PDA

View Full Version : OMG people are spamming disturbing pictures

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
I just log in right now and people are spamming disturbing pictures (naked). Is that even legal?

Lostbob117
Sep 10, 2012, 07:20 PM
Are you on block 20 ship2?

PepperCat
Sep 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the Free to Play business model.

Alenoir
Sep 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
Screenshot and report here (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=wickeduser).

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
yeah i am, is that common there?

Coatl
Sep 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
yeah i am, is that common there?

Yes. Yes it is.

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
oh wow is it like that everywhere, because my 12 years old sister was bugging me to let her play it i already download it for her and everything; now i would not want her expose to that. so is there a ship which doesn't have this?

Macras
Sep 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
avoid block 20 like the plague -> ??? -> profit

also, large signatures are obnoxious.

pikachief
Sep 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
Is that even legal?

No and the over-excessive use in addition to any people modding and such is what may one day push sega to an IP ban if it continues to get worse. They don't want to IP ban if they don't have to though so it's unlikely that they will. Just an example of how much of a problem it is and that SEGA doesn't like it.

It's mostly just on Ship 2 Block 20, so either avoid Block 20 or jump ship. :P (when me and my younger cousin play i know we'll be avoiding B-20 for that same reason)

Zorafim
Sep 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
Nudity, and sexual acts, are what I've seen. For the most part, it's limited to Ship 2 block 20 (Could be in other ships, but I don't think other blocks of ship 2). If it makes you feel any better, many of the people spamming those are getting banned.

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
No and the over-excessive use in addition to any people modding and such is what may one day push sega to an IP ban if it continues to get worse. They don't want to IP ban if they don't have to though so it's unlikely that they will. Just an example of how much of a problem it is and that SEGA doesn't like it.

It's mostly just on Ship 2 Block 20, so either avoid Block 20 or jump ship. :P (when me and my younger cousin play i know we'll be avoiding B-20 for that same reason)

ok i'll just avoid block 20 then , went there because i heard thats where all the english players were. ( come to think of it all the spamer had english name^^;)

Rika-chan
Sep 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
What about ship 10?

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
What about ship 10?

I'll find people to play with there?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
They don't want to IP ban if they don't have to though so it's unlikely that they will.

Sakai said he didn't want to go that extreme, but that's probably just PR talk.
If the higher ups tell Sakai to "Block foreign IPs nao" I'm sure he'd do it without a moment's hesitation.

pikachief
Sep 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'll find people to play with there?

Ship 10 is the second largest population of english speakers. A lot less than 2 but there's enough to have people to play with. I'm sure it's small enough that you'll find them and get to know them and always have familiar people to play with! (assuming of course. I'm sure they're a nice community there)

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ship 10 is the second largest population of english speakers. A lot less than 2 but there's enough to have people to play with. I'm sure it's small enough that you'll find them and get to know them and always have familiar people to play with! (assuming of course. I'm sure they're a nice community there)

I see, well i'll go over there, i don't mind it being small as long as i have at least 1 person to play with ( a friend introduce me to this game but bail on me saying hes staying on infinity and wait us release, but i kinda like it here lol)

Rika-chan
Sep 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
I see, well i'll go over there, i don't mind it being small as long as i have at least 1 person to play with ( a friend introduce me to this game but bail on me saying hes staying on infinity and wait us release, but i kinda like it here lol)

I have plenty of english friends +^_^+ and there are several english teams.

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
I have plenty of english friends +^_^+ and there are several english teams.

well i'll be over there in a few secs:-)

IzzyData
Sep 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
avoid block 20 like the plague -> ??? -> profit

also, large signatures are obnoxious.

Just avoid ship 2.

Edit: Ah, missed a page. Yea, come to ship 10 where the peaceful english community is.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ship 2 REALLY isn't that bad, of course it's cool to say it is... But whatever.

Block 20 however is engh...

blace
Sep 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
Block 20 is the only problematic part of ship 2, every other block is fine.

D-Inferno
Sep 10, 2012, 09:07 PM
I blacklist ANYONE who uses a NSFW emote.

If anyone uses that shit in a multiparty, either kick them, or if they are not in your party, don't revive them.

Gama
Sep 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
I blacklist ANYONE who uses a NSFW emote.

If anyone uses that shit in a multiparty, either kick them, or if they are not in your party, don't revive them.

words of wisdom.

LEARZTIM
Sep 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
Block 20 is the only problematic part of ship 2, every other block is fine.

i'll play in 11 then till i can get some friends to play they'll probably make me restart anyway to be same lv.

Laguna
Sep 10, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, but this thread just screams n00b... LOL

Arika
Sep 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
Ship-2 block-20 was supposed to be PSOW main block, but from all the negative posts we always have. I m pretty sure that it is just other website block atm, since most psow avoid it now.

blace
Sep 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ship-2 block-20 was supposed to be PSOW main block, but from all the negative posts we always have. I m pretty sure that it is just other website block atm, since most psow avoid it now.
Actually, pretty much every PSO related community from Reddit, 4Chan, and a few others congregate to ship 2 block 20, probably due to them seeing the mention of a block for english speakers on a thread here.

