PDA

View Full Version : best way to get ac?

darkfalz16
Sep 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hello whats the best way to get ac now? i heard american express cards work but want to know for sure before i go out and buy one thank you i would just use my debit card but i heard that they are blocking foreign cards now so it appears thats out of the question

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Are you in the states? You want am amex premium card, which can be gotten online. The ones in the stores don't work, but you can input the store-bought card details when ordering a premium card to transfer the store card's money without setting up a bank account or paying a moneypak fee.

Inazuma
Sep 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
Or try applying for a proper American Express credit card. Their customer service is very good.

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
I was under the impression that amex credit cards did not work on this, only the amex prepaid cards. I seem to recall people with amex credit cards saying they didn't work.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
Debit Cards don't work, Credit does.

Inazuma
Sep 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
I was under the impression that amex credit cards did not work on this, only the amex prepaid cards. I seem to recall people with amex credit cards saying they didn't work.

It worked for me.

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
Oh, hm. Oh well, already have my prepaid card and I've wanted one for a while anyway. It'll have its uses in real life too.

Inazuma
Sep 17, 2012, 06:48 PM
Oh, hm. Oh well, already have my prepaid card and I've wanted one for a while anyway. It'll have its uses in real life too.

Can you build credit with prepaid cards? If not, I suggest using the real thing if you are old enough.

darkfalz16
Sep 17, 2012, 07:08 PM
how do you get past the captcha? last time i did this it was katakana now its hiragana and everything i try doesnt get past it

Inazuma
Sep 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
how do you get past the captcha? last time i did this it was katakana now its hiragana and everything i try doesnt get past it

What do you mean, how do you get past the captcha? You correctly enter the text and it will let you through. Do you know hiragana? If you can't make out some of the characters, try refreshing until easier ones come up. Or you can take a screenshot and ask someone on the forums to help you.

skuld01
Sep 17, 2012, 07:22 PM
http://japanese.nciku.com/

maybe....handwriting!

EDIT: In case you have no idea what to do in that site.

Just draw (using mouse) a JP character in the box provided and a JP character will be inputted at the box left hand side for you.

MissMalice
Sep 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
Or try applying for a proper American Express credit card. Their customer service is very good.

My husband and I had a good laugh at that [he actually has been working for American Express for a few years now].

Anywho! This is the site (http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm) that I've been using for the captcha. It has a katakana keyboard as well. just in case Sega goes back to that~ c:

Keep in mind that if you take too long with the captcha, it'll time out and keep rejecting you even if the captcha is correct. So, usually I just keep reloading [not refreshing] the page until I get a captcha image that I can complete pretty easily. Hope this helps!

Chik'Tikka
Sep 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
Are you in the states? You want am amex premium card, which can be gotten online. The ones in the stores don't work, but you can input the store-bought card details when ordering a premium card to transfer the store card's money without setting up a bank account or paying a moneypak fee.

can you give a link to the page to buy one?? there's a lot of options and i don't quite know what to click+^_^+

.Jack
Sep 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
You don't have to buy one, just order it from their website and they'll mail it to you for free.

www.americanexpress.com/Prepaid

The best second option I'd say is buying webmoney through cn-usa.com. You don't need to send them any ID/verification by using Googlepay and you should have your webcode the same day you ordered it.

Natsuma
Sep 18, 2012, 07:47 AM
What would you suggest for a European (french to be accurate)?
I already bought AC when it was just available with a Mastercard Debit Card, the AC were sent to my in-game account but I somehow got a refund 2 weeks later.
Since then, everytime I try to buy AC I get a message saying my Card is not accepted, and that I should contact my bank.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

JanosA
Sep 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
i just got some webmoney from cn-usa, so now I need some AC. I'm not sure what to do. When I get to the AC store, it's asking for my name in jp, address, etc.

help would be appreciated

Bigsten
Sep 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
You don't a credit card at all, you can use paypal with sutocorp to purchase webmoney codes that you then charge to your webmoney account. I have used them twice now with no problems. The first time you use them its takes ages because they ask for proof of address. But after that it takes less than an hour to get the webmoney code. Cost me just shy of £30 for 3000AC.

This is a good guide http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199490&highlight=guide
Note that the jp captha is not in katakana as the guide suggest, it is in fact in hiragana.(http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm)

Bigsten
Sep 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
i just got some webmoney from cn-usa, so now I need some AC. I'm not sure what to do. When I get to the AC store, it's asking for my name in jp, address, etc.

help would be appreciated

What you need to do if you live outside Japan is create a shipping address here: http://www.tenso.com/en/
This will give you a perfectly legit address you can use once you have logged in. Note that the jp captha is not in katakana as some guides suggest, it is in fact in hiragana (http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm)

Now the tricky bit. Western names dont translate to well into kanji so what you need to do is find a jp name such as chin shi or something short (try wikipedia). Once you found one go to google translate and translate that name into JP. That will give the kanji name, then you need to find a kanji to katakana translator (google it) to give you the katakana version.

Its tricky but you'll get there eventually. ;-)

JanosA
Sep 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Ok. I've set up the tenso account and got my jp address, but I'm still confused. The address it has listed looks extremely long. I dont know exactly what to put into the 'enter address' bar...

i got this pop up, can someone please translate for me?

gigawuts
Sep 23, 2012, 02:43 PM
Can you build credit with prepaid cards? If not, I suggest using the real thing if you are old enough.

I've got credit cards - and it isn't always a good idea to go passing that information around overseas, no matter how trustworthy the company is. There's also certain companies I don't want having my real CC info, like say certain subscriptions (Xbox Live with their nigh-impossible methods of removing CC info is one many here should be familiar with) and when I'm just in relatively unsavory neighborhoods.

Yes, CC companies will block and refund purchases made with a stolen card, but I'd rather eliminate that at the source if not cap how much they can spend to about 30 bucks.

Credit cards are still important to have, even if you can afford the purchase just to build your credit rating, but this acts as a nice proxy too.

can you give a link to the page to buy one?? there's a lot of options and i don't quite know what to click+^_^+
Hrm, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you at www.americanexpress.com/prepaid/ ? There should be something about ordering a card. You were the one that posted the picture of a store-bought amex prepaid card, correct? Did you actually get that card? If yes, any amount on it can be transferred to the online-obtained card. The online card is even free, I didn't pay a cent.