PDA

View Full Version : Weeaboos

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
People really love that Miku video thing, huh?

Weaboos, weaboos everywhere.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 30, 2012, 03:59 PM
define term for meh please. O_o

On Topic: we need a miku mod to go around the lobby like what they did with sonic and tails on psu
+^_^+

Ce'Nedra
Aug 30, 2012, 04:14 PM
THey need to bring out a Miku npc that will use leeks and microphone stand as weapons, obv complete in FOnewearl outfit and Newearl ears. She would obviously be a force. I'd so use that in combat.

IzzyData
Aug 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
define term for meh please. O_o

You know very well he has no idea what it means seeing as how he already used it incorrectly. :-)

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
You know very well he has no idea what it means seeing as how he already used it incorrectly. :-)

Oh, really?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?defid=952612&term=weeaboo

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah that link just shows you're using it wrong..

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Nope, people obsessed with this Miku thing fall into the term. I dont see how it is wrong applied.

"Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. "

Sizustar
Aug 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
Nope, people obsessed with this Miku thing fall into the term. I dont see how it is wrong applied.

"Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. "

So...liking one aspect of Hatsune Miku(Song, dance, characters, etc) means that the person is automaticly sorted into a sub-group, and should be looked down upon?

Xaeris
Aug 30, 2012, 04:54 PM

Even if this were correct (hint: it's not), screwing around in the lobby with a dance emote hardly qualifies as obsession.

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
So...liking one aspect of Hatsune Miku(Song, dance, characters, etc) means that the person is automaticly sorted into a sub-group, and should be looked down upon?

Well, damn. If you want to take it that way, that's your problem......I'm simply pointing out people sort of exaggerate this stuff about idolizing a virtual character such as Miku.

Mystil
Aug 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
*does not know what the word means*

The urban dictionary definition confused the hell out of me. Isn't it easier to say "Someone who's PRETENDING to be japanese" ?

Sizustar
Aug 30, 2012, 05:04 PM
Well, damn. If you want to take it that way, that's your problem......I'm simply pointing out people sort of exaggerate this stuff about idolizing a virtual character such as Miku.

So because their interest is different from what you deem "normal" they should be given a label, and looked down upon?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 30, 2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sm1qQzUlw

Lol crys , so if I watch this video when grind/affix stuff that I'm obsessed with since it's by Livetune ft miku does it make me a weaboo?

( this song is really catchy love the video and can't get mad while watching it do I can never get mad even if doodoo face is being a c***.

Resanoca
Aug 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
Wiggaboo. ...THAT IS ALL.

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
Wiggaboo. ...THAT IS ALL.

Tedoooooo, save meeeee! They are looking at me like a bunch of mad and hungry dogs ready to eat me alive. ;_;

Seriously guys, I never thought it was THAT EASY to make you feel offended for something so trivial x:

IzzyData
Aug 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
*does not know what the word means*

The urban dictionary definition confused the hell out of me. Isn't it easier to say "Someone who's PRETENDING to be japanese" ?

No. That would also be wrong. Here, this will make it easier for you people to understand. Nothing in this thread has been indicative of being weaboo.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/038/812/1262384489116.jpg

Seriously guys, I never thought it was THAT EASY to make you feel offended for something so trivial x:

Nobody is offended. We are just pointing out your ignorance.

Aewyn
Aug 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hey, do you like football? You do? That means you're a fat redneck xenophobe. Yay, generalizations!

Also, if you're going to use a word at least use it correctly. Otherwise it's not funny.

Shakuri
Aug 30, 2012, 05:11 PM

I'll have what this one is having.

And after I have used up all of your delicious sedatives, you shall stop being a meanie. :<

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Tedoooooo, save meeeee! They are looking at me like a bunch of mad and hungry dogs ready to eat me alive. ;_;

I'm not angry lol I love people's thought process and since I talk to you everyday I would like to know.

So answer my question:)

Aewyn
Aug 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Nothing wrong with being offended by it. Arguing about it is pretty silly, though! I just think it's sad when people are labeled incorrectly and it doesn't even work as a joke. Now, I can think of a couple of weeaboos around here...

