PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 new patch??

Chik'Tikka
Sep 4, 2012, 10:39 PM
so i was planning on playing xbl all night tonight, but most of my online buddies are passing out, so i figure I'd play some PSO2 for awhile, and when i go to launch I'm getting a patch+^_^+ what's in the patch?? it seems fairly large+^_^+ (as it took me almost 15 mins to DL)

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2012, 10:49 PM
Size is 122MB.
Probabely data for the September update.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 4, 2012, 11:26 PM
15 mins to download 122MB...

+^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Sep 4, 2012, 11:32 PM
15 mins to download 122MB...

+^_^+

215 MB, and you know how 6100 miles and running Netfix on an Xbox and a Roku will kill bandwidth+^_^+

Geistritter
Sep 4, 2012, 11:35 PM
Not to mention it's from a Japanese server, and a notoriously slow one at that. I don't enjoy the annoying post gimmick either, but don't be a prick about it.

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2012, 11:37 PM
215 MB, and you now how 6100 miles and running Netfix on an Xbox and a Roku will kill bandwidth+^_^+

122MB is the size that the PSO2 twitter say the update is

【『PSO2』アップデートのお願い】9/5のアップデートデータが配信されましたので更新をお願いいたします。更新データは約122MBです。更新 によりゲームバージョンはVer.1.0005.4となります。

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 4, 2012, 11:47 PM
I don't enjoy the annoying post gimmick either, but don't be a prick about it.

You misunderstand! Tikka and I are best of buds! +^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Sep 4, 2012, 11:47 PM
122MB is the size that the PSO2 twitter say the update is

【『PSO2』アップデートのお願い】9/5のアップデートデータが配信されましたので更新をお願いいたします。更新データは約122MBです。更新 によりゲームバージョンはVer.1.0005.4となります。

+^_^+ English patch is 93MB +^_^+

You misunderstand! Tikka and I are best of buds! +^_^+

and yet you never wanna play with me in game.... +^_^+

anyway, so there's no info on what's in the Patch? bug fixes, content, etc?+^^_+

Sizustar
Sep 5, 2012, 12:28 AM

anyway, so there's no info on what's in the Patch? bug fixes, content, etc?+^^_+

Sega haven't announced what's changed in this update.
If any, it'll be here, after server up.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=368

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 5, 2012, 12:49 AM

Oh, so the english patch is also 6100 miles away? +^_^+

Sure I'll play with you, but I haven't seen you in-game yet +^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Sep 5, 2012, 12:53 AM
Oh, so the english patch is also 6100 miles away? +^_^+

Sure I'll play with you, but I haven't seen you in-game yet +^_^+

no, but the Japanese language that overwrites it during patches is+^_^+

jooozek
Sep 5, 2012, 01:17 AM
The server is back up.

Takatsuki
Sep 5, 2012, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know if the previous English patch version still works?

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 5, 2012, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know if the previous English patch version still works?

sure does

Inazuma
Sep 5, 2012, 01:51 AM
The new update video is being shown on the monitors in town. The PSO Opening video has been removed. Unlike before, now all of the videos on the monitors have the same volume levels.

I wish there was a monitor room goods decoration. This is fairly entertaining now. The PSO2 Opening got old fast so I'm glad it's gone.

RocSage
Sep 5, 2012, 02:20 AM
I wish I could log in. It takes a long time to load the intro stuff now and then between the intro stuff and the start screen it freezes. How the heck do they even break things like this?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 5, 2012, 02:35 AM
I wish I could log in. It takes a long time to load the intro stuff now and then between the intro stuff and the start screen it freezes. How the heck do they even break things like this?

This happened alot in PSU, but to give them credit at least this game isn't as bad as XIV.

And there was this one time they finished scheduled maintenance and FORGOT ABOUT THE PATCH FILE! So they had to take the servers down again...

jooozek
Sep 5, 2012, 02:52 AM
Is it just me or is Vader no longer dumb?

Mystil
Sep 5, 2012, 06:44 AM
I'm still using the 08 patch lol.

Possibly, I haven't faced him yet.. They have been doing some ninja fixes/additions too.. I'm sure you noticed there is a chance that banther can spawn after Banshee dies in Forest/Tundra outside of the boss room now.

Takatsuki
Sep 5, 2012, 06:49 AM

I dunno about that. I fought him just a little bit ago and was able to perch myself up on his destroyed rocket launchers and shoot my Launcher at his arms without him moving once.

jooozek
Sep 5, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'm still using the 08 patch lol.

Possibly, I haven't faced him yet.. They have been doing some ninja fixes/additions too.. I'm sure you noticed there is a chance that banther can spawn after Banshee dies in Forest/Tundra outside of the boss room now.

Yeah, it has happened to me yesterday. (http://sadpanda.us/images/1193735-SV7B021.png)