PDA

View Full Version : Supportive and helpful players

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 1, 2012, 06:37 AM
I remember ( back in the day which was about 4 years ago or ) playing PSU and me being a casual gamer I played for fun and was never much in to grinding and maxing everything out and all of that - no disrespect to those that do however - we all enjoy the game on different levels.

One thing I remember though with PSU is how I managed to tag along with helpful people for a while who would explain a few things, give tips and help me level up etc etc. And then in turn when I spotted new comers in the lobby area I would do the same for them.

Anything like that happening on PSO2 yet ? :-D

I am sure that there are those ( like me ) a little more along in life ( late 20's - early 30's ) that don't always like mad button bashing hours, repeating the same missions, and being kicked for going left, instead of right and such like. Rather they play for fun, and play the game for what it is and how they like it.

So are there any helpful groups, teams, people, buddies and all that around on PSO2 yet ? I am sure I won't be the only one asking this over time so any pointers and how too's would be great, not just for me, but anyone else in the same boat ( and hence the thread title ). Thanks in advance ! :-)

TenebriS
Sep 1, 2012, 07:09 AM
Hmm, about we start this?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=427&gmid=107615#gmessage107615

I think I linked the msot important things and we can gather people to help each other :)
Everybody has some information about the game others might not know!

CelestialBlade
Sep 1, 2012, 07:10 AM
I try to give advice in lobbies and parties and such when I can. I'm usually partying with my team admittedly, but I help out when I can.

There's lots of really helpful people in game and on this forum, I know they've helped me out a lot.

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 1, 2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks all ! Good stuff. I remember that term now " Guardian Training ", it was a make or break for some who came on to PSU I think.

I'm happily solo'ing missions at the moment and learning all there is ( that I can understand ) and thats fine, but its slow going. I recall yesterday I was trying to complete a couple of client orders and when selecting a mission ( I didn't have the english patch running ) I ended up on a mission in a city on my own - yes I laugh at it as you may do as well - but I was lost, then on the second area I saw lots of other people ( real people ) battling away so I thought I won't get in the way as they know their stuff and I don't, so I head off out the way. Next thing you know I'm back on the campship with a block over the mission pool so had to come out again. :-?

Thats kind of how it would be on PSU sometimes until someone explained things a bit and the penny dropped. No doubt if I had the english patch going I might have realised it was probably an interrupt mission ?? or something like that as I've not ended up back there again since.

One thing I can say is that I am :yes::yes::yes::D:love: happy that there is a new Phantasy Star game coming to us. Having been trying out just about every MMORPG I could find, when I stumbled upon PSO2 and started it, I felt an instant moment of satisfaction come over me :yes:

TenebriS
Sep 1, 2012, 07:30 AM
If it gets interest I will try to update the group as much as possible and create a thread of rit where people can put their questions and get answer from the community :)

You can contact me anytime ingame too, find me as "TenebriS"

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 1, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks !:-)

I am sure that will be helpful.

I know for now its just an open Beta, and I doubt many casual people will be on it as the 2.0gb sensitive patch download ( as it is now ) puts some less dedicated people off. But next year ( we assume ) there will be an influx of people more lost than I, so may as well let all the experience and time spent now pass a little benefit on to new players when the game is live and retailed. After all, its what will be needed to keep The Phantasy Star series running I think.

Thanks again for the pointers and thoughts - I shall keep my eye out for you in game and take about 10 minutes to say hi and wave by which time you might have already moved on lol.:-D

TenebriS
Sep 1, 2012, 07:45 AM
Oh no, this is full game, Open Beta did end some months ago o.o

But yeah if you do that, send card soa t least whisper chat stays for helping^^

Billkwando
Sep 1, 2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't run into a single unpleasant person (everyone has been either nice or indifferent) and I've NEVER been kicked from anything. I wasn't even sure if that was possible in pso2. I join random games and everybody goes about their business.

My experience so far is that this is the least dick friendly ps game yet. Kudos to you all.

Also, nearly every time I log in I say hi to the lobby, beacause I'm just so happy to be here. *tear*

Lostbob117
Sep 1, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hmm, about we start this?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=427&gmid=107615#gmessage107615

I think I linked the msot important things and we can gather people to help each other :)
Everybody has some information about the game others might not know!

There's also an English Wiki.

Dan Maku
Sep 1, 2012, 01:29 PM
I tried asking for help for one of Koffie's client orders, so I could unlock the Skyland freefield. So far, I only managed to clear "Subdue Catterdransa" by tagging along with another player doing it, and no one will do "Collect Dragonkin Eggs", so I have to try beating it with a party of NPCs, contributing to many players' chagrin over the use of NPC party members.

NoiseHERO
Sep 1, 2012, 01:33 PM
I only help people because I'm bad at saying no, so to avoid the whole scenario I act like a total dick to scare them off.

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 1, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm getting familiar with the game as it echo's so much of PSU and others. Its the little things and the scope of the missions that slow me down when solo.

By the way, regarding my earlier post, that whole city mission and me coming out unable to go back was ( as I just found when doing it again ) the Emergency mission, but last time I played the timer warning didn't come up ( or I didn't see it ) and so the 20mins was up and I came out.

