PDA

View Full Version : Longest MPA you've been in?

Sephirah
Sep 6, 2012, 12:48 PM
So I joined an MPA for FC or "Skyland" sometime between 7-8pm yesterday that I did not leave until between 2-3am. The scary part was, it was still going on strong when I left lol. After 7 hours I just had to take a break. :P

Wayu
Sep 6, 2012, 12:51 PM
Longest I've been in was an entire 500 Emergency Mission. Got to the MPA at about 18 minutes, got 6 ONE MORES with x4 CROSS BURST.

Too much loot dropped that day. And not a single rare. D:

Oops I somehow read longest PSE. xD

Longest MPA...no clue, maybe a couple hours of Continent at best.

-Wayu

Jakosifer
Sep 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah about 7 hours give or take, with a group coordinated Team MPA. Wasn't fun, but we all made a lot of money, got a lot of affixing done. And then sat in the field for another hour dicking around.

Mystil
Sep 6, 2012, 01:04 PM
Everyday for 6-7hours.

Err the longest MPA I've been that maintained a 12 person group was 3hours.

jooozek
Sep 6, 2012, 01:35 PM
4 hours I think and that was when the servers were filled and everyone was rushing to level cap. Now it's pretty bad, even city runs are bad for most (people split up, no one takes initiative, language barrier). Few days ago I've started an MPA for Caves and I was taking my sweet time going to the 2nd area and a group of players ran past me and then around center of the map the crystals emergency trial launched so they go to defending them, we managed to clear it and holy crap, can you imagine? They went straight after that to the second area totally ignoring the massive PSE boost. I don't know just what were they doing but ditching a chance for a massive crossburst is to me unimaginable.

Yunfa
Sep 6, 2012, 01:38 PM
My girlfriend and I went straight 11 hours on a weekend into almost 7am hunting, at the end, we each got a Tarnarda; mine sold for 3.5mill hers sold for 4.5mill instantly.

Crimson Exile
Sep 6, 2012, 02:21 PM
5 Hours in Caves like 3-4 rares around 900k.

Zorafim
Sep 6, 2012, 03:09 PM
I could never find any good ones. And when I do, I'm working on a client order or matter board, so I leave as soon as I'm done. I'd have to say, maybe, 2 hours?

They really aren't fun, though. If everyone does things right, it's monotonous. And more likely, if they screw around, it's frustrating. I was really glad once I moved on to mission based client orders and could just use my NPCs instead of relying on luck to find a party.

I think the worst part is how small each server is. You can never find a party doing what you want, unless it's the latest hotspot. I wish the blocks let you check missions on other blocks, though that wouldn't help with english players with a small playing base like ourselves. Maybe I should stop being a douchbag loner and start using that friendlist thing so I can start contributing to the community. But hell, I'm far too selfish to really follow up on even that.

Yunfa
Sep 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
^ Sounds like a completely different gaming experience than what I'm experiencing. Even if I am not party with my awesome team, I tend to find some niiiiiiiiiiiiiice mpa's that sometimes just spawn boss after boss after boss after boss. You'll get left behind if you messed around, thats when you know you've found a good mpa party.

Mystil
Sep 6, 2012, 05:12 PM
They went straight after that to the second area totally ignoring the massive PSE boost. I don't know just what were they doing but ditching a chance for a massive crossburst is to me unimaginable.

~_~...this is a bad omen.

Soultrigger
Sep 6, 2012, 08:21 PM
^ Sounds like a completely different gaming experience than what I'm experiencing. Even if I am not party with my awesome team, I tend to find some niiiiiiiiiiiiiice mpa's that sometimes just spawn boss after boss after boss after boss. You'll get left behind if you messed around, thats when you know you've found a good mpa party.

