PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think some of the new matter board drop rates are silly?

Udonge
Aug 31, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'm mainly talking about matters A-6 (Mizer), D-3 (Quartz), and D-5 (Vader) on matter board 6.

With help from a friend, I killed aorund 14 Mizers and the item wouldn't drop. I gave up and switched to Vader. Killed 3 of them, no drop. Tried doing Quartz, killed 4 of them including one I found roaming on the field. No drop :(

You'd think these matter drops would be more lenient because they're bosses but nah the game doesn't seem to think so :V

Anyone having difficulty with these are other matters?

Silver Crow
Aug 31, 2012, 06:04 PM
if you want something to drop it won't. all games utilise an underground satanic system where they read your desires and drop the opposite. all games are possessed i tell ya.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 31, 2012, 06:07 PM
if you want something to drop it won't. all games utilise an underground satanic system where they read your desires and drop the opposite. all games are possessed i tell ya.

I would soooo believe you one this.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2012, 06:09 PM
I've killed about 20 Quartz Dragons and only received 1/2 of Franka's biomaterial drops for her client order. Pissin' me off.

Ceresa
Aug 31, 2012, 06:19 PM
I've spent about 5 hours on Vader with no drop (15-20 min runs, s rank, break everything). Got the mizer one after maybe an hour and a half. Not even bothering with Quartz or going back to Vader until next week when they inevitably apologize for this fucking bullshit and ease the drop rate (and give us 5 meseta 50% tickets.)

Some poor guy was saying he did 30 Quartz with no drop. That's not gonna be me.

People only want those trash units for completion too, retarded game design.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
The game is free. No complaints here.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 31, 2012, 06:44 PM
The game is free. No complaints here.free is no justification for bullshit drop rates and other ludicrous dungbagary.

EvilMag
Aug 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
The game is free. No complaints here.
That's a dumb response.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 07:59 PM
free is no justification for bullshit drop rates and other ludicrous dungbagary.

You can find other games you do enjoy. It's that simple.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 08:02 PM
That's a dumb response.

I bet you are the ones that complain when a game discontinues. You don't know what you have until you lose it. Learn to appreciate things, especially when its free. Otherwise, go play some other game that you do enjoy. It makes no sense to complain to other players. You'd make better progress contacting the creator of the game.

And also, it's weak to call a response dumb without providing the reason. It never cease to amaze me how people complain about free services and why they continue to use it.

Gardios
Aug 31, 2012, 08:03 PM

This is a fact.

Macman
Aug 31, 2012, 08:22 PM

PSO certainly worked that way. All those times I ran Lost Heat Sword looking for a Lavis Cannon and it took a random no-quest run with some friends months later for one to drop.

ScottyMango
Aug 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
I bet you are the ones that complain when a game discontinues. You don't know what you have until you lose it. Learn to appreciate things, especially when its free. Otherwise, go play some other game that you do enjoy. It makes no sense to complain to other players. You'd make better progress contacting the creator of the game.

And also, it's weak to call a response dumb without providing the reason. It never cease to amaze me how people complain about free services.

So basically... never complain about anything, regardless of how broken it is?

Lol. Are you new to forums, or something?

Please, go away.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 08:30 PM
So basically... never complain about anything, regardless of how broken it is?

Lol. Are you new to forums, or something?

Please, go away.

The game is broke? Poor you. The game run great for me. Perhaps you need new equipment and recycle your heap of trash. And no, I'm not going anywhere. LOL. You go away, please. And learn to read the join date before you make a lame remark. Not everyone opens their mouth when an idea occurs on their minds or in your case as you have proven, gibberish.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
I bet you are the ones that complain when a game discontinues. You don't know what you have until you lose it. Learn to appreciate things, especially when its free. Just because its free doesn't make it more appreciable any player can pick it up and leave as quickly as they picked it up. I'm really starting to be bothered by how many incredibly obnoxious people come out and say Free is a justification for the bullshit people experience in this game.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-CV2d9W4/0/L/i-CV2d9W4-L.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Otherwise, go play some other game that you do enjoy. It makes no sense to complain to other players. You'd make better progress contacting the creator of the game. most of us do have other games but it's not relevant to the subject. these drop rates are bad.

And also, it's weak to call a response dumb without providing the reason. Children often use the word "dumb." Are you a child or should I say more appropriately, child-like?ah yes, the obligatory "you must be a child" or "your Underage, your word is invalid" Card. if I had a penny for every time I've seen this.... its the most used excuse for trying to make yourself look smarter.

The game is broke? Poor you. The game run great for me. Perhaps you need new equipment and recycle your heap of trash. And no, I'm not going anywhere. LOL. You go away, please.

