PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sept Patch Trailer (Weapons/PAs/Accessory shown here)

Pages : [1] 2

Freshellent
Aug 30, 2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

btw, if anybody not notice yet. It write there in the video that "Normal mode for Tundra, Mine, and Skyland"

I've been briefly looking over some information about the new classes. Looks like I'm going to be switching over to Techer for sure!

Territory Burst (Active Skill): Increases the effect range of support Techs
PP Convert (Active Skill): Increases PP recovery rate but decreases max HP

sugarFO
Aug 31, 2012, 12:06 AM
must. get. angel wings!!!!

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 31, 2012, 12:06 AM
1:53 = I screamed in joy.

I'm also glad Double Sabers can use dodging.

also Angel Wings :3

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2012, 12:07 AM
Saw Tornado Dance. Doesn't look that mobile, though.

EDIT: Also, those Matrix moves with the mechguns could be seen coming for miles. Awesome, but predictable.

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
Saw Tornado Dance. Doesn't look that mobile, though.

For the better, I like the idea of it being properly damage related.

Nice to see Absolute Dance came back and actually does something!

kkow
Aug 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
so how does the twin mechgun slow down thing work in a multiplayer game...

regardless i want them all

Halcyote
Aug 31, 2012, 12:10 AM
lmao gunner is going to be that class.

people who've played a bunch of mmos/online games know what i'm talking about.

i'm interested to see how the new force class is going to play though. the way they handle techs is interesting.

Jakosifer
Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 AM
Double Wabers for god damn sexy tier.

Metsume
Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 AM
I don't think it has been posted yet since PhantasyStarCh uploaded it to their channel not even half an hour ago, so you should be good. :)

I'm not going to lie, those duel pistol PAs made me smile. They look pretty ridiculous. In a good way, of course! And now I can finally use Double Sabers again!

And I had a feeling we would get a wind Tech! I'm hoping they're calling it Zan. And the new dark attacks are Megid and Gimegid, maybe? Also, when they were showing the new PAs, I'm guessing the Techs being shown were the Lv11+?

i'm interested to see how the new force class is going to play though. the way they handle techs is interesting.
Oh, is that what that was? I noticed they were using their melee with Tech attacks. That's exciting. I wonder if that would apply with Talises as well?

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:12 AM
I'm okay with that tornado dance. It looks decent but not amazeballs, something you'd actually want to use for its utility instead of spam to get around.

Matrix guns, well meh.

Those daggers and fists though, oh man, I think I have my new main weapons.

I'm liking that AOE "shield" tornado on double sabers too.

DemonMike
Aug 31, 2012, 12:13 AM

It's all being done client side, so it's not really slowing down. Much like how sometimes you're fighting the same monster that your friend is fighting but if you looked at each others screens, the monster is in 2 very different places.

BIG OLAF
For the better, I like the idea of it being properly damage related.

Nice to see Absolute Dance came back and actually does something!

Of course it's for the better. Also, I saw a lot of PAs from PSU that are making a return. Pretty sweet.

Hansha
Yeah, I'm definitely done with Hunter. Fighter looks way more fun.

Hosaka
Aug 31, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hype has been gotten.

Takatsuki
Aug 31, 2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, how the heck is Mechgun's Bullet Time thing going to work with multiple players? Just imagine 12 Gunners in one area randomly doing that.

Also, I thought Double Sabers didn't have an evasion move? He clearly does one against the Caterdran.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
Those daggers!
Those double sabers!

THOSE MECHGUNS.

Sadly, although I was really excited about fists before, I am HUGELY dissapointed. It just looks like basic punching moves. No flying uppercuts, no shockwave ground-pounds, no falcon punches...

oh and when I saw tornado dance I fist pumped and said "YES!" lol

im excited :P

IzzyData
Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
I'm not so sure it actually slows down the game. I think that was just for the demo using special effects afterwards.

Yunfa
Aug 31, 2012, 12:16 AM
Time to save up I guess...:<

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2012, 12:17 AM
Watched it a few times now... Daggers are flat out AMAZING. Think those will be my main focus. Yo you can get up in his butt and back out before anything can touch you, so much style even! Aaaaaah, at least I'll have something to play whenever I do come back to the game.

kkow
mobs being in different positions is one thing, slowing down the game entirely is another. izzy is probably right that it's just post sfx

gigawuts
Also, those cakes

Shortcake, cheesecake, and... uh, fruit tart? Or is it all cakie?

edit: Some speculation - I bet a couple of those mechgun PA's have built in invulnerability frames, and it'll probably just be bullet time for yourself and what you're targeting.

Sizustar
Not enough info for FO.
Can't quite tell much on the wand, new tech looks fun.

Laxedrane
Aug 31, 2012, 12:18 AM

Everything was moving in real time when he was dodging. It's like precision dodging. At least when he was fighting the rock bear I never saw it slow down for it.

But really wow, the variety in style in this game just got kicked up a notch. I hope they ring in the new year with another batch of weapons.:bday:

Didn't see anything I did not like although... Code capture looks like it will be interesting or very very very annoying. And from that preview it probably the later.

Put down as another happy soul for wings. Gonna be all over that. Hopefully my force can equip it.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 AM
yea mechguns never slowed down the game in that video, just the character.

Metsume
Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 AM
I LOVE that the Naura Cake Sisters are making yet another return. It seems like they've been in just about every PS game.

Touka
Aug 31, 2012, 12:20 AM
Knuckles.....why are they using the unarmed stance,words fail me.Looks like they kept the first part of Booga Danga which is fine by me.

Daggers look.....crazy,I like.Double Saber looks decent enough.

Twin Mechs.....someone must be a fan of bullet time and John Woo movies.They took Dante's Rain Storm straight out of DMC.

Wand....not what I was expecting but could be intresting,the dark tech tornado made me wtf.

Overall hype has been delivered.

MissMalice
Aug 31, 2012, 12:23 AM
Those guns...

THOSE MARVELOUS GUNS.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/214/070/Yuno'sBodyIsReady.jpg

Arika
Aug 31, 2012, 12:23 AM
Hmm, enemy need to be stronger too, when players get stronger class.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 12:24 AM

I don't think we can really tell if the classes are stronger or not. They might have less attack.

Probably not though. We've needed stronger enemies since the game released though lol

Touka
Aug 31, 2012, 12:25 AM
My thinking is they'll up the difficulty AFTER we get sub classes,it only makes sense.Then again this is Sega we're talking about and them making sense doesn't really happen.

gigawuts

I have a feeling that the fighter class is going to be considerably less tanky.

Oh, and one last thing: That flashy dark tech is going to be hell for any class that needs to be close to its targets. I hope they tone that down, cripes.

edit: Anyone else catch that PSO style Razonde? The FOnewearl cast it after deband with territory thingy activated. Is that a new support tech or something?

Xaeris
Break dancing double sabers, rider kicking twin daggers, bullet time mechguns...too. Much. Want.

goldwing
Aug 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
Omg omg omg. Daggers are 100x better than what i wanted. I thought that double saber might b a choice for me but now im set for daggers. Freak yea.

Metsume
Aug 31, 2012, 12:29 AM
I've been briefly looking over some information about the new classes. Looks like I'm going to be switching over to Techer for sure!

And I still get to keep my Gigrants! hahah

It's the closest I can get to being a supporting Acrotecher again. I really can't wait.

Micro
Aug 31, 2012, 12:33 AM
My face after seeing techer and new techs.
http://i.imgur.com/TAk0L.jpg

Can't wait.

Laxedrane

And I still get to keep my Gigrants! hahah

It's the closest I can get to being a supporting Acrotecher again. I really can't wait.

I notice an animation change on deband. And was wondering if that's a result of that ability or if we are also getting 11+ PAs as well.

Arika
btw, if anybody not notice yet. It write there in the video that "Normal mode for Tundra and Mine"

Alpha2090
Aug 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
I really do wish that the other classes got a few more weapon types (Hunters are up to seven now if I'm not mistaken, whilst the other are at a measly four) but I must admit that the flipping around with the mechguns guns looks amusing.

On an offnote note, did anyone notice the chain counter during the mechgun section? Can we expect the chain system fro PSP2/PSP2I to make a return?

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
btw, if anybody not notice yet. It write there in the video that "Normal mode for Tundra and Mine"

I'll add it to the opening post.

sexyslut
Aug 31, 2012, 12:35 AM
I saw the new techs when that broomop guy posted a video of them. And supposedly FO's get the new techs.

So, whoop de doo...

