PDA

View Full Version : Survey - Rare binding?

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 11:17 PM
I'm curious if anyone mentioned anything about getting rid of Rare binding?

I don't know about others but i find it incredibly annoying both as a buyer and a seller as it means if my luck with grinding sucks, which it does, I'm pretty much prohibited from using the better weapons in the game since none of the rares are any good before the point where they start failing continuously.

Further, if I ever actually get anything to +10 it is likely going to be something I am going to be using and therefore I can't sell it if I ever find anything better. Thus the only options left for these weapons are to sell them at the vendor for a measly sum, use them for materials for better weapons, or trash them.

While both of these "seem" like a good idea when you consider flooding the market with certain weapons or trying to create a money sink, it kills one of the major aspects of the game which makes the game fun which is finding, trying out, and trading rares.

Takatsuki
Aug 31, 2012, 11:21 PM
I would have told them to drop the Rare Binding in the survey if I knew how to type it in Japanese >_>

But yeah, it's terrible. I really hope they get rid of it. I think the only rares that should be bound are the event/promo rares like the Bouquet Rifle and the /Nacht weapons.

Laxedrane
Aug 31, 2012, 11:29 PM
One thing I always liked about PSO was the feeling on emphasis on trading rares not trading money. Intentional or not the low meseta cap help in this and the restrictions on trading now is frustrating. I personally like to see them gone.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 31, 2012, 11:33 PM
10 internet points they introduce, for a fee, the ability to unbind rares+^_^+

DS23
Aug 31, 2012, 11:44 PM
Think it's stupid but since I don't have a shop or the ability to trade with peeps I'm not really affected by it.

TaigaUC
Aug 31, 2012, 11:53 PM
Other games have the ability to unbind, for a real money fee.

I think the purpose of the binding is to ensure that rare items maintain a high price and stay "rare". In the long run, it makes the game "last longer".

Personally, I don't like the whole rare item thing full stop. With everything else maxed out, there isn't much else to do than farm or save up for rares. What am I going to do with them after that, dance in the lobby? They end up becoming obsolete in the next major update anyway, so I can't help but feel like I should go do something productive and come back later.

Ueno54
Sep 1, 2012, 01:03 AM
10 internet points they introduce, for a fee, the ability to unbind rares+^_^+

Even with a fee it would make the binding pointless. I think binding should stay+^_^+

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2012, 01:09 AM
Other games have the ability to unbind, for a real money fee.

I think the purpose of the binding is to ensure that rare items maintain a high price and stay "rare". In the long run, it makes the game "last longer".

Personally, I don't like the whole rare item thing full stop. With everything else maxed out, there isn't much else to do than farm or save up for rares. What am I going to do with them after that, dance in the lobby? They end up becoming obsolete in the next major update anyway, so I can't help but feel like I should go do something productive and come back later.

This isn't the stage where rares are really what they're meant to be.

PSO1's take on rares was that they were less rare than good, or more specifically purposeful. A rare is something that performs well, but also performs with a unique ability. It's just that it takes work to find them, which meant they were...rare.

Right now our rare selection ranges from, I don't know, Musashis to Dragon Slayers to Visks. Sure, they're alright, but are they worth hunting for days on end? No, not really, not at all no. Later on we found them and just left them on the ground; they were by no means rare after hard mode.

Our current rares will be far worse than the baseline later on, which we all can afford easily to use as our main weapons while we search for the real items worth hunting, stuff like caduceus or chainsawds. Then we use those while we hunt the silly rare items, or maybe we just get off the computer and work overtime then buy something in real life.

Macman
Sep 1, 2012, 01:29 AM
Just remember, when the new stuff that obsoletes your Tigredors and such comes, imagine how much of a nightmare it'll be to grind those. We technically haven't even gotten to S-Rank weapons, yet.

EDIT: Hell, imagine the stat requirements for anything higher. That alone will sell mag tickets, I'm sure.

Aeris
Sep 1, 2012, 01:49 AM
Just remember, when the new stuff that obsoletes your Tigredors and such comes, imagine how much of a nightmare it'll be to grind those. We technically haven't even gotten to S-Rank weapons, yet.

EDIT: Hell, imagine the stat requirements for anything higher. That alone will sell mag tickets, I'm sure.

Hope they make new types of grinders or it will be that bad.

The Walrus
Sep 1, 2012, 01:59 AM
Better yet, hopefully they realize how much people hate the grind system and overhaul it a little

Laxedrane
Sep 1, 2012, 08:59 AM

When I was watching the trailer for the new armor. The first thing that popped in my head was: "Heh, I wonder how many people are gonna actually be able to equip it." I have 50 points off my skill tree and 18 points off my mag and I just barely can equip the highest T defense requirement armor for force. Again I have 50 from my tree and 70 T attack off my mag and can't equip that Rod from Continent.

We still have 2 months of updates before the level increase and very hard. I wonder how much they are gonna squeeze in and how strong we are gonna have to be to equip it.

Edit: Some reason I got it in my head we wouldn't see the level increase until November time line just says fall under the same heading as the 5 new weapons. Hmm

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 1, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hope they make new types of grinders or it will be that bad.

You bet, and it'll be CASH SHOP grinders!!!

MCF
Sep 1, 2012, 10:39 AM
just make an unbind item get from AC OR multi-weak unbind item from monster
1 unbind item = 5 weak unbind item (drop from monsters and rare like Synthesizer drop rate)

and have a unbind system on weapons or units

for example 7* weapons Zacks needs 1 unbind item
while 7* Zanba needs 2 unbind item
and 7* Last Survivor needs 3 unbind item
stronger tier more unbind item

but in 8* its x2 and 9* x3
or whatever unit to unbind an item >.>

also when unbinding items you go to DOO DOO (with random percentage system)
and make another items making your unbinding successful
(or just remove the doo doo part) >.>

hey at least SEGA makes money when buying unbind items via ac

for those who played dragon nest you guys know this system.

jooozek
Sep 1, 2012, 11:01 AM
In one of the games published by SEGA you can unbind the highest tier equipment for... 10$ a piece, roughly.