PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 timeline

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 07:49 PM
I'm putting together a timeline for PSO2 and I've come across something...
Would you prefer I indicate each and every time and tell what happens
OR
Would you prefer I mark Ch0, Ch1.1, Ch1.2, etc and for Event tablets ET Name

While the former is more informational to a degree. The latter serves brevity and is more easily referenceable to the game. Also some scene don't have names, like Lobby Matter Board Events.

I could always go with a combination of the two, but then brevity is thrown out... and it might look like even more of a mess than it is going to anyways...

I just noticed something. I don't know if it holds up but if I'm right the "story" orbs on the matter boards are the events that no longer exist in the timeline due to your tampering.

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 10:35 PM
This timeline has got me thinking, If we assume everything else plays out the same outside of story quests and the story orbs then something is clearly wrong with chapter 1 due to Matoi.

Path 1 = Matoi is dead.
Path 2 = You save her
Path 3 = You don't save her but she is alive and has the same connection.

What if she simply has the connection to you, which should be the case given she reached out to you to begin with so that part is solved. So the question is how did she survive?

In the first pass through what we have is Zeno, Echo, Matoi, Mask, John, Leda, and some other in Naberius. Zeno and Echo save you and Affin, but clearly didn't take out the darkers you ran from. Matoi, John, and leda were all in the same area, all close enough to see Matoi fall. Mask is looking for Matoi. Matoi dies or is captured and due to all the chaos and darkers John and Leda run away.

John and Leda could probably have taken on those pitiful amount of darkers, so what happened?

It struck me. The reason John and Leda had to flee is too many darkers and perhaps too powerful of darkers.

During that first pass you leave behind 10-20 darkers and a Mask who is coming from the opposite side hunting matoi. When you go straight those darkers all go to the right and attack Matoi, Leda, and John forcing them to retreat.

When you go Right, Zeno doesn't need your help and takes out those enemies fine. You also meet him later in the week/day so him not knowing who are is solved there.You also had to take out the Darkers that would have surrounded Matoi and caused John and Leda to retreat when you go right.

When you go left, Again, Zeno is fine, but also Matoi is fine because before you go left you take out one group of Darkers allowing John and Leda to rescue Matoi... along with you finding Mask and blocking his way which also helps them save Matoi by not allowing the darkers attacking Matoi to get backup.

So there we have it, that's how those events are changed but not.

Rika-chan
Sep 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
Could you shorten/summarize that? ^^;

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 11:31 PM
Could you shorten/summarize that? ^^;

Basically. That point where you go straight, left, or right changes how things turn out by changing the number of darkers in the area.

Going straight leaves a path straight to Matoi, John, and Leda.
Matoi falls, John and Leda retreat due to too many darkers

Going right results in you saving Matoi and dealing with the ambush darkers Leda and john would have had to. Zeno handles the darkers to the north alone.

Going left results in you dealing with one set of ambush darkers and postponing mask.
John and Leda are then able to handle the darkers. Zeno handles the darkers to the north alone.

Because you defeat those enemies that you didn't during the first pass John and Leda are able to save Matoi where as before they couldn't due to overwhelming numbers.

Another thing I've thought about... the events on the matter board... you're not time traveling to see them, but rather you are being shown events out of order either to build the story, something like memories being revealed as you get a piece of the puzzle, or they are doing it just for the hell of doing it. There is no reason for the non-story orbs to be out of order more or less other than to mess with you.

on matter board 2 for example Tia and Patty tell you who they are, info brokers, in B-1, not a "story orb" but this explains why in B-4 which happens chronologically after B-1 they have information. One the other hand Xeno and Echo's stuff is random and for no apparent reason. The last orb you get takes place on 2/20 but if we take that you travel back at 10, there is no time for you to see Mask and if you did you'd be in the mission...further there is no time for you to go find him as you have matoi with you until after you whichmeans you've left the planet and come back which means you're on another mission which means and it just so happens that he is seen on another mission, thus it only really fits if it happens after and it wouldn't make sense to send someone back in time just to see that or to chat with friends.

RocSage
Sep 7, 2012, 11:59 PM
Hrmmm i might be wrong with the time travel thing i mentioned secondly because i just reread Tia and Patty's stuff

It goes 22. 21. 23... I think they put the wrong date on them because the one that happens on the 22nd happens first since the 1 on the 21st references back to it. Either that or the translation is bad or there is something going with those two.

RocSage
Sep 8, 2012, 01:12 PM
Here is what I've got so far... This only encompasses the up to the beginning of Chapter 1.2
Red means it gets deleted by the next timeline
Blue means events in the future timeline didn't happen at this time or something like that.
http://crushing-utopia.com/PSO2/PSO2_Timeline.jpg

Omega-z
Sep 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
RocSage - I would say this, path 1 she's taken by the Darker's/Masked Man since they where looking for her....not sure if she died....but could be.