Micro
I really do wish that the other classes got a few more weapon types (Hunters are up to seven now if I'm not mistaken, whilst the other are at a measly four) but I must admit that the flipping around with the mechguns guns looks amusing.

On an offnote note, did anyone notice the chain counter during the mechgun section? Can we expect the chain system fro PSP2/PSP2I to make a return?

Chaining is a gunner skill.

Gunner Class Skill:

チェイントリガー Chain Trigger (Active Skill)
Based on where you land attacks on an enemy, the chain counter is counted up.
After you activate and use this skill, your party members regardless of class can contribute to the chain count by attacking the same area.
You can increase the chain count through normal attacks, photon arts, and attacks from extra actions.
チェインフィニッシュ Chain Finish (Active Skill)
When you use a photon art in that area, based on the chain number, your damage increases.

gigawuts

And there we have it! Our 20-30 content! I am excite.

Arika
Aug 31, 2012, 12:36 AM
^
^
edit a little bit :

btw, if anybody not notice yet. It write there in the video that "Normal mode for Tundra, Mine, and Skyland"

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 12:43 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120912/03/image/ss_03_l.jpg
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120912/03/image/ss_04_l.jpg
So the friend system offers more then just accessory, also Mag customization.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:45 AM
I see color change passes, mag color passes, something +20%, and that item with an egg icon says device/rappy. Rappy mag cells?

A couple observations:
Double saber gear bars depleted when the player used the whirlwind, probably amps up its attack power or duration. Seems like a stunlock shield, I actually like that.
Mechguns do NOT have a palette switch - their shift/alt action is a boot icon (edit: it's all the upside-down leaping). Instead of switching palettes they have 3 PA's like swords or gunslashes.

Arika
Aug 31, 2012, 12:47 AM
I m interest in that picture on 2 things :

1. Evolution device / Rappy. (So we are getting Rappy mag)
2. Affix success rate + 20% (I do want a lot of this!)
(So this probably get implement as some bonus in the future then)

not really care about :
3. mag color change

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 12:50 AM
Those daggers!
I am HUGELY dissapointed. It just looks like basic punching moves. No flying uppercuts, no shockwave ground-pounds, no falcon punches...

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120912/02/image/pa_ss_02_l.jpg

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:51 AM
Woah woah woah, affix +20%? That's pretty generous. It'll be interesting to see how 100% vol soul + power III turns out with 2x 100% success rate (80% is possible for both with proper inputs, and presently 5% turns them into 85%). It should reveal a bit about whether or not those percents are actually accurate. I'd be amused if they kept failing at abysmal rates.

edit: I got it! The nacht drills use the chain sawd sound. I knew I recognized it.

Flame
Aug 31, 2012, 12:54 AM

that is EXCELLENT news. Love it. Watching this vid really makes me think that PSO2 has kind of carved out a new genre in terms of action rpg. It feels like it could be called something more like MULTIPLAYER COMBAT GAME since the game's primary focus really is the fighting. I guess if I had any complaints it would be that these PA's look a little too over the top. Like these are the kinds of moves a 12 yr old would find cool.

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 12:55 AM
Woah woah woah, affix +20%? That's pretty generous.
It's not. You'll need to trade in 14 AC Scratch items to get one. That's 2800 AC.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:59 AM
It's not. You'll need to trade in 14 AC Scratch items to get one. That's 2800 AC.

You serious? Ha ha ha. Ha ha. I knew it was too good to be true.

Well at least everything else looks neat.

Those Naura sisters have the worst voices though, and their eyes are as black and hollow as space itself.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 01:00 AM

That's probabely why the price is jumping alot on the regular AC outfit www
Jumped from 1050 to 10k+

Arika
Aug 31, 2012, 01:01 AM
I notice this :

-Dagger gear seem to be charged while you are on the air, and drop suddenly when you fall down to ground.

-Double saber gear will make a tornado to surround and cover your body when it full, then it will instantly reverse back to 0.

-Knuckle gear... seem to be generic sword type heat gauge.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 31, 2012, 01:06 AM
Dammit Sega, take my money so I can make my RAney gunner chick! Sure, I have Isa... but all that flipping and bullet time just isn't her style.

Other than that, the new Hunter weapons are sex. X3

people who've played a bunch of mmos/online games know what i'm talking about....I still don't know what you mean.

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 01:07 AM
You serious? Ha ha ha. Ha ha. I knew it was too good to be true.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=31005

This is the shot that shows the new exchange shop. It's possible that the number of items needed to be exchanged for other available items are not as expensive.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
FFS your right.. I just bought a couple. all the most common AC clothing in Player Shops on Ship 2 are gone, and only the 50k and up stuff is left... :(

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I see that now. That's pretty excessive. Would that be the full body costumes, like the rappy suit, or any old clothes item or even any ac scratch-exclusive item at all? Or is that not specified?

On the one hand I know they need to make their money, but on the other I knew that right away they'd get a taste of the kind of cash this genre rakes in and would get very greedy very fast. I'm guessing that's happening.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 31, 2012, 01:15 AM
FFS your right.. I just bought a couple. all the most common AC clothing in Player Shops on Ship 2 are gone, and only the 50k and up stuff is left... :(

If you mean just any outfit... then perhaps you could try searching for a specific outfit? That could net you cheaper clothing.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 01:16 AM
I'm sure I'm going to massively disappoint a lot of people that think of me as the fists guy...

But... From this video alone I'm gonna have to see all the PAs and the feel gameplay for myself before I decide on Fists being my main.

Cause that fuckin' dagger game play looks sick... Then they jump to fists and it's all generic punches...

@ Flame: LOL too over the top? that's all this game is about after PSU! 8D

Arika
-Wand gear seem to be very easy to charge up. It instantly charged to max after she cast one AoE technique in the video. It look like the gear doesn't boost your technique, instead, it boost the tech power into your normal attack. Look at the video when she perform normal attack with thunder blast and dark effect.

-Mechgun gear seem to be very hard to charge up from the video.

In the end, I probably enjoy most with daggers, double saber, and mechgun. But it seem that knuckle is probably going to be stronger still. (because generic way of playing is usually come with most dps)

About the recycle shop, it tap the "color change pass" so that is 14x scratch. But about the other stuff, requirement is possible to be different. I m still thinking about photon drop.

Sizustar
Yeah, I see that now. That's pretty excessive. Would that be the full body costumes, like the rappy suit, or any old clothes item or even any ac scratch-exclusive item at all? Or is that not specified?

On the one hand I know they need to make their money, but on the other I knew that right away they'd get a taste of the kind of cash this genre rakes in and would get very greedy very fast. I'm guessing that's happening.

Probabely all AC scratch outfit...so something like the CB

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 01:19 AM
The only thing the screenshot says is AC Scratch Item so as far as I know, this could be 14 of the things in the AC Scratch, from junk items to costumes. I refuse to have anything to do with either of the AC Scratches so I'm not entirely clear on how or if the display has changed.

-Mechgun gear seem to be very hard to charge up from the video.
This gear is charged by not being hit by stuff. Shogai had a bit on how it worked up earlier.

I m still thinking about photon drop.
If only. I don't think Sega will take the chance to charge people to buy something.

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'm sure I'm going to massively disappoint a lot of people that think of me as the fists guy...

But... From this video alone I'm gonna have to see all the PAs and the feel gameplay for myself before I decide on Fists being my main.

Cause that fuckin' dagger game play looks sick... Then they jump to fists and it's all generic punches...

@ Flame: LOL too over the top? that's all this game is about after PSU! 8D

Yo, I was mad hyped for KNUX but after seeing it in action? Nah. Nah. They might be hella damaging and "practical" but I'm not playing this game for that. Daggers though? I'd call her back for a second date, no question.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 01:29 AM
Yo, I was mad hyped for KNUX but after seeing it in action? Nah. Nah. They might be hella damaging and "practical" but I'm not playing this game for that. Daggers though? I'd call her back for a second date, no question.

Ayo das' whussup mah G

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 01:31 AM
To be fair, I'm pretty sure when fighting the gawonda shield thing that one of the fists popped off with a rocket. It looked like it clipped the guy, so it wasn't really visible.

But then, I hate the shit out of that PA, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Jakosifer
Aug 31, 2012, 01:37 AM
More people should be happy about breakdancing. God. This is my dream weapon and fighting style mixed into one. Hunter who?

Hansha
Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 AM

I'm also wondering if CAST parts counted in the closed beta for the color change tickets.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 AM
More people should be happy about breakdancing. God. This is my dream weapon and fighting style mixed into one. Hunter who?

