PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Premium Box Owners Thread

buri-chan
Sep 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
A fine, sophisticated thread for those of us with $80 to blow on a free game from Japan. Well, it could be less if you chose SAL over EMS, but I'd like the box next week and not by the time NA release rolls around.

Got my confirmation from AmiAmi Tuesday, sent the payment, and now it's...sitting in Tokyo Central waiting to be shipped. I'd made the mistake of entirely forgetting about it and buying a 3DS XL the same week. At least the credit card company will be happy about that. AmiAmi said the game was "out of stock" yesterday, but just "released" today. Guess too many people cancelled their pre-orders. Oh well. Didn't even notice the WebMoney cards before, and now they're all sold out.

A reminder pasta from the other thread about the contents:

5 different item codes
30 days of the premium set
1000 FUN
A mag evolution device
A color change ticket
5 scape dolls
A selection of boost items

Now if they'd only release a costume I liked so I could change it to dark red...

Sp-24
Sep 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
I've got one of those item code weapons! Does that make me ~1/35 eligible to post here?

buri-chan
Sep 14, 2012, 07:52 PM
I'm going to allow it. Br grateful.

Sp-24
Sep 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Awesome. :D I'm still unsure whether that Sato is worth $80 or not. I mean, it looks kinda weird... And, of course, there's the prophecy. Wouldn't want to pay so much for this game and then get rejected a few months later.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Got 3 boxes cause that was the max amiami allowed per order -_-

Also got http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2311 cause I've been wanting it for a long time but didn't want to waste shipping on a single item.

blace
Sep 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
Cheaper than what Play-Asia is offering, but why three boxes?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cheaper than what Play-Asia is offering, but why three boxes?

Because that's their purchase limit per order.

blace
Sep 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
I mean do you really need three of them?

buri-chan
Sep 14, 2012, 08:55 PM
To save on shipping three separate boxes, obviously.

And yes, Play Asia loves to price gouge.

blace
Sep 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
What are you going to do with three of them though? Sure they allow three per order, but isn't that a bit excessive?

Mike
Sep 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
What are you going to do with three of them though? Sure they allow three per order, but isn't that a bit excessive?
Sell the bonus items maybe.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 15, 2012, 12:36 AM

Put things in perspective...

http://www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/2011/05/26/akb48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-of-new-single/

I ONLY bought 3 copies, and I'm gonna use the codes on my own account.

methaniel
Sep 15, 2012, 12:40 AM
Bought mine on the day of the release, last in the store I usually go to (...safe!)
I'm still not sure if I should transform my Mag in Shat...even more since there should be other forms released, and maybe I will like another one more

Arika
Sep 15, 2012, 01:01 AM

http://www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/2011/05/26/akb48-otaku-buys-5500-copies-of-new-single/

omg lol!, and I wonder if he just feel proud or he feel shame.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 15, 2012, 01:02 AM
Got 3 boxes cause that was the max amiami allowed per order -_-

Also got http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2311 cause I've been wanting it for a long time but didn't want to waste shipping on a single item.

*very jelly poor college student here barely surviving on loans and a part time job*
+^_^+ maybe someone share 30 day premium codes in a contest here on the forums???+^_^+

Keii
Sep 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
Bought mine in Yodobashi Shinjuku. Went to the one near the east exit first and was told they have it only in the west one. Quite a lot of copies though and the person before me in line also snagged one.

I was really disappointed that there wasn't any paper manual included but oh well it's still better than the Vita games with one slice of paper most of the time.

The Fighter weapons grinded to +5/6 are pretty sweet, even on level 21.
Question about the mag- does it change only visually or does it affect it's performance? I don't want to mess up my lv. 150 Fighter/Hunter mag and I've heard that this one is more of a "Force" one. True/False?

eharima
Sep 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
B/t> sato cell codes
PM price or wants ^ ^

So is the release disk content patched up to where we currently are or you have to download that 3fb patch??

methaniel
Sep 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
Bought mine in Yodobashi Shinjuku. Went to the one near the east exit first and was told they have it only in the west one. Quite a lot of copies though and the person before me in line also snagged one.

I was really disappointed that there wasn't any paper manual included but oh well it's still better than the Vita games with one slice of paper most of the time.

The Fighter weapons grinded to +5/6 are pretty sweet, even on level 21.
Question about the mag- does it change only visually or does it affect it's performance? I don't want to mess up my lv. 150 Fighter/Hunter mag and I've heard that this one is more of a "Force" one. True/False?

