PDA

View Full Version : wind element

Cry0
Aug 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
what's it good for, that fire can't do better?

seriously, I just found an amazing wind sword, and I want to put it to good use, but I already have a fire sword which is equally good and against more enemies...

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
It's good against forest enemies right now. That's it.

I'm expecting the darker planet enemies to be weak against wind, but really it could be anything. Dark element weapons were useless against everything but rappies until the floating islands were released, so those went for super cheap and if you got one you lucked out (like me heh).

jooozek
Aug 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
Wind is good against all boosted enemies, but only to the infected spot.

ScottyMango
Aug 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
Wind was already released?

Man, I'm outta the loop.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
Wind was already released?

Man, I'm outta the loop.

He means the weapon element, not the type of tech.

ScottyMango
Aug 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
...Oh.

hurdurrr

Cry0
Aug 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
hurdurrr
you made my day.

rofl, literally.

Thanks.

D-Inferno
Aug 28, 2012, 08:01 PM
Logic says that the next field map (called Ruins in the data) is going to be weak to Wind. It supposedly shares the same planet with Forest and Tundra, and the former is weak to Wind (likely so that Techer can make good use of Zan/Gizan/Razan/ect when playing through it.

The next boss is probably going to be a big Darker Fish (the Electric weak ones), since we need another one besides Ragne.

"DarkFalzSeal" (that Darker area) is probably just going to be all Darkers. Light %s and Grants will likely dominate said area, as well as Fire and Thunder.

Coatl
Aug 28, 2012, 09:22 PM
Or you know, ruins could have a giant colossal-sized golem. I suggest that if it's a REALLY good sword with a good element number on it, keep it until ruins. It will serve its purpose nicely there.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
You just need 1 element for EVERYTHING.

I've done many test with 50 elemental weapons.

Any element does the same damage on anything even fire vs fire lmao.

I dont know if the elements are bugged but that's how they work atm.

Coatl
Aug 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
You just need 1 element for EVERYTHING.

I've done many test with 50 elemental weapons.

Any element does the same damage on anything even fire vs fire lmao.

I dont know if the elements are bugged but that's how they work atm.

It's not the same damage.
There is a 4% damage increase when hitting an enemy with an element of their weakness.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 09:37 PM
I sure as hell dont see it.

I've did some testing with 50 fire 50 lighting 50dark and 50light it all seemed the same to me.

For example I had a Alva Gunir (5* spear) in lighting and light I was fighting the lvl 38 darkers in the city with the lighting one doing around 310 with each hit of speed rain. The weps were +10 volsoul power3.

Then I was like "Oh cool now let me use my light one, it should do way more damage!! ^-^"

I start using speed rain...

*is disapointed big time*

I seriously hitting the same numbers outside of the random factor.

hell at times it seems like the lighting one was hitting HIGHER numbers!!! I was like dafuq?!!!

I wish you were there so I could prove it to you.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
You need to look for crits on identical hitboxes, e.g. yeti butts.

Coatl
Aug 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
Well 4% is 4%.
It will only make a difference with big numbers, like in the four digits.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
Shouldn't it be the same? The hit box shouldn't matter.

Sure if I hit a yeti's ass i'ma do way more damage because it's his weak spot, but the elemental difference will be the same. So if I was doing 310 on normal darkers with lighting and light ima do like 650 on the yeti's ass with both elements.

It wont make a difference.

This si coming from an elemental nutt too. Had all 50% on 360 psu and all 45+ on jp psu. I came with the same mentality to pso2.

All of my weapons where 50 elemental. Until i discovered that the element that the creatures were weak to didn't really add any damage :x

Of course, I have not tested this out with 50 fire/whatever 9* weapons for the obvious reason lol.

Well if it is indeed 4% boost as Coalt says then I guess you are right you're only gonna see a slight difference in the 4 digit numbers.

As for speed rain it was exactly the same to be completely honest.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
Different hitboxes have different resistances.

Arms take more/less damage than torsos, etc.

So, yes, it matters.

edit: Also, different attacks in combos have different multipliers. For swords, attack 1 has a higher multiplier than attack 2.

D-Inferno
Aug 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
I know that Vol Dragon's horns are weak to both Ice and Dark.

Coatl
Aug 28, 2012, 09:53 PM

I knew Vol was weak to ice, not sure about dark. ._.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
Different hitboxes have different resistances.

Arms take more/less damage than torsos, etc.

So, yes, it matters.

edit: Also, different attacks in combos have different multipliers. For swords, attack 1 has a higher multiplier than attack 2.

Ok, then explain to me or feel free to prove it to me in a game. Why was I not seeing these so called ULTRA awesome benefits?