The Double Saber arts are badass. But to me, Double Sabers with my Daggers and Knuckles is a bonus rather than the main attraction. A welcomed bonus, though, because now I don't need to have 2 classes to use Daggers and Double Sabers.

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 01:43 AM
So Twin Mechguns are as bad as rifles, really now? And I imagine that Gunner won't even have Weak Hit Advance in his skill-tree...

Aeris
Aug 31, 2012, 01:43 AM
Mechgun PAs are more from PSZ since i know how those PAs attack like.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 01:45 AM
So Twin Mechguns are as bad as rifles, really now?

I have a suspicion that they're worse! See that ripply effect? I think that's where the bullets stop.

Yes, where the bullets stop.

Mechguns always had very short ranges, and I guess they added a graphical effect for when the bullets stop going fast for no apparent reason besides videogames.

Looks pretty neat though.

GreenArcher
Aug 31, 2012, 01:49 AM
Dat hype.
Gimme dis update.

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 01:50 AM
So Twin Mechguns are as bad as rifles, really now? And I imagine that Gunner won't even have Weak Hit Advance in his skill-tree...
Gunners do get the combo skill though and that increases the PA damage for everybody so it's kind of like weak bullet but no exactly like.

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 01:53 AM
Gunners do get the combo skill though and that increases the PA damage for everybody so it's kind of like weak bullet but no exactly like.

By Weak Hit Advance I meant the passive skill that raises damage to weaks spots, with it maxed out you go from doubling the damage to tripling/quadrupling on weak spots.

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2012, 01:54 AM
Okay, yeah. They really went outta their way to spruce up the animations.

DEM MECHGUNZ.

https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mSC8awUbY3nyOrjQ4n4itIpRXrZAtuZmGGoETqXHiqYHA2MJ mH6LlPnwWn9YFb_ojwJwR9pkBmBTAe48pVcSiFnTHzFjbR6RXn 72hOiYaqd0bgkaRvdGvXw/3732768%2B_3af82752f6304ffdda12fa02fd01e629.jpg?ps id=1

Edit: LEVEL 11 TECHS OHMIGAWWWWD (note: I'm entirely guessing here based on the deband animation. we're not getting those this update. sneaky bastards.)

Edit #2: DEMPSEY ROLL PA LOOOL

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 02:00 AM
By Weak Hit Advance I meant the passive skill that raises damage to weaks spots, with it maxed out you go from doubling the damage to tripling/quadrupling on weak spots.
Yeah. I read gigawut's post about bullets and scrolled up to read your post and the weak + bullets lodged themselves in my head as weak bullet. Still, it may be possible to use the combo skill to the same effect as a weak bullet + weak hit advance. It's hard to tell without knowing what other skills gunners have.

PKS
Aug 31, 2012, 02:04 AM
I... want my... Guld Milla back... right now! RIGHT NOW DAMN IT!

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 02:07 AM
I... want my... Guld Milla back... right now! RIGHT NOW DAMN IT!

So you want it to be a mid tier rare that becomes obsolete after a few level cap increases? I'd rather save the awesome weapons for high tier, when level cap gets pretty far up there. ^^;

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:09 AM
Judging by the leap (which I am almost certain has invulnerability frames, but it may not), the melee-style PA arrangement, and close range nature of mechguns, I'm inclined to believe they're meant to be pretty much melee weapons for rangers. They're probably meant to partially address the lack of actual interactivity with rangers, and make their combat more interesting like hunters.

Which suggests to me they'll have the highest potential damage, as a reward for getting closer and risking more. You'd need to combo and chain, but you get more damage for it. The loss is with weak bullet resulting in less teamwork potential. But that might be what subclasses are for.

Honestly I'm noticing a few things here that I'd think would only result from feedback. Daggers getting gear based around staying airborne? That's GOT to be from positive feedback re: airborne attacks, which are a load of fun with all weapons. Rangers and forces getting weapons that closely blend with hunter playstyles? That could also be from feedback, but then could've been part of the long term plan.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2012, 02:09 AM

rifles are bad? when did this happen?

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 02:16 AM
Mechguns playstyle looks like a mixture between DMC gunplay and Haseo's Dual Guns from .Hack//G.U. look awesome, will make leveling Gunner a lot less tedious than Ranger. ^^

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 02:17 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120912/02/image/pa_ss_02_l.jpg

oh hey shockwave ground pounds! well that makes me a bit happier. I miss the rocket fist PSU move where you'd do a multi-punch E-Honda type move at the beginning. I hope there's something like that again. I mean its futuristic space-gloves in a very unrealistic game. They have the freedom to be as ridiculous and over the top as they like! (just look at the twin mech guns!)

I suppose I'll hold my judgement on fists until I see all the PAs.

bryanbtje
Aug 31, 2012, 02:19 AM
Give me those Mechguns! NAO!!

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 02:23 AM
rifles are bad? when did this happen?
It happens when you don't use sneak shot and weak bullet. Geddit?

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 02:24 AM
I'm assuming we've seen at least 5 fist PAs...

Out of 6 OR 7...

So if I don't see a grapple or a kick (highly doubt grapple, or either at this point) then yeah... it's just normal plain boxing moves, MAYBE there'll be a falcon punch somewhere... D:

There IS a mini speedy machinegun rocket punch thingie that looks cool and an uppercut... But meh @ "dempsy roll" and simple looking punches.

Also they meant "Machine gun is as bad as mechgun" in terms of weak bullet and the chaining system being similar to making your party over powered.

Spellbinder
Aug 31, 2012, 02:25 AM
I didn't see it mentioned so I checked the official site to be sure.

Regarding the new Technique using class, they can add elemental effects to their physical attacks, which explains some of their animations in the video.

Also, it stated that an enhanced area of effect with Resta, Shifta, and Deband is one of the defining characteristics of this class, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on Lv 11+ support techs having that wide range.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how this new class together with our current Force in a main class / sub class combination is going to pan out. I've got my fingers crossed that it turns out to be something fun.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:28 AM
I'm assuming we've seen at least 5 fist PAs...

Out of 6 OR 7...

So if I don't see a grapple or a kick (highly doubt grapple, or either at this point) then yeah... it's just normal plain boxing moves, MAYBE there'll be a falcon punch somewhere... D:

There IS a mini speedy machinegun rocket punch thingie that looks cool and an uppercut... But meh @ "dempsy roll" and simple looking punches.

Also they meant "Machine gun is as bad as mechgun" in terms of weak bullet and the chaining system being similar to making your party over powered.

Chaining will supposedly be a damage buff for only the person who cast it. Anyone can contribute to the chain count, when the caster finishes the chain the caster get a damage boost. So it's more like a fury stance that everyone can help buff, than it is like weak bullet.

edit: changed some pretty unspecific wording and instead just made it redundant

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 02:36 AM
Going back to the update site, it says that everything that is in the AC scratch is tradeable, from element changers to costumes. Everything. That still sets the price of the 14 item color change pass at 2800 meseta AC though.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 31, 2012, 02:56 AM
Think you meant yen there Mike. :3 If only they were 2800 meseta.

Anyway, I was already sold on Twin Daggers, so this merely solidified my interest in them. Mechguns look pretty snazzy too. Doublesaber and Knuckles seem pretty standard though. I'll reserve judgement on Wands until I actually try them out.

I like the wings units, but a pity they only come in yellow... unless they change colour to match the owner, which would make it a must hunt/buy for me as well. XD

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 02:57 AM
Going back to the update site, it says that everything that is in the AC scratch is tradeable, from element changers to costumes. Everything. That still sets the price of the 14 item color change pass at 2800 meseta though.

but even with that said you could just stock up on a bunch of AC outfits at a few thousand meseta a piece right now and turn them into recolor tickets once the update goes live. compared to buying a rappy suit for 1.5 mil, that is a bargain, that's like 40k for a recolor if you find some good deals for outfits on the player shops. ^^;

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2012, 02:59 AM
It happens when you don't use sneak shot and weak bullet. Geddit?
or use the machine gun and shotgun pa. those seem to work fine... anyways back on topic I can't wait for these new classes

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 03:03 AM
or use the machine gun and shotgun pa. those seem to work fine... anyways back on topic I can't wait for these new classes

...or switch to launcher and deal twice the damage with normal shots to not just one enemy, but to a whole group. Do I need to say more or get it already?

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 03:04 AM
So like...

No new areas right...? o_o

Dammy
Aug 31, 2012, 03:05 AM
i like double sabers and new techs from that video
didnt like anything else, and need more info on wands

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 03:14 AM
So like...