Xaeris
Aug 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Being offended != telling you that you're wrong.

It's a common mistake, don't sweat it.

Sizustar
Aug 30, 2012, 05:15 PM

I'm not offended, but trying to figure out why that label is necessary, and what is it with people sorting other people with different interest into sub-group and lookd down on them.

Resanoca
Aug 30, 2012, 05:20 PM

Seriously guys, I never thought it was THAT EASY to make you feel offended for something so trivial x:Cry, asking me for help? D: You're not hammered again, are you? >:

As for helping, once you start throwing firecrackers in the bears' cave, you better be ready to either run or headlock them all. GET LANCE AND CHUCK! o/

IzzyData
Aug 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
In before crysteon says we are all mad. lol.

Aewyn
Aug 30, 2012, 05:23 PM
GET LANCE AND CHUCK!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Aewyn_Murayama/abd43b11lance-bass.jpg http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Aewyn_Murayama/chuck-norris-15.jpg

Mystil
No. That would also be wrong. Here, this will make it easier for you people to understand. Nothing in this thread has been indicative of being weaboo.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/038/812/1262384489116.jpg

Nobody is offended. We are just pointing out your ignorance.

That's much better. And with that said, the game has a few of those. They all look like a bunch of fools but whatever lol.

Xaeris
Aren't we though? I remember in 3rd grade, I said that Magellan discovered America and when my teacher corrected me, I totally trolled her by saying "lol u mad."

Resanoca
Aug 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
In before Crysteon says we are all mad. lol.
You've all got mad cow disease.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
chuck-norris-15.jpg[/IMG]

Lol btw love your sig. "People die when they are killed" xDO

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm not offended, but trying to figure out why that label is necessary, and what is it with people sorting other people with different interest into sub-group and lookd down on them.

Well, I guess I should tune down my aggressive humor (my teammates and people who know me well might understand this part better than anyone else). I'm used to receive negativity and racist insults from people when I do some sarcastic or aggressive comment about something....sometimes it works well as a joke, but other parties take it so damn seriously and that's their chance to discharge insults about how stupid, shallow, ignorant or narrow-minded I am.

I guess I should apologize for "presumably" misusing a term I learned a while ago from a group of real life friends. That's the most decent thing I can do at the time for the sensible ones here.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 30, 2012, 05:34 PM

*Looks at the Urban dictionary definition, then the people obsessing over the video.*

...hmmmm......

Zyrusticae
Aug 30, 2012, 06:13 PM
FYI, "weeaboo" is an extremely derogatory term. You should really not be surprised at all that you get backlash for using it (and incorrectly, at that).

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 30, 2012, 06:15 PM
All that I have to say is that big miku is...SEXY.

Freshellent
Aug 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
Well, I guess I should tune down my aggressive humor (my teammates and people who know me well might understand this part better than anyone else). I'm used to receive negativity and racist insults from people when I do some sarcastic or aggressive comment about something....sometimes it works well as a joke, but other parties take it so damn seriously and that's their chance to discharge insults about how stupid, shallow, ignorant or narrow-minded I am.

I guess I should apologize for "presumably" misusing a term I learned a while ago from a group of real life friends. That's the most decent thing I can do at the time for the sensible ones here.

Just because your homeboys let you talk like a dick to them doesn't mean everyone else's butthole is prepared to receive your girth. It's this really shitty game we have to play where we have to respect people based on the level of appropriateness presented to us. But given we're all jokes here you can eat a bag of dicks, that's okay though, because I have a shitty sense of humor.

Crysteon
Aug 30, 2012, 06:33 PM
Just because your homeboys let you talk like a dick to them doesn't mean everyone else's butthole is prepared to receive your girth. It's this really shitty game we have to play where we have to respect people based on the level of appropriateness presented to us. But given we're all jokes here you can eat a bag of dicks, that's okay though, because I have a shitty sense of humor.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/300x/68999.jpg

Okay buddy, I'll do as you say. +^_^+