I'm trying to come to a real conclusion here. I dont care about the math behind it all. I care about RESULTS the numbers that are popping out of the creatures when i'm whacking away at them. that's what I care about.

and if i'm not seeing the benefits in that area then it's no good.

But hey man, feel free to bust out a 50fire/whatever sword vs the same exact sword with a different element and SHOW me in REAL WORLD performance these great numbers you get.

I would love to show you in game. however I already sold all of my 50 elemental spears and swords :(

Now I just have my 9* items that do more damage even with a crappy element.

HFlowen
Aug 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
I remember seeing the dark effect when I was smacking the story vol dragon the other day, I assumed I was hitting his darker bloom-thing though, wasn't sure.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not going to show anyone anything because I don't care.

But if you're going to do research do it properly.

Gardios
Aug 28, 2012, 09:59 PM
Same should apply to its tail.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not going to show anyone anything because I don't care.

But if you're going to do research do it properly.

Well that's that right? I guess it's ok to take the immature route on this.

I did my reserach with my own two eyes and ACTUAL 50 elemental weapons. I'm here trying to have a mature discussion and all you can say is "nah nay nay I dont care!!" like a spoiled kid that can't have his way. ^^;

RocSage
Aug 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
But...wind element allows you to say you broke wind!

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 10:09 PM
I have done research on several things with damage calculations. I made certain it was on identical hitboxes with identical swings, no JA, and with identical conditions.

I'm well aware people are saying the extra damage is minimal.

I'm telling you you're wrong with your claim that there's no difference. I'm also telling you your methods were bad.

Then I said I don't care enough to prove you wrong, because I feel no need to "prove" you wrong. You haven't even proven yourself right, your methods were exactly as useful as flipping a coin once and saying it only has heads.

Don't like it? Oh well. I'm not really bothered. You might have a point if I was even asking for something, but I'm not. I'm telling you to use better testing methods before making claims.

HFlowen
Aug 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
Haha, oh god is this guy high or am I getting trolled hard?

Anyway, I actually used the site search function for you:

www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199093

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlpssxWcrOxPdDZNWlAyNlpoRzN2b01oNGRPcWg2b Hc&output=html

No one said it was a huge benefit, they said it was roughly 4% better, which is negligible, but does exist. Your "experiment" methodology was flawed and giga was fixing it for you.

Chill out broseph.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 10:38 PM
I have done research on several things with damage calculations. I made certain it was on identical hitboxes with identical swings, no JA, and with identical conditions.

I'm well aware people are saying the extra damage is minimal.

I'm telling you you're wrong with your claim that there's no difference. I'm also telling you your methods were bad.

Then I said I don't care enough to prove you wrong, because I feel no need to "prove" you wrong. You haven't even proven yourself right, your methods were exactly as useful as flipping a coin once and saying it only has heads.

Don't like it? Oh well. I'm not really bothered. You might have a point if I was even asking for something, but I'm not. I'm telling you to use better testing methods before making claims.

I trust my own two eyes better than someone just talking on a forum. I'm the kinda guy who actually likes to see the "proof" in this case the results the real numbers in game. I don't see how that's so hard to understand unless you are somehow mentality retarded ^^;

Sure it's nice to know the math behind it all, but getting results is what counts and that's what I care about, and if i'm not seeing them then...you already know :)

Haha, oh god is this guy high or am I getting trolled hard?

Anyway, I actually used the site search function for you:

www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199093

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlpssxWcrOxPdDZNWlAyNlpoRzN2b01oNGRPcWg2b Hc&output=html

No one said it was a huge benefit, they said it was roughly 4% better, which is negligible, but does exist. Your "experiment" methodology was flawed and giga was fixing it for you.

Chill out broseph.

I humored you ^^ I clicked on those links to inform myself a lil better, but all I got was the exact same thing I got from this thread. The % boost is soo small (for example ice vs monsters weak to ice) that it doesn't even matter.

It makes sense as to why I wasn't seeing the results I wanted to see. Even in that thread though, there's people that arent convinced by that write up.

The only thing that i'm sure 100% is that one element adds damage to all enemies weak to element.

So it's best to just get your favorite weapon to 50/whatever element and not dwell on the low3-4% damage boost (as that guy in the thread says) it's gonna get from actually hitting the enemy weak to it's element because it's only a very minor boost that doesn't do anything.

Maybe later in the future when we start to normally do 1500+ damage normally then that 4% boost will mean something. As of now. I wouldn't worry about getting a full palette of rainbow elements because it's not worth it.

So that sums it up for me ^-^

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
So let's recap

none = some

I'm immature, you're the one calling people mentally retarded.

Are you by any chance sixteen? Actually no, don't answer that.