From what I read on Sega's site when they released the update, it's only a visual change and will change in no way the mag's performances and capacities
(didn't even thought of going to Yodobashi, as they didn't have Diablo III the day of its release, so I thought it wouldn't be here either)
And I didn't used the installation disc, so I don't know if it's patched, though I somehow doubt it is

Keii
Sep 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
(didn't even thought of going to Yodobashi, as they didn't have Diablo III the day of its release, so I thought it wouldn't be here either)
Diablo 3 didn't even get an official release here, so... I've seen the preorder information in literally 1 store and it was some random place in Akiba aimed at hardcore PC gamers (whole floor with gaming rigs, mouses etc.).

Thanks for the Mag information. I wonder if it'll retain the mag's attack action though since it originally comes with an appropriate animation.

methaniel
Sep 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
Diablo 3 didn't even get an official release here, so... I've seen the preorder information in literally 1 store and it was some random place in Akiba aimed at hardcore PC gamers (whole floor with gaming rigs, mouses etc.).

Thanks for the Mag information. I wonder if it'll retain the mag's attack action though since it originally comes with an appropriate animation.

lol, the only place where I was able to find it was also in Akiba in a small "hidden" shop at some floor of a building, and it was a shop filled with ero-games and such for PC...and a really small corner for "normal" PC Games...
I don't know about the animation though, some people in my team have changed to Rappy but I haven't realised any major changes (not that I'm carefully looking at it...)

ClothoBuer
Sep 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
I got one, but I was lazy/cheap and went with SAL. Mostly to not further aggravate the Post Office guys who constantly leave little delivery slips on my door telling me I have a package to pick up at the Office. I don't think they like seeing me there all that often >_>

Still, while I wait for mine to arrive (I can have package races to see which arrives first, PSO2, Fate/Zero Season 2 (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/QcSJgPqLd6n3Kpzjr9/browse/item/95257/4/0/0), or Fate/Extra Caster (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10154902)! Kinda bummed they pushed Saber ~Triumphant Excalibur~ and Milla Maxwell back to October) I can contemplate whether I want to use that Color Change ticket on my second Ballistic Coat, Candy Crown, or Little Prim. So many options...

youcantcatchtheblue
Sep 15, 2012, 01:49 PM

XD .... but still....
you could have just gotten some extra AC instead of 2 more copies of the game... but I guess it could be worth it if you sell the items for millions of mesetas.

Back on topic, I should be getting my copy in just a couple of hours from now ^^

Inazuma
Sep 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
I ordered one copy of the game and it's currently in the mail. I thought about ordering more, but I figured buying AC scratches would be better. Are the items in the premium package really worth a ton? I will do price checks before using the items.

Keii
Sep 16, 2012, 12:51 AM
Uh, I've just changed my mag to sato from the pp and I think it looks terrible from behind. Hope it's possible to use another evolution device to overwrite it later.

fullotoss
Sep 16, 2012, 06:03 AM
A mag evolution device is the only item which worth something

Keii
Sep 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
A mag evolution device is the only item which worth something
The 5 weapons are really good, mind you.

buri-chan
Sep 16, 2012, 07:46 PM
Naturally, I'm gone for an hour and a half, and the delivery guy managed to come by and leave in that time. But they came back today, so I've got mine~ I'd take a picture, but that sounds like work.

Ha ha, time for Item Codes!

The mag could be cuter, but how else am I supposed to show them online?

Ryo
Sep 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
Still waiting for mine to show up in the mail. I ordered EMS but Amiami is taking their sweet time.

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
Uh, I've just changed my mag to sato from the pp and I think it looks terrible from behind. Hope it's possible to use another evolution device to overwrite it later.

Could you get some screens of the angle you don't like, then others? I've been thinking about getting a sato mag cell.

Arika
Sep 18, 2012, 12:17 AM
Mine arrive since 3 days ago, but I just got noticed that it stuck at post office, so I had to pick up yesterday :(

Anyway, the box is nothing but just 2 CD and one very thin instruction sheet. and one code hide on back of the CD.

*Take box from post office*
*open it, insert code*
*now, it is no longer any use lol* (unless I need to reinstall, but that would be rare situation)

methaniel
Sep 18, 2012, 12:48 AM

I think that for changing to another special form, you first need to buy a mag "devolution" device to return it to its previous form, then you can use another evolution device...This "devolution" device being sold at the trade shop for some AC items...

Crystal_Shard
Sep 18, 2012, 01:09 AM
Just got mine yesterday. Interesting that it's just one single code for multiple items, but kinda annoying if one was planning to easily resell/trade some portion of the items by just giving out the appropriate code.

Anyway, the box is nothing but just 2 CD and one very thin instruction sheet. and one code hide on back of the CD.

