PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 [Ship10] Meet & Greet! - First Post Updated!

MissMalice
Sep 1, 2012, 10:25 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/ryokai_spacepirate/meetgreet-2.png

I have to say that I'm surprised by the amount of support for Ship10 for this event! c: Thank you to everyone who voted and commented with suggestions and positive feedback! Now, lets get on to the fun stuff!

2-3PM Pacific Time/5-6PM Eastern Time/10-11PM United Kingdom
4-5PM Pacific Time/7-8PM Eastern Time/12-1AM United Kingdom
The event will be held in BLOCK 35 of SHIP10 in the BLUE CLUB ROOM.
For directions to the BLUE CLUB ROOM Click HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2849108&postcount=10)

If you have any further questions about the event, the location, times, or anything else, I will available to help you on this thread, and through Private Messaging on the forums AND in-game [Euryanthe of Ship2 and MissMalice of Ship10].

On Saturday, I will be online on Ship10 at least 30 MINUTES before the start of the first meetup! If you need help getting there or just want to say if you'll be late, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to help you out!

AmorousLovers
Sep 1, 2012, 10:46 AM
Oh, this is neat. I haven't really met alot of ENG players on ship 10. (I've been thinking of switching to ship 02 for awhile now because of it.) I think it'd be great to finally find some other players to hang out with.

Coatl
Sep 1, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm in ship 02, but I just wanted to wish you guys good luck and a happy meet and greet.

BIG OLAF
Sep 1, 2012, 11:54 AM
Even though I'm not on Ship 10, I voted for what I think it the most sensible time.

Flame
Sep 1, 2012, 11:56 AM
all of these are when I'm at work. Any reason you picked a thursday? If it were a sat or sun I could do it anytime.

MissMalice
Sep 1, 2012, 12:06 PM
all of these are when I'm at work. Any reason you picked a thursday? If it were a sat or sun I could do it anytime.

Its on a Saturday! The poll just ends on Thursday. c:

Reiketsu
Sep 1, 2012, 12:32 PM
Would kinda like to create a new account, just to be there xD

Rika-chan
Sep 1, 2012, 12:37 PM

It's easy to do~! :-P. The new classes are coming soon, so we'll be around the same level XP

AmorousLovers
Sep 1, 2012, 12:39 PM
Darn. Work always gets in the way. ehe. I work on saturdays. lol.. Maybe we can request a somewhat of a later time for an option? Maybe 10-11 p.m. central time?

MissMalice
Sep 1, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to have a few people from Ship02 to just come over for a couple hours to meet new people. c: I'm hoping to reconnect with a couple of people I met when I first started PSO.

Darn. Work always gets in the way. ehe. I work on saturdays. lol.. Maybe we can request a somewhat of a later time for an option? Maybe 10-11 p.m. central time?

I could put it down. Though, that would make it hard on people in Europe. A 10pm Central meetup would be at 4am for people in the UK...

-------------

I went around advertising in some of the more populated blocks. Hopefully the messages got through, but it seems like all of the people that were active were mostly Japanese. They're all invited too, of course! So, I'm going to have to make a translated message for the next time I run around there... In the mean time, everyone tell their friends and teammates about the meetup. c:

Here's a TinyURL link to this thread: tinyurl.com/Ship10 You can copy-paste that link into the chatbox in-game, so go spread the word!

Rika-chan
Sep 1, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not a very busy person, so I can attend any time ^^ Fine with me

Reiketsu
Sep 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
It's easy to do~! :-P. The new classes are coming soon, so we'll be around the same level XP

Haha xD Well, if only I had the time to actually play two accounts, I would've joined you guys on ship 10 a while ago ;_;

Yeah, it would be nice to have a few people from Ship02 to just come over for a couple hours to meet new people. c: I'm hoping to reconnect with a couple of people I met when I first started PSO.

