PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Server Shutdown Livestream Starting Thursday

Syonu
Sep 5, 2012, 02:16 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/NuclearRadiation/PSULivestreamBanner.png
(http://www.twitch.tv/nukelaser)

The Event
The Xbox 360 servers for Phantasy Star Universe will be going down for the last time Thursday night, September 6th, 2012.

The Time
The stream is set to go live at 5PM Pacific time on Thursday, September 6th. Click the banner above to go to my Twitch.tv channel.

The Purpose
I first started playing this game back in 2006, about a week after it was released. Since then, it has been my most played game of all time, having logged in 2,319 hours on my main character. I have a lot of fond memories playing this game, and met some of the greatest people I know while playing, and we have all been friends now for over 5 years.

While I have not played the game since early 2010, when I heard the servers were being shut down for good, I decided to pay the monthly dues one more time to see the game off properly (and to get my last achievement, since Dark Falz 2 wasn't released when I stopped playing). I was originally going to stream the final hours of the server for a few friends since they do not play anymore, but I figured there might be some folks out there who might be interested in this one last hurrah.

What I ask from you!
Either tune in to my stream channel to watch as the online world of Gurhal comes to a close, or log in to the game yourself and lets do some runs together! It is literally now or never.

I will record and upload the final hour to Youtube for anyone who misses out.

HIT0SHI
Sep 5, 2012, 08:29 AM
Count me in!

I'll be in the game itself as a blue HUcast.
Both my Gamertag and character name is "HIT0SHI" (with a zero).

Syonu
Sep 5, 2012, 07:48 PM
I look forward to seeing you there!

LarienTiwele
Sep 6, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'll join for it, I suppose.

Gamertag:
Minami Kanaye

Characters:
Asrai (Beast F)
Mikan (Cast F)
Larien (Newman F)
Naomi (Human F)
most of above characters are in a Yukata, Larien being in a Mikuna's set.

Syonu
Sep 6, 2012, 05:54 PM
Stream begins in 1 hour!

EvilMag
Sep 6, 2012, 05:58 PM
Will you give shoutouts to anyone who request any in stream chat?

LarienTiwele
Sep 6, 2012, 06:23 PM
Well, I'll be there, assuming Sega manages to fix their whole last day "Connect to server fail" error xD...

FirefoxKyuubi
Sep 6, 2012, 06:50 PM
It ended for me. after I gotten an Email. kicked me right off Server. oh well no last moments for me. Gonna miss this game :(

Syonu
Sep 6, 2012, 07:03 PM
Stream is up now.

AnonymousHat00
Sep 6, 2012, 11:29 PM
it makes me sad that i was one of the people that got hit by the expired license thing and didnt got to participate in this or the last hours of the game that basically stated my xbox live experience.

hopefully i will maybe pop up in there before the server timed out and doomed me from getting back on.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 7, 2012, 01:04 AM
thanks for the great video stream the quality wasn't the best but I'm glad I got to at least watch a game I put so many hours into die in peace(mostly)

RubyEclipse
Sep 7, 2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks for being there at the end, everyone. :) Be it in spirit or with your character.

Here's to a great set of years in PSU - and to new adventures to come.

EvilMag
Sep 7, 2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks for being there at the end, everyone. :) Be it in spirit or with your character.

Here's to a great set of years in PSU - and to new adventures to come.

Ruby you need to add me on Steam! D:

HIT0SHI
Sep 7, 2012, 01:23 AM
Nice steam! <D

Glad to had been part of it in the final moments with you all and being able to enjoy every second of it. Good bye PSU, you will be missed! :wacko:

MoonlightMyau
Sep 7, 2012, 01:23 AM
Thank you so much for the stream! Like many, I was hit with an error and couldn't log on to the actual game. But being able to watch & share the last couple of hours with a group of really nice people made up for it.

Mike
Sep 7, 2012, 01:26 AM
So it's over then. I was able to watch the stream for an hour or so but couldn't catch the end.

Syonu
Sep 7, 2012, 01:58 AM
thanks for the great video stream the quality wasn't the best but I'm glad I got to at least watch a game I put so many hours into die in peace(mostly)

My capture card only captures in SD, so the quality of the capture really bothers me, but I'm working with all I have for the moment. Would have been much better if I could capture in HD.

@ Everyone else: Thanks for tuning in to the stream. It was a lot of fun getting to meet and chatting with everyone who was present. The viewer count skyrocketed in the last hour there. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and encouraging words. The clock striking 11pm was a very emotional moment for most of us, and I'm glad I got to share it with such an awesome group of people.

All 6 hours of the footage I recorded is saved on my computer, and I will be working on making a tribute video or two dedicated PSU's memory, as well as chronicling the final six hours of the game. Be on the look out for that in the next few days.

ZER0 DX
Sep 7, 2012, 02:08 AM
Had a great time while it lasted and was glad to be part of that airboard racing competition. Wouldn't be a proper PSU sendoff without one last trek around the desert. Hitoshi stole the show in the first race but I quickly reclaimed my title in the second round haha. Seriously though PSU should have had more airboard race courses, it's more fun than it should be. Kinda wish we had time to run a mission or two just for the heck of it but I had fun hanging around the falz memorial and taking in all the varied emotional responses some people had. Was great seeing the final banners from the GM's as well and they were rather touching.

Now I have to prepare myself for the JP closure in 20 days. Never thought I'd see this game get shut down on 3 separate occasions. It will truly be a sad day when Phantasy Star Universe is gone for good. For now I'm gonna enjoy what time I have left before reinvesting back into PSO2. Hopefully I can get fraps working properly so I can take videos of one last journey across Gurhal.