*Take box from post office*
*open it, insert code*
*now, it is no longer any use lol* (unless I need to reinstall, but that would be rare situation)

Actually, once the game gets updated further, that'd only make the discs even more eligible for a career in coaster services. Guess we'll have to wait for an official artbook or something if we want something more collectable. That thin instruction sheet is kinda insulting really. At least include a nice picture card or something.

Anyway seems like a guidebook also got announced for later this year. That should be pretty useful.

Keii
Sep 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
Could you get some screens of the angle you don't like, then others? I've been thinking about getting a sato mag cell.
http://i.imgur.com/wB0Yf.jpg
^ This is the worst, since it has its tail raised at all times while running.
http://i.imgur.com/a3asY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N6qKN.jpg

eharima
Sep 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
That feel when after 12years of pso you just notice sato only has 2 legs....

Spellbinder
Sep 18, 2012, 09:12 AM
That feel when after 12years of pso you just notice sato only has 2 legs....

This made my day, but I can still feel the money burning a hole in my pocket looking at the Sato.

eharima
Sep 18, 2012, 09:15 AM
3 mill in the auction house mang, then dont forget to buy a re-colour ticket
Because red sato is best sato!

Slidikins
Sep 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
This made my day, but I can still feel the money burning a hole in my pocket looking at the Sato.I think the inclusion of Sato actually deterred me from getting the Premium Box. Opposite sides of the same spectrum, I guess.

eharima
Sep 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
B/t> gueng si

Inazuma
Sep 18, 2012, 12:22 PM
3 mill in the auction house mang, then dont forget to buy a re-colour ticket
Because red sato is best sato!

If Shato is worth 3m, I will probably sell mine. I'm sure there will be cooler mag cells later.

Ryo
Sep 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Mine is -still- stuck in customs, going on a week now. Did this happen to anybody else?

Ce'Nedra
Sep 19, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mine will arrive soon :3 Got shipped today~

yunamon
Sep 21, 2012, 11:52 PM
Any of you Premium box owners wanna sell their Mag Evo Device/Shato?

Inazuma
Sep 22, 2012, 12:33 AM
Any of you Premium box owners wanna sell their Mag Evo Device/Shato?

You mean you would pay us via paypal or something and then we would trade the Shato in-game?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 22, 2012, 01:44 AM
You mean you would pay us via paypal or something and then we would trade the Shato in-game?

No, he wants to buy it for 500k meseta........... (check the trade board.)

Inazuma
Sep 22, 2012, 04:08 AM
No, he wants to buy it for 500k meseta........... (check the trade board.)

That's dumb. You can do that in the game normally. Browse player shops and buy the cheapest Shato available on the server.

Sirius-91
Sep 22, 2012, 04:33 AM
That's dumb. You can do that in the game normally. Browse player shops and buy the cheapest Shato available on the server.

Cheapest is 4mil

Ce'Nedra
Sep 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
Well I got mine yesterday and it looks really cool~

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 22, 2012, 06:30 AM

Yeah the problem is he's 3.5m short...

Inazuma
Sep 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah the problem is he's 3.5m short...

Well, if he finds a sucker who will sell it for 500k instead of 4m, good for him I guess. He better hurry because it will probably only go up in price.

SuKKrl
Sep 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Anybody knows if there is a place in New York City I can find this? Going to travel there and would love to get it if possible.

Ryo
Sep 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
Try NCS, they're in New York. ncsx.com

Nerineri
Sep 26, 2012, 03:44 AM
One thing I don't like about this premium box though, is that the installation CDs do not include the "new power" patch. This means that aft installation, you still have that huge patch to download again. I think this is pretty silly considered that the premium itself already give out the weapons code for new classes.

The manual... I guess SEGA is planning to release the official guide book(not the one that come with that Nacht Bazooka) for extra income.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
I'm guessing they may try this again at a later date to try and net more players with another 'Premium' box. I had mine for about a 3 days and it just seems so lacking in everything.

yunamon
Sep 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
Amiami seems to have Premium Box restocked. Got myself a pack now just for the Shato.

SuKKrl
Sep 26, 2012, 09:11 PM
Try NCS, they're in New York. ncsx.com

Thanks for the info ^^

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm guessing they may try this again at a later date to try and net more players with another 'Premium' box. I had mine for about a 3 days and it just seems so lacking in everything.

Yeah, it's called an expansion pack.

blace
Sep 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it's called an expansion pack.

They'll probably give it a different name to get attention like Arks edition or something.

Ryo
Sep 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info ^^

Glad to be of assistance. I've done business with NCS for 10+ years, and I can tell you they're the best in the business.