Well, I don't wanna mess up the poll for the people who actually play on ship 10, so I'm not going to vote, however...
If it turns out I'm available during the timeframe that gets picked, I'll probably come visit you and say hello xD

Rika-chan
Sep 1, 2012, 02:14 PM
Haha xD Well, if only I had the time to actually play two accounts, I would've joined you guys on ship 10 a while ago ;_;

Well, I don't wanna mess up the poll for the people who actually play on ship 10, so I'm not going to vote, however...
If it turns out I'm available during the timeframe that gets picked, I'll probably come visit you and say hello xD

Well, you'll be able to transfer ships soon ish, so maybe we can have another meet and greet then ^^

IzzyData
Sep 1, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'll be around for whatever time it is. Hopefully we can get some more actively on ship 10.

MikelAL93
Sep 1, 2012, 04:33 PM
I am on Ship 10 myself as well, seeing that my main account and its character, MuramasaRinku are part of it.

I'm up for this any time, so count me in. :)

MissMalice
Sep 1, 2012, 07:22 PM
Just wanna say thanks for everyone's input! I'll be back later on tonight on ship10 to try and advertise more. c:

Amaranthus
Sep 2, 2012, 03:47 AM
Omg, MissMalice on ship10? :0 Awesome. :3

Udonge
Sep 2, 2012, 04:08 AM
Hope it turns out nice for you guys :-)

sekkai
Sep 2, 2012, 05:04 AM
I will be there ;D

Rika-chan
Sep 2, 2012, 04:19 PM
We need more people to participate! :D

MissMalice
Sep 2, 2012, 04:23 PM
We do! I'll be hopping on ship10 again shortly to advertise some more. But please, share the news as much as you can! c:

Drifting Fable
Sep 2, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well with a meet an greet event just within my time frame, now might be a good opportunity to build my shelved RAnewm on ship 10.

If character creation allows it, I intend to join this lovely event.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 12:00 AM
5 days until the meet and greet ^^ :sleep: I can't wait :yes:.
I've told a few of my team members~

Laxedrane
Sep 3, 2012, 12:05 AM
If I remember I will show up. Rika can drag me over if I am online since you have my partner card!

Zenobia
Sep 3, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hmm seems intresting i moved from ship 6 to ship 2 cause ship 6 eng players blanked from the face of the earth now theres a meet and greet on ship 10 ehh i wouldnt mind this.

Now the big question....do i honestly have the mentality to lvl ALL over again also is this for the friend event thing where u get the diff acc head pieces.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 12:12 AM
If I remember I will show up. Rika can drag me over if I am online since you have my partner card!

You betcha :wacko:

Kirie
Sep 3, 2012, 02:08 AM
Looking forward to meeting everyone in this event ^_^ I've been on ship 10 for a while now, but really have only met 1 English speaking player (and he's from Taiwan apparently). Most of the above time will be like early in the morning for me but I will try my best to wake up for it... ==; this alarm thing better work...

Just wondering... Are we all gonna be the party room spamming non-Japanese on open channel? Or is there a way around it?

Seraphus
Sep 3, 2012, 02:15 AM
Just thinking people could advertise this in-game with some symbol art. Also, that it would be a good idea to hold it on a non-area based block.

Reiketsu
Sep 3, 2012, 06:51 AM
Just wondering... Are we all gonna be the party room spamming non-Japanese on open channel? Or is there a way around it?

Well, only the people in the room itself can see the open chat, anyways. Everyone who stays away from there won't even notice there's someone in there talking... except you use symbol arts and mugshot pics... those are seen everywhere, no matter how far away you are from the source :-?

RadGalaxy
Sep 3, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'll be there, assuming nothing crazy happens. It'll be nice to get to meet some new people, or finally get to know some of the people I've seen around.

Is there going to be a secondary block to meet up on? Just on the off chance that wherever we're gathering fills up? It'd be a shame for people to get left out because the block is full.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 10:58 AM
I was thinking it might be better to meet on a non area block (I think 35 and after?)
Though if we change it, people may get confused, so it's probably best to keep it as it is

Dextro
Sep 3, 2012, 11:28 AM
I think it's alright, the proposed times would put Japan at around 7-9am. Not enough of them play at that time for them to fill up our block.