Shugo17
Aug 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
Dafuq did I just read?

OP: Seriously though, with these new areas and what not, the enemy levels are gonna go up, so one can speculate that the type level caps are gonna rise. If I were you, I'd save it if it's 9*. If it's not, then it depends on your wants and needs. If nothing else you got yourself an ok thing to sell in the Player Shops (if you have one).
I personally go with neutral weapons just to avoid this confusion (since I'm RA and can hit into the 4 digit's reliably with sneak shot).

Macman
Aug 28, 2012, 11:13 PM
Wind is good against all boosted enemies, but only to the infected spot.

ANY element is effective against those.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 28, 2012, 11:14 PM
So let's recap

none = some

I'm immature, you're the one calling people mentally retarded.

Are you by any chance sixteen? Actually no, don't answer that.

I dont know what's your problem man, but obviously you can't read properly. Yes I am calling you illiterate ^^

Let's recap, the math behind the whole thing says it's 3-4% boost. So you are correct. Are you happy? That's one of the most mature things anyone can do accept they were wrong ^^

YOU WIN! :D

However when it comes to me personally calling you retarded? Never. I said "unless you are mentaly retarded" please learn to comprehend words better. However if you REALLY are retarded then I apologize for making fun of your condition ^^;

If you arent mentaly retarded then I never called you that. So please dont put words in my mouth.

As for my age, I dont think that's any of your business and it's rather rude to go around throwing numbers out and assuming someone's age without even knowing the person.

Now can we just both walk away from this little argument? It would be the best for everyone, especially for you :D

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Especially for me, huh?

rofl

Pyroromancer
Aug 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
I sure as hell dont see it.

I've did some testing with 50 fire 50 lighting 50dark and 50light it all seemed the same to me.

For example I had a Alva Gunir (5* spear) in lighting and light I was fighting the lvl 38 darkers in the city with the lighting one doing around 310 with each hit of speed rain. The weps were +10 volsoul power3.

Then I was like "Oh cool now let me use my light one, it should do way more damage!! ^-^"

I start using speed rain...

*is disapointed big time*

I seriously hitting the same numbers outside of the random factor.

hell at times it seems like the lighting one was hitting HIGHER numbers!!! I was like dafuq?!!!

I wish you were there so I could prove it to you.

i made a montage of 4 digit ranger hits. The my AR at the time had 42% fire. when using it on Cata the max i ever did was 5.1k on a weakened weak spot. Used it on a Gwana and a Ragne the damage was between 5.1k and 7.2k.

heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9xgwV-FZw&hd=1

It is also my understanding that to see the impact of using contrasting elements, you have to have superb attack power. not your average grinds and abilities, top tier souls and ability combinations etc.

NeoRydia
Aug 29, 2012, 01:09 AM
Well I think the damage is very similar because of enemy resistances atm. They are all very low on the current available difficulties. Like in PSO1 on lower difficulties you could cast pretty much any tech and they would all do similar damage on most mobs. The enemies weakness just signifies which element has the lowest resistance but right now they are all low so which element you use doesn't make much of a difference. But having any element period does help increase damage a decent amount. I assume when we hit higher difficulties which specific element your using will make a bigger difference as some probably won't help at all on certain mobs.

Example: Some random enemy that has a displayed weakness to Fire may have resistances that look like this.

Hard: Fire 8%, Ice 10%, Electric 9%, Light 9%, Dark 9%, Wind 9%.

Ultimate: Fire 10%, Ice 100%, Electric 80%, Light 50%, Dark 100%, Wind 80%.

So on Hard difficulty your elemental damage is going to be roughly the same no matter which weapon you use. But once you hit Ultimate you will be much better off using the fire element or face great reductions to your elemental damage. With ice and dark not adding any bonus whatsoever to that specific mob.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 29, 2012, 01:22 AM
i made a montage of 4 digit ranger hits. The my AR at the time had 42% fire. when using it on Cata the max i ever did was 5.1k on a weakened weak spot. Used it on a Gwana and a Ragne the damage was between 5.1k and 7.2k.

heres the video:

PSO2 Ranger Gameplay Weak Bullet Montage - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9xgwV-FZw&hd=1)

It is also my understanding that to see the impact of using contrasting elements, you have to have superb attack power. not your average grinds and abilities, top tier souls and ability combinations etc.

That's not a really fair comparison...

I understand what you are saying, but the point you are trying to make would have come off much more solid if you were testing it against the SAME enemy.

For example, a 42fire rifle on the cata and the same exact rifle on the same exact cata but with an 42ICE element. Then we could see the REAL difference in damage.

You are comparing 3 different creatures with different stats of course the numbers will be different.