PDA

View Full Version : Air Gunning. How to skyrocket your damage

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 06:42 PM
edit: people were misunderstanding and confused. going to remake thread with a more thorough explanation and videos. discussion in thread was derailed, hope a mod can lock this.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 06:46 PM
What? D:

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
What? D:

This isn't a chat room for you post these short replies. Be more informative, what is it you're unsure about... Tell me so i can answer your question.

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'm fairly certain plenty of people know of this. Hell, I found out by accident when I was spamming my launcher in an emergency mission, by pulling off 5 shots with it.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm fairly certain plenty of people know of this. Hell, I found out by accident when I was spamming my launcher in an emergency mission, by pulling off 5 shots with it.

Well my information is also for those that did not know you can do 7 (i'm pretty sure 8 is possible but i don't use macro's). So if anyone can actually make a good macro i THINK 8 might be possible... Which is 2-3 shots more than you knew. And thats 200-300% in my terms.

I'm just trying to learn the timing for 6 shots atleast since i'm a PS3 controller but those who can use macro's will have an easier time doing this.

Edit: also if someone can tell me how to get fraps working with pso2 AGAIN i'd be more than happy to post a video of it

lagnarok
Sep 7, 2012, 07:05 PM
This has been already refered by a lot of posts as far as I know.
But I don't think people called it "air gunning"
And to make better argument, you should be considering time instead of 1 combo. (DPS)
The time it takes to do 7 shots from the air is a lot longer than just 3 shots on the ground.
So it won't be even close to double damage doing jumping shots DPS wise.

But jumping shot is a lot better with launcher as you stated.
(Less hits from enemies, better shot angles, etc)

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 07:08 PM
This has been already refered by a lot of posts as far as I know.
But I don't think people called it "air gunning"
And to make better argument, you should be considering time instead of 1 combo. (DPS)
The time it takes to do 7 shots from the air is a lot longer than just 3 shots on the ground.
So it won't be even close to double damage doing jumping shots DPS wise.

But jumping shot is a lot better with launcher as you stated.
(Less hits from enemies, better shot angles, etc)

I'm calling it 'Air Gunning' for reference. And it has NOT be refered to by a lot of people, you're mistakening it for 3-4 shots in the air. I'm talking about double that amount. No one has talked about this yet.

As for DPS, the 7 shots have no delay where on the ground you have a huge delay after every 3 shots. So doing the 7-8 shots in the air will destroy the ground gunning in terms of DPS. I don't even need to put a comparison out there it's so obvious. But i will if enough people question it and when my damn fraps works with pso2.

Slidikins
Sep 7, 2012, 07:13 PM

I wasn't aware that people used guns on the ground. From Open Beta on every ranger i've seen jumped before shooting unless using a rifle for a quick shot or something.

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
I wasn't aware that people used guns on the ground. From Open Beta on every ranger i've seen jumped before shooting unless using a rifle for a quick shot or something.

Same, I have yet to see a Launcher user shoot without jumping first. Even as a Force, I almost always jump before shooting with a Gunblade, to recover PP in a second.

IzzyData
Sep 7, 2012, 07:19 PM
Didn't know this was a "thing". Figured people just attacked this way to begin with whenever it was convenient.

Stormwalker
Sep 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
I didn't know about this, actually. But I don't play much Ranger, only mess around with it a little bit.

That said, if it works for gunslashes it will be useful on my hunter when I am trying to break stuff on bosses before I rush in.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 07:36 PM
Same, I have yet to see a Launcher user shoot without jumping first. Even as a Force, I almost always jump before shooting with a Gunblade, to recover PP in a second.

Didn't know this was a "thing". Figured people just attacked this way to begin with whenever it was convenient.

people seem to misunderstand this post. wait for the video and it will explain everything..

HFlowen
Sep 7, 2012, 07:42 PM
I assume he's talking about skipping the mid air reload by using a PA on the third shot which lets you stay in the air longer.

Shot > Shot > PA > Shot > Shot, etc.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 07:43 PM
This isn't a chat room for you post these short replies. Be more informative, what is it you're unsure about... Tell me so i can answer your question.

I'm sorry I didn't take your videogame mechanic discovery so seriously, let me rephrase my "What."

Do tell, how is attacking in the air more beneficial for your DPS. and what make's your discovery more complicated than the common sense that combos are slightly faster in the air, that an entire thread was made for the discussion of it? Or next time just make the video first, doesn't look like anyone else was in a rush to discover this before you. So yes, you get a "What."

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
I assume he's talking about skipping the mid air reload by using a PA on the third shot which lets you stay in the air longer.

Shot > Shot > PA > Shot > Shot, etc.

The reload is skipped automatically in the air for Gunblade and Launcher, and PAs don't seem to stop rifles from reloading after 3 normal attacks.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry I didn't take your videogame mechanic discovery so seriously, let me rephrase my "What."

