PDA

View Full Version : What random things do you do for fun?

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 04:09 PM
I'm curious, what random things do you do for fun?
Sometimes I play hide and seek with my guild members :shy:.

BIG OLAF
Sep 3, 2012, 04:11 PM
Change outfits in the middle of missions (or just randomly) to make my teammates/friends go "Wait...weren't you wearing...?"

Fox2Tails
Sep 3, 2012, 04:12 PM
Play another game ._.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 04:18 PM
I might be wrong, but you sound really bored of the game. I use my seldom play time to make money and find items, the main activity of the game.

Not really. Sometimes I just feel like doing something else besides that, or don't feel like playing another game.

Udonge
Sep 3, 2012, 04:21 PM
Solo bosses

Mystil
Sep 3, 2012, 04:23 PM
Emergency Code Rockbear asskicking.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 04:34 PM
The person asked for "random" things you do and how are your answers random? Some of you change clothes during battle, and some of you solo bosses, but how is this random? Some of you may want to find a rare drop from bosses, or even expose yourself to the enemy, but is behavior really random or the product resulting from your nature? I would choose the later. Cats do not chase birds and mice because it's a random act but rather because its part of their nature.

It doesn't really have to be random ^^;.

CelestialBlade
Sep 3, 2012, 04:40 PM
Me and my team like to sit around our leader's room and chat about absolutely nothing :lol: Sometimes I'll pop my head in the more populated blocks just to chat with peeps too.

Reiketsu
Sep 3, 2012, 04:41 PM
Change outfits in the middle of missions (or just randomly) to make my teammates/friends go "Wait...weren't you wearing...?"

Yeah, I've noticed...

As for what I do for fun: verbally raping my party members... :-?

Mystil
Sep 3, 2012, 04:50 PM
The person asked for "random" things you do and how are your answers random? Some of you change clothes during battle, and some of you solo bosses, but how is this random? Some of you may want to find a rare drop from bosses, or even expose yourself to the enemy, but is this behavior really random or the product resulting from your nature? I would choose the later. Cats do not chase birds and mice because it's a random act but rather because its part of their being.

Silliness is a component of randomness. Ever thought of yourself as an Emergency Code and then activating yourself on a mob for fun? (I'll answer for you. It's clearly No.)

But ok, heres a "by your definition" a random act I find fun, most of the time. Going in an area and finding a tall cliff and then jumping off, seeing how far and for how long I can mirage escape in the air before landing.

Gany
Sep 3, 2012, 04:59 PM
Oh, the internet. :P

You mentioned Hide and Seek, well sometimes before our weekly MPA events we have been known to play Tag. Something fun to do while killing time maybe waiting on the rest of the participants in the MPA to get their equipment ready or change classes.

Either that, or just sit around in Alena's room and bullshit with each other. :P

Also, we sometimes have themes before events for fun, like a Formal Wear theme. Or Crazy Hat Day, or wear the ugliest gear you can find, etc.

Dan Maku
Sep 3, 2012, 05:00 PM
The best thing I can do for fun in this game is to play it with friends while Skyping. Failing that, I try to solo tough bosses. Working on solo-ing the Quartz Dragon right now. :3

Shirai
Sep 3, 2012, 05:01 PM
Wrecking peoples rooms is really fun by dumping a bunch of random items in them!

Or teasing people in my team, not much to do for fun in the game honestly...

They need to bring back lobby 15 that was in PSO.

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'd rather keep this on topic/not have any arguments ^^;

relentless
Sep 3, 2012, 05:53 PM
I like to check out my player NPCs. It's fun to see what friends can come up with. Oh, and their auto messages...

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 06:11 PM
Guess I shouldn't have made this thread. I was just curious of various things people liked to do :/

Sp-24
Sep 3, 2012, 06:18 PM
It's not your fault. Kanivakil looks to be making a forum career out of this little 'pseudo-intellectual pseudo-trolling' he seems so apt at.

Fixed.

As for things to do for fun, I'm, unfortunately, currently limited to coming up with creative ways of mentioning GameGuard in every part of the players' survey. (It's not over yet, is it?)

