PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Support group against RMTers/Hackers

Kinujou
Sep 6, 2012, 06:27 PM
I know this is kinda a touchy subject, but after reading the two topics about the vac using bots and how most cannot report due to them using the English patch I wish to propose something, a suggestion if you will.

What if we set up a system through the community, not like a team or anything, but rather volunteers to go around without the English patch on, and if we find RMTers or hackers we would pass the word to them, and they will in turn approach and take screenshots/evidence for the offenders. That way we as a community can provide good reports without the fear of the English patch getting in the way. Anyway this is just a small suggestion that could be worked out and put into effect. The sooner we do this, like before NA comes up and considering if sega of america doesn't drop the ball, the better chances this game will come out without issues like vac.

tl:dr ver: Set up a system to let players who volunteer to go seek out RMTers and hackers to take screenshots/record video know where to find them, to help clean the game of them.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 7, 2012, 04:03 AM
umm, why can't people report due to English patch?? if it's the text in the screen shot you can use M$ pant to black out any text+^_^+ anyway, about a 3rd of the time I'm not using English patch, so if i see RMTs I'll be sure to post their pics on PSOW so a more Moon0rune friendly person can help with submitting a report+^_^+

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 04:05 AM
Blacking out any of the text is subject to suspicion to altering the game's files. Anyway, where do most of these RMTer's show up? I haven't seen any at the times i play.

Mystil
Sep 7, 2012, 04:31 AM
Might get tons of help from the JP, especially if any of them is former FFXI players. They really dont tolerate RMT.

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 04:32 AM
not this again v.v

TenebriS
Sep 7, 2012, 05:23 AM
I wonder, how do you know someone did or does RMT? As far as i know rmt is real money trade and you never know if they use real or game money on that.

Besides that, i dont use english hack so I can help with this if you want.

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 06:00 AM
I wonder, how do you know someone did or does RMT? As far as i know rmt is real money trade and you never know if they use real or game money on that.

I'm going to guess (didn't read the OP) that they'd mostly target those who try to sell stuff, not those who buy it.

Sizustar
Sep 7, 2012, 06:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hYZv1U1aw&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hYZv1U1aw&feature=player_embedded

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 06:25 AM
RMT = Real Money Trade

IzzyData
Sep 7, 2012, 06:28 AM
I have 700 hours of gameplay and I wouldn't even be worried about reporting people while using the english mod. I've never seen anyone though.

jooozek
Sep 7, 2012, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hYZv1U1aw&feature=player_embedded

So they can control bosses? Good to know.

Meena09
Sep 7, 2012, 09:28 AM
I know this is kinda a touchy subject, but after reading the two topics about the vac using bots and how most cannot report due to them using the English patch I wish to propose something, a suggestion if you will.

What if we set up a system through the community, not like a team or anything, but rather volunteers to go around without the English patch on, and if we find RMTers or hackers we would pass the word to them, and they will in turn approach and take screenshots/evidence for the offenders. That way we as a community can provide good reports without the fear of the English patch getting in the way. Anyway this is just a small suggestion that could be worked out and put into effect. The sooner we do this, like before NA comes up and considering if sega of america doesn't drop the ball, the better chances this game will come out without issues like vac.

tl:dr ver: Set up a system to let players who volunteer to go seek out RMTers and hackers to take screenshots/record video know where to find them, to help clean the game of them.

Organizing a PSO neighborhood watch? you should that you'd be making yourself a target for hackers, but I assume you believe it's worth the risks. Though it may alter Sakai's opinion, Americans turning in hackers.

Cyrusnagisa
Sep 7, 2012, 03:11 PM
The OP is suggesting nothing short of a witch hunt, and those never end well, leave it alone, report the ones you see yourself, Sega is not going to ban you for using the English patch.

anubispso2
Sep 7, 2012, 04:26 PM
why risk getting your account hacked or compromised over stuff that doesn't really effect you.

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
*hands over STARS badges* I think you might want to wash them though before use... think there is still remains of the last group who tried this on them.

Kinujou
Sep 8, 2012, 01:36 AM
Alright Alright....after reading what everyone has to say its obvious that doing something like this will not work nor will it help. With that being said the topic really serves no purpose and i would like to request tit locked/trashed/whatever happens to non needed topics.

Thank you for sharing your views with me.

FlameOfYagami
Sep 8, 2012, 01:57 AM
It will work when you stop breaking the game's rules by using the english patch ^^