Whatever though.

It's also not like it helps you any more than atomizers if you are soloing. Oh, I really don't think NPCs should be allowed to cast it in any case.

Gama
Aug 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
dont think its needed, i did like how it granted hp regen tho

ScottyMango
Aug 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
The game is already faaar too easy. Giving people infinite revives would just be.. lol

Garnet_Moon
Aug 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
Oh, I know, let's put the spell in, but give it a random chance to revive.

People love random chance, right? Right?

Every cast of Reverser should, in addition to having a random effect, charge 15,000 meseta per cast. Where does that meseta go? To everybodys favorite space ship worker! Doo Doo!

That solid gold, precious gem encrusted statue of his likeness big enough to be seen from space won't fund itself y'know. A portion of that fee will also go towards his political campaign to become presidente for all ARKS. Additionally, it comes with a 70% chance to NOT remove all weapon attributes and abilities each cast. If you've ground weapons with Doo Doo, you know what 70% means! It means you and him will get to see each other LOTS more in the future! <3

Enforcer MKV
Aug 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
Every cast of Reverser should, in addition to having a random effect, charge 15,000 meseta per cast. Where does that meseta go? To everybodys favorite space ship worker! Doo Doo!

That solid gold, precious gem encrusted statue of his likeness big enough to be seen from space won't fund itself y'know. A portion of that fee will also go towards his political campaign to become presidente for all ARKS. Additionally, it comes with a 70% chance to NOT remove all weapon attributes and abilities each cast. If you've ground weapons with Doo Doo, you know what 70% means! It means you and him will get to see each other LOTS more in the future! <3

I completely lost it. :lol:

Thanks for that. That was grand.

Dan Maku
Aug 26, 2012, 03:56 PM
I doubt Reverser will be implemented., considering that a high-level player with Reverser would basically render Scapedolls useless, which would cut into money for ACs...

Omega-z
Aug 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
"IF" they did add it in. I would have to be a chance spell with effect's. Something like a 50% chance( if chances are not on your side nothing happen's other then the time it takes) that takes 5 and 10 sec's to cast. When casting the Normal version Adds 1 hp to the Player and adds the Panic Effect to the castor. The Charged version would be like Nei's ability from PSII where you sacrifice your own HP and gives it to your friend instead (Like 2/3 of your hp). And if you don't have enough HP afterward's you die instead, If you do you become Panic again. After the cast it would have a 10 minute cooldown. the amination would like the dragon castor's hp heal spell. Thoughts?

Mystil
Aug 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
I didn't know people actually bought scape dolls..

Coatl
Aug 26, 2012, 05:05 PM

Oh my god..
You owe me a new lung.

Anyway having a revival tech would just be so broken lol.
I can't even consider it.

Jonth
Aug 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
I don't see how it's that broken... I mean, I know what people are saying, infinite revives and all that, but... Just put like a 10 minute cool-down on it or something. They already have skills with cool-downs, so it wouldn't be hard to do, and it doesn't over complicate the whole process. It's just that it is a staple of the series, and it is hard for me to see it not implemented in some way. I mean heck, they're even bringing back Zan techs. Which is awesome.

moorebounce
Aug 26, 2012, 06:30 PM
I didn't know people actually bought scape dolls..

I actually bought one. I had the Vol Dragon on the ropes and he hit me hard killing me. I said fuck that not after doing all that work and being so close to killing him. I bought it then beat him and got my client order filled. I know one thing I'll never do that again. They cost 250AC.

Ogni-XR21
Aug 27, 2012, 05:53 AM
Moon Atomziers are also unlimited, you can alway go and buy more. Don't see how it's supposed to be game breaking having unlimited reverser.

Sp-24
Aug 27, 2012, 06:22 AM
You can't go back during a boss fight and going back to shop takes time, which may be vital in a timed mission. But, with that said, I don't think that Reverser would be broken, either. It definitely isn't going to compete with Scape Dolls, since you can't cast techs while dead, and there is plenty of ways to make things harder for the caster so that Reverser doesn't overshadow Moon Atomizer in every way.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
Everybody has unlimited PP.
Nobody has unlimited moons.

Yes, maybe putting a cooldown on it would make it less "broken". But then, what's the point?

Jonth
Aug 27, 2012, 07:40 PM
Everybody has unlimited PP.
Nobody has unlimited moons.

Yes, maybe putting a cooldown on it would make it less "broken". But then, what's the point?

Okay... Maybe you mean what's the point in a 10 minute cooldown? What about a 5 minute cooldown? 10 minutes was an arbitrary number I threw out as an example, and was not meant as the only implied solution. If 10 minutes is too long and makes the tech pointless, make it 5 minutes or even less to make it useful but not broken. The point is, there are things that can be done to it to make it useful but not broken.

Maybe put a 5 minute cooldown on it, make it revive and add a 30 second HP regen effect... Or better yet, PP regen rate increase. Then you have to decide if you want to use it for the side effect, or save it for a dire situation.