PDA

View Full Version : Let's reminisce. Because sometimes, we forget.

Crimera
Sep 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
We've come a long way since this game officially launched July 4th. I feel like sometimes people don't remember how things were back then.

Remember when you first beat the level and went after Rockbear in the end?
Remember when you found out Rockbear could could come after you mid-level?
Remember when you found out Rockbear AND mamma Ragne could come after you at the same time?
Remember your first code?
Remember when you made your first PSO2 friend?
Remember when you found out about the character creator?
Remember when you messed up and wanted to recreate your character?
Remember when you found out MPAs were amazing?
Remember when we only had 3 classes?
Remember when desert area first released and no one did caves for a good while?
Remember when we had a lower level cap?
Remember when you first fed your mag a rifle to shut it up?
Remember when you cared what you fed your mag?
Remember when the date for closed beta was nearing?
Remember when you first got that cool weapon?
Remember when you finally saved up enough meseta for that cool outfit?
...and someone else bought it first? :sleepy:

What are some of your remembers? >: 3

Sp-24
Sep 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
How they added a rule that you are not allowed to play from outside of Japan to ToS.

...Just kidding. I remember combo-finishing a Briada with with two exploding barrels once in the Mines. Yes, my memories are shallow and selfish like that.

HFlowen
Sep 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Lostbob117
Sep 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
The game just came out 2months ago or something, how can someone be a vet?

Dammy
Sep 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
The game just came out 2months ago or something, how can someone be a vet?

wrong
im playing since april for example
and im sure there true veterans that played in alpha

Dan Maku
Sep 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Remember when the Western version of the game was announced and everyone lost their collective shit because ERMEHGERD SEGREGATED SERVERS.

Crimera
Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
wrong
im playing since april for example
and im sure there true veterans that played in alpha

That is exactly what I meant.

I knew I shouldn't have put that there, as someone would isolate that one part from the entirety of the post and speak on it. :C I also went out of my way to put it in quotes, so it wouldn't seem as if I really meant a veteran or something. Just someone who has been around the block a bit.

Dammy
Sep 15, 2012, 12:45 PM
well , i remember how we tried to make a party at first day of beta and that took us like 2 hours, becasue we didnt knew how to do it and our only source of help was random jp player who used google translator

darkante
Sep 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Doing the forest runs and getting all excited for like anything and particulary when Dark Ragne were interesting.
The first city run were really mindblowing with all the people.

Also, getting invited to a cool team.

Sparzyle
Sep 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
I remember being most of the Open-Beta time at my room and my friend's rooms xD

Also the first time I met Lisa and she was crazy P:

dablacksephiroth
Sep 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
Remember when this thread wasn't here to remind you to remember the remembrances you still remember remembering the day before?

I remember...

CyberNei
Sep 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Once i got caught in Fanji and a Vol Dragon spawned right inside of it. We two had a fun dance party in there. Hardly i will ever forget those couple of minutes, ahaha.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/cycek2006/pso20120728_185450_013.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Squall179
Sep 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
I remember when......sexysluggybeach wasn't banned from the game *points to one of the names in the pic from the post above his own*

Chik'Tikka
Sep 16, 2012, 02:00 AM
I remember when Doo Doo was called DuDu or DoDo+^_^+

AFKei
Sep 16, 2012, 02:23 AM
I remember when my sunglasses used to sit on my hat correctly.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/X5v1a.jpg[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Sep 16, 2012, 02:44 AM
Are we even allowed to be nostalgic about this game yet?

I feel like the police are going to be angry about this. I think this is illegal.

IzzyData
Sep 16, 2012, 02:47 AM
The game just came out. I don't understand.

eharima
Sep 16, 2012, 03:09 AM
Remember when you used to drop your equipped weapon and meseta....

OH WAIT.

Actually I do remember when GG was 32bit only, ahh that was nice.

Angelo
Sep 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
Alpha player here.

I remember when the Hunter tree had awesome status effect resists for Guard Stance and a T-DEF skill.

BRING THEM BACK!

IndigoNovember
Sep 16, 2012, 04:25 AM
I remember when I got 5 hit combo'd by 5 different flame pillars in Caves.

Laxedrane
Sep 16, 2012, 04:29 AM
I remember doing Free forest for the first time. And for the very first time an English speaking player joined who was a good 5-6 levels higher then me. As we fought through the area. I stopped to talk to the guy and all of the sudden he said "Oh Fuck." I remember thinking "What could possibly get this guy to say that. He a good few levels higher then I am and the mobs in the area." Turning my camera to see ragne for the first time.

I nearly shit my pants.

NoiseHERO
Sep 16, 2012, 09:21 AM
I remember when I told this Japanese girl, "OMG YOU'RE SO KAWAII"

and she was all "THANK YOU(in Japanese) ARIGATOU" and I was all...

