PDA

View Full Version : about that patch with 3 loading bars.

IAMERR0R
Sep 16, 2012, 11:01 PM
been working on installing this for a few days now x.x....
don;t have the best connection,
i am using a wired phone tether, tho it's been worked on so the speeds are okay.
good enough to run your standard mmo.

Question:
does it restart every time i open it, or every time it stops?
or does it somehow for the most part pick up from where it left off?

cus after i leave it for ages i always get this.

http://i45.tinypic.com/sy5gm1.png

can i maybe fix something from "PSO@" config file?
stop connection from timing out as easy?

awsum forum btw, cant wait to play =]

pikachief
Sep 16, 2012, 11:06 PM
I believe if you hit the 3rd button (the one under the settings button) it'll continue where you left off.

Otherwise it restarts every time.

EDIT: also remember that these servers are all the way in Japan so you may have a harder time keeping a steady connection than normal. Maybe.

IAMERR0R
Sep 16, 2012, 11:14 PM
REALLY NOW?! 0-0 the 3rd button you say?
thankyou so much for that fantastic bit of info.

pikachief
Sep 16, 2012, 11:27 PM
REALLY NOW?! 0-0 the 3rd button you say?
thankyou so much for that fantastic bit of info.

yea that's the file check button. it checks for what files you don't have, then it downloads those. So if you've already downloaded some of the files and you got an error, that button should try downloading the rest.

blace
Sep 16, 2012, 11:33 PM
Just remember that you're downloading about 4GB of data with limited bandwidth courtesy of Sega of Japan, on average it can take several hours with at least 100kb/s, assuming they may or may not decrease the cap.

IAMERR0R
Sep 17, 2012, 03:00 AM
well around when i last posted i did the 3rd option (filecheck) ...
now i got error again, then reelected 3rd option for filecheck,
seems to make no difference and just start from the beginning again tho...

sucks i was almost halfway done.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 17, 2012, 03:07 AM
the bar restarts yes, but it actually resumes where it left off+^_^+ go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 folder, right click and look at properties and you should be seeing it get bigger and have more files (in the end it should be 8GB or so and have 10,192 files)

Maronji
Sep 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
well around when i last posted i did the 3rd option (filecheck) ...
now i got error again, then reelected 3rd option for filecheck,
seems to make no difference and just start from the beginning again tho...

sucks i was almost halfway done.

To add on to what Chik'Tikka said, the bar does "restart", but what it's really doing is checking all of the files from the beginning. It's not actually downloading anything at that point. It's just going, "Okay, are all these files the way they're supposed to be?" and goes down the list until it finds files that don't match what it's expecting (different/missing files). It then goes through the process of downloading the files it needs to "fix".

tl;dr: Just let it run and leave it. Restart it when necessary. It'll save you a lot of heart ache to ignore it apart from checking on it once in a while.

KrankItVZ
Sep 17, 2012, 03:15 AM
For me just leave it on and don't touch it. If it fails just retry again and again. This patch took the longest retries. Think about 4 times (but then again I was multi-tasking)

FacelessRed
Sep 17, 2012, 04:05 AM
the patch is a bit glitchy (at one point the background for it changed as if it was to say "Yea im done" and the white part of the bars disappeared. and it was just downloading super slowly and getting all stupid. Just leave it be, even if it seems frozen(within good reason of course, don't leave it for like 2-3 hours).

Chik'Tikka
Sep 17, 2012, 04:18 AM
indeed it is, and Segac's been very good at finding uploads of the patch on share sites etc (I've been looking, but all i find are suspended accounts, and I'm not uploading it, i like my accounts) and killing them even though it cuts dl time to like 1 hour, so we're gonna have to suffer Segac servers for now+^_^+

Jonth
Sep 17, 2012, 05:21 AM
I believe if you hit the 3rd button (the one under the settings button) it'll continue where you left off.

Otherwise it restarts every time.

EDIT: also remember that these servers are all the way in Japan so you may have a harder time keeping a steady connection than normal. Maybe.

Actually, from my experience, it picks up where you left off regardless of which button you press. The third button (file check) will just patch without starting up the game afterwards, in case that is something you prefer.

IAMERR0R
Sep 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
well.... here's my progress since i started the thread.

http://i48.tinypic.com/9swcp1.png

i see where it's doing the file check at the beginning, but still believe it starts fresh every time.
had to restart about 5 or 6 times in the past 24 hours.

btw got one of these to.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2q2r7ep.png

been at this for a while...
think it's about time i throw in the towel.

pikachief
Sep 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
well.... here's my progress since i started the thread.

http://i48.tinypic.com/9swcp1.png

i see where it's doing the file check at the beginning, but still believe it starts fresh every time.
had to restart about 5 or 6 times in the past 24 hours.

btw got one of these to.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2q2r7ep.png

been at this for a while...
think it's about time i throw in the towel.

i've heard of people with better internets going through 12 hours straight. have you tried around 12 hours of download time total?

IAMERR0R
Sep 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
been downloading since before i started this thread... over 24hours now i believe.

IAMERR0R
Sep 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
just now finished downloading =3