PDA

View Full Version : Safe to Update?

Alpha2090
Aug 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
I've been avoiding PSO2 ever since the update fiasco of sometime ago that damaged the computers of several players. As someone who flies on the side of caution due to the fact my computer cannot be easily replaced should any harm come to it, I thought to ask but one thing of the pso world community; Is the game truly safe to play again?

Do I need to be concerned with errors such as bsods and the like should I opt to update?

Now I am well aware of some of the more hostile and aggressive members of this community and I would request that if you've nothing of substance to add to this conversation, then please refrain from posting here. I'd really rather avoid meaningless arguments if it can be helped as they do nothing to aid the conversation and only serve to squander time and energy.

If threads such as this, besides the evil gameguard update thread that appears to be buried now, have appeared before now, I apologize seemingly copying their content. However, this does appear to be the fastest way to garner an answer of sorts and in that interest, I post this here.

Any and all assistance or aid in this would be greatly appreciated. I had initially thought to hold out until the new weapon categories came out but the screenshot thread highlighting the new content is simply too much for me to resist. I offer my thanks in advance good people and hopefully look forward to resuming playing this game absent unexpected damages to my computer.

Crimson Exile
Aug 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have never had a problem with any update. I would just try updating if I were you. Or we can wait and see what the others have to say about it.

Alpha2090
Aug 30, 2012, 08:05 PM
My thanks for the swift reply Crimson. I will indeed await for further responses but your post is at least somewhat encouraging to read. I would very much so like to make a return to the game as soon as possible.

Mikura
Aug 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
From my understanding, the 64-bit driver that was screwing up 64-bit OSes has been removed, so it should be relatively safe for now until they decide if/when to implement it again. The fact that the GameGuard thread is buried seems proof enough that things have settled back down.

Alpha2090
Aug 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hm...that's certainly true enough Mikura. Very well, despite what my paranoia would have me do, I will indeed attempt the update. If your information is accurate, I should be posting the good news shortly.

Alpha2090
Aug 30, 2012, 08:37 PM
Huzzah! I have successfully updated the game with no discernible errors to report as of yet. You all have my thanks for your encouragement and i shall look forward to seeing you within the game.

Crimson Exile
Aug 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
Good job! Just in time for the new classes next month.

KEV1N
Aug 30, 2012, 09:35 PM
Buried.
Page 2.
Last post 08-28-2012.

Konflyk
Aug 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
Buried.
Page 2.
Last post 08-28-2012.

Dead Forum.
Page 2.
Buried.

DS23
Aug 30, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm on a 64 bit Win 7 based system which is where most of the major problems have been occurring and have not had any issues of late.

KEV1N
Aug 31, 2012, 01:56 AM
Dead Forum.

Lolwut

Squall179
Aug 31, 2012, 03:54 PM
Dead Dead.