"OH MY GAAAADO"

raiden55
Sep 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
I remember not understanding why these damn bosses that takes ages to kill never loot red boxes.

Triple_S
Sep 16, 2012, 11:03 AM

That's funny. Just the other day I got caught by a trap, which shot me into another trap that had activated a second after the first. The second one shot me into a THIRD trap that someone else activated.

I died.

Crimera
Sep 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
I remember when I told this Japanese girl, "OMG YOU'RE SO KAWAII"

and she was all "THANK YOU(in Japanese) ARIGATOU" and I was all...

"OH MY GAAAADO"

LOL for real? HAHA!

Punisher106
Sep 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
I remembered the first time I laid my eyes on Big Varder. I instantly fell in love.

Home Dog
Sep 17, 2012, 12:07 AM
Remember when people were just linking to bumped.org and it was saving all of us from a lot of trouble! :D It still is!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Blues22475
Sep 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
Fighting the Rockbear for the first time.
First reaction to every new area I've been in so far.
First City event I experienced.
First time reaching level cap
First time fighting Quartz Dragon on Hard (almost crapped myself xD).
First time someone talked to me in the lobby calling me a perv (even though I was minding my own business and not saying anything lol).
First time seeing "EXP FULL" message (which isn't even a problem now lol)
Reaching Mag Level Cap
Finishing the build I wanted for my character
First time grinding a weapon
First time adding a ability to a weapon
First Death.

Fox2Tails
Sep 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
I remember when I had a friend who'd enjoy my company...

Zorafim
Sep 17, 2012, 10:04 AM

I remember getting 5 hit combo'd by the same flame pillar by being launched from a wall back into the pillar. In caves.

Remember when you couldn't get past the tutorial because you had no idea what they were asking you to do?

[spoiler-box]Dramatic Recreation:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120426_214211_014.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Remember when you got blasted by your first mine?

[spoiler-box]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_021934_000.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_021936_001.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_022348_002.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Fishy McFishman remembers. As if it happened just the other day. Probably because it did.

Akaimizu
Sep 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
I remember a number of things named. I also remember my first failed code as well. The darn Emergency Protect mission randomly happening during one of those multi-party sections. I was trying to protect that damaged ship alone, and it seemed like there was nothing I could do to keep it from damaging out. Too many things hitting it from too many sides. I was overwhelmed and not powerful enough, then. It was taking me too many hits to take the mobs out.

Coatl
Sep 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
I remember in pre-open beta when me and Link KD duo'd the desert for our boquet rifles. When we saw other people with us that weren't in our party we were like "OMGWTF WALKING NPCS SO COOL."

Yeah, uhm. We also didn't know we could buy PAs/techs in the shop, so me being a FOcast with a rod and no PP regen armed with only foie was uh...interesting. Suddenly out of nowhere I saw a spinning vortex in the air and I stood there for a good few seconds looking at it before it suddenly went chasing me. It caught me, of course. I called out for link's help as the swarm of darkers circled around me. Link had no idea where I was, but I thought that if I tried hard enough, I could make it out of this. NOPE! Gwanahda pops up from underneath me, and the only thing I'm thinking is "holy fuck shit @_@." Yeah, uh, we had to go to lobby and get help from someone who knew what they were doing to get our rifles. x3

I remember when all emergency codes or random ragnes were all fun and exciting.
Those were good times.

Crimera
Sep 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
I remember getting 5 hit combo'd by the same flame pillar by being launched from a wall back into the pillar. In caves.

Remember when you couldn't get past the tutorial because you had no idea what they were asking you to do?

[spoiler-box]Dramatic Recreation:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120426_214211_014.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Remember when you got blasted by your first mine?

[spoiler-box]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_021934_000.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_021936_001.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120621_022348_002.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Fishy McFishman remembers. As if it happened just the other day. Probably because it did.

LOL some good ones there ^.^!!

Kierto
Sep 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
I remember the awesome Alpha CODE voice. RIP.

Or the original Forest BGM before its 'add PSO' makeover.

njdss4
Sep 17, 2012, 08:42 PM
I remember my first PSE Burst, Cross Burst, and ONE MORE! Those were fucking awesome. I have a hard time getting groups to trigger Bursts these days. Not enough folks in the multi party areas who will actually kill stuff together.

lostinseganet
Sep 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
I remember...Dreamcast... Everything was soo new so young, and glorious. You just had to be there. I just loved getting lost in sega.net's gamerverse.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
LOL! Anybody remember these LONG fights? Oh my goodness! I found this lying around on a CD and just HAD to re-upload it! Wow... these were really intense fights. Very calming, and your group felt like a GROUP, damnit! Not just a bunch of people who happen to be in the same field as you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPN-CgWStVU