No new areas right...? o_o

There's Normal Tundra and Mines if you consider that a new area. ^^

eros124797
Aug 31, 2012, 03:17 AM
The twin guns look sick, Can't wait to
Use them, just hope I can switch the colors of my cast now

ScottyMango
Aug 31, 2012, 03:42 AM
The daggers look absolutely sick.

And lol some of those Mechgun moves look like they copied the animation file straight outa DMC3... not that I'm complaining.

Wayu
Aug 31, 2012, 03:57 AM
Someone upload a non-Youtube verison pl0x? T_T

-Wayu

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 03:59 AM
Think you meant yen there Mike. :3 If only they were 2800 meseta.
Whoops. Fixed that. 2800 yen color changes would be nice though.

blace
Aug 31, 2012, 04:01 AM
Someone upload a non-Youtube verison pl0x? T_T

-Wayu
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ1MjYyNzY0.html

It's slightly poorer than YouTube's quality but it should be viewable in China.

cheapgunner
Aug 31, 2012, 04:08 AM
tWin daggers looked amazing. I think I saw a boomerang PA for them in the vid. :D

Mechguns looked lulzy at first but have their own trick rave-lite move to boot.

Fists were pretty sweet as well.

MCF
Aug 31, 2012, 04:10 AM
farm hardcore now for up coming patch :)

Nerineri
Aug 31, 2012, 04:24 AM
I wonder who will be the NPC for each of these new classes~

1. Fighter > Sara? Maria? That Gutten..something something?
2. Gunner > Have we met another NPC other than our normal casts yet?
3. Techer > Hmm, I dunno, maybe some random NPC that we met on the floating island? The one that wield the ridiculously huge wand/staff? What's her name again? I can't remember - -

watersea
Aug 31, 2012, 04:26 AM
anything is better than a launcher anyway. twin machine guns would be interesting to test whether it will outshine the rifle or not

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 04:32 AM
anything is better than a rifle anyway.
Fixed that for you.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 31, 2012, 04:47 AM
@Nerineri: We already know Gechtemhart is the poster boy for Knuckles. We haven't yet seen what Melfonsina uses in battle, same as with Patty and Thea. I've seen Sara in the fields before during Code Attacks, so I don't think she's the twin dagger user, even though she does fit the archetype.

Of course Sega could retcon some of that in the September update.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 05:06 AM
@Nerineri: We already know Gechtemhart is the poster boy for Knuckles. We haven't yet seen what Melfonsina uses in battle, same as with Patty and Thea. I've seen Sara in the fields before during Code Attacks, so I don't think she's the twin dagger user, even though she does fit the archetype.

Of course Sega could retcon some of that in the September update.

Tia uses Tali
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up16250.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

watersea
Aug 31, 2012, 05:10 AM
Fixed that for you.

don't want to ruin it for you but all the capped players are using rifles over launchers. only the less skilled players tend to rely on launchers because rifles are either too difficult for them or the players themselves dont know any better yet.

jooozek
Aug 31, 2012, 05:25 AM
don't want to ruin it for you but all the capped players are using rifles over launchers. only the less skilled players tend to rely on launchers because rifles are either too difficult for them or the players themselves dont know any better yet.

So you think that picking the lowest possible dps and using autotarget takes skill? :-?

Miyoko
Aug 31, 2012, 05:28 AM
I think I'm the first person to say that both Twin Daggers* and Mechs look incredibly bland and lame. I hate that mechs are coming back in general, but now to learn that they're coming back with the chaining system? Uhg. Interest just went in the toilet.

Knuckles looked pretty fun though, but, I'll try it all out before I make a final judgement call on anything. Maybe daggers will be more fun than they look and knuckles with suck, who knows! :O

Those mechs, though... God damnit. Why couldn't we have got -any- other kind of gun?

Micro
Aug 31, 2012, 05:35 AM
I think I'm the first person to say that both Twin Sabers and Mechs look incredibly bland and lame. I hate that mechs are coming back in general, but now to learn that they're coming back with the chaining system? Uhg. Interest just went in the toilet.

Knuckles looked pretty fun though, but, I'll try it all out before I make a final judgement call on anything. Maybe daggers will be more fun than they look and knuckles with suck, who knows! :O

Those mechs, though... God damnit. Why couldn't we have got -any- other kind of gun?

I don't really care for the mechs myself either. Not sure if you meant Twin Daggers or Double Saber, if Daggers I agree again. Don't really care for air combos and all that jazz. But I'll give them a try anyways just because. :lol:

Techer is the most appealing to me so far.

Miyoko
Aug 31, 2012, 05:39 AM
I don't really care for the mechs myself either. Not sure if you meant Twin Daggers or Double Saber, if Daggers I agree again. Don't really care for air combos and all that jazz. But I'll give them a try anyways just because. :lol:

Techer is the most appealing to me so far.

Oops! Yes, twin daggers. Thank you for noticing that. Double sabers look pretty much like I expected, and that's just fine! Twin daggers just don't look like they have any oomph.

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 06:00 AM
Knuckles looked pretty fun though

Says the person who has Captain Falcon in their sig haha. ^^;

Mike
Aug 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
I think I'm the first person to say that both Twin Daggers* and Mechs look incredibly bland and lame. I hate that mechs are coming back in general, but now to learn that they're coming back with the chaining system? Uhg. Interest just went in the toilet.
You do know chaining is a skill now, right?

EDIT: That was a bit vauge. I mean like weak bullet is a skill. It's only active when somebody uses it on an enemy.

Miyoko
Aug 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
Says the person who has Captain Falcon in their sig haha. ^^;

Hey! I used more than just Bogga Zubba! I used Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken Bogga Robado, too!

You do know chaining is a skill now, right?

Oh, yes, very aware. But I still hated it in PSP2 and thought it was an excruciatingly dumb idea (wasn't quite as bad in PSZ though). "Optional" skill or not, the class will still likely be based around it.

Whit
Aug 31, 2012, 06:23 AM
This whole update seems pretty lackluster to me. Hopefully I'll think otherwise when I'm actually using these new weapons.

Jonth
Aug 31, 2012, 07:05 AM
This whole update seems pretty lackluster to me. Hopefully I'll think otherwise when I'm actually using these new weapons.

But... Eck... How could... This update is awesome! If they could somehow squeeze the juice out of this update, and put it in a pill, you would then have an awesome pill!

But seriously, to me at least this is the single most exciting thing to happen since the game released.

Gardios
Aug 31, 2012, 07:09 AM
Twin Daggers are the midair combo class? I think I found my new favourite weapon type.

Galerianx
Aug 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Twin Daggers look like they be good for flying mobs
Double sabers just like the pso days :D
angel wings yes plus and i hope they have devil wings 2
flame units what!!
to much jizz in one vid lets just see what in part 2 of the update :P

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 07:39 AM
So... in FFXI terms...
Hunter = Tank
Fighter = Warrior
Ranger = Ranger
Gunner = Thief
Force = White mage
Techer = Black Mage

more or less

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 07:58 AM
I have had zero interest in playing a Ranger, but twin mech guns look FUN!

Gama
Aug 31, 2012, 08:06 AM
daggers look great :3

darkante
Aug 31, 2012, 08:07 AM
Holy fuck, that video! Now i really want to play as an Fighter just for Double Saber and Twin Daggers, also those Twin Mechgun is as wicked as i wanted them to be.
Knuckles looks nice too...now if the class only had a Wire Lance too then i would completely abandon the Hunter class.

Yey! I were afraid they were gonna make Twin Mechgun too bland, but i´m glad to be proven wrong. :D

Crimson Exile
Aug 31, 2012, 08:11 AM
Holy fuck, that video! Now i really want to play as an Fighter just for Double Saber and Twin Daggers, also those Twin Mechgun is as wicked as i wanted them to be.
Knuckles looks nice too...now if the class only had a Wire Lance too then i would completely abandon the Hunter class.

Yey! I were afraid they were gonna make Twin Mechgun too bland, but i´m glad to be proven wrong. :D
Yeah twin Mechguns remind me of Dante from Devil May Cry (also another game but I can't remember it at the moment)

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah twin Mechguns remind me of Dante from Devil May Cry (also another game but I can't remember it at the moment)

Final Fantasy 13

Gun-Black Mage "Sazh Katzroy"
Gunner/Techer

darkante
Aug 31, 2012, 08:13 AM

Haha, yeah Dante is one of my alltime favorite character. ^^

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 08:16 AM

I think you're thinking of Resonance of Fate. :)

Which makes sense because SEGA did that too.