Path 2 - you find her Before the Darker's/Masked Man can and take her back to patch her up.

Path 3 - you stop the searching Darker's and Masked Man and a group of fellow Arks find her and take her back, and she notice's that you've seen her attacker most likely. - Her memories are a little bit better too.

It seem's to progress nicely Thoughts?

Ah....D-ARKs...?...Duman/Darker's.....?lol

RocSage
Sep 8, 2012, 01:49 PM
RocSage - I would say this, path 1 she's taken by the Darker's/Masked Man since they where looking for her....not sure if she died....but could be.

Path 2 - you find her Before the Darker's/Masked Man can and take her back to patch her up.

Path 3 - you stop the searching Darker's and Masked Man and a group of fellow Arks find her and take her back, and she notice's that you've seen her attacker most likely. - Her memories are a little bit better too.

It seem's to progress nicely Thoughts?

Ah....D-ARKs...?...Duman/Darker's.....?lol

Leda and John say they saw a girl tat they couldn't help. They both sound like they are implying she died or is dead, or that they think she is most likely dead. We know they are in the area and we know that she is saved if you eliminate those Darkers at the crossroads. We also know where Mask Man is at the same time you would have saved her.

So Path 2 when you reach her John and Leda are in the area fighting Darkers and just haven't beat them yet... which interestingly enough in Path3 at the same time you would have saved her, the girl says it is all clear, meaning that darkers were defeated at about the same time... so John and Leda are over whelmed in Path 1 due to you leaving the darkers out there. In Path 2 you pretty much just clean up the final enemies John and Leda haven't got to yet and in Path 3 John and Leda clear the area, saving Matoi.

Another interesting thing is the fact that she calls for help before the darkers appear in the timeline and not the first timeline this either means she fell over by the time you arrived or she was running away and was calling for help then.

Another few facts...
You are linked to Masked Man too apparently in some way if you didn't notice cuz you hear him just as well as Matoi.

What I'd like to know, why was there such a huge gap in time between the end of Path2 and getting back to Oracle. From the previous timeline we know it takes 30 mins. in Path 2 it takes 3 hours. That's strange.

I'm pretty sure that should be D-ARKS right there, but I'm not positive. What is actually said is "Dangerous ARKS" which either refers to Masked Man or Gettemhalt or both.

Omega-z
Sep 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah What I was thinking. Why she might not off yelled for help could be that she was knocked out before you get there and the area was to filled with Darker's for the two to get to her sounds right. The gaps could be the effect's of going back in time? perhaps. 30 mins first time, 3 hrs. the second .....3 days or 3 week next time?...So making it harder to go back each time the father you are to the event?

RocSage
Sep 8, 2012, 02:22 PM
The gaps could be the effect's of going back in time? perhaps. 30 mins first time, 3 hrs. the second .....3 days or 3 week next time?...So making it harder to go back each time the father you are to the event?

You're mistaking what I'm saying...

We know it takes 30 mins or less to go from Naberius to Oracl because the first time we see this happen this is the difference we are given between the start of the last scene on Naberius and the scene on Oracl

In the Second timeline, after you save Matoi the time between the last scene on Naberius and the scene on Oracl is 3 hours. This means that there is a 2.5 hour gap.
This could be explained a number of ways like Echo and Zeno's ship is able to go directly home in the first timeline while the ship you're in in the second is part of a larger group and you needed to meet up and wait before flying to Oracl. It is also possible they had a medic in the ship that didn't want to jump till Matoi was stable or something like that.

Gama
Sep 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
i went right. and i saved the lil gurl

RocSage
Sep 8, 2012, 03:55 PM
Now go left! It is the right thing to do!

RocSage
Sep 8, 2012, 07:23 PM
ugh... I just realized something else...
All the times are not correct for the story missions. They seem to reflect the latter mission rather than the former.... that's kinda annoying.

Megha
Sep 8, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hmm interesting.

RocSage
Sep 9, 2012, 06:38 AM
Hmm interesting.

yup, I discovered this with Ch.2. The story doesn't send you back in time, but rather the same area. Rojio's first mission takes place on 2/21, but the mission says it takes place 3/2, however the second part says "the other day" and takes place on 2/22. This means it is impossible for the first time you're there to be on 3/2 and has to be on 2/21

This also somewhat explains the meeting with Tia and Patty. The first time you meet them and tell you to come talk to them in the Lobby is on 2/22, but when you go to meet them is 2/21. This means either the date is wrong OR people somehow retain the memories of the previous timeline.