PDA

View Full Version : 700 AC fee for Ship transferring — Opinions?

Bunansa
Sep 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
Source (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ship-transfer/)

I think this is a more better option, because I wouldn't want my friends randomly switching over to Ships all the time for free... instead, you have to pay 700 AC, which would make them change their minds less frequently... LOL

In other words, I don't mind the fee. It's only 700 AC, I mean... Scape Dolls are 150 AC, ridiculous.

Rika-chan
Sep 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
Well, I think maybe they should make it so it's only 700 AC to have the ability to switch, rather than every time you switch you pay 700

pikachief
Sep 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
Well since ship transferring is mostly there due to the fact that people couldn't originally pick the ship they wanted due to the lock-outs, and since it is much cheaper than other game's transfers (WoW is like $25 isn't it?) I think it's a very fair price.

Why would you be transferring all the time? It's only meant to be used once.

Jakosifer
Sep 8, 2012, 01:12 PM
So glad I have zero reason to do this.

jooozek
Sep 8, 2012, 01:34 PM
It's as you say OP, it's only 700AC and the benefit is huge if you ever considered switching to your friends ship and wanting to not lose progress.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 8, 2012, 02:55 PM
As I've said for all of the other things Sega has priced, it's a bit on the excessive side, but it's not as unfairly priced as their other AC stuff, so I'll let it pass. I wish it was the same cost as creating a character - 700 AC is way too much.

I'm thinking of visiting Ship 4 to see what's going on there.

Alenoir
Sep 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds fair enough. I really like how this whole thing can be done by the user themselves and SEGA doesn't need to be involved. Taking a week to even get an approval to move your character to another server then another few days for it to actually happen is pretty meh. =\

TaigaUC
Sep 8, 2012, 09:22 PM
I think because people were forced to choose a ship due to overpopulation and SEGA blocking new creations, SEGA should give 1 free move to everyone who created a character during that time.

It's not really fair that they were forced to be separate from their friends and now have to pay to get back with them.
Honestly makes me wonder if they thought ahead and did it this way on purpose.

Quatre52
Sep 8, 2012, 10:33 PM
I think because people were forced to choose a ship due to overpopulation and SEGA blocking new creations, SEGA should give 1 free move to everyone who created a character during that time.

It's not really fair that they were forced to be separate from their friends and now have to pay to get back with them.

Some people are never happy....

You realize they could simply not give the option at all, leave them where they are. Be thankful theres an ability to change ships coming...

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
...It's a lot better than WoW's prices for character transfers.

IzzyData
Sep 9, 2012, 03:27 AM

It was a legitimate complaint. People don't "have" to be thankful. I just don't plan on using this service.

TaigaUC
Sep 9, 2012, 04:07 AM

You realize they could simply not give the option at all, leave them where they are. Be thankful theres an ability to change ships coming...

I strongly disagree with your "be happy with what you get" response. You're dismissing legitimate concerns by throwing them into the same group as "greedy whining". It's not the same thing.

The option to transfer doesn't affect me at all. I'm not complaining on my behalf. The only reason they're offering the transfer is because so many people are unhappy about how they were forced onto other servers against their will. I don't think it's fair to charge them money to rectify a problem that SEGA forced them to have, and that others were simply lucky to avoid.

If I was in SEGA's position, I wouldn't have forced people onto other servers to begin with, because I've seen the exact same situation occur before in many other games. If I did force them, I'd take responsibility for it and offer a free transfer to those people. It would definitely please them and regain their trust. Is this not a reasonable course of action?

I'm willing to bet that Valve would do the same thing I described, because they understand how to keep customers happy. They've stated in interviews that they end up making a lot more money in the long run by extending offers and discounts to their customers. Would it really hurt SEGA to give a single free transfer to each displaced individual? I think not.