I remember this one floating islands MPA I was in, there was a ring in the map that seemed to spawned Duels whenever people went there. It was like a Duel, often Change Over Duel every 15 minutes for hours. Eventually everyone left (probably from getting tired of so many Duels) so I was finally able to call it quits too.

methaniel
Sep 6, 2012, 11:44 PM
I haven't stayed past 4 hours or such (as a break and to put some souls and eventually rares in the shop), though I sometimes come back 15 minutes later if there is still one seat left. I'm not on the lucky side of the rare though, so well...
And I'm jealous of those that had such long PSE Burst, I still haven't got the "achievement"/title for doing up to 4 One More, despite tons of Cross Burst and such (always stopping at the 3rd one)

MelancholyWitch
Sep 7, 2012, 12:19 AM
12 hours+ in mines, got me lots and lots of meseta, ah those farm groups were the days.

darkante
Sep 7, 2012, 01:11 AM
6 hours when i had more time on my hand.
Usually they get bored before i do.

youcantcatchtheblue
Sep 7, 2012, 04:54 AM
I wish I had seven hours straight that I could devote to PSO2 (T_T)

Mystil
Sep 7, 2012, 04:55 AM
The only joy to working the night shift lol. I have the whole day to play.

Gama
Sep 7, 2012, 08:45 AM
3 hours... then well restart everything for a new map. i get bored fast.

Stormwalker
Sep 7, 2012, 10:38 AM
Longest extended Multi Party I've been involved in was about two and a half hours in Desert Free Exploration-Hard.

I find Multi Party is fun sometimes, but also kinda tiring. The fun ones are the ones that are a little bit relaxed; people talk, sometimes you can pause a little bit without everyone running off and leaving you behind. The more laid back a multi party is, the more likely I am to hang around for an extended period of time.

When people are in super grind mode and they never stop or say anything, I usually stay just long enough to finish whatever client order I'm working on and then pop a telepipe or head for the boss the next time we run by the exit.

Emergency quests are also fun... you get a quick intense 20-minute burst (less if it's Urban Mop-Up), a little pause, then repeat, until the hour is up, and then it's over.

Zeke154
Sep 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
Longest 12 person MPA i have been in was for 18 hours, before the floating islands update. it was me and 3 of my japanese penpals and the other 8 players were members of their guild, we spent that whole time grinding in free caves for adirou(9* sword) and other rares. We had over 70 emergency codes and 6 Cross bursts during the whole time, and by the end of it 5 of us got adirou and everyone had at least 3, 8* or higher rares. That was the best MPA i have ever had in this game

darkante
Sep 7, 2012, 01:57 PM
18 hours? Jesus..

Slidikins
Sep 7, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think the worst part is how small each server is. You can never find a party doing what you want, unless it's the latest hotspot. I wish the blocks let you check missions on other blocks, though that wouldn't help with english players with a small playing base like ourselves. Maybe I should stop being a douchbag loner and start using that friendlist thing so I can start contributing to the community. But hell, I'm far too selfish to really follow up on even that.The blocks have been renamed to reflect different areas. For example, if you want a good MPA for Hard Volcanic Caves, go to B-11. I assure you all of the JP players (and some English, if they're smart) are there grinding it out.

Aegea
Sep 7, 2012, 10:28 PM
7 hours was the max I'v done. And if it wasn't for my dual monitor/HDTV setup and using a controller, I would have never tolerated even that much. Netflix/Hulu on one screen while playing in the other really helps with the monotony. A wireless keyboard on hand if it's a chatty group.

Nowadays, if I play, it will be 1-2 hours max. Enough time to clear several COs and maybe 300/300 items. Guild Wars 2 took over my intense grind/farm sessions and at least I feel accomplished at the end in that game since an entire session here can get wiped thanks to the (screwed-up imo) RNG.

ClothoBuer
Sep 8, 2012, 07:29 AM
The only joy to working the night shift lol. I have the whole day to play.

Oh god I can relate to this. Many many days of going without sleep to game, then going into work and downing an energy drink so I don't get fired for sleeping on the job.

Back on topic, I've had a couple 10+ hour Mines trips, back when it was the big grinding spot. Not much luck with rares there, but I made some nice cash. Trying to figure out where it all went though...

Piraya
Sep 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
I think the most time i've spent in an MPA has been about an hour, I get bored pretty quickly. If a boss or something doesnt appear withing the first half hour I usually switch it off! Frustrating to me to see 'EXP FULL'. Gladly my new character/ Premium set has chucked a load of life back in for me :)

FlameOfYagami
Sep 8, 2012, 10:38 AM
Id say about 7-8 hours. The norm for me is about 3-4 hours daily ^-^

I make a lot of dough too ^-^