PDA

View Full Version : Logging in from a different computer

PepperCat
Sep 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
Hello All,

Stuck at work, waiting for revision notes before I burn the midnight oil.

Currently downloading the patch but if I log into PSO2 from my work system (different IP) will the banhammer drop or will I just have to type some kind of code in?

Thanks and seeya online.

- Pep.

BIG OLAF
Sep 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
They send you a code in your E-mail.

Ezodagrom
Sep 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
You'll just have to type a code that you receive in your email address.

PepperCat
Sep 7, 2012, 10:00 PM
Via copy-pasta? Thanks for the quick replies! :D

... Just over 50% PATCH DAMM YOU!!!

Ana-Chan
Sep 7, 2012, 11:16 PM
Remember that this game isn't fixed to a specific IP address. Since not all ISPs provide static IP addresses, then it is possible that people will naturally connect from multiple IP addresses, just by simply restarting their broadband modem.

The system's IP address doesn't have any bearing in how the client identifies a system. The game even boasts netcafe stuff, and you are guaranteed to be using a different public IP address in this situation. So no, the game doesn't even care about your IP address for identification.

What it does is gets a list of the hardware on your system and takes a hash of it. So unless your work system matches your home system exactly, then it will be detected as a different system. But as you can guess from that, it is possible for the game to think you are using a different system just by changing a bit of hardware. I've had it happen by just installing a VM (the virtual drivers changed things) and by upgrading my graphics adaptor.