PDA

View Full Version : What mag would you guys reccomend for a ranger?

HuslerOne
Aug 27, 2012, 01:54 PM
I hear orion's pretty good for PP regen, which means I could spam more after weakshotting but I dont want to hinder my r-attack and I dont want to miss out on end game gear. Should I got for a pure ranged mag?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
equal amount of r-atk (from feeding rifles and such) with equal amount of r-def (from feeding it arm armor) and let skill/ability level with those+^_^+ you'll get a mag that kinda looks like a Cylon Raider+^_^+
http://bsgonlinegame.com/game/raider.png
http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mag03.png?w=1200&h=
very sexy+^_^+

Slidikins
Aug 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'm not Lv40 but I wouldn't go pure. Depending on your skill build, you'll have to figure out how much R-Def you need for equipment. A good majority of the rest will go into R-Atk I'm sure (at least enough for your equips too) but I think Ability is pretty solid on a Ranger. I would nab a little bit of it at least.

Someone with more experience can be more specific, I'm sure.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 02:16 PM
stuff

That's the mag I have on my ranger. And yes, it's very sexy indeed. :3

Also, you need at least +18 R-def on a caseal (depending what race/gender you are it is different) to wear the rare vent units you see all the rangers wear.
I didn't like the vol units very much, so I didn't bother putting anymore than I had to.

If they do come out with new units, it will be with the lv50 cap lv200 mag cap anyway, so I'm not worried.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
stuff +^_^+That's the mag I have on my ranger. And yes, it's very sexy indeed. :3

Also, you need at least +18 R-def on a caseal (depending what race/gender you are it is different) to wear the rare vent units you see all the rangers wear.
I didn't like the vol units very much, so I didn't bother putting anymore than I had to.

If they do come out with new units, it will be with the lv50 cap lv200 mag cap anyway, so I'm not worried.

Fixed+^_^+ and yeah, you want to have good armor+^_^+ i never did complete my set of ranger armor (the arm piece never dropped for me, and now we're all doing FI MPAs) +^_^+ and i'm looking forward to what new mags gonna look like+^_^+ hope they stay with the space fighter airplane motif+^_^+

Alenoir
Aug 27, 2012, 02:34 PM

They did came out with new units, the Blitz set. Requires 422 R-DEF to equip and I think only comes out from the red e-trials in floating islands at the moment.

Coatl
Aug 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
They did came out with new units, the Blitz set. Requires 422 R-DEF to equip and I think only comes out from the red e-trials in floating islands at the moment.

Yeah, I saw those. Though to be honest I'm not a fan of having a huge lightning-bolt across my back, so I wasn't to thrilled about them.

Also they are incredibly expensive. @_@
Like 1.6mil each.

Alenoir
Aug 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I saw those. Though to be honest I'm not a fan of having a huge lightning-bolt across my back, so I wasn't to thrilled about them.

Also they are incredibly expensive. @_@
Like 1.6mil each.
Yeah I think they come from that timed egg/sample collection e-trial, and that one's extremely hard to complete. D;

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
equal amount of r-atk (from feeding rifles and such) with equal amount of r-def (from feeding it arm armor) and let skill/ability level with those+^_^+ you'll get a mag that kinda looks like a Cylon Raider+^_^+
http://bsgonlinegame.com/game/raider.png
http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mag03.png?w=1200&h=
very sexy+^_^+

I love that mag

Stepper
Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
It's actually possible to get an Orion mag with up to 117 ranged, if you're dedicated enough to do the level-skipping method.

Another option is Corvus, which in my opinion gets a slightly better auto ability than Cepheus (PP regen on max PB gauge vs. invincibility) and is the only mag with a R-ATK-based PB.

HuslerOne
Aug 27, 2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah im currently looking into level skippings, its very confusing at the moment. But on the subject after looking at banjos mag guide it says that in order to get leo striking has to be > over ability? I thought leo was an ability mag? Also how does one level skip without putting levels into stats you dont need? For example lets say I want a leo to have one of the common builds like 119 strike, 31 ability but also want to evolve it into lyra first for the heal j skill.

