PDA

View Full Version : How different is the weapon grinding from PSU

tcbys
Aug 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
In PSU you would find/buy the Board for that Rank of weapon and the Grinder?

Do you have to spend real money to get grinders?

Can you still synthase weapons?

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Doesn't screw you over anymore...

But the penalty is still good enough for regrets and good at pissing off a LOT of people.

Basically you FIND grinders... 1-6* items take one grinder, 7 *and 8* two grinders 9* takes 3 grinders. and you pay meseta to do the grinding, the price depends on the weapon's rarity as well.

Basically when grinds fail they go down, but unlike PSU it doesn't go back to 0 it only goes down 1 to 3 times. higher grind levels (usually 5+) and a rarer weapon having higher chance of losing multiple grind levels, most I've seen is minus three.

Also unlike PSU you can still reach +10 after failing.

The penalty is that you have to find or buy more grinders (from other players) which can take time, AND you'll definitely spend a lot of money if you fail a lot (which you will.)

So yeah your weapon won't break and it won't be jacked up an impossible to get past 5, like PSU. But you might end up spending 500k and like 300 grinders on one weapon depending on your Luck.

Dan Maku
Aug 28, 2012, 11:18 PM
Concerning Grinders: you don't need to pay real money for them. You can get them from the FUN scratch, rare enemies like Rappies, and completing Emergency Codes.

tcbys
Aug 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
Concerning Grinders: you don't need to pay real money for them. You can get them from the FUN scratch, rare enemies like Rappies, and completing Emergency Codes.

So I would find a good lot of them through normal play?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
No synthing, as far as I know.

You find Grinders, like past games, and grinding cost money and grinders. If you fail a grind, you don't destroy the weapon, or lower the cap of it. Instead, it can either just not upgrade, or downgrade. I've heard people getting their weapons downgraded from +8 to +4. Anyway, hope that helps. Hopefully someone who has more experience with Grinding can help you and stuff.

FlameOfYagami
Grinding is WAY easier than xbox 360 psu!

There's no such thing as S+10 orany of that. Also if you do fail the grind your weapon doesn't break. You only lose some grinds. That's it.

You can also buy items that make it so that if you fail there's no penalty! So yes it's way easier! yet you have people complaining like crazy still ^^;

Crimson Exile
Aug 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
Grinding is way better than PSU. Most don't fully grind weapons because of failure rate.

NoiseHERO
Aug 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
edited first post.

Lemme know if I'm terrible at explaining stuff, I think I'm pretty terrible at it.

RocSage
Aug 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
very different. Still bad.

moorebounce
Aug 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
I must have really good luck. I'll grind stuff to +10 (only failing once or twice), grind the attributes to 50% and sell them for more than what I put into it. lol I guess you can say I flip gear.

I had one Axeon gunslash that failed a lot outside of that I have about a 80-85% success rate.

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2012, 12:07 AM
I've had a few things go straight to 10...

and others....

HAH!

Finalzone
Aug 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Love it. The ability to increase the attributes and switching them is a big plus compared to psu series (excluding portables version I never played).

ScottyMango
Aug 30, 2012, 02:57 PM
It's a lot better than PSU's. All you do is find grinders (and you'll find tons of them) from enemies and the like, take them to DooDoo and have them grinded. No weapon breaking, no synthesizing, none of that bullshit.

The only problem is that when it says you have a 99.9% chance of success, it's more like a 0.0000000000000001% chance.

PepperCat
Aug 30, 2012, 04:23 PM
I must have really good luck. I'll grind stuff to +10 (only failing once or twice), grind the attributes to 50% and sell them for more than what I put into it. lol I guess you can say I flip gear.

I had one Axeon gunslash that failed a lot outside of that I have about a 80-85% success rate.

Sell to me. LOL 8)

Billkwando
Aug 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
I just learned a lot. Thanks guys. :)