Narugami
Sep 3, 2012, 07:37 PM
I like to check out my player NPCs. It's fun to see what friends can come up with. Oh, and their auto messages...

I once set my npc to wear no weapons and armor units for a week. It just went around boxing monsters and died quickly. Got feedback like "YOUR NPC SUCKS" and "WTF IS WITH YOUR NPC?" Setting it to clumsy daredevil didn't help either.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2012, 07:38 PM
I once set my npc to wear no weapons and armor units for a week. It just went around boxing monsters and died quickly. Got feedback like "YOUR NPC SUCKS" and "WTF IS WITH YOUR NPC?" Setting it to clumsy daredevil didn't help either.

I'm doing this. I have mine set up for tanking to help friends, better than having an NPC that dies instantly. But now I'm unequipping his weapon!

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 07:39 PM
The person who originally asked the question, wanted a "random" act which the players do for fun. So far, none of the answers had been random. They all had reasons why they did it and did it consciously.

It doesn't really have to be random ^^;.
^^; :-?

relentless
Sep 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
That idea sounds so awesome I should try that, too. :D

edit: beat me to it

Kanivakil
Sep 3, 2012, 07:45 PM
^^; :-?

Okay okay. I better stop. That was fun. **Goes back to playing PSO 2** But first, to your question.

What do I do for fun? When I'm drunk, on weekends...after coming home from a party...I wouldn't sleep because I didn't put in my PSO 2 hours for that day because I am such a PSO fan, so I would play some PSO 2 to make up, but unfortunately, I would often wake up the next morning on the floor not remembering anything.

Coatl
Sep 3, 2012, 09:02 PM
I live in the moment.
While lobby dancing in front of miku on the big screens. <3

Pirrip
Sep 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
I collect as many rappy themed things as possible. The Rappy suit, doll, masks, weapons, everything. I just got the white rappy suit tonight. ^_^
I just love the rappies, and I don't know why.

I am really really hoping that they release the Rappy MAG Cell from Phantasy Star Zero.
(PSO2 has some weapons and music from PSZero, already so I am hopeful!)

Blackheart521
Sep 3, 2012, 10:06 PM
I collect as many rappy themed things as possible. The Rappy suit, doll, masks, weapons, everything. I just got the white rappy suit tonight. ^_^

I am really really hoping that they release the Rappy MAG Cell from Phantasy Star Zero.

Pretty sure they showed that in a recent screenshot for the next update so you should be grabbing that mag cell soon, you'll have to trade in a bunch of AC outifts for it though. ^^;

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2012, 10:14 PM

I love to be the bearer of good news. You're probably getting your wish!

There's a screenshot of the AC exchange shop, and it has a rappy mag device with an icon of an egg. It's probably a mag cell, but that's not absolutely positively 100% certain.

There is the drawback that you'll need to buy AC scratch items, probably including any AC scratch costume or AC scratch cast part, but those don't go for too much. It's certainly worth it for a rappy mag!

edit: I don't love to be beaten. Or maybe I do, it means there's an attentive bunch of readers, that's always good.

Pirrip
Sep 3, 2012, 11:59 PM
Pretty sure they showed that in a recent screenshot for the next update so you should be grabbing that mag cell soon, you'll have to trade in a bunch of AC outifts for it though. ^^;

I love to be the bearer of good news. You're probably getting your wish!

There's a screenshot of the AC exchange shop, and it has a rappy mag device with an icon of an egg. It's probably a mag cell, but that's not absolutely positively 100% certain.

There is the drawback that you'll need to buy AC scratch items, probably including any AC scratch costume or AC scratch cast part, but those don't go for too much. It's certainly worth it for a rappy mag!

edit: I don't love to be beaten. Or maybe I do, it means there's an attentive bunch of readers, that's always good.

I just double-checked on the bumped blog and saw the new mag device! It definitely says "Rappy" on it. I just lost my shit. You have no idea how happy this makes me.

I am so glad you guys caught that and mentioned it. I love PSO2 and almost everything about it(DooDoo is the exception *shakes a fist*), but I really really like the new Rappies... I've grown obsessed. :razz:

Edit: Also, the AC thing is no big deal. I already purchase some AC every month(I had been prepared to pay for subscription like I had with JP PSU: AoTI). I'll pretty much do what it takes to procure a rappy mag.

