PDA

View Full Version : Drop Rate Rumors

Sephirah
Aug 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
So I know everyone was talking about the rumor regarding players who have premium having increased drop rates, and last I checked that has already been debunked as false.

What I mainly made this thread about, was I remember a rumor from back in PSO Ep. I&II that your played time increases your drop rates, has anyone noticed something similar yet in PSO2, maybe there is a point to AFKing instead of logging out.

Crysteon
Aug 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
The more you play, the more items you get? That's sorta relative....things will drop sooner or later, but it's only matter of the retarded RNG system this game has.

gravityvx
Aug 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
Trust me, play time does not increase shit on this game, nor does premium. Everything is completely based on a crap RNG.

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
I doubt the dev team would put in anything like that. Sega would get in big trouble if the players found out they coded something like that into the game without telling them.

The more time you spend playing the game, the more quests you do, the more items drop, the more likely you'll find rares. ^^

Silver Crow
Aug 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
all drop rate rumors are false unless proven otherwise. /thread

IzzyData
Aug 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
I feel like you have a higher chance of "something" to drop if you hit the mobs. I was multiboxing and the person I was using to kill everything got 2-3 times more drops. Not rare drops, just drops.

Silver Crow
Aug 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
I feel like you have a higher chance of "something" to drop if you hit the mobs. I was multiboxing and the person I was using to kill everything got 2-3 times more drops. Not rare drops, just drops.

that's... interesting... would you say it happened frequently or..

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 10:35 AM

That's how rumors start!

Sizustar
Aug 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
The only published info on drop rate is translated here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200332

IzzyData
Aug 30, 2012, 11:12 AM

I'll do more testing later. It was a pretty consistent thing over many hours though.

Over an hour of having two characters right next to eachother and only 1 killing all the mobs I'll count how many drops each actually get so I can get an actual number.

Edit: I'll have to pick somewhere where I don't have client orders just incase that alters drop rates even if I didn't count client order drops.