PDA

View Full Version : maintenance on Wednesday

Limbo_lag
Sep 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
That there will be a maintenance on Wednesday, followed by a 4.3GB patch (yes, I know :/)

http://bumped.org/psublog/reminder-weekly-maintenance/

Also, has there been a change to the "no international IPs" thing? (see the comments).

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2012, 09:09 AM
Of course; they're adding the new classes and whatnot. Which means changing drop charts for most of the enemies in the game. Patch is going to be large, yes.

Arios
Sep 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
That there will be a maintenance on Wednesday, followed by a 4.3GB patch (yes, I know :/)

http://bumped.org/psublog/reminder-weekly-maintenance/

Also, has there been a change to the "no international IPs" thing? (see the comments).

Regarding the international IPs thing, don't worry, look at the dates of those comments ^^

Limbo_lag
Sep 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
Yeah, just noticed it myself.

Ryo
Sep 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
I, for one, can't wait for today's patch. I know the game will be down all night for me, but first thing tomorrow!

Takatsuki
Sep 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
4.3 GB!? Holy cow!
That's gonna take all freaking day to download x_X

Fox2Tails
Sep 11, 2012, 09:38 AM
I wonder how big the English translation'll be

Takatsuki
Sep 11, 2012, 09:39 AM
I wonder how big the English translation'll be

Better question: How long will it take them to release translations for the new content? I can imagine there's a whole lot of new text.

Fox2Tails
Sep 11, 2012, 09:41 AM
Better question: How long will it take them to release translations for the new content? I can imagine there's a whole lot of new text.

It didn't take them long for the last one

Blues22475
Sep 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
I, for one, can't wait for today's patch. I know the game will be down all night for me, but first thing tomorrow!

Same here. Can't wait for double sabers. Only downside is large patch. ^^;

Limbo_lag
Sep 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
I suspect we'll get people with major problems downloading this. Might need someone to upload it (in parts) somewhere :/

FlameOfYagami
Sep 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
People still use the english patch? Lmao.

Haven't used that thing in over a month now. It's no longer needed.

Golto
Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
I find it ridiculous that they need to replace 3/4ths of the game's total filesize with this update. Its not a patch, its a redownload of the game. Just SoJ being stupid again using outdated methods.

Fox2Tails
Sep 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
People still use the english patch? Lmao.

Haven't used that thing in over a month now. It's no longer needed.

Opinion. I find it easier to play with

Slidikins
Sep 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Is no one else even slightly concerned about the "veto on foreign connections?"

本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。
日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続することを禁止 します

Ezodagrom
Sep 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Check the date of those comments.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2012, 10:42 AM

This has been addressed.

http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addresses-the-tos-change-and-future-updates/

Read and learn.

Slidikins
Sep 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
Check the date of those comments.Ah, right. I wrongly assumed that comments on a new news post would be new. Carry on.

Ezodagrom
Sep 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ah, right. I wrongly assumed that comments on a new news post would be new. Carry on.
Basically in bumped there's not a new post for every maintenance, the maintenance article has been the same since July, the article is just updated for each maintenance, and so the comments in the article may be old. ^^;

D-Inferno
Sep 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
Do we know if it is actually +4.3 GB to the current PSO2, or is it merely +4.3 GB to the vanilla download?

Because no new maps are really getting added (granted, lots of new weapons though; though SEGA mght just be making you redownload shit).

jooozek
Sep 11, 2012, 10:50 AM
It's another 4.3GB to what you have on your drive already after patching the game up to date and not 4.3GB to vanilla install.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=378

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
followed by a 4.3GB patch

I... Whoa. I mean, it has no effect on me. I've got two days to download this patch. But whoa.

It'd like to see what's making an update this size. New weapon models? That makes sense. I wouldn't think drop charts would take up much space, but that could be something. Class information? I wouldn't think that's more than variables.

Chacron
Sep 11, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hm, I wonder what the dataminer folk will find in this patch. At any rate, server goes down at 10pm (est) and comes up at 4 am. I suspect it'll all finish while I sleep like usual.

Limbo_lag
Sep 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
I... Whoa. I mean, it has no effect on me. I've got two days to download this patch. But whoa.

It'd like to see what's making an update this size. New weapon models? That makes sense. I wouldn't think drop charts would take up much space, but that could be something. Class information? I wouldn't think that's more than variables.

New animations as well. But yeah, I agree, 4.3gb is a bit much. Don't see why they couldn't split it up over a few days/separate parts :sleepy:

IzzyData
Sep 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
There is no way it is going to turn the 6gb install into a 10gb install. It has to be overwriting data with slightly different data and will probably only increase by a few hundred mb. That being said I find it very weird that they don't know how to do standard versioning and only change the part of files that are different.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
What in the fuck are they putting in that patch?

That has to be an error. They normally specify how large the client will be for new installers when announcing a patch, maybe that got mixed up? IIRC the last time it was 4.3 gigs.

Either that or we're getting all the weapons from every game in the past as nacht versions, because we're sure not getting 4.3gb worth of real content.

Zyrusticae
Sep 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
They are probably overwriting some old content wholesale (instead of incrementally patching the parts that needed to be patched, and ONLY those parts). Proof can be seen in how the game just overwrites everything when you install the English patch, for example - if they only patched parts of files instead, the patcher would just fail or tell you to reinstall.

Mystil
Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
So basically, wont be able to play all day Wednesday.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
What in the fuck are they putting in that patch?

Steroids.

Xaeris
Sep 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
That's thoughtful of them, but I've got my share already.

My bandwidth is ready.

D-Inferno
Sep 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
I bet that the Ruins map is probably present in the client too. It just probably won't be accessible till October.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Steroids.

Typical anti-cast hatred, steroids don't even work on us.

Vashyron
Sep 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
Ehh not sure exactly if even 90% of that 4GB is going to be new content.
It's possibly them not them liking the fact that people have decrypted their encrypted and compressed ICE file format (which is everything except music and video) which currently comes down "4.07gb or aroundabout" so that may potentially come down to redownloading every single ICE file for a new version (which would be version 5) + content update. They have redone the ICE and Music encryption/archive in the past, they were obviously not happy about datamining which I expect to still hold true.

As much as I'd like it to be a 4.3GB update, not only would I heavily doubt alone but combined with the stated fact above it sounds like bad times for the EN patch and easy datamining. (As well as bandwidth issues for those with that sort of issue.)

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
Typical anti-cast hatred, steroids don't even work on us.

Gotta give the other two races something to level the playing field, right?

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
I guess, but that muscle tone is going to have to be seriously firm if they want to clang with the best of us. And they still won't even be shiny or glow in the dark!

And yeah, I'd definitely believe they're just putting in newly encrypted files. I hope people will remember how to navigate the menus, would suck if they were suddenly unable to play with the new content. That's why I took the two days to learn katakana, though. Still having a hard time with a couple hiragana letters, being that they don't sound like english when read they're a bit tougher...

eharima
Sep 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
And to be fair it says 4.3gb SPACE
Implying when UNCOMPRESSED

Udonge
Sep 11, 2012, 04:46 PM
Dammit, I have 4 tests next week that I have to study for.
Hopefully I can max out all classes by the end of the upcoming school holidays :sleepy:

anubispso2
Sep 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
datamining will happen with or without decompression. alot was found without the de-icer. Its all unpacked at some point in memory.

Cypher_9
Sep 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
In the regard to the maintinance... when the servers go down I'll be hosting a livestream drawing your PSO2 character! Check it out! http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200577

Aeris
Sep 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
This will take me 2-3 days on my slow connection just to download this big huge patch .-.