See, if I was with someone who knew, they could have told me :-?:D

Seriously though, I finally spoke to someone who mistook me for someone with the same character name ( how ironic ! ). And right now I am standing in front of a group who were talking about socializing on PSO2. Many are saying they have not spoken to many other players either. When I spoke up to get in the conversation, no one replied lol.:-o

My bad with PSO2 and beta etc by the way, I misread about the release dates, its only next year for western release ? Is that right ? But in Japan its all go ? Sorry about that. Call me captain oblivious.:yes:

I think the essence of this thread was ( as mentioned before ) as it was with PSU and Guardian training / assisting - will there be similar building up on PSO2 ? I'd join if there was - to get help and experience and then use that to help others - support the PSO community and keep the servers busy as ( I feel ) the Phantasy star series is like no other, even the music hits spots that other games don't !^^;

Finalzone
Sep 1, 2012, 01:48 PM
So are there any helpful groups, teams, people, buddies and all that around on PSO2 yet ? I am sure I won't be the only one asking this over time so any pointers and how too's would be great, not just for me, but anyone else in the same boat ( and hence the thread title ). Thanks in advance ! :-)

Yes there are very helpful group. I am on a Japanese group who helped me beating those Banshee and bastard Banther. We became friend and spent most time on floating island. If feels like a cultural exchange we both learn how to speak different languages. I guess our open mind attitude really brings interesting chemistry.

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 1, 2012, 01:54 PM
I think thats wonderful ! Personally I love the Japanese culture anyway, but how awesome to share the same passion for the game with people thousands of miles away. Great feelings of Comradery !^^

I found two particular individuals on PSU who I teamed up with a lot. One of them became a sort of PSU buddy but I lost contact with her years ago and although trying recently, I can't get in touch. She was from Canada. The other was a Japanese fellow. Hopefully I will find similar yet new on PSO2 - but though for why I am not sure, but getting into groups and interacting seems a little bit more specific on PSO2, compared to say PSU - but that might just be me, and it is a new game after all - and a dam awesome one at that !8-)

gigawuts
Sep 1, 2012, 01:56 PM
I tried asking for help in lobby 20 once. Nobody even replied, and the circle of sitting and dancing players continued whining about girls irl.

NoiseHERO
Sep 1, 2012, 01:57 PM
They wouldn't be playing as their dream girls if they didn't have girl problems. D:

Jakosifer
Sep 1, 2012, 02:11 PM
I tried asking for help in lobby 20 once. Nobody even replied, and the circle of sitting and dancing players continued whining about girls irl.

See, if I see someone asking for help in the lobby, I generally stop whatever I was doing and just help them. Since I'm usually solo, it doesn't impede anyone else. I really dislike the selfish attitudes that a bit too many people hold.

Though now that I'm a lowbie again I ain't too useful to anyone lulz.

Mystil
Sep 1, 2012, 05:54 PM
I randomly help people. Like a few minutes ago, I helped someone with subdue De Malmoth, and Rescue the missing ark(or something like that) in tundra. I've helped a few people in the past with unlocking free maps, even though I needed my own unlocking *shrugs*. I like to help unconditionally.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 1, 2012, 07:29 PM
I gave up trying to help anyone out on PSU after my second year playing but for some reason I like to help people in PSO2 so if you need help with anything PM me

Chik'Tikka
Sep 2, 2012, 01:52 AM
i like helping people with things in the game, sometimes a speed run here and there (they can collect their own mats, i had to) but mostly i help people with finding things in the moon-rune menus such as where the blur option is, how to set FPS limit in the launcher, etc+^_^+and i do it lounging on my sign above Koffie+^_^+

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 2, 2012, 09:26 AM
Well its nice to see there are a number of willing people, hopefully that will inspire other new comers. For the most part I think many are in deed helpful and considerate - one of the virtues of our shared interest in this game and genre. I still find myself wondering about getting involved with people though.

I did note when playing last night that someone was rallying members for a team on ship 20 called Ku Klux Kast - some had a few things to say about the name, but they have ( on last check ) a little over 25 members. I was thinking of joining myself :-?

But I am not sure what exactly, but there is ( to me at least ) something slightly a miss that PSU had, and as yet, PSO2 maybe is missing on a little regarding getting into groups and building online friendships etc.

That being said, the multi party sections of some maps is a brilliant idea, I like that feature as it promotes player interaction. But even then, I run in, sometimes die or save someone from dying, and thats it. Everyone keeps running on with the mission. I ended up trying the Two beast mission twice last night, dying both times which is no surprise as I was alone even though I bumped into plenty of peeps en route. Mind you I am still trying to get to grips with grinding and improving my character who I have no doubt sucks in comparison to the majority on PSO2 :-D

All in all I guess time will tell as this game is still fresh and hampered a tiny bit for those not able to read Japanese. I'm going to keep floating around on ship 20 until I hopefully fall into a group and can team up for the first time since I started playing 2 weeks ago ^^

Thanks again everyone, and also for giving you're time as well. As said before, this thread isn't solely for my benefit, but for others who have the same disposition when first starting out on PSO2. :-D

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 2, 2012, 07:25 PM
Well, tonight I joined up with the said team, and after a few hours of doing everything solo, resigned from it because it was a complete waste of time sadly. So I guess either I continue to solo it the hard way, or hope that someone here ( or there ) might be willing to add a lacky to their team and give me a boost and a bit more integration into the PSO2 world ? :D

Carillon
Sep 2, 2012, 07:29 PM
ship... 20?

are you from the future? canihaveyourautographifyouare?

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 2, 2012, 07:33 PM
Only if B-20 doesn't die again like it did a couple of hours ago !:-o

But alas no, I'm not from the future, more likely the past where cast's still needed coal to power their steam driven partisans !:yes:

Billkwando
Sep 2, 2012, 08:01 PM
All I have open is forest and caves, and I'm lv 17. If anybody is feelin' extra helpy, I would like to know how to unlock the other places you guys are referring to. ;)

I'm also easily findable on teh visphone.

Ultimatequinoxe
Sep 2, 2012, 08:08 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say you gain access via the Koffee missions ( http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee ) , but hopefully someone with more knowledge can shed light on that. I wonder if some places are reserved for premium paying players only though ?:-?