Dhylec
Sep 4, 2012, 12:17 AM
As you can see, I have to delete multiple posts, multiple times to keep this simple thread on track. So, stay on topic, or stay out of the thread. The next to derail, will be disciplined harshly.

Keilyn
Sep 4, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hello everyone.

Habits to me, are random to others.

For starters the computer I use to play video games is also the one I use to run my audio engineering programs. In the same room I keep my musical instruments I am currently using, a Bed and a TV.

For Online Games where its just being bored, here are things I like to do:

1) Kill myself in random ways and record it on Fraps or DXtory and at times post/edit the videos.
2) A Habit I picked up from a friend was to encircle someone and create expanding and contracting question marks and replace them with triple exclamation marks, example is:

?
??
???
????
???
??
?
!!!

.....then log out or leave the room,

3) Circle someone 10 times for good luck.
4) Smily-proof all my texts (This is more a style by I am still a heavy user of ASCII smilies in online games.
5) Try to grind super weak weapons with high attribute. I remember my 40% Native Saber+255 in PSO. I just really had nothing else to do.
6) In PSU, on the raft...fighting rol le, I would sit in the middle of the raft as a Fighter Type until I could actually attack rol le, sometimes throwing emotes and gestures.
7) In the video game guild wars, I would make a build that uses five or six skills and throw some random skills to really throw off players, sometimes I would kick ass, sometimes I would get my ass kicked.
8) Selene was my emotional reflector in PSU, I would dress her to the way I felt inside of myself, while Keilyn would reflect how I felt about everything else...so sometimes I would walk around with weaker weapons just to do slow and painful kills vs quick and easy to some enemies that pissed me off.
9) In shooter games, we start roleplay ourselves as vampires or religious fanatics and we put on the clan tag [Budda] and start killing players in maps as a team with weapons everyone hates to be killed by. We would use theme names, Favorite still is Shampoo, Lotion, Condition in DeusEx, Heterosexual, Bisexual, Trans-sexual and Homosexual in Unreal Tournament. We would format names to play with the death message.
10) I would change projectile classes in shooter games for the hell of it and run servers with different weapon effects. Example in old unreal engine games:

Adminlogin (password)
Admin set human bcheatsenabled 1
Admin set weaponflamethrower projectileclass shuriken

(this would make Flamethrowers in DeusEx fire throwing knives instead of fire)

I would also make assault rifles fire tranquilizer darts and Shotguns fire micro HE 20mm bursts.

In UnrealTournament I would make Enforcers fire Energy Balls and Link Gun fire those blasted deflecting projectiles.

11) in NWN I would take control of Dragons and powerful creatures as a DM and roleplay the creatire killing off the player characters.
12) In all MMORPGs, I take Random Screenshots during battles, some come out really nice...PSU had that problem solved with screenshots of frozen characters.
13) In RTS games I would take screenshots and make funny stories...That was how SoBN started...I took a picture of 300 units surrounding one NOD unit in Command and Conquer and said "The messiah is here....." then with some friends created a cult and an idea to mask elites as newbs, became apostles who worshipped a cross between a divine asshole and a holy cow and made Sacred Order of the Brotherhood of Newbs after rewriting Genesis and Revelations. Then created a religion called "Newbish" since we figure all newbs in all online games behave 90% the same so they must be guided by some absent minded god. ^^

Ok, I can bring this list to 100 if I wanted. I multitask a lot and sometimes I reach points when I run many programs together and end up getting weird results. The most random thing I ever do is simply pick up my guitar or bass and play to whatever bass track or live-noise (physical noises we hear)...Yes, its totally random if I am hearing multiple tracks overlapped with game music by accident and playing something...

Yes, try it....play two or three pieces of music at the same time. Youtube, MP3 playback + video game + yourself play an instrument and its totally weird.

Ok, thats enough of me.