PepperCat
Sep 10, 2012, 10:38 PM
i'll play in 11 then till i can get some friends to play they'll probably make me restart anyway to be same lv.

I bounce around between block 20 and block 11... seems to be working out fine. :D

D-Inferno
Sep 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
We should move to Block 40 tbh just in respect for JP players who look to farm mines.

Laguna
Sep 11, 2012, 12:19 AM
We should move to Block 40 tbh just in respect for JP players who look to farm mines.

This. I wish.

pikachief
Sep 11, 2012, 12:34 AM

I also agree with this. I mean why not? The argument of "we can't get everyone to move there!" just means that hopefully a lot of unwanted people stay on 20 or we have small groups at a time or even just a small community. i don't see why not.

blace
Sep 11, 2012, 01:33 AM
It could just be kept to PSO-World members. Not like we have much to do with what the rest of the other site communities do on block 20, especially with Broomop lurking it.

Edit: As soon as I say that and hop onto block 40, head banging rappies.

Seraphus
Sep 11, 2012, 01:43 AM
It could just be kept to PSO-World members. Not like we have much to do with what the rest of the other site communities do on block 20, especially with Broomop lurking it.

Edit: As soon as I say that and hop onto block 40, head banging rappies.

You got something against rappies?

Well, I don't see why (well, yeah I do) people still continue to go to B20 especially when they are now designated areas.

KEV1N
Sep 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
2-3 people spam NSFW symbol art.

Everyone in block 20 is now scum and should be avoided.
Leave ship 2 .

Duuuuuuuurrrrr.... how do I blacklist?

Z-0
Sep 11, 2012, 05:47 AM
Well, I don't see why (well, yeah I do) people still continue to go to B20 especially when they are now designated areas.
It's because most EN people don't realise this, or they just want to play with English people. Then again you said you see why, and I only just noticed this after posting. ._.

I've always thought the English block should be moved to a no-name block as well, just so looking for Mines games would be easier. I mean, it must be weird to some JP people seeing Mines SO POPULAR even though like everything there is outclassed so nobody plays it.

Finalzone
Sep 11, 2012, 05:48 AM
Ship 2 is fine with the right people. Speaking about block, my Japanese teammate told me about these modifications so I adjusted my game.

MelancholyWitch
Sep 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Oh geez this again, ok OP ignore any of the above posts or replies, considering most who say that about Block 20 and/or Ship 02 have actually never been there, or have a character on it. The spam is really not bad what so ever, I've been playing majority of my time on Block 20 Ship 02 and I hardly see any vulgar symbol art, honestly unless you're going to be spending all your time in the lobby like 4-12 hours then you have nothing to worry about. I've never seen such symbol art spam in the multiparties and I've level 3 classes to 40, just join a Team and you wont even notice that stuff, I barely see it and even then it's on rare occasion, not lately especially. My advice is, if you want a large English community stay where you are. It happens everywhere, it's the internet, to say it happens more there is an exaggeration that is overly feared and talked upon by people who don't even go to that Block or are on that Ship.

Scotty T
Sep 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Try block 11 it has alot of JP players but its obviously miles better than 20.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
And remember kids, the one posting the disturbing images is NOT the one that needs to grow up!

-English Community

Vintasticvin
Sep 11, 2012, 12:37 PM
D: I miss being able to play and I miss the wild crazy parties that ensued before my HDD went kaput! Back in my days there were pony emotes spammed and ultra busty female characters in in the HUney suit dancing :3 Damn, keep partying hard ship 2,block 20.

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
Long live pony emotes.

pikachief
Sep 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
The spam is really not bad what so ever, I've been playing majority of my time on Block 20 Ship 02 and I hardly see any vulgar symbol art, honestly unless you're going to be spending all your time in the lobby like 4-12 hours then you have nothing to worry about.

I see it all the time just passing through, accepting missions and such. :/ It's dumb and lame. :/

blace
Sep 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
I see it all the time just passing through, accepting missions and such. :/ It's dumb and lame. :/

The same for me as well, I can't stand around for a few minutes without some profane symbol art.

Akaimizu
Sep 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the Free to Play business model.

Welcome to every business model. This stuff happened on every PS online game since Dreamcast.

Dan Maku
Sep 11, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ship 2 REALLY isn't that bad, of course it's cool to say it is... But whatever.

Block 20 however is engh...

This. Block 23 is a much better place to play: not as populated as 20, but 20 is a fucking ghetto compared to 23.

PepperCat
Sep 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
Welcome to every business model. This stuff happened on every PS online game since Dreamcast.

Its worse here on PSO2 than it ever was in previous games... IMO.