Do tell, how is attacking in the air more beneficial for your DPS. and what make's your discovery more complicated than the common sense that combos are slightly faster in the air, that an entire thread was made for the discussion of it? Or next time just make the video first, doesn't look like anyone else was in a rush to discover this before you. So yes, you get a "What."

enjoy your ignorance is all i've got to say to this second meaningless post of yours.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 08:04 PM
enjoy your ignorance is all i've got to say to this second meaningless post of yours.

I asked the question "properly" like you wanted. D:

Enjoy being uptight, though. -_^

HFlowen
Sep 7, 2012, 08:07 PM
The reload is skipped automatically in the air for Gunblade and Launcher, and PAs don't seem to stop rifles from reloading after 3 normal attacks.

Just did it, launchers don't have a mid air reload. I really haven't played ranger in a while. It does work for rifles though, you can stay in the air for quite a while with that method.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 08:07 PM
I asked the question "properly" like you wanted. D:

Enjoy being uptight, though. -_^

You've really derailed the thread. I'm going to ask a mod to lock this and i'm going to remake the thread with a more thorough explanation and videos for dummies *cough*

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 08:09 PM
You've really derailed the thread. I'm going to ask a mod to lock this and i'm going to remake the thread with a more thorough explanation and videos for dummies *cough*

Well you're helping me derail it by being all defensive towards a "dummie." D:

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 08:09 PM
Point is, people already found jumping and shooting to be effective than standing and reloading after a combo. In terms of timing, standing takes up more time as after the third shot will always go to the reload animation on the ground.

Your "discovery" has been mostly known and wasn't needed to justify why it's effective when we can all experienced it when you use the gunslash in combat. In terms of damage, the damage from the fourth and fifth shot from a launcher is about as long as the launchers reload animation. So already it's already more adequate, the extra two to three shots is really unneeded at that point.

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 08:10 PM
Point is, people already found jumping and shooting to be effective than standing and reloading after a combo. In terms of timing, standing takes up more time as after the third shot will always go to the reload animation on the ground.

Your "discovery" has been mostly known and wasn't needed to justify why it's effective when we can all experienced it when you use the gunslash in combat. In terms of damage, the damage from the fourth and fifth shot from a launcher is about as long as the launchers reload animation. So already it's already more adequate, the extra two to three shots is really unneeded at that point.

But nobody has specifically said how many shots they've made while in the air!!!!!1

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 08:10 PM
He did in the op.

Edit: Looks like he raged and edited it out.

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 08:11 PM
And doesn't it make this topic groundbreaking?

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
Not really when it's rather common knowledge.

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 08:14 PM
Don't be hatin'.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 08:15 PM
Blace...

Update your Sarcasm System. D:

Jonth
Sep 7, 2012, 08:16 PM

Dude... You're blowing this way out of proportion. He made three sarcastic remarks, that nowhere near derailed the thread. Look at all the other posts, people are still continuing on with discussing the main topic. There is no need for a mod to lock this thread. Just edit your first post with the more thorough explanation and Video.

Seriously though, thanks for making this thread. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about this trick. I'm not a Ranger, but I occasionally use my Gunslash to recharge PP as a Force. This should make the process a lot faster.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 08:22 PM
Dude... You're blowing this way out of proportion. He made three sarcastic remarks, that nowhere near derailed the thread. Look at all the other posts, people are still continuing on with discussing the main topic. There is no need for a mod to lock this thread. Just edit your first post with the more thorough explanation and Video.

Seriously though, thanks for making this thread. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about this trick. I'm not a Ranger, but I occasionally use my Gunslash to recharge PP as a Force. This should make the process a lot faster.

no its not that, it's just from the start of the thread people have been misunderstanding my points and it is my fault for not explaining it well enough. i'm currently editing the videos together and writing up a proper explanation. maybe by tommorow it'll be done. i posted this thread way too early.

Lostbob117
Sep 7, 2012, 08:27 PM
This is where this thread belongs btw. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 08:34 PM
This is where this thread belongs btw. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)

no it does not, it's not a guide its just information. i'm not teaching people how to play

Lostbob117
Sep 7, 2012, 08:37 PM
no it does not, it's not a guide its just information. i'm not teaching people how to play

Do you read forum descriptions?

"In-depth PSO2 gameplay discussions and repository for user guides/walk-throughs"

blace
Sep 7, 2012, 08:45 PM
Before you deemed this thread had derailed, you had and explanation on how to do it, that is what a guide basically is.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 09:10 PM
Before you deemed this thread had derailed, you had and explanation on how to do it, that is what a guide basically is.

no i did not. i simply stated the math. anyway last post in this thread.

NoiseHERO
Sep 7, 2012, 09:19 PM
You know, that section isn't JUST for guides... Whatever you wanna call this thread.

You already said you shouldn't have made this thread to begin with, currently being unable to explain your little "trick" properly. (What your's truly used to justify his "What.")

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
What's he trying to explain anyway, how to jump and shoot?

HFlowen
Sep 7, 2012, 09:58 PM
What's he trying to explain anyway, how to jump and shoot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-nm7qjAUGE