We've needed something like this for a while now!
Some people on our ship don't know we exist :-?

MissMalice
Sep 3, 2012, 12:29 PM
Wow, this thread really blew up overnight! o.o Thanks everyone for your input, support, and votes!

Is there going to be a secondary block to meet up on? Just on the off chance that wherever we're gathering fills up? It'd be a shame for people to get left out because the block is full.

I actually think it will be a good idea to have an emergency block, just in case B15 fills up. c: Good thinking, Rad! I'll go edit the opening post with added details~ Thank you!

Hmm seems intresting i moved from ship 6 to ship 2 cause ship 6 eng players blanked from the face of the earth now theres a meet and greet on ship 10 ehh i wouldnt mind this.

Now the big question....do i honestly have the mentality to lvl ALL over again also is this for the friend event thing where u get the diff acc head pieces.

I know what its like to have to level all over again. :c I've done it about five times now. But, what you could do is just make a new character on ship10 just for the meet and greet. If you like the community, then you can make it your permanent home! If not, then you can just move back to your other ship. c:

----------------------------------------------

Since I'm not really a native to ship10, I would really appreciate the help from people who know the ship better than I do! If block15 is a bad choice, then we should make the change to something better now while we still have a few days before the event!

I've also added a few things to my opening post. c: Everyone make sure you check out the new information.

Bianca IXI
Sep 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
I cant wait for the meet and greet, i knew there were a few american players on Ship 10 but im interested to see how many there will be at the event

Reiketsu
Sep 4, 2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, I actually made an account for ship 10 and just did the stupid tutorial again >_>
Now I hope it'll be during a timeframe when I can actually attend xD"
Anyways, I'm kinda envious 'cause with Mal's effort this seems to become much bigger than what happened on ship 02! At least it's definitely better organized u_u"

MissMalice
Sep 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
Alright, I actually made an account for ship 10 and just did the stupid tutorial again >_>
Now I hope it'll be during a timeframe when I can actually attend xD"
Anyways, I'm kinda envious 'cause with Mal's effort this seems to become much bigger than what happened on ship 02! At least it's definitely better organized u_u"

Yay, another person for the meetup! ^_^

So far, its looking like we'll be having two that Saturday because the votes are so close to being tied. c: So its almost 50-50~ And with each meetup being about an hour long, I'm hoping that'll be more than enough time for you and everyone else to at least drop by for a little while!

Ya'know, being as lazy as I am, coordinating and planning are things I've always been good at. I can always make time to be lazy, my mom would always say. x_x

Anywho! Its nice to see people from other ships wanting to participate, or at least put in their opinions on how to better the event! I'm really excited~ x3

MissMalice
Sep 5, 2012, 03:25 PM
Just a bump+announcement!

The poll will close in 19 hours from now. So PLEASE get your votes in! Tell your friends so they can vote! After the polls close, I will post the official time(s) of the meetup and any additional information!

Thanks for your support!

Amaranthus
Sep 6, 2012, 02:32 AM
Thank you for your hard work MissMalice.

Kirie
Sep 6, 2012, 05:11 AM
So there'll be 2 meetings? Well that'd work too I guess. Should we drop a note saying which time slot we will be going?

Requiem Aeternam
Sep 6, 2012, 05:39 AM
I've never attended anything like this before. I'm really looking forward to meeting other english players ^^

:rappy::rappy::rappy:

MissMalice
Sep 6, 2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you for your hard work MissMalice.

No problem! ^_^

So there'll be 2 meetings? Well that'd work too I guess. Should we drop a note saying which time slot we will be going?

Yeah, that was the plan if majority of the votes were nearly 50-50% between two times. You guys can post what times you'll be attending, but the purpose of the poll was for you guys to vote for which one you'd mostly attend. c: And since its a public poll, anyone can click on the poll numbers and see the names of who voted for what!
[I realize now that I probably should have allowed you guys to vote for multiple times...]