Ezodagrom
Aug 31, 2012, 08:40 AM
Looks like not only they're adding normal mode Tundra, Mines and Sky Land, they're also lowering the requirements for some high level quests.

- Tundra, Mines, and Floating Continent Normal Difficulty Quests
- Eased the minimum levels you have to be to accept some high level quests.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-new-weapon-categories-and-new-classes-update-september-12th-2012/

Gardios
Aug 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Maybe I'll finally unlock Free Field Mines and Sky Land then. :lol:

Spellbinder
Aug 31, 2012, 08:56 AM
Force = White mage
Techer = Black Mage

more or less

Considering Techer is the one with boosted range on support skills and they both probably hit very hard with their Technics (I know at least Force does)... this logic escapes me.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 09:03 AM
Considering Techer is the one with boosted range on support skills and they both probably hit very hard with their Technics (I know at least Force does)... this logic escapes me.

I thought Techer was supposed to be more geared towards damage techs, or was that changed somewhere i didn't see.

Darki
I thought Techer was supposed to be more geared towards damage techs, or was that changed somewhere i didn't see.

Yeah, if anything, FO would be the offensive mage and techer the supportive one. At least, it seems that it will have support-oriented skills, and that video what shows is that the techer will have good "normal attacks" with the wand, kinda like an Acrotecher, I'd say.

I really like the air spells, but I would have liked that we still had the earth element, seven elements would have been a neat number.

Jonth
Yeah, I'm with Spellbinder. Techer looks more like Red Made in terms of FFXI terms.

I haven't seen anything about Techers being geared towards damage techs before. Chances are, they will have slightly less T-ATK than forces, but not enough to cripple. Also, they will be less squishy, wands will do more melee damage (plus there is that wand gear that puts out a T-ATK burst when you melee... going to be so awesome), and will be better with support due in part with the added survive-ability and then also because of the skill that adds range to support techs.

HFlowen
Aug 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
I laughed way too hard at those twin mech gun bullettime moves. Those are PAs right? I don't HAVE to use them?

darkante
Aug 31, 2012, 09:29 AM
Gonna have to shake your money makers if you want things done with your guns.

Nah jk, no idea.

HFlowen
Aug 31, 2012, 09:31 AM
The forums are being derpy and not letting me edit posts. Seems like some PAs were slowed down and some werent in that vid, so if you can actually control it, I'd be happy.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 09:36 AM
THOSE F*CKING MECHGUNS!

SO. DAMN. STOKED.

Laxedrane
Aug 31, 2012, 09:37 AM
So... in FFXI terms...
Hunter = Tank
Fighter = Warrior
Ranger = Ranger
Gunner = Thief
Force = White mage
Techer = Black Mage

more or less

Hmmm, I think your off on this anology.

Hunter= Warrior. Specializes in heavy weapons, can either be a tank or go on the offensive.(In this game depending on the tree.)

Fighter- is a little tough to place but I say the closest would be thief combined with sam. Thief with abilities to deal extra damage from the back and sam from the front. The light weapon specialty of a thief with the mild defensive ability of a sam.

Ranger- the obvious choice for this would be ranger but strictly on weapon. If you compare skills and abilities you will find ranger from pso2 is much closer to ninja. Between the trap consumables and the debuffing bullets. It get's a more ninja feel. Although one could argue that the fact we could change our ammo to debuffing ammo be the same thing though.. I guess it comes down to how you like to consider traps. So ninja or ranger, or both!

Gunner- Dancer for sure. Not only becuase of the yay bulltime/bayonetta(Since sega actually made that game) could be called dancing. But closest thing in ffxi has to the chaining system is the step system that dancers have.

Here's where things get really confusing for me

Force is white mage? Really? The others really only come down to personal opinion but force is white mage? Their whole skill tree is based around offense. Techer has support tech range boost and will have a light path on the skill tree but force is white mage?

Anyways

Force- Black mage. Despite the fact they can heal and buff their tree doesn't touch that fact. Their whole tree helps them be more offensive besides the 1 T defense on the ice path.

Techer- Boosts the effect of support spells? Can add spells to their melee attack? Will have higher offensive ability?

HELLO RED MAGE!

Those are my opinion anyways.

Crysteon
Aug 31, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm not hyped nor impressed at all. The only Fighter weapon that seems sort of strong at this point are Double Sabers....daggers and knuckles seem to depend a lot of extremely close combat. It's sorta hard to judge the DPS outcome of each weapon, since the vid just show really weak and generic versions of them in action. Oh well....

Jonth
Aug 31, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not hyped nor impressed at all. The only Fighter weapon that seems sort of strong at this point are Double Sabers....daggers and knuckles seem to depend a lot of extremely close combat. It's sorta hard to judge the DPS outcome of each weapon, since the vid just show really weak and generic versions of them in action. Oh well....

Nay sayer.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hmmm, I think your off on this anology.

Hunter= Warrior. Specializes in heavy weapons, can either be a tank or go on the offensive.(In this game depending on the tree.)

As an expert Warrior, it doesn't specialize in heavy weapons. It generally specializes in weapons versatility and leans more towards damage than tanking, but can tank. Honestly Warrior is harder to pin down due to its versatility. I guess you could say Hunter is like Tank Warrior or Dragoon,

Fighter- is a little tough to place but I say the closest would be thief combined with sam. Thief with abilities to deal extra damage from the back and sam from the front. The light weapon specialty of a thief with the mild defensive ability of a sam.

Its closer to Monk, thief, samurai, and warrior

Ranger- the obvious choice for this would be ranger but strictly on weapon. If you compare skills and abilities you will find ranger from pso2 is much closer to ninja. Between the trap consumables and the debuffing bullets. It get's a more ninja feel. Although one could argue that the fact we could change our ammo to debuffing ammo be the same thing though.. I guess it comes down to how you like to consider traps. So ninja or ranger, or both!

FFXI Ranger is a good enough and more accurate to cover all the PSO2 Ranger skills. But the trap thing I'll give you is like Ninja I think we should list all FFXI classes and put what the Class/sub-class combo from PSO2 is like.

Gunner- Dancer for sure. Not only becuase of the yay bulltime/bayonetta(Since sega actually made that game) could be called dancing. But closest thing in ffxi has to the chaining system is the step system that dancers have.

Here's where things get really confusing for me

Force is white mage? Really? The others really only come down to personal opinion but force is white mage? Their whole skill tree is based around offense. Techer has support tech range boost and will have a light path on the skill tree but force is white mage?

Anyways

Force- Black mage. Despite the fact they can heal and buff their tree doesn't touch that fact. Their whole tree helps them be more offensive besides the 1 T defense on the ice path.

Techer- Boosts the effect of support spells? Can add spells to their melee attack? Will have higher offensive ability?

HELLO RED MAGE!

Those are my opinion anyways.

Yeah I agree with that. I was misinformed.

Arika
Aug 31, 2012, 10:07 AM

I think the most generic knuckle will be the most Dps one. (because simple is usually the most effective way to go. Heat gear is also help a lot, never need to recharge)

Other 2 weapon has gear up and down, and it is more tricky play which could be more fun. But generally, I doubt it will work as well as the most simply "just keep attacking".

Carillon
Aug 31, 2012, 10:11 AM
wow. looks like gunner is going to suck. appears to bring nothing to the table that ranger doesn't already do better.

otoh, new zonde spell. and looks like zanado might actually vacuum, but it's hard to tell.

they didn't do a very good job of selling knucks. were any PAs even used?

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
FFXI -> PSO2... I have a headache and don't know all of these jobs (Blue Mage+) so :P

Warrior (Fighter/Hunter or Hunter/Fighter)
Monk (Fighter/Hunter Fists)
Thief (Fighter/Hunter Dagger)
White Mage (Force/Techer)
Black Mage (Force/Techer)
Red Mage (Fighter/Techer)
Paladin (Hunter/Force)
Dark Knight (Hunter/Techer)
Beast Master (NA)
Bard (Techer Fighter)
Ranger (Ranger/?)
Samurai (Hunter/?)
Ninja (Fighter/Ranger)
Dragoon (Hunter/Fighter Partisan)
Summoner (NA)
Blue Mage (NA)
Corsair (?)
Puppetmaster (NA)
Dancer (Fighter/Techer?)
Scholar (Techer/Fighter)

Coatl
Aug 31, 2012, 10:51 AM
*Sees mecha guns perform Dante's Bullet Rain*
*foams in mouth*

Dx God damn so cool.

