PDA

View Full Version : From Psu to Pso2

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 05:23 AM
I've only ever played PSU, so what are the major differences? I've not yet played the game as my uploader will not work.

So, i'd like to prepare myself for all the things that will be new to me. For example, i have seen a thread about a weapon with ''abillities'' and also one about mags and skill trees. If someone could help bring me up to date on a few things i would be very greatful.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 31, 2012, 07:00 AM
Well, the main difference between psu and pso2 is that pso2 does not suck (jkjk... kinda).

It's really just the same thing sakai has brought us before with a few new things here and there. Its kinda hard to make money if youre not on premium, drop rates are a bit harder than psu, and grinding is a pain (but at least your weapons dont break).

Thats pretty much it.

Crimson Exile
Aug 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
You should just play it and judge for yourself.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 11:52 AM
Crimson thats a good idea, but as i stated i have been having trouble with the updater.

Thanks Skyly HUmar. I suppose if i enjoyed Psu i'll enjoy this even more then.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:18 PM
Most of the things people liked in PSU have been brought in (this will be especially evident after the new classes are added), and much of what people liked in PSO has been brought in too.

Basically, the two games have been combined, and then further modernized.

It's quite a fun game - this is coming from a PSO fan that just couldn't get into PSU. Even I'm looking forward to the PSU elements coming with the new classes, they've somehow done a whole new take on them.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 12:26 PM
From what i've seen and heard then i should really enjoy playing then. Could someone shed some light on the weapon abilities? All i know is PSU's 1^, 2^.. ect ect. Is there much difference in this?

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:32 PM
Er, abilities are less of an active thing than they are an innate ability. They're generally called affixes (lots of thing have been translated as "ability," so it gets confusing when someone uses that term). You can tie stat bonuses to weapons and units (defense, attack, hp, PP, etc.) ((btw, units are basically 3 PSO-style shields instead of armor - no slots on them, no required armor, you just have 3 slots and you plop units in them) and then weapons have affixes that give you a small chance to apply a status effect on each hit. These are the standard things, freeze, burn, poison, confusion, and I think one more.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 12:45 PM
Okay thats cleared things up for me, thank you for your help. :)

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
Coming from someone who played PSU for almost all the years it was out I would say PSO2 is pretty awesome. You will really enjoy it for sure.

Drithe
Aug 31, 2012, 03:19 PM
No armors? No slots to build up armor stats? You can't strengthen your weapons like in PSO?

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
No armors? No slots to build up armor stats? You can't strengthen your weapons like in PSO?

Units ARE your armor, they do everything that armor has done in the past like give you defense and elemental resists, things like slots have been replaced by putting affixes on your units/weapons...

You can grind all weapons and units up to +10 and rare equipment get more of a stat increase than common equips but also has a much bigger meseta cost per grind and takes two grinders per attempt. ^^;

ScottyMango
Aug 31, 2012, 04:07 PM
Everything about PSO2 is better than PSU. That's all you really need to know.

Play it and figure it all out, you'll be very satisfied with how it works.

Pob
Aug 31, 2012, 05:13 PM
There's a lot of PSU in PSO2, so you should like it.

Some more differences..

NPCs that are actually useful in a fight.
You don't level PAs, but find discs at a higher level.
Grinding is nowhere near as annoying!
Jumping!
Rolling / dodging!
Running out of PP all the time... :(
Bosses put up a fight (unlike PSO...)
Random bosses appearing in levels (like Monster Hunter)
One main lobby, so you don't have to trawl multiple planets looking for people

Plenty more. Hope you enjoy it :)

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 05:18 PM
Well from what you guys have posted it all looks great. If only this patcher would work for me. -.-'' Thank you all for your feedback. :)

Chik'Tikka
Aug 31, 2012, 05:24 PM
Units ARE your armor, they do everything that armor has done in the past like give you defense and elemental resists, things like slots have been replaced by putting affixes on your units/weapons...

You can grind all weapons and units up to +10 and rare equipment get more of a stat increase than common equips but also has a much bigger meseta cost per grind and takes two grinders per attempt. ^^;

or 3 grinders, after +4 for 9*s anyway+^_^+

Blackheart521
Aug 31, 2012, 05:35 PM
or 3 grinders, after +4 for 9*s anyway+^_^+

Really? damn, I'm one of the people who hasn't bothered grinding any rares, too much of a loss of money, for such a little reward for me, I'd rather save my money for costumes and such haha. ^^;