PDA

View Full Version : About weakpoint

Nerineri
Sep 10, 2012, 12:06 AM
Nope, I'm not talking about weakpoint skill for ranger but rather the weak point on the enemies.

I have a particular strange experience with King Yeti's weakpoint. As you can see it is that nub that protruded from his big fat white bottom. As a force, I could just aim Rafoie at the ground behind him and let the explosion hit his weakpoint(since it's quicker than aiming at the nub). However sometimes it didn't seem to hit it, even if I manually aim for the nub itself. Or as a Hunter, with the cruel's throw sword's PA could pick up the yeti if I managed to hit his weakpoint, but sometimes it seems to fail at hitting his weakpoint eventhough I did hit it.

Is this some kind of weird glitch or something?

IzzyData
Sep 10, 2012, 12:12 AM
Just an imperfect collision detection. Where you see the enemy isn't exactly where the collision detection is being calculated. The visual models and the underlying collision detection boxes are only roughly the same.

Nerineri
Sep 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
I see... Very anoying to aim for weakpoint when this happened - -'

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2012, 12:25 AM
It's pretty frequent in games with hitboxes. Play a source game, have fun getting headshots on laggy players!

IzzyData
Sep 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
Surpsingly pso2 is a lot better than other games because your location and enemy locations are determined client side. This is kind of a red flag for things not to do in online gaming but it seems like they did it anyway. Makes it incredibly easy to hack, but it makes everything so much smoother.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I like that they left it client side here. It's easy to hack, but if hacking doesn't worry you then it's definitely preferable. I've lagged out a few times, and not come back dead because of it.