PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep the game interesting with a class that has reached cap

Agitated_AT
Sep 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
Before I reached cap I had always been acompanied by alot of lvl 40 people folks and now i've reached it myself, I don't really feel like trying another class. How do these folks, and you keep the game interesting at the lvl cap?

Gama
Sep 9, 2012, 10:05 AM
lets see, upgrade ur equipment, stack certain items to get certain tickets... acumulate meseta?

talk with people. help people out...... thats what i do.

Z-0
Sep 9, 2012, 10:25 AM
Playing the TA quests all day, everyday.

Is pretty much all I do.

Ezodagrom
Sep 9, 2012, 10:33 AM
Before I reached cap I had always been acompanied by alot of lvl 40 people folks and now i've reached it myself, I don't really feel like trying another class. How do these folks, and you keep the game interesting at the lvl cap?
Completing client orders and using the experience reward for other classes, completing the matterboard, or just doing a random mission for no reason.

Agitated_AT
Sep 9, 2012, 10:34 AM
lets see, upgrade ur equipment, stack certain items to get certain tickets... acumulate meseta?

talk with people. help people out...... thats what i do.

Upgrade your equipment why? Is there anything you need to become powerful for? Talking with people and helping people out sounds good, but I feel like i'm ruining someones game when I accompany a low lvl player

Completing client orders and using the experience reward for other classes, completing the matterboard, or just doing a random mission for no reason.

Matterboard ah, I almost forgot about that

Jonth
Sep 9, 2012, 11:34 AM
Talking with people and helping people out sounds good, but I feel like i'm ruining someones game when I accompany a low lvl player

Just the opposite in my opinion. In most MMOs this would be true, because the developers put penalties on a player for partying with higher level players, but not in PSO2. I love encountering higher level players in MPAs, because I get to leach the EXP, and my friend likes to use my higher levels for the exact same reason.

To me, the lack of penalties is genius, and should have been implemented in other MMOs a long time ago. Me and my friends don't usually level at the same rate, but we still want to play together.

gigawuts
Sep 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
I enjoy the gameplay, so...it's inherently not boring.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2012, 11:55 AM
I leveled the other classes and did the matterboards.

Now I'm 40/40/40 and all I have left to do is get the obnoxiously hard drops from transmizer/varda/quarz on MB6. I don't feel like doing those, so I'm not.

Soooo, I'm gonna go do something else instead of play PSO2 until the new classes come out in a few days.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 9, 2012, 12:28 PM
I made more accounts and I capped those accounts to experiment the other trees.

With the announcement of the upcoming friend-invite event, I have been hindered making anymore accounts until that event...

I've farmed up all my units and gotten the max results I can currently feel is comfortable and not too easy, yet not too impossible to have wasted all that time and effort for. Not a single new rod, I no longer care. The 5* I have is holding its weight just fine.

I look for something to record.

I look for something to make a Guide for.

When I can't get any foo's willing to Time Attack, this game goes off.. Dragon Nest goes on!

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm really just hoping that reach cap isn't going to be an issue. I've 40/40/40'd, and haven't played since then. But a few more classes are going to be released soon, which will double my playtime. Then soon after that, the level cap is going to be raised. And since we'll have 6 classes, that'll be 60 levels to get.

Agitated_AT
Sep 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
Just the opposite in my opinion. In most MMOs this would be true, because the developers put penalties on a player for partying with higher level players, but not in PSO2. I love encountering higher level players in MPAs, because I get to leach the EXP, and my friend likes to use my higher levels for the exact same reason.

To me, the lack of penalties is genius, and should have been implemented in other MMOs a long time ago. Me and my friends don't usually level at the same rate, but we still want to play together.

Well that sounds like a lot of fun

Mystil
Sep 9, 2012, 02:54 PM
I have 2 classes at cap, I'm still finding this game fun as hell.

Upgrade your equipment why? Is there anything you need to become powerful for? Talking with people and helping people out sounds good, but I feel like i'm ruining someones game when I accompany a low lvl player

For the PS fanbase, its rare. Version1, if you were lvl100 and entered a normal game, the lowbies will be afraid that you are there to PK them.

Squire Grooktook
Sep 9, 2012, 05:09 PM

This. The combat is nice. Which is why I'd start doing self imposed challenges (kill difficult bosses and stages naked, etc).

But honestly, I love the game so much I wouldn't want to ruin it by over playing it. I'd either start from the beginning after a while, or just take a break and play some other stuff till there was new stuff to do.

Shadowth117
Sep 9, 2012, 05:40 PM
Which is why I'd start doing self imposed challenges (kill difficult bosses and stages naked, etc).

That would be great if there was any sort of reward for killing things alone. Bosses take far too long most of the time in this game too for an idea like that honestly :/

Edit: As for what I do, I mostly Time Attack and do Boss rankings (normal enemy rankings are the lottery and if you don't believe it you're very good at lying to yourself). I've done a few things like no damage boss runs or just fastest boss runs I can do, but its annoying how there's not much you can get for doing that. Unless you've got a group of good people storming through the tranmizer run for souls (and you're lucky), you're going to make the most money MPAing as your mind and skill atrophy to nothingness which is pretty lame to me.

Gama
Sep 9, 2012, 05:41 PM
also acumulating client orders to get a head start .

D-Inferno
Sep 9, 2012, 06:44 PM
I don't. I instead wait like 2.25 days.

methaniel
Sep 10, 2012, 05:16 AM
Searching and grinding rares. I don't like buying weapons and armors from Players Shop as it won't appear in my log, so I'm hunting those...
Though lets's be honest, I don't have any luck (except yesterday when I got about 15 rares in an afternoon, 6 of them where new to me)

Also, stocking on the most rewarding clients orders for quickly levelling the new classes (as of now, on the 19 most rewarding orders, I have 16 ready, and the last 3 should be done tonight). I just hope the client order for unlocking the new classes won't be a pain

valmont
Sep 10, 2012, 06:36 AM

^ this.. i just love the combat in this game..

Mystil
Sep 10, 2012, 06:43 AM
But I think I speak for a good amount of people that the bosses can be so irritating that it makes you want to stop playing. That said, SEGA sorta got it right with boss difficulty.

For some people, this difficulty may make them come back for more.

pikachief
Sep 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
But I think I speak for a good amount of people that the bosses can be so irritating that it makes you want to stop playing. That said, SEGA sorta got it right with boss difficulty.

For some people, this difficulty may make them come back for more.

Really? Hhmm i feel like the banthers and banshees sre the only difficult bosses and even after a few fights they dont seem to hard anymore. I love the ranfom boss battles as well. Oh well to each his own :P

I personally have found PSU to have more lasting value than PSO2 even in PSUs early stages but im sure Im probably the only one on that lol

Spellbinder
Sep 10, 2012, 09:10 AM

Pretty much nailed it... but right now my laptop is being repaired... orz why is Asus support so slow in Japan.

Rootsuki
Sep 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
You could take a break and get off.

Jakosifer
Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
I play it with friends.