PDA

View Full Version : i get a black screen whenever i start pso2?

rtr720
Sep 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
i just got it going and everything and when it starts i just get a black screen. i have sound but thats all. i went and ran can u run it and it said my pc would run it fine so i dont know whats going on with it.

thanks ppls

Sephirah
Sep 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
i just got it going and everything and when it starts i just get a black screen. i have sound but thats all. i went and ran can u run it and it said my pc would run it fine so i dont know whats going on with it.

thanks ppls

What graphics card do you have?

Edit: If you don't know, type dxdiag in your start/search bar.

rtr720
Sep 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Sephirah
Sep 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
So... not sure what PSO2's minimum requirements are, but that's a 5, almost 6 year old card... it probably isn't good enough.

rtr720
Sep 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
i checked on can u run it and it said it was able to.... so i dont know

Kylrad
Sep 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
So... not sure what PSO2's minimum requirements are, but that's a 5, almost 6 year old card... it probably isn't good enough.

I don't think that's the issue here, my laptop is going on 6 years old and plays this game on Medium setting with easy.

Try using some older or newer graphics card drivers. You may just have a version that are conflicting in some way.

Sephirah
Sep 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
i checked on can u run it and it said it was able to.... so i dont know

Have you tried setting all your settings to the absolute minimum before opening?

I don't think that's the issue here, my laptop is going on 6 years old and plays this game on Medium setting with easy.

Try using some older or newer graphics card drivers. You may just have a version that are conflicting in some way.

Yea out of date drivers can mess stuff up.

rtr720
Sep 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
thank u guys. it was the driver. i installed the latest one and things to be working.

thanks so much