Edit: The fact that they didn't even consider that anyone would ever want to transfer ships (despite virtually every other game having that service), proves that they dropped the ball. Had the service been available from the beginning, they could have let people make free ship transfers to balance the servers out. Locking people to one character in total compounded that problem. If it's a mistake on their part, they shouldn't be charging customers to fix it.

Sure, they could just not offer the transfer service at all... and end up alienating their customers even further. Have you seen the Japanese reviews the game is getting? Alienating their customers even further is the last thing they'd want to do at this point.

Edit2: One more thing... it sounds like you believe that "customers/consumers should shut up and appreciate that any service is offered to them". Is that how you do business? They're trying to SELL us their service. It's in their best interests to maintain a healthy relationship with their customers. Without their customers, they have nothing and their business would go belly up. It's a two way thing. It doesn't work if one side ignores the other. That's why they're giving us the chance to voice our concerns via their player surveys. If they saw things your way, they'd just tell us to shut up and enjoy the game how they intended it. But they don't do that, because their customers would vanish pretty quick if they did.

It was a legitimate complaint. People don't "have" to be thankful. I just don't plan on using this service.

Thanks for helping to point that out.

Sizustar
Sep 9, 2012, 04:50 AM

Interesting idea, and it makes sense.
As it should only apply to act made during the server lock down.
I'll write it into the blog, ad we'll see if Sakai respond to it.
Other people should also write it to Sakai in his blog.

TaigaUC
Sep 9, 2012, 06:06 AM
Interesting idea, and it makes sense.
As it should only apply to act made during the server lock down.
I'll write it into the blog, ad we'll see if Sakai respond to it.
Other people should also write it to Sakai in his blog.

Thanks!

Skyly HUmar
Sep 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
I strongly disagree with your "be happy with what you get" response. You're dismissing legitimate concerns by throwing them into the same group as "greedy whining". It's not the same thing.

The option to transfer doesn't affect me at all. I'm not complaining on my behalf. The only reason they're offering the transfer is because so many people are unhappy about how they were forced onto other servers against their will. I don't think it's fair to charge them money to rectify a problem that SEGA forced them to have, and that others were simply lucky to avoid.

If I was in SEGA's position, I wouldn't have forced people onto other servers to begin with, because I've seen the exact same situation occur before in many other games. If I did force them, I'd take responsibility for it and offer a free transfer to those people. It would definitely please them and regain their trust. Is this not a reasonable course of action?

I'm willing to bet that Valve would do the same thing I described, because they understand how to keep customers happy. They've stated in interviews that they end up making a lot more money in the long run by extending offers and discounts to their customers. Would it really hurt SEGA to give a single free transfer to each displaced individual? I think not.

Edit: The fact that they didn't even consider that anyone would ever want to transfer ships (despite virtually every other game having that service), proves that they dropped the ball. Had the service been available from the beginning, they could have let people make free ship transfers to balance the servers out. Locking people to one character in total compounded that problem. If it's a mistake on their part, they shouldn't be charging customers to fix it.

Sure, they could just not offer the transfer service at all... and end up alienating their customers even further. Have you seen the Japanese reviews the game is getting? Alienating their customers even further is the last thing they'd want to do at this point.

Edit2: One more thing... it sounds like you believe that "customers/consumers should shut up and appreciate that any service is offered to them". Is that how you do business? They're trying to SELL us their service. It's in their best interests to maintain a healthy relationship with their customers. Without their customers, they have nothing and their business would go belly up. It's a two way thing. It doesn't work if one side ignores the other. That's why they're giving us the chance to voice our concerns via their player surveys. If they saw things your way, they'd just tell us to shut up and enjoy the game how they intended it. But they don't do that, because their customers would vanish pretty quick if they did.

Thanks for helping to point that out.

I agree there. Atm i dont plan on jumping ship because i already have alot of active friends and idc too much about meeting new people or "joining the community". But I would like to at least be able to go to another ship i was locked out of at least once without having to pay to check it out.