PDA

View Full Version : Are FUN Scratches truly random or is there a "trick" to them?

Takatsuki
Sep 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
I know the items have a rarity to them, so I guess "random" probably isn't the right word, but what I'm asking is: Do each of the 3 squares on the FUN scratch, and each of the FUN scratch stations in general, have a higher probability of producing certain types of items? For example, does one square, or one station, have a higher chance of producing My Room Items, while another has a higher chance of producing Accessory Tickets?

I ask because I have been trying to get a My Shop 3 Day Pass since the end of the Open Beta. I have scratched every single day, and I usually get all my Good Job and Friend Partner FUN each day, so I can sometimes scratch 2 or 3 times per day, but I have yet to get a single My Shop 3 Day Pass. I'm wondering if I'm simply using the "wrong" scratch squares or stations since I'm getting tons of Room Items, Grinders and Synthesizers and not the one thing I'm actually looking for. I even have several rare room items (I have like 6 of those beach chairs for example), but yet... not one My Shop 3 Day Pass...

So yeah... is there a better location for getting certain items or is there an equal chance everywhere and I just have bad luck?

Sizustar
Sep 11, 2012, 04:38 AM
Real life random luck.
- I've gotten...3+ My Shop and My room ticket already, but I can't get the Room Expansion ticket wwww

blace
Sep 11, 2012, 04:39 AM
Pure random luck, courtesy of the RNG. I've yet to get anything of use from it.

IzzyData
Sep 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
All 3 squares are filled with random things. There is no trick to it.

Arios
Sep 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
Real life random luck.
- I've gotten...3+ My Shop and My room ticket already, but I can't get the Room Expansion ticket wwww

Yeah, luck indeed. 420 hrs and i didn't get a single "My" ticket :-(

Takatsuki
Sep 11, 2012, 05:00 AM
Real life random luck.

I have five Large Room Expansion tickets and two Small Room tickets XD
Almost at 400 hours myself...

Reiketsu
Sep 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
lol, I too have a few large room expansions and I got a load of My Shop tickets, but not a single My Room one... I don't wanna complain, but still... xD"

Dammy
Sep 11, 2012, 06:48 AM
got 4 myroom tickets but none of shop :(

zamoth
Sep 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
The probability of MyRoom ticket are twice higher than MyShop tickets.

Sephirah
Sep 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
got 4 myroom tickets but none of shop :(

Same here, I have like 30 rares saved just waiting to be sold. >.<

Fox2Tails
Sep 11, 2012, 07:21 AM
I got a MyShop pass, a ton of room items, some music disks and a Remodelling ticket but no MyRoom pass...

Edit: Make that 2 Remodelling tickets

Macman
Sep 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
Never ever pick the spot near the male character. There's a secret discrimination agenda against men in PSO and it'll always give a grinder or synthesizer! :wacko:

Sephirah
Sep 11, 2012, 07:35 AM
Well has anyone noticed that the square on the left is always glowing, even if you don't have your mouse over it?

mommy_cornelia
Sep 11, 2012, 08:12 AM
Well has anyone noticed that the square on the left is always glowing, even if you don't have your mouse over it?

That is because the game selects it as the default one (iirc, you can use arrow keys to select the other ones)

Sephirah
Sep 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
That is because the game selects it as the default one (iirc, you can use arrow keys to select the other ones)

oooooh :)

Daiyousei
Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Don't know if it works for you guys but I put my luck into random.org to generate a number 1 - 3, most of the time I'd get stuff other than grinders and synthesizers.

merru
Sep 14, 2012, 05:39 PM
FUN are gambling ..and gambling depends on luck ...well mostly
kinda like that gachapon thing

my other character(not the main) need my shop too >.>