I will be home tomorrow night. That is if one of my two planes do not become meatball subs or attempt water-landings. So much for my endless repeitore of plane-crashing jokes....Of course as long as "X marks the spot" is not on Land, I will be happy. I like it far bluer.....

Rika-chan
Sep 4, 2012, 04:17 PM
I recently got a duel gaze, so I made some yugioh autowords :wacko: I wonder what the people who have used my npc's reaction was XD

Gama
Sep 4, 2012, 05:12 PM

This, and being silly.

Inazuma
Sep 4, 2012, 05:33 PM
I recently got a duel gaze, so I made some yugioh autowords :wacko: I wonder what the people who have used my npc's reaction was XD

I didn't change my autowords but I recently got a Duel Gaze myself, and sometimes I use it while saying lines from Yuugiou such as:

ドロー! (Draw!)

俺のターン! (Ore no turn!)

HFlowen
Sep 4, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sometimes when I see a group of people standing in a circle I jump into the middle and strike one of those super sentai poses, then just go about my business.

Bonus points if the group is close to an overhang that I can jump down from.

Rika-chan
Sep 4, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sometimes when I see a group of people standing in a circle I jump into the middle and strike one of those super sentai poses, then just go about my business.

LOL. I should try that. During EQs I wait at a really high up spot, and jump down into the group of people when it starts

Julliz
Sep 4, 2012, 08:41 PM
/ci7 everywhere!
it's even more fun when everyone else /ci7's back :D

Exiled_Gundam
Sep 4, 2012, 09:16 PM
Dancing on top of Malmoth or Kaltargot :P

Rika-chan
Sep 4, 2012, 09:46 PM
I used to do that all the time

[Ayumi]
Sep 4, 2012, 09:50 PM
The only thing I can say is doing client orders...

dablacksephiroth
Sep 4, 2012, 11:21 PM
I sign on my tiniest character, find an unsuspecting female, and distance myself enough that my camera nails me the perfect "upskreenshot."

Then I play MikuMikuDance, til someone cool signs on.

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2012, 11:27 PM

I recall you doing that to me and the people I was speaking with about three times yesterday. :lol: Good fun.

Takatsuki
Sep 4, 2012, 11:33 PM
Slides!
There's a bunch of places around the Arks Ship that you'll slide down if you jump on them. Some of them are shaped like slides. My favorites are the ones near the teleporters to the shop area, the big spiral one around the stairs leading up to where Joseph is, and the one next to Franka.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 11:35 PM
Victory Dances sometimes after a fight with a big group of enemies if I'm not Sanicing across the map
Preying on AFKers in a variety of ways
Male Alt H + J repeatedly
Alt J whenever Code Rescue orb catches me so I can be cool teleporting anime villain
Mashing Partisan Block while moving forward cuz sound is fun
Sending random Whispers to random people on the list of those that appear in the lobby, usually saying "Would you like to hear the story of our lord and saviour, Ethan Waber?"
Using NPC's of my friends when I feel masochistic due to their autoword spam. Otherwise, Echo...
/ci7

dablacksephiroth
Sep 5, 2012, 12:31 AM
I like it when people afk and sit on top of the railings near the elevator. So then I take and push them until they slide all the way down the ramp.

Once they hit the bottom, they pop right back up at the top and I get to start all over again and continue bullying their afk corpse.

AzureBlaze
Sep 5, 2012, 12:55 AM
I try to make the monsters fight eachother.
It is especially great with machines vs darkers. The machines are especially aggrissve vs. darkers. I will gather up groups of both, then 'trail them' (make them chase me) until I lead 1 group onto the other. Then I will hide behind the scenery/at a distance and watch them try to kill eachother.

Then, I pretend I am filming a nature documentary.
"The Spargun confuses the kaltagot with the bouncing bombs, while Spardan A is killed by the sting of the El Ahda".

I once watched a vulture/bird/naberius flying thing puke a dagan to death, just so that I could say I'd seen death by barfing. The El Dagan are especially good at ruining robots, even gunlegs/signogun. Stuff will wipe itself out pretty good if you don't interfere.

I will also defend soft special rappy from monsters, and then not kill it. Darkers especially hate this soft rappy.

Yeah, nobody joins my games much.