Maybe you should just fucking leave. _[_(-_-)

ScottyMango
Aug 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
The game is broke? Poor you. The game run great for me. Perhaps you need new equipment and recycle your heap of trash. And no, I'm not going anywhere. LOL. You go away, please. And learn to read the join date before you make a lame remark.

...What? What are you even talking about? My heap of trash? Someone sounds butthurt.

When something is 'broken' in a game, that means it's currently working in a way that is less than satisfactory. Example: drop rates being stupid low.

Did you think I meant my computer, or something? Lol... You really should learn what you're talking about before you talk, kiddo.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 08:42 PM
...What? What are you even talking about? My heap of trash? Someone sounds butthurt.

When something is 'broken' in a game, that means it's currently working in a way that is less than satisfactory. Example: drop rates being stupid low.

Did you think I meant my computer, or something? Lol... You really should learn what you're talking about before you talk, kiddo.

LOL. You are too slow to pick up on things there "kiddo." Perhaps you should learn not to exaggerate. Did you know that children tend to exaggerate past events? When something is broken, it means it is not functionable, or usable. Google those terms up kid.

ScottyMango
Aug 31, 2012, 08:44 PM
Those are the terms that people use here every day for things like that.

All you're doing is proving how little you actually know about what you're talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to work. But don't worry, I'll be sure to explain how foolish you are later.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 08:49 PM
The Matter drop for the Boss, is a bit low, and odd for some gear.
Especially boss that doesn't come in larger number.
They probabely didn't figure out the drop table for MB drop, and need to tweak it still.

EvilMag
Aug 31, 2012, 08:50 PM
heh.

But seriously, this thread has already devolved into stupidity.

Pretty much this. Reminds me of a typically thread on that one PSO private server forums.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 09:05 PM
Sega didn't really explain how the Matterboard drop work, in the earlier drop system.
Should they change the Matterboard system, in which instead of trying to get certain drop.
to "Kill" certain # of enemy/Boss, and give the item as Matterboard prize instead?

Galax
Aug 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
Here's your own format, Sir Troll.

"Learn to look at the joindate."Kanivakil

March 2012, Kani? Hmm...You've been here seven months. You're arguing with Valkyrie Lovrina, who has been here for a year and two months, Evilmag, who has been here for almost three years, and if you start something with me, that's a user who's been here since March of 09 - A full three years before you. If we're the ones who don't know what we're on about, and you do, may God help the forums. All I've seen you do in this topic - the one relevant to the posts at hand, so don't tell me to check your other posts, if you were going to or not - Is take things by their dictionary definitions and try to make us look like idiots with them. I can do that too, as can ANYONE with two braincells to rub together. I'd tell you to go away, but that's already proven ineffective. I considered attempting to annoy you by pretending I don't care, but I do. If you try to say you don't care, you'd be lying, because you posted here and started this. If I'd said you're not worth my time, I'd be falsifying my own statement by saying that in the first place.

But really, my only question for you is - Why the hostilities? You don't like what we're talking about? Don't approve of the way we use certain words? You clearly have been here long enough to know what we mean by broken or stupidly low - the second because it's common sense - Yet you think you'll be a cool kid, maybe? Or are you one of the Grammar Nazis out to correct all incorrect spelling with your powers of OCD Controllership? Do yourself a favor - if it's that one, abandon that path. It's not doable. If it's the first, you SHOULD leave for a while - You do nothing for yourself, the game, or the topic. I could see exactly why your logic of "it's free so you can't bitch" was dumb, it didn't NEED a reason written below it. But you clearly want one.

So how's this: People are upset at what they have to deal with. PSO2 IS a free to play game, but unlike other F2Ps, it's actually playable without buying cash items. I know some games, you get drops, and they do shitacular damage to every mob in the game. PSO2 has, so far, put UPGRADED gear in pay packages, but that's it. Anything else is OPTIONAL. You can make decent meseta playing the game without a player shop, it's just boring. But you can deal with it if you're serious about staying. You can get weapons and HOLD YOUR OWN without buying them with real cash, you just will never be the true TOP OF THE LINE without paying. Now, fortunately, SEGA didn't see to it that story line was a pay-to-play line of quests. It was made free. The only obstacle between you and storyline is matter board. You complete spots on the board's pages and you do story, more each time. The matter board is nonsensical. The drops are demanding of time. Lots of it, from what I'm reading. I can't read Japanese, in any form, but I know some players here, on these forums, who speak English or Spanish or French or WHATEVER that isn't Japanese CAN. They can learn shit about the story, and if I COULD read it, I'd be pissed at having to farm a BOSS. You don't get an S on the run? You get four drops. Is that wrong? I've noticed it to be true. So you can't just bypass everything but codes and the boss to get the board items, it's horribly ineffective. The sad thing is, IT'S NOT THAT MUCH WORSE THAN GETTING AN S AND GETTING A CIRCLE OF DROPS. To unlock 3 slots on the weapon pallet you have to fight Caterdra'n over and over to get 3 crystals from him. So you do that run over and over farming crystals to have more weapon options. To unlock storymode you have to farm bosses at times. Bosses are never in groups of more than 3, and that's not even for all bosses I don't think. I don't know this for a fact, but I kind of doubt they'll make you fight three Vol Dragons or Quartz Dragons. That would be kind of...No. Just no.

