PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Total wicked user(RMT, and other) banned for August...1158 act.

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2012, 08:25 PM
SOJ just released a update on the August number of wicked user that are banned.
This include RMT, user that hack or modify the game client with third party program.
Total number of user 1,158

Time frame: 08/01/2012~08/31/2012

And Sega thank the user for the reports, and ask that you continue to use the Wicked user feature to report wicked user to make the game better.

Source:
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?charid=i_20120903

Sp-24
Sep 4, 2012, 08:28 PM
Scratch the "just" part, it's been on the site for a few days now.

And I still don't understand how can RMT exist in a game like this.

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2012, 08:35 PM
Scratch the "just" part, it's been on the site for a few days now.

And I still don't understand how can RMT exist in a game like this.

Majority of it are China players, at least according to the 2ch RMT report list.
Based on the name of the individual and the "guild" their in.

Saffran
Sep 5, 2012, 06:22 AM
How about "I'll pay 5000Yen for (insert weapon) +10 with a soul and another good affix"?
I mean, if anything, RMT makes a lot MORE sense in PSO2.

RocSage
Sep 5, 2012, 06:50 AM
How about "I'll pay 5000Yen for (insert weapon) +10 with a soul and another good affix"?
I mean, if anything, RMT makes a lot MORE sense in PSO2.

Why would you pay some one to insert a weapon into you? Seems wrong.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 5, 2012, 07:06 AM

Stupid people do stupid things.

DoubleCannon
Sep 5, 2012, 07:22 AM

Because they are aliens and thats just what aliens like to do! lmao sorry I could not resist, to perfect of a time to say such a thing haha.

Macman
Sep 5, 2012, 10:39 AM
"Wicked user" is such a funny term...

Fox2Tails
Sep 5, 2012, 11:07 AM
Stupid people do stupid things.

Yes. Yes they do

Slidikins
Sep 5, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm absolutely fine with this so long as they don't pull a SoA and wrongly ban accounts like they did on PSU PC.

Sizustar
Sep 5, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm absolutely fine with this so long as they don't pull a SoA and wrongly ban accounts like they did on PSU PC.

Browsing through English(Here), Japanese 2ch, and some Chinese forum.
It seems like even the Chinese community is trying to behave, as some guild once they got member that are Japanese or fluent in Japanese, and find out they have RMter in their guild, they either kick them or report them.
And the big chinese forum has now a rule against RMT.
So they are also worried about the IP ban.

And I haven't heard any English user being unfairly banned, except that sexy******* user, and that other user that thought he was ip-banned and made a topic.

Silver Crow
Sep 5, 2012, 06:13 PM
It seems like even the Chinese community is trying to behave, as some guild once they got member that are Japanese or fluent in Japanese, and find out they have RMter in their guild, they either kick them or report them.

And I haven't heard any English user being unfairly banned, except that sexy******* user, and that other user that thought he was ip-banned and made a topic.

Another user made an ipban topic? I'm such a trend setter

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 5, 2012, 06:20 PM
Another user made an ipban topic? I'm such a trend setter

I think he was talking about you already :p

Silver Crow
Sep 5, 2012, 06:23 PM
I think he was talking about you already :p

couldn't have been, he said that user was banned o.o

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 5, 2012, 06:40 PM
couldn't have been, he said that user was banned o.o

and that other user that *thought* he was ip-banned and made a topic.

^You (unless it's somebody else, but I remember your thread from yesterday).
And I'm sure that other person was guilty of something and just didn't want to come clean!

moorebounce
Sep 5, 2012, 07:32 PM

lol I needed that.

Lostbob117
Sep 5, 2012, 07:42 PM

Those people were probably banned for a reason.

Also, there will be no ip ban for us, I don't why you guys are worring.

Sp-24
Sep 5, 2012, 08:25 PM
Those people were probably banned for a reason.

Also, there will be no ip ban for us, I don't why you guys are worring.

Hate to break this for you, but they've just recently updated the ToS with a rule that forbids playing PSO2 from outside of Japan (which, by the way, was the main reason some naive people believed there wouldn't be an IP block) and stopped accepting money from foreign credit cards (which, by the way, was the other main reason some naive people believed there wouldn't be an IP block). Also, Sakai himself has confirmed that IP ban is a possibility.

Sizustar
Sep 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hate to break this for you, but they've just recently updated the ToS with a rule that forbids playing PSO2 from outside of Japan (which, by the way, was the main reason some naive people believed there wouldn't be an IP block) and stopped accepting money from foreign credit cards (which, by the way, was the other main reason some naive people believed there wouldn't be an IP block). Also, Sakai himself has confirmed that IP ban is a possibility.

A. It's not recent.
B. Sakai already explained the reasoning for the TOS change.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199658

eharima
Sep 6, 2012, 01:39 AM
Inb4 IP block when na/eu server gets released.
In4b strip dance club red blue rooms are gonna be android vita lobby
inb4 speculation has less impact.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 6, 2012, 02:08 AM

Other games have done this, wouldn't be surprised it it happens tbh.