Anywho! Feel free to say here what times you'll be coming!

I've never attended anything like this before. I'm really looking forward to meeting other english players ^^

I'm looking forward to this too! Hopefully you'll get a lot of partner cards so you all can keep in touch! c:

------------------------

Announcement!
There's less than 1 hour left on the polls! Vote now while you have the chance!

cisen01
Sep 6, 2012, 10:10 AM
this is a nice idea, but i have a suggestion for everyone of us (english player), we should use always the last Block of pso, if SEGA add more block or renamed them (like last update), the last block always be an all-use block :P

MissMalice
Sep 6, 2012, 10:52 AM
Thank you everyone for your votes, but the poll is now CLOSED!
See the first post for the official times and location of the meetup!

Meta77
Sep 6, 2012, 11:24 AM
I just started playing last night and hit level 2 but have no idea where to go now :p im in the lobby atm *i mean not now but thats where i logged off* My game runs a little slow as im running it on a laptop but if anyone is willing to put up with that id love any help later after work.

MissMalice
Sep 6, 2012, 11:34 AM
I just started playing last night and hit level 2 but have no idea where to go now :p im in the lobby atm *i mean not now but thats where i logged off* My game runs a little slow as im running it on a laptop but if anyone is willing to put up with that id love any help later after work.

I'm sorry, but this isn't a "hey, who wants to party and help me level?" thread.

This is the thread for the Ship10 Meet and Greet event on this coming Saturday. For more information on where to go and what times, please see the first post, thank you. c: We'd be more than happy to have you join us.

Though, if you're not coming, then I would suggest you delete your post and try finding people to squad with in this forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18), thank you~ Or if you would rather, I can ask a Mod to move your post [though it would probably just be easier for you to do it]. c:

Meta77
Sep 6, 2012, 02:01 PM
Isnt it basically the same thing. I doubt your meeting to talk and quit :p I mean meet someone and then later play together. But Ill just move it though it still seems neat.

IzzyData
Sep 6, 2012, 02:05 PM
I guess just show up and meet some people to potentially play with.

Rika-chan
Sep 6, 2012, 07:55 PM
I can't wait until the meet and greet~
Also, think we can hold another one next week ish for a friend of mine? I don't know if he'll be able to attend or not anyway, but I'd like to give him a chance to participate (he doesn't have pso2 yet, going to help him with it on sunday, which is unfortunately after the meet and greet). Plus if people couldn't attend this one, they could attend that one +^_^+

RadiantOmega
Sep 7, 2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks For taking the time to arrange this. I'll be in attendance regardless of the time. It will be a pleasure to meet and greet you all.

Galax
Sep 7, 2012, 12:14 PM
If I'm on I'll come.

MissMalice
Sep 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
I can't wait until the meet and greet~
Also, think we can hold another one next week ish for a friend of mine? I don't know if he'll be able to attend or not anyway, but I'd like to give him a chance to participate (he doesn't have pso2 yet, going to help him with it on sunday, which is unfortunately after the meet and greet). Plus if people couldn't attend this one, they could attend that one +^_^+

I know we already spoke in PMs, but I'll go ahead and reply here too so others could make suggestions! c:

I can't host another one next week, but I was hoping to make the meetups a semi-regular activity; once a month or so. This first meetup will get everyone together and acquainted. Then perhaps next time we could hang out and possibly get some big multiparties together. But we have some time to think of more ideas for the future. c:

Thanks For taking the time to arrange this. I'll be in attendance regardless of the time. It will be a pleasure to meet and greet you all.

Glad to have another participant! Be sure to spread the word! ^_^

If I'm on I'll come.

I hope you'll be able to make it! Even if its just for five minutes~ c:

Reiketsu
Sep 7, 2012, 01:57 PM
I can't host another one next week, but I was hoping to make the meetups a semi-regular activity; once a month or so. This first meetup will get everyone together and acquainted. Then perhaps next time we could hang out and possibly get some big multiparties together. But we have some time to think of more ideas for the future. c:

Yes, I think that's exactly how it should be.
And I hope we'll get that to work on ship 02 as well :/

Rika-chan
Sep 7, 2012, 03:53 PM
I know we already spoke in PMs, but I'll go ahead and reply here too so others could make suggestions! c:

Sounds perfect +^_^+

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!
The first meetup will be in about 3 hours from now!

