PDA

View Full Version : mmmm dat sound

Cry0
Sep 3, 2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know if this has been said somewhere yet, but it definately deserves to be!

The sound when you grind something to +10... OOooh yeah, baby! It feels so good, I've grinded 1* armor units to 10 just to hear it!

It really makes it sounds accomplishmentish, doesn't it?

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2012, 09:54 AM
This thread is silly, and it has gained my approval.

HFlowen
Sep 3, 2012, 09:57 AM
I like the sound when a rare drops.

First time I heard it I thought I got a one-up or something.

Aeris
Sep 3, 2012, 11:47 AM
Also grinding a element on a weapon 40%+ makes that same sound as well.

Kanivakil
Sep 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
This thread is silly, and it has gained my approval.

Silly is a moderate way of putting it.

Cry0
Sep 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
So making people laugh with something silly is wrong now? :P

In any case, good to know, I'll be getting my zanba to 40+ in a little while. Also, does it make that everytime you grind over 40? Because if so, I'll be saving up for a sound-spree /D

Ce'Nedra
Sep 3, 2012, 02:41 PM
^Someone is gonna nerdgasm from grinding his weapons. Sounds fun.

Kanivakil
Sep 3, 2012, 02:46 PM

In any case, good to know, I'll be getting my zanba to 40+ in a little while. Also, does it make that everytime you grind over 40? Because if so, I'll be saving up for a sound-spree /D

Many people complain about meaningless threads people make and the word "silly" as the other person remarked was a moderate way to express this. And no, it wasn't funny. Now to answer your question. No, the sound of video game noises don't make me feel that I've accomplished something. Hitting the jackpot in the slot machine and hearing the noises is an accomplishment, not some video game noises. But it's just preferences. Some people like cash and some others such as yourself like video game items within the video game.

relentless
Sep 3, 2012, 03:06 PM
People complain about meaningless threads people make and the word "silly" as the other person remarked was a moderate way to express this. And no, it wasn't funny. Now to answer your question. No, the sound of video game noises don't make me feel that I've accomplished something. Hitting the jackpot in the slot machine is an accomplishment, not some video game noises.

"People" <- in this thread so far, only you
"other person" <- you are talking about yourself in third person
"no, it wasn't funny" <- so what if people think it was?
"video game noises" <- except he was talking about a specific one and not any. I agree that a game over sound probably wouldn't make me feel like I accomplished something. And yes, they are generally supposed to emphasize the events game sounds accompany. Try to play a game without sound effects and you'll notice the difference not only for a hell-of-a-ride +10 grind achievement.

edit:

But it's just preferences. Some people like cash and some others such as yourself like video game items within the video game.
No. ^-^

Kanivakil
Sep 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
"People" <- in this thread so far, only you
"other person" <- you are talking about yourself in third person
"no, it wasn't funny" <- so what if people think it was?
"video game noises" <- except he was talking about a specific one and not any. I agree that a game over sound probably wouldn't make me feel like I accomplished something. And yes, they are generally supposed to emphasize the events game sounds accompany. Try to play a game without sound effects and you'll notice the difference not only for a hell-of-a-ride +10 grind achievement.

1. People had been correct to "Many people." before you posted your reply. Look at the times posted.

2. "Other person" referred to the person who called this thread "silly."

3. It was simply an expression of an opinion, not seeking validations.

4. I don't listen to video game sounds. During gameplay, I listen to real music. Enough people have complained about how boring this game is and still continue to play it for numerous hours. Although a back rub is good, rub it long enough and it will become a nuisance. The same applies to music, especially video game music.

"No. ^-^" -relentless

An answer without support has no credibility.

relentless
Sep 3, 2012, 03:29 PM
1. Umm okay?

2. Which is part of why he approved?

3. Point(opinion) taken.

4. So you are implying that there is no difference to you if there weren't any sound effects? That's... that's just...!

Ce'Nedra
Sep 3, 2012, 03:37 PM
Not again...

Can't there be one firgging topic on this forum anymore that won't be ruined by e-dicks?

Kanivakil
Sep 3, 2012, 03:45 PM
1. Umm okay?

2. Which is part of why he approved?

3. Point(opinion) taken.

4. So you are implying that there is no difference to you if there weren't any sound effects? That's... that's just...!

1. A pointless remark.

2. Silly: weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish. -Dictionary.com. Does the definition of "silly" sound like an approval to you?

3. ***

4. It's a preference. Some people listen to video game music. I listen to my music library.

Fox2Tails
Sep 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
Not again...

Can't there be one firgging topic on this forum anymore that won't be ruined by e-dicks?

Stop posting then :p

Cry0
Sep 3, 2012, 05:21 PM
Not again...

And that's the last time I try to do something cheerful on here...

Apparently It's all serious PSO2 bussiness on here Ce'nedra :S

Moderator, lock please!

relentless
Sep 3, 2012, 05:35 PM
Moderator, lock please!
I actually thought praising the game's features to this detail was pretty nifty of you. I love the sound when a rare drops btw.! It sounds so sparkly. Maybe a mod could fix the topic up instead of killing it with fire, like change the title and delete irrelevant posts. No complaints if my posts are deleted.