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
Aw, I'm going to be mainstream for using twin daggers? I've been wanting to main those since the game came out, and now I'm going to be part of the crowd. Considering I've been doing exactly what everyone else has been doing so far anyway, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Monkeyx
Aug 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
*Sees mecha guns perform Dante's Bullet Rain*
*foams in mouth*

Dx God damn so cool.
BAD!
we dont need anymore Neo matrix wanna-be's, there's too many of them as there is o.O
plus, all the gunner looks like he is good for is jumping around and looking cool, while being absolutely useless as a team player, caring more about how they look doing something than how effective they are in a party

In summation: gunner is effectively equivalent to a wired lance user in a party: USELESS BUT FAB

EDIT: also, i want dem knuckles... i kinda fell in love with unarmed combat mechanics since i boxed the Rock Bear, Caterdran, and Gwanaha (get over the spelling error) on a dare :D

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 11:26 AM
....one of the best players I know in this game uses WL exclusively. None of the weapons in this game are useless. >_>;

I think Mechs are going to be fine, they're just trying to hype everything up, and give the playerbase as much cheesecake as they can. I think the point of this style is that you can attack while evading, considering you're moving and attacking in all the PAs.

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
Wired lance, useless?

Boy, you don't know what yer talkin' about...

kkow
Aug 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
well glad they brought back combo meter, but i hope it isn't like weak bullet in cd and usage. it is a skill and not an innate right? /lazytoread

Ana-Chan
Aug 31, 2012, 11:36 AM

Fighter is generally a very close range combat class. As shamelesly stolen from the bumped blog post at http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-new-weapon-categories-and-new-classes-update-september-12th-2012/

"Fighters are a new class that excels with lightweight weapons. Their forte is super short distance combat. To start this new class you must be level 30 in Hunter and clear a client order."

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
well glad they brought back combo meter, but i hope it isn't like weak bullet in cd and usage. it is a skill and not an innate right? /lazytoread

Gunner skill, like Ranger's weak bullet.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2012, 11:42 AM
Here's a question in which the answer may or may not be obvious, but I'm sure it's on some people's minds besides my own:

Will CAST parts work towards the 14-item total for Recolor Tickets? I know they worked in the CBT, but who knows if SEGA changed it...

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Here's a question in which the answer may or may not be obvious, but I'm sure it's on some people's minds besides my own:

Will CAST parts work towards the 14-item total for Recolor Tickets? I know they worked in the CBT, but who knows if SEGA changed it...

Well, we don't have enough info.
But Cast part should count as individual AC Scratch item, like human/newman clothing too.

The Mag stuff, might take AC Scratch, or another possibility, is Photon Drop.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
That's my main question, and it's great because cast parts are piss cheap.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
That's my main question, and it's great because cast parts are piss cheap.

Well, people are getting wise to the update information. All CAST parts have more or less gone up to 20k a piece last time I checked.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I'ev just looked at that. Crap. Well, it was nice getting parts cheap while it lasted. I haven't paid more than 20k for a full costume yet, barring heads which are loltastic.

darkante
Aug 31, 2012, 11:50 AM
That will be a bit costly, but it´s nothing compared to before.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 11:51 AM
What everyone should be worried about is that Fighter might be completely useless since a lot of people view Hunters as pretty useless due to their limited range. WL is probably the best for a hunter to use solely due to the range issues. Fighter from what can be seen is even worse in that aspects, especially since they are even closer melee fighters. Fighters from what I see look like will have an even worse time with bosses than Hunters unless Fighter weapons have some sort of stun on them.

Crysteon
Aug 31, 2012, 11:53 AM
What everyone should be worried about is that Fighter might be completely useless since a lot of people view Hunters as pretty useless due to their limited range. WL is probably the best for a hunter to use solely due to the range issues. Fighter from what can be seen is even worse in that aspects, especially since they are even closer melee fighters. Fighters from what I see look like will have an even worse time with bosses than Hunters unless Fighter weapons have some sort of stun on them.

Fighters'd better have a higher SATK bonus than Hunter, otherwise...the class wont be worth the hassle imo.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 11:54 AM
Er, if anything WL was the worst because it needed to grab an enemy. Most hunters will agree that it's sonic arrow and speed rain that make the hunter arguably viable in MPA's.

In that regard, double sabers have quite a few options for mobile attacks, including a stunlock shield which depending on how it works may even stall enemies jumping at you which used to be a moderate problem if enough were jumping you at once from enough angles (set dinians anyone?).

Coatl
Aug 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
New Skills
Brave Stance: Damage decreases when attacking the enemy from behind, and damage increases when attacking the front of the enemy.
Wise Stance: Damage decreases when attacking the front of the enemy, and damage increases when attacking the enemy from behind.

Which do you guys think would be better for fighter? o.o
I wonder what ragne's legs would count as.

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 12:09 PM

I would think it depends on the fight and where their weakspot is.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 PM

Depends on the situation, number of people, etc.

For soloing? I'd say brave. Just smack them in the face and be done with it.

Full MPA's? I'd also say brave. Most enemies die so quickly that it won't really matter, but you won't have time to maneuver and worry about getting behind an enemy, so that's my reasoning for brave.

small groups? I'd say wise, maybe. You have backup, but not enough that EVERYTHING just falls over at a glance.

Plus, wise should be useful for bosses, depending on the hitboxes.

Me personally? I shall be punching things. In the face. So brave.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 12:11 PM
Apparently fighter's weapons all already suck except for one of them and nobodies even played them yet.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:12 PM
Nah ignore the haters fighter is gonna rock, it's all everything I love about sword taken to entirely new levels.

I would think it depends on the fight and where their weakspot it.

Pretty much my sentiments too. I just hope they're not separated skills, and they don't cost 10 SP each to max out. Just pack them together into one single skill that unlocks both abilties, that you can max out with just 10 SP.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 12:13 PM
Apparently fighter's weapons all already suck except for one of them and nobodies even played them yet.

I was trying not to say it. XD

But yeah, I don't care what everyone else is saying. I'll be using knuckles - I've been waiting for them. Dbl sabers can suck it. XD

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 PM
Not seeing much love for swords going on here, lol. I didn't see any new sword PAs (or any swords used period) in the PV, so where does that leave me as a sword only HU? Oh and I'm glad they did what I was hoping they would do and give the knuckles a Dempsey Roll style PA, heh. I'm going to love my new alt~

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
Not seeing much love for swords going on here, lol. I didn't see any new sword PAs (or any swords used period) in the PV, so where does that leave me as a sword only HU? Oh and I'm glad they did what I was hoping they would do and give the knuckles a Dempsey Roll style PA, heh. I'm going to love my new alt~

The video was showing off the new things being added. Swords are already in the game, ergo they are not in the video, just like launchers, wiredlances, partizans, etc etc.

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Not sure if this holds any ground but the title of the video includes the words Part 1.

Triple_S
Aug 31, 2012, 12:23 PM
I didn't see any new sword PAs (or any swords used period) in the PV, so where does that leave me as a sword only HU?

As exactly that: A sword-only Hunter. Fighter doesn't apply to you.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 12:25 PM
Not sure if this holds any ground but the title of the video includes the words Part 1.

Yes, like the sky dragon update, it's split into two-part.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:25 PM

Erm, there's nothing for swords because this update is about new classes with mainly new weapons, as is especially the case for fighter who doesn't use ANY hunter-exclusive weapons.

If your playstyle is perfectly fit by an existing class then this won't do much for you; not even getting fighter weapons via subclass will do anything for you.

This is pretty much the same as asking "What does PSO2 do for me, as a Phantasy Star I fan? I don't see ANY turn based fighting!"

hbmizzle10
Aug 31, 2012, 12:31 PM
alright my question is how are the new classes going to play like? are they solely just weaponed based? or are they going to play into strategy as well? cause honestly i'm hoping they give me a reason to play as a hunewm other than just looks.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
alright my question is how are the new classes going to play like? are they solely just weaponed based? or are they going to play into strategy as well? cause honestly i'm hoping they give me a reason to play as a hunewm other than just looks.

they basically are adding new weapons and skills for the weapons, but they can't just add a bunch of weapons and skills to an already existing class because most people have already used their skill points and they'd require more anyways.

So the new classes are just a easy way to bring in a new set of weapon types along with skills.

EDIT: Also the fighter seems to be based on quick attacks, air-combos, and mobility with double sabers as they have no block or dodge.

Gunner is fun, stylish, can dodge while attacking, and can build up and release chains with mechguns.

