PDA

View Full Version : Subdue Catterdransa in 24 minutes? UNPOSSIBLE!

Dan Maku
Aug 30, 2012, 03:00 AM
I'm never gonna get the Floating Islands freefield unlocked at this rate. I can't fight one by myself, but if I try to join a party doing this mission, I end up fighting more than one. I survive the fight, but it takes more than 24 minutes.

This is bullshit.

blace
Aug 30, 2012, 03:04 AM
You're looking for impossible and yes it is possible.

Form a party and when you get to the warp, the party leader heads in first, followed by the rest of the party. And lo and behold 1 Caterdran.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 30, 2012, 03:06 AM
You can use that tactic Blace said or just get a good party. It's rather easy, just sepnd 10 mins killing small mobs and 14 mins to take down 3 cata is more then do-able. Done it serval times~

Angelo
Aug 30, 2012, 03:10 AM
You're looking for impossible and yes it is possible.

Form a party and when you get to the warp, the party leader heads in first, followed by the rest of the party. And lo and behold 1 Caterdran.

Yep, this is the way to do it.

If you need some extra damage send me a PM and I'll get on.

valmont
Aug 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
use poison..
it really helps.. XD

Husq
Aug 30, 2012, 04:01 AM
If you want to kill it quickly as a hunter, do not aim for its tail and just strike its body. Once it stretches you will be able to do more damage to it, just as much or even more than his exposed tail. Other thing that helps is to have poison on your weapon, it does massive damage to it.

Takatsuki
Aug 30, 2012, 04:28 AM
...But he's so easy >_>

Mystil
Aug 30, 2012, 06:47 AM
If you want to kill it quickly as a hunter, do not aim for its tail and just strike its body. Once it stretches you will be able to do more damage to it, just as much or even more than his exposed tail. Other thing that helps is to have poison on your weapon, it does massive damage to it.

This right here. It's just a recolored version of the caves mini boss. The only attack to worry about when striking its belly is its spin attack which is easily JA'd.

woosh
Aug 30, 2012, 08:05 AM
what ? is this a joke topic ?

no offense but im a hunter with a very decent gear and can kill it in 5-6 minutes , and that include broke its tail first. how do you manage to get to floating continent if you can't easily kill it ? it's the same boss from cave with bigger HP and attack , nothing more..

my guess is you always join party or you just trolling ? :D ..
keep practicing solo all the boss , don't move to next boss if you can't kill it in 7 minutes , maybe 10 mins for snow panther / vader / quartz..

Coatl
Aug 30, 2012, 08:23 AM
If you need some help I'll be happy to oblige.

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
I dont remember taking more than 15 minutes on doing the whole run and S ranking it as Hunter o_O ...of course, alone.

Edit: TYPO!!

Jakosifer
Aug 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
I dont remember taking more than 15 minutes on doing the whole run and S ranking it as Hunter o_O ...of coruse, alone.

I didn't want to come in and say this before at risk of inadvertently putting OP down, but...this. It's a palette swap of a boss you've probably fought at least 10 times.

gigawuts
Aug 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah I hosed ransa (which I call it because of its soul) solo, albeit with dead Force NPC's, in probably 15 minutes. No problems.

Are you on ship 2? I'll give you a hand if you want. Even two should go down in less than 24 minutes between us.

kkow
Aug 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
only failed the first time since my pal and i took too long exploring floating land lol. and trying to get those troll boxes. just try again and ignore flying and non grouped mobs if you are really pressed for time.

Mystil
Aug 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
I just realized the title reads as unpossible. Brilliant in a humorous way.

ScottyMango
Aug 30, 2012, 02:48 PM
O.o... bullshit?

I solo'd this with like five minutes to spare, then again (fighting two of them) with only two very sub-par hunters; just me and my friend who don't even have very good equipment.

It's exactly the same as the Subdue Catterdan you already did in Caves lol. If you stay on his side, he pretty much can't hit you. Plus, all of his attacks have such obvious tells, so it's really easy to not get hit.

Just watch him and stay on his side while spamming your best attacks.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 30, 2012, 03:03 PM
Or I can just help you get it done. Its not that hard

Chik'Tikka
Aug 30, 2012, 03:35 PM
put together a full party (not NPCs) go through the mission, make sure to kill enough for S-Rank, then have just the party leader go through the Boss teleporter, this makes it so only one spawns, then everyone else goes through, and then it dies+^_^+

Husq
Aug 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
If you want to try it completely solo, I would suggest using the MPA link up, but make sure the other party isn't playing for a long time. That way on the second map you will have more spawns. The major problem playing solo is that the spawn rate is far too low on some maps, and it takes time to get the kill count high enough for a s-rank.
Playing solo heavily depends on luck, I remember having really small maps in the cave once, I killed everything on them and got only 980 points for exploration.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 31, 2012, 08:58 AM
You must be trolling because this mission was a ****ing joke to me =/

I can't believe some of the things people need HALP with at times on this board xD

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2012, 10:12 AM
There may be many reasons why he couldn't do it within 24 min so its any1's guess.

Also some of the ppl saying they are hunters i don't believe the OP even said what class he was to begin with so but we.

Honestly glad he got some ppl on here to help him which is nice and come on if you don't have anything nice to say why say it all its how flames are born lets keep it civil ladies and gents.

MaggotSai
Aug 31, 2012, 02:20 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling to do this alone, but I'm a force and always miss the deadline by a few seconds or a minute...

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2012, 02:35 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling to do this alone, but I'm a force and always miss the deadline by a few seconds or a minute...

If possible i could help you u if needed im on block 20 let me know when ur on and ur char name and ill be there.