Facepalm at your own risk.
[spoiler-box]

An answer without support has no credibility.
Sorry that I threw a silly answer towards you there but I'd be happy to know what cash and game items have to do with a game's sound effect. Now if you realized the irrelevance there's no need to answer this.

2. Silly: weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish. -Dictionary.com. Does the definition of "silly" sound like an approval to you?

"Let's define a word and discuss its meaning" level. That's usually when you should realize just how much the topic has been derailed already. You don't need to answer this either.

4. It's a preference. Some people listen to video game music. I listen to my music library.You're driving me nuts. For the last time it's about a person who wants to express his like for a sound when a grind reached +10. It doesn't mean you don't like real money. It doesn't have to do with any preference about any items or BGMs. Your examples of preferences don't make sense.[/spoiler-box]

Ce'Nedra
Sep 4, 2012, 02:06 AM
And that's the last time I try to do something cheerful on here...

Apparently It's all serious PSO2 bussiness on here Ce'nedra :S

Moderator, lock please!

Sadly thats how the forums have become ever since PSO2 Alpha...lots of new people who just have to ruin every single topic they see with any form of drama.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2012, 02:07 AM
Whaaaat, I liked this thread.

Disregard haters, acquire quality thread.

blace
Sep 4, 2012, 02:19 AM
Guys, he's new. Let him flounder around trying to flash his e-peen all over.

Now, I used to think I was an over assumptious ass, but I didn't base my opinion as fact.

Back on topic: Anyone have a soundclip of it? Doo Doo isn't nice enough for me to get anything past the +5 mark yet.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 4, 2012, 03:56 AM
i found Belgium+^_^+ i want me 100 Meseta+^_^+
anyway, i do like that sound, and DuDu was kind to me for a long time.... until now... i have this Talis that refuses to go past +8, i think i might have spent at least a mill on it by now+^_^+ on the plus side, once i get it, it'll be the strongest of it's kind on Ship 2 be 10 tech (or whatever techers call atk+^_^+)

Cry0
Sep 4, 2012, 10:43 AM
i found Belgium+^_^+ i want me 100 Meseta+^_^+
anyway, i do like that sound, and DuDu was kind to me for a long time.... until now... i have this Talis that refuses to go past +8, i think i might have spent at least a mill on it by now+^_^+ on the plus side, once i get it, it'll be the strongest of it's kind on Ship 2 be 10 tech (or whatever techers call atk+^_^+)

Ok then, back on track :D

Once I move to ship 2 (in one of the next updates??), you can collect your reward :P

Also, on the rare finding sound, yeah, it sounds nice but unfortunately I rarely hear it due to the many 'splosions going off all around me :(

wijen
Sep 4, 2012, 12:27 PM
soooooo
does anyone, by any chance, managed to datamine those SE?
the +10 / elemntal 40+ grind, and the rare drop SE?
I'd really love to use those as a message tone or something like that :D
(especially the rare drop one)

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 12:30 PM
Personally, I like the sound of Speed Rain and Trick Rave for several hours straight.

wijen
Sep 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
if we're going that way,
I love the SE when we hit a weak spot of a certain enemies,
like rockbears head, yede's bottom
makes me want to shout out "DIE DIE DIEEEEEE"

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2012, 12:40 PM
PKEW PKEW, love that sound.

I'm not fond of the KTINK we get with certain spots, though.

Saffran
Sep 4, 2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah, the sound when element weakness for light (or dark, very similar SE) hits is not so pleasant.
As far as SE go, surely a look into the game folder should suffice, right ?
Edit: Oh my goodness me. That's a lot of hassle to sell a couple of hundreds OSTs, SEGA...

Cry0
Sep 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'd really love to use those as a message tone or something like that :D
(especially the rare drop one)

yes, YES, GOD YES?!

Gama
Sep 4, 2012, 05:13 PM
yes the sound is rather enjoyable indeed.

Aeris
Sep 4, 2012, 06:08 PM

Sorry for the late reply but yes it does, it does from 40% to 50% (max) since i was element grinding a daylight scar to 50% fire.

Du1337
Sep 4, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cool to read that they have uqiue sounds for unique accomplishments...

About the grinding... I wasnt really motivated to do so in the past cuz u could 'break' or 'lose' ur weapons?...

How hard or how risci is it in PSO2?

[Ayumi]
Sep 4, 2012, 09:39 PM
The sound it makes when I S rank a mission.
Gave me a big ass grin the 1st time I heard it in CBT.
"Omg.. PSO...!"

Aeris
Sep 4, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cool to read that they have uqiue sounds for unique accomplishments...

About the grinding... I wasnt really motivated to do so in the past cuz u could 'break' or 'lose' ur weapons?...

How hard or how risci is it in PSO2?

Its pretty random, either you go up +1 or go down -1,-2 or -3 or not lose the grind if you fail it up to a max of +10, the rarer the gear the harder/lower chance to success grinds on it.

Cry0
Sep 5, 2012, 11:24 AM
Maybe I've just been lucky with grinding but I havn't failed much. (well, there was that one time I failed a 5->6 grind 15times in a row, but...) Everythign under 7* should be perfectly grindable to 10. For 7*+ weapons, I wouldnt go past 8, it's usually not worth the troubel.