Techer is a sort of red mage. Their buffs and heals have a wider range and they specialize in light, dark, and wind techs. Also they can build up their gear so that they can cast multiple spells in a row as if they were charged without having to charge them and can add elemental attributes to their melee attacks. (They're wands do more damage than rods too in s-atk. they're more close-quarters/support oriented)

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 12:38 PM
Apparently there'll be new PAs in general. and datamining had 7 PA's each weapon.

So in general there's a number of things that haven't shown...

But I'm also hoping there's more than just 1 new PA added to our usual amount.

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 12:38 PM

I made my character a HUnewm specifically for the fact that newman get a higher bonus to techs, and I'm either going Hunter/Techer or Hunter/Force depending on how it works.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2012, 12:41 PM
I made my character a HUnewm specifically for the fact that newman get a higher bonus to techs, and I'm either going Hunter/Techer or Hunter/Force depending on how it works.

subclasses aren't released until october so you'll be waiting a bit longer for that :/

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 12:44 PM
subclasses aren't released until october so you'll be waiting a bit longer for that :/

I have patience :)

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:46 PM
A thought strikes my mind.

With wind techs coming, will we find out what the mirage status effect does?

Blundy
Aug 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
they brought back the dagger throw one from portable, too bad those things seem aerial based.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Durr hurr. Look guys, I know this PV was about the new classes and weapons, but there were new PAs listed as well (new PAs also for pre-existing weapons), which is why I asked where the love for the sword love was since I didn't see a new PA for the sword at all in this PV. Yet, there were plenty of new PAs for other weapons we already have :|

Jay6
Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Not enough people talking about Techers in this thread... ;_;
I guess techs like Megid isn't anything big to talk about. :/

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
All signs indicate that Megid is Foie with poison instead of burn. And more eye singing.

Coatl
Aug 31, 2012, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't say Megid is like Foie.
For one, they look a lot slower than the Foie techs. I don't mean the charge time either.
Just wait until techers come out and see for yourselves.

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
Techer techs charge so fast... D:

Ce'Nedra
Aug 31, 2012, 01:57 PM
All of my money NAO

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah good point, forgot about the charge time. I more meant being heavy hitting with a DOT effect.

I guess my mind is trying to compare them to things, when in reality the last thing I want is the techer to just be a tanky force with different color techs. I'm hoping they're all drastically different and unique.

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Cake sisters? How have I not posted these before?

[spoiler-box]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/SNES%20junk/Shop.png
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/SNES%20junk/P-STAR4005.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I've noticed that the new classes seems more meleey than our current classes. Fighter loses any range that hunter has, and mechs seem much shorter ranged as well compared to other guns. Techers get that bonus to wand attack power, meaning they'll probably be smacking things around too.
And, as a hunter fanatic, I approve of more melee classes.

And, about twin daggers being a midair weapon... At first, I didn't like the thought. It seemed like it'd be more about flash than practicality. But then I realized, I'd be swimming, in the air! Perfect!

Gardios
Aug 31, 2012, 02:35 PM
They kind of need that at the front lines.

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 02:38 PM

I can't wait to be a Huntecher XD

Skye-Fox713
Aug 31, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mechguns DO WANT NAOW!!!!!!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mechguns DO WANT NAOW!!!!!!

I KNOW, RIGHT!? :D

Sephirah
Aug 31, 2012, 02:50 PM
I KNOW, RIGHT!? :D

They do look like a barrel of fun. I didn't really like ranger but I'm gonna play the hell out of gunner.

IndigoNovember
Aug 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
Going back to the update site, it says that everything that is in the AC scratch is tradeable, from element changers to costumes. Everything.

Interesting... Guess I'll scower the catalog and My Shops for cheap stuff.

Seraphus
Aug 31, 2012, 03:36 PM
Durr hurr. Look guys, I know this PV was about the new classes and weapons, but there were new PAs listed as well (new PAs also for pre-existing weapons), which is why I asked where the love for the sword love was since I didn't see a new PA for the sword at all in this PV. Yet, there were plenty of new PAs for other weapons we already have :|

Wait...what new PA's were in the video? Or were names just listed?

Anyway...this part seems out of place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU&feature=player_detailpage#t=221s

Aren't those just wired lances?

blace
Aug 31, 2012, 03:37 PM

Anyway...this part seems out of place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU&feature=player_detailpage#t=221s

Twin daggers.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 03:39 PM

There was a PA from PSZ for twin daggers that let you throw them out like boomerangs. Seems it's making a return. I'm happy, I liked that PA.

Seraphus
Aug 31, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah that's what I it was but the animation seemed too similar to wired lances...

Kazzi
Aug 31, 2012, 03:42 PM
They do look like a barrel of fun. I didn't really like ranger but I'm gonna play the hell out of gunner.

Already leveling up Ranger just so I can play with the slow mo mechguns. It looks hilarious, I can't wait to see people using them!

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
There's only so many ways you can swing your arms from your sides to in front of you.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
There's only so many ways you can swing your arms from your sides to in front of you.

I don't know why, but this struck just the right sweet spot between matter of fact and sarcasm for me to completely lose it. Thank you, good sir.

Why haven't I friended you yet?

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 03:46 PM
Dohhh, I was going to say because I was friending you first but you beat me to it!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 31, 2012, 03:47 PM
Dohhh, I was going to say because I was friending you first but you beat me to it!

HA! Booyah! (>^.^)>

Seraphus
Aug 31, 2012, 03:52 PM

Eh, well I guess they different enough in animation. However, I guess the 2 quick swings to dual swing is what confused me. (they could have changed that)

Zyrusticae
Aug 31, 2012, 04:39 PM
Sure doesn't stop the entire fighting game genre from trying, now, does it? ;-)

Mystil
Aug 31, 2012, 04:40 PM

people who've played a bunch of mmos/online games know what i'm talking about.

The Flock Class.

Stormwalker
Aug 31, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm glad to have two hunters now, because one of them is absolutely going Fighter for those Daggers. They look great.

When subclasses go, I am thinking I will go Hunter/Ranger on Katarin (what can I say, I really like gunslashes), and Fighter/Hunter on Alessandra (who has, up to this point, been my wired lance specialist, but daggers would suit her perfectly).

Silver Crow
Aug 31, 2012, 04:46 PM
dat ass.. i mean dat dagger...

Gama
Aug 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
Multiparty areas r going to get pretty crazy "lol" people flying with daggers and slo mo falling. lol

dibs on TeFigter. :D

Coatl
Aug 31, 2012, 05:48 PM
Imagine an MP full of gunners just slow-motion gunning an innocent rappy.
That'd make my day. XD

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 06:46 PM
FFFFFFFFFFF THAT'S what twin mech gun reminds me of...

The gunner from Dungeon and Fighter.

And man was that a popular class in that game...

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2012, 06:50 PM
Imagine an MP full of gunners just slow-motion gunning an innocent rappy.
That'd make my day. XD

that would be AMAZING

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 06:52 PM
So does everyone have to go in slow motion or does the ranger move normal on most people's screens.

Or will there be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of lag teleporting...

Blundy
Aug 31, 2012, 07:34 PM
pretty sure only the ranger slows down and honestly its not that hes moving slow so much as he's just floating around lol.

Chacron
Aug 31, 2012, 07:39 PM
Multiparty areas r going to get pretty crazy "lol" people flying with daggers and slo mo falling. lol

dibs on TeFigter. :D

Dibs on TieFighter? The Empire might take kindly to you taking their ships.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 31, 2012, 07:39 PM
John Woo and Dante have shit on me once this class comes out. /theNextNeo

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2012, 07:41 PM
pretty sure only the ranger slows down and honestly its not that hes moving slow so much as he's just floating around lol.

But the monster slows down too...

In PSZ it was only the ranger moving slow, though.

Lostbob117
Aug 31, 2012, 07:49 PM
Mechguns look surpirsingly fun and so does fighter I might go fighter gunner when subs come out.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 31, 2012, 07:56 PM
I can't wait to use Fighter and Gunner, and then in October use them Both as Main and Sub. that's what I've been waiting for. ^^

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 08:28 PM
Gonna play them all don't hate focast for life represent

peace

pikachief
Sep 1, 2012, 12:15 AM
But the monster slows down too...

In PSZ it was only the ranger moving slow, though.

I've watched it 3 times now and I have not noticed any monster slow down.

