PDA

View Full Version : What classes all got nerfed Sept 12, 2012?

dablacksephiroth
Sep 14, 2012, 04:52 AM
Welcome back PSO-w and Thanks all who got the message out!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200496

This bug has been terminated, finally. However, ...it came at a price. If you have not noticed yet.. and I'm not sure if any other classes were affected... but... my Force has been sapped almost 50 T-Atk from its buffed stat.

My personal buffed and unbuffed stats were as follows (You may use the video as reference, starting at 9:22):

Unbuffed T-Atk Before - 1213
Unbuffed T-Atk Now - 1213 (Recorrected. I forgot I upgraded a unit since that video to 1223)

Shifta 10 only T-Atk Before - 1359
Shifta 10 only T-Atk Now - 1314 (Recorrected. I forgot I upgraded a unit since that video to 1324)

Shifta EX only (Large) T-Atk Before - Uh oh... not available. :<
Shifta EX only (Large) T-Atk Now - 1320 (Recorrected. I forgot I upgraded a unit since that video to 1330)

Shifta 10 + Shifta EX (Large) T-Atk Before - 1487
Shifta 10 + Shifta EX (Large) T-Atk Now - 1442 (Recorrected. I forgot I upgraded a unit since that video to 1452)

I notice at some parts in the video where I would open the menu to go find a clothing to change to... in the right corner, my stats would display at 1442 just before I would perform the bug. Today.. I see that is now my official stat when I equip those old units from that video.

So now the REAL question.....

Could it be that all this time.. the REAL bug was Force buff modifications were accidentally too friendly? Or were Force simply becoming a threat to teamwork and gameplay? If this were only Force technique buff though, why? Every class that would use an EX drink and even that other Shifta/Deband AoE drink could also experience the side effects.

I'm also wondering if the reduced Shifta technique is only applying to Force. (Doubt it, but.. can never be too safe!)

So ....was anyone able to read any Japanese notes that may've explained why this was necessary? And to even those who haven't or can't, what're your thoughts? :3

-----Edit------
Bah... may have to just cancel thread.. I have no EX-only references from the past.

Galax
Sep 14, 2012, 07:53 AM
Force, with access to six elements, quickly becomes a VERY powerful class...if you play it in a style accordingly. As in, you can melee to refill PP, but you shouldn't really RELY on your Gunslash for damage - that's why you're a FO, relying on techs to beat down the mobs. If they were nerfed...I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest with you. They now have all six elements at their command. Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Light, Dark, in addition to Melee and Ranged. They don't work as well with Melee/Ranged as Hunter/Ranger do, but a well-geared FO can do them decently if the situation calls for it.

tl;dr If any class got nerfed, I am not surprised that it would be Force. There's a reason the term Glass Cannon applies to them.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2012, 09:41 AM
All six elements? You mean fire/fire/fire/fire/fire/light, right?

Slidikins
Sep 14, 2012, 09:49 AM

fire/fire/fire/fire/light/dark. I've seen some things with the Megid line. Things you wouldn't believe. @.@

Darki
Sep 14, 2012, 09:53 AM

lightning is a very solid element too, specially when dealing with big mobs, and wind seems to be very powerful too...

Anyways I love using all elements. I wish they had added earth techs too. We don't have an "elemental wheel" here, monsters have simply elemental weaknesses, so having 7 elements would have been much cooler...

Ezodagrom
Sep 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
lightning is a very solid element too, specially when dealing with big mobs, and wind seems to be very powerful too...
Yeah, and lightning is also rather good to deal with groups of robots (gizonde).

Slidikins
Sep 14, 2012, 09:56 AM

Anyways I love using all elements. I wish they had added earth techs too. We don't have an "elemental wheel" here, monsters have simply elemental weaknesses, so having 7 elements would have been much cooler...I try and cast spells to match weakness too, since Force is the only class to really have that choice. (Techer now too.) Diga is possibly the only thing I really miss from PSU. Chucking a giant space rock at a monster never got old. And that sound effect!

Carillon
Sep 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
looks like the % bonus shifta EX is giving remained the same.

strange that shiftatech would lose 1/3 of it's omph tho. too bad it's not really clear how strong it's supposed to be x.x

dablacksephiroth
Sep 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
Oh, man. I might've laughed too hard at this. Tears in my eyes! Hahaha!

WolfDreamer
Sep 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Could be possible that they nerfed Shifta in some way so that those Techers that spec Into Shifta buffs in the new Techer tree weren't super overpowered. The classic "nerf down the base when a buff is added in" tactic.

SPOnion
Sep 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wind, when in the right situation, deals the highest damage. *6 is hilarious against anything large.

Poison Ignition lv 10 has 300% power and 30 cd, which according to what I read is at least decent (requires melee and the ignition works on only one poisoned enemy while the damage is AOE) compared with Ice Ignition. Besides, darkness has many high damage spell, too.

Light I might consider the most powerful overall now...especially when subclasses are open. It has the most useful spells (damage&healing).

PP Restraint improves your PP recover to 6 (from 5) at lv 5 and 7 lv 10.
PP Convert let you hit for an extra regain 5PP/s, but...well, I (still) cannot say I'm impressed. Gunslash does better and needs no SP anyway.

Crevox
Sep 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
Level 10 Shifta Advance gives +5~10 atk. :)

Yes I know it's a %. Yes I tested it. Yes it's garbage. This and more in the techer thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2856658

Kierto
Sep 14, 2012, 04:57 PM
Don't forget that some Photon Blasts got purposefully nerfed because they now fixed Ajax line to use R-ATK and Cetus line to use T-ATK. Don't want you to kill Krahdas too quickly now!

Crevox
Sep 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Don't forget that some Photon Blasts got purposefully nerfed because they now fixed Ajax line to use R-ATK and Cetus line to use T-ATK. Don't want you to kill Krahdas too quickly now!

Could also be considered a buff :)

SPOnion
Sep 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
Level 10 Shifta Advance gives +5~10 atk. :)

Yes I know it's a %. Yes I tested it. Yes it's garbage. This and more in the techer thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2856658

Theoretically it should improve 18.9% (lv 10) to 28.9 (at 10sp) of your vanilla ATTs but I guess if it only does like a 10 it definitely is a bug...

And I think Shifta CH works the same manner, which is 10% CH chance to everyone, but that needs to be tested too...

Mystil
Sep 14, 2012, 06:06 PM

You might be seeing zan/zan/zan/zan/zan/resta now.