Inb4 players threatening class-action lawsuit against Sega.

Sp-24
Sep 6, 2012, 02:37 AM
Inb4 players threatening class-action lawsuit against Sega.

Haha, I loved it the last time it was brought up.

Mystil
Sep 6, 2012, 09:15 AM
In4b strip dance club red blue rooms are gonna be android vita lobby
inb4 speculation has less impact.

I thought about the first one.

I'm not gonna say anything else about it cause jinxes aren't cool.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 6, 2012, 09:24 AM
I thought about the first one. They could have just done that with PSU(all the same TOS and what not).

Well, you already jinxed yourself...

Back then you had to have a physical copy of the game, plus you had to pay using webmoney (NCSX sold them, not too hard to get a hold of) because the shitty pre-Isao payment system wouldn't accept foreign credit cards AT ALL.

Also, there were a lot less "importers" playing on the Japanese server compared with what we have today.

Eternal255
Sep 6, 2012, 12:10 PM

if they did that, i'd be both pissed but happy. i want to switch over to the english version so i can actually fully play/understand the game, and buy AC without having to jump through hoops.

i dont want to switch over to the english version becuz (aside from losing my current character) we'd have to start from the original, first patch with a lvl 30 cap, no new classes, for a few months. and chances are they'd do like they did with every other US PSO game and shut down the servers years before they shut em down in japan...

tough choice the switch

as for the wicked user report, i wonder if they would actually ban a US user who wasnt actually doing anything wrong, but a player just decided to report becuz they were against ToS?

jooozek
Sep 6, 2012, 12:17 PM
i dont want to switch over to the english version becuz (aside from losing my current character) we'd have to start from the original, first patch with a lvl 30 cap, no new classes, for a few months. and chances are they'd do like they did with every other US PSO game and shut down the servers years before they shut em down in japan...

Source of this claim please, assumptions don't count as I can assume random stuff too and people at PAX heard otherwise (1 week to 1 month delay between the english/japanese version which would mean that we are going to start already with everything that comes out by that time in Japan).

Eternal255
Sep 6, 2012, 12:24 PM
Source of this claim please, assumptions don't count as I can assume random stuff too and people at PAX heard otherwise (1 week to 1 month delay between the english/japanese version which would mean that we are going to start already with everything that comes out by that time in Japan).

well, its what everyone has been saying. and unless we hear otherwise via an official post or statement, i think its safe to assume as such becuz its what they did in previous games.

jooozek
Sep 6, 2012, 12:25 PM
If by everyone you mean naysayers then sure.

Gama
Sep 6, 2012, 12:36 PM

i expect better management from the original servers in comparison to the eu ones.

i mean they made the game so theyre not just hired employees. devs should be around and acessible for questons.

Ayures
Sep 6, 2012, 12:44 PM

We've been promised expedient updates since the PSOv1 days. Sega never came through with it.

jooozek
Sep 6, 2012, 12:54 PM
We've been promised expedient updates since the PSOv1 days. Sega never came through with it.
I see where you are coming from but PSO2 is a different matter now, it's 2012 now, SEGA is apparently on verge of bankrupting and the game is F2P. If they fail to deliver then it will sunk them for real. What I'm trying to say is if they don't man the fuck up they are really going to sink and I'm more than sure that they realise it. Let's just wait until the NA/EU version comes out :wacko:

blace
Sep 6, 2012, 01:11 PM
Somehow, I only see them starting the game off with as bare minimum as possible and adding to that as times goes on. Or maybe it's my experience with other F2P MMO's since they all get released just like how the original version did, but with quicker updates.

What good is all of that content when the most we can do upon release is forest and caves? I expect them to update that sometime after the initial release about two weeks after.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 6, 2012, 02:06 PM
Somehow, I only see them starting the game off with as bare minimum as possible and adding to that as times goes on. Or maybe it's my experience with other F2P MMO's since they all get released just like how the original version did, but with quicker updates.

That's the problem - SoA's really slow with updates. It's been like this since the PSO v1 days.

At least up to v3, you had all the content available though. PSOBB and PSU were disasters.

Keep your fingers crossed that they don't fuck up the Western version.

RocSage
Sep 6, 2012, 02:27 PM
I see where you are coming from but PSO2 is a different matter now, it's 2012 now, SEGA is apparently on verge of bankrupting and the game is F2P. If they fail to deliver then it will sunk them for real. What I'm trying to say is if they don't man the fuck up they are really going to sink and I'm more than sure that they realise it. Let's just wait until the NA/EU version comes out :wacko:

Ummm no....
In 2001 Sega WAS bankrupt and Sammy Holdings bought Sega from CSK
In 2012 Sega Sammy is expanding it's market into other "areas" of gaming and is buying up shares which raises the value of their stock in general.

If Global minus JP PSO2 fails Sega will just stop making Phantasy Star Games for a while and perhaps even sell of the IP or just not port them to the global market any more.