Until I watched it again the 4th time lol I only noticed the big darker with the laser beam slow down and only because im sure that the laser moves faster than that. I'm sure it'll work out. I don't know why they'd make the enemy slow down if it would mess with everyone else but with SEGA you cant really tell lol

lostinseganet
Sep 1, 2012, 12:18 AM
I don't think it has been posted yet since PhantasyStarCh uploaded it to their channel not even half an hour ago, so you should be good. :)

I'm not going to lie, those duel pistol PAs made me smile. They look pretty ridiculous. In a good way, of course! And now I can finally use Double Sabers again!

And I had a feeling we would get a wind Tech! I'm hoping they're calling it Zan. And the new dark attacks are Megid and Gimegid, maybe? Also, when they were showing the new PAs, I'm guessing the Techs being shown were the Lv11+?

Oh, is that what that was? I noticed they were using their melee with Tech attacks. That's exciting. I wonder if that would apply with Talises as well? " melee with Tech attacks" that was something I suggested wayy back. I feel justified.

goldwing
Sep 1, 2012, 12:22 AM
cant stop watching this. im going to over hype myself and then be disappointed if this keeps up. anyone got a specific day tho?

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2012, 12:29 AM
I keep hearing September 13th, supposedly the day the premium box set releases, which is meant to coincide with the update's release.

TheBFace
Sep 1, 2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't know there was a fourth maxtrix?!

What's this got to do with PSO though?

goldwing
Sep 1, 2012, 12:42 AM
13th. not bad i suppose ok tyvm

Coatl
Sep 1, 2012, 12:53 AM
If we are getting these it will have to be in the 12th of september.
That's when we have our weekly maints.
Unless they decide to change it up just this one time.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 1, 2012, 12:14 PM
so those twin pistols, are those the twin machine guns?? because, they don't seem too machine-gunny to me+^_^+ i was kinda expecting then to shoot something like;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU1aY6gIdE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU1aY6gIdE

(i know, not best video, but i was kinda thinking the empty clip PA the rifle has, but dual wielded and that it's a normal attack) i don't wanna do cartwheels, i wanna through very large quantities of bullets in a general direction!!!+^_^+

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2012, 12:22 PM
so those twin pistols, are those the twin machine guns?? because, they don't seem too machine-gunny to me+^_^+ i was kinda expecting then to shoot something like;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU1aY6gIdE

(i know, not best video, but i was kinda thinking the empty clip PA the rifle has, but dual wielded and that it's a normal attack) i don't wanna do cartwheels, i wanna through very large quantities of bullets in a general direction!!!+^_^+

Did you play PSO1? They're pretty much identical to the PSO1 mechguns.

If anything they're SMG's, not P90's.

IndigoNovember
Sep 1, 2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqU1aY6gIdE

You were hoping to dual wield two PSU machine guns instead of getting back PSO's twin mech guns, eh?

Reiketsu
Sep 1, 2012, 12:30 PM
If we are getting these it will have to be in the 12th of september.
That's when we have our weekly maints.
Unless they decide to change it up just this one time.

Well, 13th is the date for Japan and 'cause of the time difference, it'll be the 12th here (in Germany).

Chik'Tikka
Sep 1, 2012, 01:12 PM
Did you play PSO1? They're pretty much identical to the PSO1 mechguns.

P90s are SMGs, Sub-Machine gun is called such as they fire subsonic rounds and are fully automatic (meaning it shoots continuously when trigger is held down and the bullets don't exceed the sound barrier)+^_^+ if thee gun fire supersonic rounds, they are generally just called machine guns, the Browning Automatic Rifle and sturmgewehr 44 were among the first portable machine guns to fire supersonic rounds and paved the way to the modern rifles the military has+^_^+
EDIT, nevermind, more modern SMGs fire well into the 1600 MPH zone, which is supersonic+^_^+ i think SMG today refers more to the machine gun using non-armor piercing pistol caliber rounds+^_^+

Enforcer MKV
Sep 1, 2012, 01:14 PM

*eye twitch* P90's are submachine guns...If you want to get technical, you could call them a PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) Some weapons have a fire selector that allows them to switch from full auto, to burst, to semi, but the fact of the matter is that the name "twin machine guns" Is a gross misnomer: It just isn't accurate.

This is what we're getting.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg/300px-Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

This is a full fledged machine gun.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://olive-drab.com/images/m249_usmc_800.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Know the difference; respect the difference. *ahem*

Anyway, carry on.

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2012, 01:20 PM
Huh. Didn't know P90's were SMG's. Neat.

Yunfa
Sep 1, 2012, 05:44 PM

*eye twitch* P90's are submachine guns...If you want to get technical, you could call them a PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) Some weapons have a fire selector that allows them to switch from full auto, to burst, to semi, but the fact of the matter is that the name "twin machine guns" Is a gross misnomer: It just isn't accurate.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg/300px-Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway, carry on.

Like a boss, LAWL, well written.

jooozek
Sep 1, 2012, 05:46 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120912/
The date is in the URL

Xeno88
Sep 2, 2012, 12:03 PM
I dont know if this has been mentioned in this (quite long) thread, but with the addition of all these great looking attacks that seem to met out massive amounts of damage, I am hoping that they are able to make the mobs much harder than they currently are, or they will be absolutely massacred

Kazzi
Sep 2, 2012, 12:11 PM

Anyway, carry on.

I love this post.

RocSage
Sep 2, 2012, 12:23 PM
P90s are SMGs, Sub-Machine gun is called such as they fire subsonic rounds and are fully automatic (meaning it shoots continuously when trigger is held down and the bullets don't exceed the sound barrier)+^_^+ if thee gun fire supersonic rounds, they are generally just called machine guns, the Browning Automatic Rifle and sturmgewehr 44 were among the first portable machine guns to fire supersonic rounds and paved the way to the modern rifles the military has+^_^+
EDIT, nevermind, more modern SMGs fire well into the 1600 MPH zone, which is supersonic+^_^+ i think SMG today refers more to the machine gun using non-armor piercing pistol caliber rounds+^_^+

Sub-Machine Gun means precisely that "sub" or "not quite" or "not totally". When sub is applied to something in generally means that it has some relation to the thing being mentioned, but is beneath it in some way... in this context...

Machine Gun refers to the gun having several barrels that spin as it fires and is loaded via a strap

Sub-Machine gun is a gun that has a single barrel but is loaded via several barrels internally and combines pistols having a cartridge.

Automatic and sub/super sonic are completely different.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2012, 02:07 PM
I love this post.

Happy to be of service. *bow*

NoiseHERO
Sep 2, 2012, 02:17 PM
But...

These are MECHguns. D:

And they shoot lasers and don't have to refill ammo. D:

Angelo
Sep 2, 2012, 02:37 PM
I don't even know why this is being talked about.

I mean the Assault Rifle does like 4 different things that don't make any sense. People don't ride Rocket Launchers like ponies. It's a Japanese sci-fi game, they're more concerned about looking badass than being realistic.

Seraphus
Sep 2, 2012, 03:10 PM
I don't even know why this is being talked about.

I mean the Assault Rifle does like 4 different things that don't make any sense. People don't ride Rocket Launchers like ponies. It's a Japanese sci-fi game, they're more concerned about looking badass than being realistic.

It's just a discussion to inform others. But what are the things that don't make sense with the assault rifles? An assault rifle could do most of the stuff with the right attachments. But of course, not at the same time and not out of the same barrel.

Drifting Fable
Sep 2, 2012, 05:09 PM
Welp I think its time I finally bring out my RAnewm out of creation hell.

Matrix guns look fun, especially love the DMC references.

Zyrusticae
Sep 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
ファイター、ガンナー、テクター…? はて? あ、そうかPSO2じゃなくて
やっぱりPSU2だったのか。
Have to admit, this comment made me lol. Looks like there's at least a few JP players who feel the same way with regards to how PSO2 relates to PSO and PSU.

I don't agree necessarily, but it still amuses me to see it.

Zenobia
Sep 2, 2012, 11:43 PM
Glorious fap material here!

Now i will go slush slush my way to sleep untill this update arrives<3

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
Update's not here yet? And here I was thinking I knew what to spend Labor Day on.

Coatl
Sep 3, 2012, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how daggers will work with small enemies like digs or micdus?
In the promo they show a dagger-user demolishing a giant Ga Wonda, but how would it work with small enemies? You can't get much air time and also land all hits with smaller enemies.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how daggers will work with small enemies like digs or micdus?
In the promo they show a dagger-user demolishing a giant Ga Wonda, but how would it work with small enemies? You can't get much air time and also land all hits with smaller enemies.

I'd imagine you'd have a knock up move where you send them skyward. Also; who's to say we can't just spam normal attacks?