How does one achieve this by level skipping without putting levels into stats you dont need, or is that not possible? I mean leveling your mag to level 95 while keeping your mags dex at 31 while level skipping seems pretty difficult and money gusting. Can someone elaborate on how this is done because I plan on having my hunter to have a leo with heal J and dont want to mess anything up.

Mystil
Aug 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah im currently looking into level skippings, its very confusing at the moment. But on the subject after looking at banjos mag guide it says that in order to get leo striking has to be > over ability? I thought leo was an ability mag?

Leo is the striking variant of the ability branch. To achieve Leo, you have to keep Antlia until 95. At 100, (or whenever after) striking has to be the dominant stat to achieve Leo.

To put level skipping in the simpliest terms, it is gaining 2 levels by leveling 2 stats at the same time. You do this before each evolution check(every 5 levels) so that it wont evolve as it will skip the check(ex. lvl34 becomes 36 with level skipping). This is the primary method to getting Leo. You can level skip to keep striking higher til 100. This way you wont have a bunch of ability if you want more s-atk/def.

Spellbinder
Aug 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah im currently looking into level skippings, its very confusing at the moment. But on the subject after looking at banjos mag guide it says that in order to get leo striking has to be > over ability? I thought leo was an ability mag? Also how does one level skip without putting levels into stats you dont need? For example lets say I want a leo to have one of the common builds like 119 strike, 31 ability but also want to evolve it into lyra first for the heal j skill.

How does one achieve this by level skipping without putting levels into stats you dont need, or is that not possible? I mean leveling your mag to level 95 while keeping your mags dex at 31 while level skipping seems pretty difficult and money gusting. Can someone elaborate on how this is done because I plan on having my hunter to have a leo with heal J and dont want to mess anything up.

It takes time but it's doable.

For your example, you want a Leo (striking the highest stat) when it gets to 100 which comes from Antlia. However, you want it to be a Lyra first for heal J. You could follow a path similar to what I did for an Apus.

Step 1: Level Striking to 16 (using weapons, ability will rise a few levels)
Step 2: Level Ability to 14 (using disks, only ability will go up)

From this, you'll have Striking higher than the other stats, giving you a Lyra with Heal J.

Step 3: Raise ability to 19

Using disks, you'll have Striking 16 and Ability 19 (Lv 35), which should change it into Antlia.

The next part is where it gets a little complicated, and I suggest using a mag calculator to plot it out.

I've never raised a striking mag, but I'd use a combination of two items to make sure Striking and Ability level at the same time, skipping over levels that are a multiple of 5.

For example with my mag.

I used a combination of force weapons and trimates to raise only Tech-attack until 39, so it had 20 Tech-attack and 19 Ability, then I made sure they both leveled together, allowing me to skip 40 and go to 41. You would repeat this until the mag reaches level 96.

RocSage
Aug 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
Range MAGs
Fornax (Ajax Proi) [pure]
Cepheus (Ajax Proi) [pure]
Cygnus (Helix Imera) [strike]
Orion (Cetus Nifta) [tech]
Corvus (Julius Imera) [ability]

valmont
Aug 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
corvus ftw..
i think it kinda look like some kind of crab/lobster thingy.. XD

Sephirah
Aug 28, 2012, 07:29 AM
Orion FTW. It looks like a unicorn with a lance/beam cannon :P
[spoiler-box]http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/mag01.png%3Fw%3D764[/spoiler-box]

Z-0
Aug 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Personally, I don't recommend any Defense on your mag, as I believe the "best" units are the 5-star sub units which add HP/PP, and they require ability to wear (and as a ranger, you'll have Ability Up I/II to let you wear those, provided you're going for both Weak Hit Advances).

In other words, pure attack (although this will take a very, very long time to max). Some ability if you want, but not necessary.

If you really want to equip the better rear/arm/leg units though, go for defense.