Rika-chan
Sep 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
2 hours~

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8

Grifs Astoni
Sep 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
Almost there! All I've been doing is going hide and seek while waiting for the countdown.

Epic fail coming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and I just noticed that voting has been closed.

Reiketsu
Sep 8, 2012, 02:05 PM
Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8)

Lol, I was thinking about that too, just now xD
And it seems a certain someone's quite excited and can't wait for it to begin, huh?

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 02:17 PM
Almost there! All I've been doing is going hide and seek while waiting for the countdown.

Epic fail coming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and I just noticed that voting has been closed.

Hehe, yeah the voting has been closed for a couple of days. ^_^ I wanted to have plenty of time to announce an official time while also having time to announce changes if something came up.

Lol, I was thinking about that too, just now xD
And it seems a certain someone's quite excited and can't wait for it to begin, huh?

I'm VERY excited~ Its the first time I've ever hosted something like this. x3

Rika-chan
Sep 8, 2012, 03:00 PM
ONE MO' (HOUR)

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 04:30 PM
A bit late but:

The first meet up has now started! ^__^
There will be a 1 hour break and then
the second meetup will begin!

Requiem Aeternam
Sep 8, 2012, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately due to some stupid program screwing with my computer I won't be able to attend either of these. I was really looking forward to it too. :-?

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately due to some stupid program screwing with my computer I won't be able to attend either of these. I was really looking forward to it too. :-?

I'm so sorry to hear that... I hope you'll be able to make it to the next event. :c

Requiem Aeternam
Sep 8, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that... I hope you'll be able to make it to the next event. :c

Nevermind, I got it sorted so I can go now ^^ Was worried because all the websites I searched to get rid of it said it was some kind of Malware.

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 05:57 PM
Nevermind, I got it sorted so I can go now ^^ Was worried because all the websites I searched to get rid of it said it was some kind of Malware.

YES! That's great! See you in-game then! <3

Niwa_Daisuke
Sep 8, 2012, 06:59 PM
If anyone noticed a very quiet character called Katsy Elesia it was me lol, the game crashed three times. I am still unable to solve the problem ; ;.

Lostbob117
Sep 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
I don't see the point of meet and greets on pso2, there's something called block20 where english players are mostly.

Grifs Astoni
Sep 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
Block 20 is dead, in case you didn't know.

MissMalice
Sep 8, 2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see the point of meet and greets on pso2, there's something called block20 where english players are mostly.

Well, you have to take into consideration that there are quite a few people that don't read the forums. So, there are going to be people who don't know that Block 20 is the "universal" English block. c: A few people who turned up today had no idea there were so many others floating around ship 10. I believe one of them joined a team before they left~

Overall I think it was nice. ^__^ I wasn't expecting so many to show up. Kinda makes me sad that I main on ship 2 because I met so many nice people.

Also, gotta give a huge thank you to Rika! You were so enthusiastic about the event since day one! Thank you for your support, your awesome symbol art to promote the event, and getting everyone at the meetup together for a group picture [which I can't wait to see]!

I didn't take any screenshots, but I'm hoping to get the videos up by tomorrow at the latest~ I'm so glad everyone had a good time, and I hope that if we do another one in the foreseeable future that we will have an even bigger turnout!

Amaranthus
Sep 8, 2012, 10:41 PM
ugh.. Looks like I missed this. D;

DjDragoon
Sep 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. I was at an event I couldn't escape from. I hope to see you all next time!

Grifs Astoni
Sep 9, 2012, 01:49 AM
Anyway, met some people and had some added on my list. Thanks.

sekkai
Sep 9, 2012, 04:26 AM
Sorry guys coudnt attend. Hope you had fun :)