If you read all that, there's something I can congratulate you on.

Some shorter pieces - Free =/= infinite patience. They could use that logic, but they don't, because it IS dumb. If you want to know why, you can read my textwall.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 09:26 PM
There isn't a need ot close the topic.
You can use the report feature, and report post that are of not relevant to the topic.
And the mod, probabely Mike, can just delete the post.
Or report the front post, your first post, and request to be closed, posting in the topic, won't get seen by the mods.

It doesn't cease to amaze me that not only are their are complainers about free products as if they are forced to use it, but also flamers who give up flaming when they are the instigators. Learn to accept and respect other people's view. If they are a type of person that appreciate freebies and stated that they have no complaints since it is free, there is no need to call it dumb. It is not as if the person has forced you to view it likewise.

Flaming is the current in the ocean. It is the same old routine; someone is refuted and resorts to pure insults. Those of you who follow such course and do not have much resource to give a meaningful reply should never begin a flame debate.

Sizustar
Aug 31, 2012, 09:30 PM
It doesn't cease to amaze me that not only are their are complainers about free products as if they are force to use it, but also flamers who give up flaming when they are the instigators. Learn to accept and respect other people's view. If they are a type of person that appreciate freebies and stated that they have no complaints since it is free, there is no need to call it dumb. It is not as if the person has forced you to view it likewise.

Flaming is the current in the ocean. It is the same old routine; someone is refuted and resort to pure insults. Those of you who follow such course and do not have much resource to give a meaningful reply should never begin a flame debate.

You really have no idea on what you're talking, nor what Sega wants.
Sega has and is willing ot listen to "complaint"
And have actually just started a survey to allow players of the game to share their idea and grievance, as in order to make a better game,
Indeed, one of the choice in the survey directly address Matter Board, and there's also quite a few question on it.
Sega has chosen to address the player directly, instead of your stance of... no clear stance.

1st Player Survey link
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=344

Powder Keg
Aug 31, 2012, 09:31 PM
PSU was the same before the expansion if you remember. Even some of the lamest items were impossible to find.

They kind of did the same with PSO as well, and didn't correct the mistake right away when PSU released afterwards. They don't apply things they learned during the process from the previous games at the start of the new ones.

Seraphus
Aug 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
It doesn't cease to amaze me that not only are their are complainers about free products as if they are forced to use it, but also flamers who give up flaming when they are the instigators. Learn to accept and respect other people's view. If they are a type of person that appreciate freebies and stated that they have no complaints since it is free, there is no need to call it dumb. It is not as if the person has forced you to view it likewise.

Flaming is the current in the ocean. It is the same old routine; someone is refuted and resorts to pure insults. Those of you who follow such course and do not have much resource to give a meaningful reply should never begin a flame debate.

Let's hope you never create and distribute a product/service.

Kanivakil
Aug 31, 2012, 09:55 PM
You really have no idea on what you're talking, nor what Sega wants.
Sega has and is willing ot listen to "complaint"
And have actually just started a survey to allow players of the game to share their idea and grievance, as in order to make a better game,
Indeed, one of the choice in the survey directly address Matter Board, and there's also quite a few question on it.
Sega has chosen to address the player directly, instead of your stance of... no clear stance.

1st Player Survey link
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=344

I never complained about your complaints. I simply stated that I have no complaints about this free service. I have no issues that a Matter Board drop "might" be rare, that rares are hard to find (Gee, why did they call it a rare in the first place), or any other issues. It would certainly be ridiculous if I find one of those players that play PSO all day, logged in for 200+ hours complaining here. I would be curious to ask, "Why do you play this game?"

Seraphus
Aug 31, 2012, 09:58 PM
It would certainly be ridiculous if I find one of those players that play PSO all day, logged in for 200+ hours complaining here. I would be curious to ask, "Why do you play this game?"

Why would it be ridiculous?