PDA

View Full Version : Need some mag help. :s

FictionLag
Aug 29, 2012, 04:51 AM
I'm currently level 18 (Hunter), my mag is level 31. Stats are 23/0/0/8/0/0/0. Lyra type.
What I want to do is turn my little mag into a Antlia type. Then into a Leo type at 100. I have read this post from gigawuts over and over ( http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837&page=78 ) But at my current build on my mag and it being a Lyra type, I just don't know what to do. :s
Playing as a female newman takes a bit of a toll on my stats. I would like a leo that will allow me enough S-Atk for the best weapons and 407 S-Def for the fuzzy armor.
If anyone can guide me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

StoopidRyoko
Aug 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
Feed your mag tech and PA discs until your Mags Ability is higher than its S-Atk. This will change it into Antlia. From here you'll need to balance S-atk/def and ability until it hits lvl 95, then put the last 5 points into S-atk/def and it will change into Leo.

As for equipping the BiS weapons and fuzzy armor, I'd need to know what type of build you are going for on your HUnewearl (female newman). If you are willing to spend skill points to max your S-atk and S-def passives, that increases each by 50, and will determine how you set up the remaining 50 lvls on your mag.

According to the BiS Data sheet for PSO2, at lvl 40 the S-atk and S-def of a HUnewearl reach 360. Maxing the S-def passive will mean that you'll have enough S-def to equip the fuzzy armor without needing to put any points into your mags S-def and can instead use the rest for S-atk.

But like I said you may have a different build in mind so let me know if that helps.

FictionLag
Aug 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
This is the current build I am shooting for. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkbqBqacb4QIbf
I really trying to max DPS while being able to switch between weapons at will.

Id like to keep my JA bonuses since the % will overcome the Raw boost from my mag, so I am willing to put DEF points into my mag. But if needed I can lose a few points in the JA bonus.

Also I understand feeding it disc, but what do you mean by tech?

Edit: Doing the math now. Since there are 150 levels for a mag that basically means 150 points to split between s-atk, dex, s-def?

FictionLag
Aug 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
I just did the math, If I go 88 s-atk 25-dex 37 s-def I will cap at 458 S-atk and 407 S-def. With this build will my mag still change to leo?

StoopidRyoko
Aug 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Your mag needs to be of the Antlia type in order to evolve to Leo at 100. This means it needs to stay an Antlia until lvl 95, then you make S-atk/def your mags highest stat. Right now if you keep S-atk at 23, and raise its dex to 25, your mag will still be a Lyra. Mags attempt to update their appearance every 5 levels, and when it last checked (lvl 45), S-atk > dex, keeping it as Lyra. Now it will check again at lvl 50, and if Dex > Striking, it will change.

The only way I could see you keeping your mag as Antlia until 95 with that low dex would be to use the "gain 2 levels" trick. This is explained in much more detail in Banjo's Mag Guide.

And by tech, I meant technique discs.